Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the really, really late update. I've totally forgotten about this story. It's super old, clearly written in oh-seven. I'll get to re-writing this eventually.
The air in the room stirred until it was strong enough to, literally, blow the door shut. As that happened, the dark skinned woman moved to stand in front of the Canadian. "What are you doing here Logan?" The African asked, more curious than anything else.

Logan could hear the curiosity in the woman's voice, and the corners of his mouth twitched upward at that. He leaned back in his chair, placed his feet on the table in front of him, one ankle crossed over the other, and his hands behind his head. "Came ta check on yah, Darlin'." He answered her.

Ororo looked at Logan, wondering why he's taken such a sudden interest in her welfare. "I had a strong shoulder to lean on." She told him, truthfully, because, let's face it, She had. He had listened and not once told her that Jean was a hero and that she shouldn't be upset. "But now, my friend, it is your turn to lean on a shoulder."

Logan eyed Ororo for a moment, considering her request. He remembered what she said the other night. About not getting anything in return. She will, it'll just be on his time, not hers. But right now, just by seeing her and hearing her voice he felt better. "I'm fine, Darlin'." He told her.

Ororo looked intensely at the older man and crossed her arms in front of her, under her chest, stubbornly. He wasn't getting out of this this easily. Nuh-uh. "I know how much Jean meant to you, Logan. We all do. You must be feeling something." She told him, letting him know that he wasn't getting out of this.

Logan heard the stubbornness in her voice. He dropped his feet from the desk, and rubbed his face with a hand as he gave a low growl. "I wasn't in love with Jeannie." He said as he moved his hands from his face. "It was lust, nothin' more."

Apparently, for Ororo, Logan didn't sound very convincing. She pulled up a chair and sat down on it, across from Logan. "Logan, you felt something for Jean. You must have. I saw you cry on the blackbird." She debated, gently.
Logan locked eyes with calm blue ones. "I cared for 'er. I cared for 'er and I lusted after 'er." He growled dangerously. He clearly didn't want to talk about it, and he hoped that the Weather Goddess would take a hint a drop it, because right now, he was about to lose his temper and he did not want to hurt the woman in front of him. He never liked talking about how he felt, but he knew that with Ororo he would have too, sooner or later.

Ororo noticed something dangerous in Logan's eyes just then. She realized that Logan was trying to keep his control. She's never seen Logan lose control and a small dangerous part of her was tempted to push him over the edge. She knew that it was bad when he lost himself to the Wolverine. Just like it was with her, but she had better control. Perhaps talking about how he felt stirred something up, deep within him; something from his past.
"It is hard, is it not?" Ororo suddenly spoke after a moment of silence. At the puzzled look she got from Logan, she decided to explain. "Keeping control, it is hard, especially when it is so tempting to just lose it, but you cannot, because if you do, you might hurt someone you care deeply for."

Logan looked at the woman in front of him, surprised. How could the African beauty know so much about keeping control? "Darlin', what do yah know 'bout keeping control?"

A gently, patient smile graced the dark skinned woman's face. "You and I, Logan, we are not that different. I have to fight for control too. With the death of my best friend hanging over us, that is not that easy. That is why I prefer not to think about it." She explained to him.

Logan studied the Goddess intensely. From what he's learned just by watching her, she didn't appear to need to fight for control. What would happen if she lost it? Would she be like any other woman with terrible mood swings? "Why do yah 'ave ta fight fer control, Ororo?"

"You know that my mutation is controlling the weather, Logan. I can control my powers with my freewill, as long as my emotions do not get in the way of it. To keep them from getting in the way, Logan, I act the way I do. I handled Jean's death like I did, so I would not lose control." Ororo explained, and then added "Last night, when it started raining, I only barely lost control, I could have gotten it back when I wanted to, but when I rarely lose control, I cannot. Just like you, Logan, for the risking of damaging my surroundings."

Logan knew that she lost control the other night, but because she still had some control left, did that mean that when Ororo loses all of her control, Mother Nature would show everyone what she was truly made out of? He decided to find out, "What 'appens when yah lose control, Darlin'?"

"I can control more than just the weather in Westchester. If I wanted to I could make it rain in Beijing, China from here, but that takes a lot of energy out of me. The point is, Logan, that when I lose control, a Weather Phenomenon could happen. I could freeze Thames River in London solid, start a snowstorm in San Diego, or create a fierce blizzard in the Sahara. I could even create the second Ice Age. I keep my control so that I don’t do things I know I will regret. I don’t want to hurt someone else." Ororo told him, the look she wore on her face was one of total seriousness. She has never lost total control, and she didn't have to, to know that she could do those things.

Never in his eternal life time, could he have imagined that Ororo, beautiful, loving Ororo could be that powerful. But if that really could happen when she loses control, if she really could create a second Ice Age, how does she manage not? She said that she is the way she is to not lose control. Then what would she be like if she didn't have to have control? "How can yah remain so calm and so well controlled, Darlin'? How do yah manage not tah lose control?" He asked the Weather Witch.

There was a paused after the Canadian's questions. Honestly, she wasn't sure how to answer that, so she did it the best she could, "When I was a child, I was not like this, Logan. I used to get in all kinds of trouble, but eventually, I grew up. When I was thirteen I left the city of Cairo Egypt, to return my homeland. I travel for a year, on foot, and during that time, my powers came. When I reached Tanzania, I was a little over fourteen. I lived there for five years, playing the role of a Weather Goddess, and there, I learned control, the art of mediation, and only doing and getting what you need to survive. I guess that is where I learned to remain calm and controlled." She told him.

He saw her with new eyes. She wasn't the same woman who he thought she was when he first came here. At first, he's thought of her as a level-headed, sophisticated, cold-heart yet loving woman, but now, there was more to that. There was a reason to her level-headedness. She was a lot like him if he thought about it. Could she, perhaps, be the one to understand and calm his rages? Logan opened his mouth to comment but then closed it. He heard footsteps that came their way. He turned his gaze towards the closed door after the footsteps stopped, and listened to the knock on the door.

At the sound of the knocking Ororo tore her gaze away from the Wolverine and looked at the door. "Come in," She called in the direction towards the door.

Once the words left Ororo's mouth, a young woman walked through the door; through the solid red oak door. Wide brown eyes took in the scene before her. From what she's heard from the multi-colored haired southern Belle, the Wolverine rarely talked to people, so why was he here, talking to Storm? "Um, sorry to interrupt, Ms. Munroe and Mr. Logan, but I have a question concerning the Revolutionary War." She said looking from one adult to the other.

Ororo smiled at Katherine Pryde and then turned her gaze to Logan, "We will talk later, Logan." She told him. She felt that she was done talking, but she knew that she still had to be there for Logan. And she'll be there for him, whenever he's ready, but at that moment, she had to help a student.

Logan watched Ororo for a moment, before he nodded, "Alright, Darlin'. I'll see ya later." He said as he stood up from his sitting position on the classroom chair. He cast the Weather Witch a smile that was only meant for her before he turned and walked out the door, ruffling Kitty’s hair with an absent mind as he walked past her. He had a lot to think about.

Ororo's full attention was on the teenager now, "Now, what do you need help with, Kitten?" Ororo asked in her teacher tone.





You must login () to review.