"Logan, I-"

~ X-Men I need you in the conference room, we have a situation. ~

The Professor's voice seemed to fill the room, startling Ororo and pissing Logan off, which caused him to growl.

"Fuck, he's got terrible timin," Ororo simply smiled at him as she made her way to the door, with Logan close behind her. "I'll be expectin an answer when this meetin is over darlin, I ain't one fer waiting."


Sometime Later



"All I'm sayin is the leather looks tight, can ya breathe in it?" Logan repeated the complaint he had had since they'd suited up for their mission. Ororo for the most part had ignored him, finding it somewhat sweet that he was so concerned and not having the patience to tell Logan that the baby was still too small to affect her clothing. "Ya should be wearin those clothes fer pregnant women."

"Maternity clothes," Ororo corrected as they continued their search of the subways. The professor had gotten a reading from cerebro of mutant activity in the subways where several children had gone missing, so he thought there may be a link and sent the X-Men to investigate.

"Right, maternity clothes, that's what ya should be wearin. We should go shoppin."

"We?" Ororo paused and turned to face Logan who had paired himself up with her, while Scott and Kurt took the other end of the Subway. She arched a brow with a humorous smile on her face as she stared at him, that smile quickly faded as she noted the now serious, stone-cold glare on his face. "Logan, what…" Before she could finish her question, Ororo felt herself being forcefully yanked, as Logan grasped her and pulled her behind him in time to avoid a strike.

"Sabertooth!" Logan growled and snarled. Ororo could only watch with wide eyes as the two feral men jumped at each other, jabbing and kicking. Sabertooth took the upper hand as he lifted Logan and threw him against a concrete wall, and when Logan's body hit the floor hard Sabertooth turned his attention to where Ororo still stood. Her eyes instantly whitened and electricity crackled around her.

"Aye, let's go!" A voice called from the darkened tunnel and both Ororo and Sabertooth turned to find Toad emerging from the tunnels. "Trust me you don't want to be on the end of one of her bolts. Besides we got what we came for," He said and with a slight snarl showing his canine, Sabertooth looked back at Ororo seeing she was distracted, he swung smacking her back to the ground. Logan who was slowly standing roared in anger at Sabertooth's retreating back as he ran towards Toad, and the two disappeared into the darkness. Logan rushed to Ororo, who still lay on the ground stunned and a bit winded.

"Don't move," Logan commanded as he rushed to her and began to look her over.

"I am ok Logan," She said as she began to sit up. Scott and Kurt hurried to them.

"What happened?" Scott asked as he kneeled beside Ororo, helping her up, as Logan lifted her from the other side.

"Sabertooth and Toad," Ororo answered and righted herself and tried pulling from their grasp, Scott released her but Logan held his grip.

"Wait, I thought…" Scott began to speak but Logan cut him off.

"Yeah, yeah we all did, we need ta get ya back and let Jean take a look at ya," Logan addressed Ororo who in turn rolled her eyes at him.

"I am fine Logan," She repeated.

"But what about tha baby?" Logan blurted out not caring who was in earshot, Ororo however glared at him.

"Baby, vhat baby?" Kurt asked as he and Scott looked from Logan to Ororo in confusion.

"Our baby, move elf," Logan said as he moved him and Ororo toward the exit.

"Ororo, you're going to have a baby … Logan's baby?" Scott asked a bit stunned as he and Kurt followed them out.

"Yeah, what of it?" Logan asked as he shot a glare over his shoulder.

"Nothing, it's just I didn't know you two were that close."

"Me neither," Kurt agreed.

"And you were supposed ta?" Logan asked as he bunched his brow at them, he then focused his attention back to Ororo. "Ya want me ta carry ya darlin?"

"That shall not be necessary Logan. Goddess, are you going to be this unbearable the entire pregnancy?" She asked smiling despite herself.

"Does that mean ya've decided ta keep it?"




"Both mother and baby are fine," Jean said smiling at Ororo as she lay on one of the medlab beds.

"Which is what I said," Ororo said. "Sorry to waste your time, Jean."

"Well, Logan was right to bring you here after you took a fall, it's better to be safe sweetie," Jean spoke with a smile and she tucked a loc of Ororo's hair behind her ear.

"Oh, Goddess not you too."

"What, can't I be concerned with my Godchild's safety, and Logan is just being a daddy."

"Fine take his side," Ororo said nodding her head towards Logan who sat in a chair beside the bed, rereading Jean's reports on Ororo's condition.

"What the hell are these red lines?" He asked frowning at the sheet of paper.

"It's the baby's heart rate and yes it's normal, they're both fine Logan. Everything is fine. I promise," Jean assured him.

"Sorry, just that wit my luck I'd learn I got a kid and then lose it all in the same day."

"Not today my love," Ororo said with a sigh and slight yawn.

"My Love, huh, so is that a yes ta my proposal?" Logan asked and Ororo's head quickly turned to him, her eyes growing wide.

"Proposal?" Jean repeated as she took a step closer to the bed while a smile spread across her face. "What proposal?"

"I asked Ro ta marry me and she ain't gave me an answer yet."

"Which is a personal matter," Ororo warned through clenched teeth.

"Like ya won't gonna tell her as soon as I left tha room," Logan said now standing and moving to the door. "So, I'll leave ya to it, see if Jeannie can talk some sense inta ya. I'ma go inta town ta pick up some things, be back later," He said before disappearing from the room.




"So, are you afraid that he's only asking because of the baby?" Jean asked as she lay with Ororo at the foot of the medlab bed.

"No, he brought the ring months ago," Ororo said as she chewed at her bottom lip deep in thought.

"Soo, " Jean nudged her. "What's the problem that means he really means it, he really wants to marry you."

"And?" Ororo looked at her friend giggling a bit at her merriment to the situation. "Does that mean 'I' want to marry him? And why are you so for this marriage, if Logan and I marry you two could not have your fanciful fling any longer."

"What fanciful fling?" Jean asked in mock surprise.

"Oh, please Jean I am referring to the flirting that you two do, Goddess even Scott sees it. Of course, I know it is all just for show, but now that Logan and I ‘together’ I understand why it bothers Scott so much."

"It bothers Scott?" Jean repeated actually stunned by this.

"Are you serious? You never noticed, Scott did always know how to hide his feelings from you, whereas with me he doesn't when he needs a shoulder."

"My God if I had known, ever thought it bothered him I-"

"You would have only flirted when Scott wasn't around," Ororo finished for her. "I know you like the attention Logan throws your way, Jean, I see you blush and giggle, which in part lies the problem."

"Oh Ro, I'd never, and as for the flirting well that ends as of now. I really had no idea it bothered Scott so much. I love him, Scott I mean. Logan, he's just. Well, it's nice to feel desirable to a man."

"Even if that man is not yours?"

"Especially if he's not yours," Jean answered and they both fell into a fit of giggles. "But seriously, Ro don't let me stop you from marrying Logan. I know he really does love you I can see it just by the way he looks at you."

"Jean you are not the reason I haven't given Logan an answer. The truth is I just do not know if I want to take that step, with Logan or anyone else for that matter," At that Ororo burst into laughter causing Jean to look at her perplexed.

"What?" Jean asked softly laughing herself.

"Look at me, I am actually being choosy. Here I am twenty-eight years old, unwed, and pregnant by a man who wants to marry me, and I am still weighing my options," She said before laughing again, this time Jean joined her and they laughed until tears fell from their eyes. After they calmed down Jean spoke.

"Do you love him, Ororo?"

"With all of my heart," Ororo answered honestly.

"Then marry him!"





You must login () to review.