They entered the mansion, both happy that the day had gone as planed for both of them. A day at the spa really can do wonders for the spirit as well as the body, Ororo thought as she sighed and smiled brightly as she and Jean walked into the parlor. Her feelings of ease and relaxation quickly faded when her eyes fell upon the three teenagers sitting and the foot of the stairs.

“Goddess what has happened that has put such sourness on your faces?” Ororo inquired as she and Jean stood before the worried crew.

“In the Study,” Rogue spoke out as all eyes looked to the closed door of the study. “It’s Logan and it’s bad, ah’ve never seen him…it scared me.” She finished hugging her self as Ororo swallowed the lump in her throat, her eyes still locked onto the door. She sat the two shopping bags she held on the floor next to the stairs and turned to make her way to the door. “Ah don’t think you should go in there Miss Munroe.” Rogue called after her and Ororo turned back to face her with a puzzled look on her face.

“Don’t be silly, he is my husband and if there’s something wrong with him I want to know what it is, has he told you?” She asked already knowing the answer and was not at all surprised when the girl shook her head no. “Then I guess I’ll have to ask him myself then won’t I?” And then she stood before the door not bothering to knock but simply turned the knob, entered and then closed the door behind her. She stood in shock at the scene before her, there were pieces of broken wood tossed about the room, overturned furniture, broken items everywhere, and sitting near the heart of the huge fireplace was Logan, staring into the bright flames of a newly lit fire.

“Get out.” He spoke out in a deep hoarse voice, which sounded run down. Ororo had to fight the urge to do as he had instructed, as she hesitated a moment before walking further into the room.

“Logan,” She called to him in a calm low voice but he didn’t answer her nor acknowledge her in any regard, only reached out and grasped a shard of the splintered wood and tossed it into the flames. “What has happened?” She asked as she now stood just over his shoulder, close enough to let him know she was there but not too close, in case he felt the need to continue his rampage of the room.

“I bought you a gift,” He answered as he again reached out and grabbed some of the wood and tossed in to the fire.

“Oh,” She allowed her voice to peek in mock excitement to his words, as she now sat near his feet, feeling at ease enough to lean her body again his leg. “What is it?”

“A hand crafted one of a kind, mohagony bassinet. I had it made special with pictures of animals and words of yer native tongue, craved into it.” He said.

“It sounds beautiful, thank you.” She replied genuinely touched by the gesture. “Where is it, I would love to see.”

“Look around, it’s pretty much everywhere, but mostly ashes.” He said as he tossed another piece in.

“Oh Logan,” Ororo called to him as her eyes filled with sad tears.

“Sorry Ro, it came today and I should’ve cancelled the order but I forgot and….FUCK! I’m sorry.”

“Please Logan do not apologize, I think it is I who owe you the apology.” She said causing him to turn to her dumbstruck by her words.

“What the hell for?”

“All this time I’ve cried and cursed and been angry and hurt and mad at the world, and you, because of the loss of my baby, when it wasn’t just my loss, but yours as well. I never once stopped to consider how you were feeling. Goddess, Logan I have been treating you like an outsider thinking you could not possible understand what I have been going through but you know better than anyone here. I suppose I look at you and I see ‘Wolverine’, the strong tough one you never complains, never shows fear, never cries. I sometimes forget that you are just a man, made of flesh and bones like the rest, indestructible bones but bones nonetheless,” she smiled attempting a joke and received a slight smile for her effort. “I would like to know how you feel, if you wish to tell me.” She said and then remained silent awaiting his words, which were long in coming, and after nearly a half hour of silence he finally spoke.

“I didn’t deserve it.” He said and Ororo frowned a bit in confusion but remained silent still. “Not you, not him, not this feeling. I knew it wouldn’t last and that it was gonna end badly, but once I had it, got a taste of it, I wanted it,” He said and for the first time looked at her, as he reached out and stroked her hair, only to yank his hand back as if a sharp pain had gripped it. “I wanted it all so badly I forgot that I didn’t deserve any of it, and I knew, I think I always did, that it was going to go away somehow and it has. He’s dead and before he really got a chance ta live, before I got ta know him liked I had dreamed.” He said the last part with a smile on his face. “I actually had dreams of teaching him ta play ball and ta drive. First time for as long as I can remember when I wasn’t having nightmares, I was dreaming about him, and you.” He locked eyes with her, letting his eyes roam her face and then down her body. “Now it’s all gone.”

“Not all,” Ororo said with a sad yet sweet smile. “I am still here and I am not going anywhere.” He bunched his brow as he frowned at her, and she took note of his expression and matched it with a similar one. “What you think I am going to leave you?”

“Just figured we’d get a divorce.” He said out loud with a deep sigh, what had been plaguing his mind and heart for awhile now. Ororo stared at his slightly bowed head for a second before she dropped hers, in hopes to hide the pain and disappointment on her face.

“You want to get a divorce?” She repeated the word in a near whisper as she fought to control the panic within her, and failing as the skies showing through the bay window, quickly began to darken.

“Figured you would after...” He stopped not wanting to say out loud what he knew would probably upset her, though she didn’t cry as openly about the loss of their child, he knew she still cried and everyday.

“Goddess, Logan I did not marry you just because I was pregnant with your child,” She said a bit offended that he had thought it. “Is that why you asked me?” She questioned as she stared at him intensely.

“I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t a factor,” He answered honestly. “But it aint the main reason, I asked ya because something happened ta me, where I couldn’t eat, sleep, or think straight cause you were always in my head. When I found I couldn’t sleep peaceful, and then couldn’t sleep at all unless I was curled tightly around you. I’d seek ya out when ya weren’t around, and when ya were I’d act like it didn’t bother me even though my heart pounded so loud it gave me a headache. I asked ya ta marry me because I’m in love with you, desperately, possessively, scary in love with ya and I want ya with me.” He finished his declaration and then became silent waiting for her to make the next move, and she swiftly did, tackling him to the floor and covering his mouth with her own.

TBC:D
~~~~
I know terrible place to leave it but my fingers hurting so I’ll have to stop here





You must login () to review.