Disclaimer ;; I don’t own them. Marvel and Fox Entertainment do. I certainly wouldn’t mind owning Hugh Jackman though.

****

It was too cold to be outside once the sun had set, being late fall and all. Warm days, cold nights, but he still found her out by the gardens. It was easy to find her because she smelled of pain. He remembered how she used to smell like. How he loved her scent. The Goddess never wore perfume, she always went natural and that’s what he loved about her. Her natural scent was the aroma was nature itself and he missed the sweet tang.

That chilly, late fall night, Ororo Munroe was wearing a pair of beige leather pants that seemed to hug every one of her curves and fan out around her leather boot covered feet. The upper half of her body was covered by a black leather jacket that covered a white t-shirt that hung off her shoulders, and clung to her breasts. She didn’t hear the Canadian approach her from behind, for her thoughts were else where.

“Evenin’ Ororo.” Logan greeted her, after taking advantage of the moment of silence to burn the image of her profile into his memory. No matter what, he didn’t want to forget the look of deep thought Ororo wore on her face at that moment. It was intense, her brown eyes were pained, but everything else just screamed ‘Serenity’.

Ororo didn’t even jump or show any other signs of being surprised by Logan’s sudden presents. She merely blinked and slowly came back to the here and the now. Ororo tore her gaze away from the plants to the face that belonged to the feral Canadian. Compared to the face he had when she first found him to the one he wore now, you would think that they were two different people. In a way, they were.

“Hello Logan.” She replied in her usual calm, loving and caring tone of voice. The pain from her eyes vanished, and her brown gaze was cool, not warm, yet not cold either.

He didn’t buy her calm façade, in fact he saw and smelled right through it, but he had to be patient with her. He’s seen what she can do, and he rather not have her do those things to him. “How’yah holdin’ up, Darlin’?” He’s become accustomed to calling her ‘Darlin’’ and she didn’t seem to mind.

“I’m fine, Logan, really.” She replied with a reassuring smile. She obviously didn’t want to talk about, and she hoped that Logan could take a hint. It was far to soon to talk about it. The pain was still to raw.

“Bull Shit, Ororo.” Logan growled dangerously and stared at her intensely. He knew she was lying, he could smell it, and obviously ignored her hint to leave her to mourn. He had hoped it would have been easier, but hell, lets face it; Logan didn’t know a thing when it came to women. So much for being patient. “Yah may be able ta fool everyone ‘round ‘ere but yah can’t fool me, Darlin’. I can smell yer pain.”

Ororo looked at Logan, slightly surprised by his sudden outburst. Who was he to talk about pain? He kept his locked up just like she did, so why should she let it all out? Why should she let go of her control to grief. It was dangerous, losing control. He shouldn’t know that better then anyone.

The usually calm Weather Goddess wasn’t all that calm anymore, her tight control was slipping, but it was still hard to tell. The wind picked up, and it seemed to swirl around them and no please else. “Why should I talk about my suffering, Logan, when you will not speak of yours? Why should I pour my heart out to you, when I know that I will not get anything in return, Logan?” Her voice was low and dangerous.

Logan could swear he heard thunder rumble as she spoke. When he looked into her eyes they were white and glowing with power. She wasn‘t in control any more, but he didn‘t care. She needed to talk to someone. He won‘t let her turn into an empty shell. “Ororo, Darlin’, calm down, alright. Look at yah, yer a mess and yah need ta talk ‘bout what ‘appened.” He paused and gently placed a colossal hand on the smooth skin of her cheek, “I don’t want yah endin’ up like this old man.” He added.

That made Ororo smile faintly. The wind slowed down, and eventually ended up as a light breeze, and her eyes turned back to their regular browning coloring. She turned and walked toward a nearby metal framed wooden bench and sat down on it. She tapped the spot beside her indicating Logan to sit, he complied and wrapped a protective arm over her shoulder and let her lean against him.

Ororo was gazing up at the heavens above, while Logan watched her facial expressions. Her usually beautiful, warm and loving brown eyes were dull and heartbreaking, and as he watched her he could sense that she was close to tears. He wished he could take all her pain, and make it all go away. He wanted to see that spark in her eyes again.

Ororo gazed up at the heavens above her, wishing that Jean Grey-Summers was happy where ever she was at now. Finally, she took a shaky breath. “She was my best friend. She was like a sister to me. Why did she have to do what she did?” She asked, her voice was just barely above a whisper, but she knew that Logan would still be able to hear her.

Logan gently moved a stray strand of white hair off the Goddess’ face, “Maybe ‘cause she felt the need to save us. Jeannie loved us, and I guess she didn’t want us ta die.” He spoke in what he hoped was a soothing tone. He’s never actually had to have a soothing voice with anyone other then Rogue. But Rogue was different. She has no one else to turn to. She needed him.

Ororo tore her eyes away from the stars and locked eyes with coal black ones, “But why wouldn’t she let us save her? I mean, why did she stop Kurt from getting her back on the jet, and why didn’t Xavier do anything about it? He could have easily convinced Jean to come back.” She asked softly, tears clouding her eyesight.

Logan gently stroked her hair back even though it was already out of her face, “I don’t know, Darlin’. Maybe Jeannie felt like she had ta do what she did. An’ yah know Jeannie better then I do, Darlin’, but she seemed quite stubborn.” He told her gently. He felt as if he should tell her about Xavier. Tell her that he thought Xavier knew something that they don’t know. But he kept that to himself.

“I miss her.” Ororo’s voice was trembling with emotion. A sheet of rain fell upon them as salty tears slowly made their way out of her eyes. She stared at a blurred Logan as the rain kept on falling from the heavens above.

The rain flatted Logan’s untamed hair against his head, making him look much like a furry wet dog. He frowned down at the Weather Goddess as droplets of water dripped their way from his wet hair and onto his face, “I know, an’ I miss ‘er too.” He told her honestly. There’s no sense in lying about, they both knew how dear Jean had been to him.

Ororo turned her gaze from Logan and stared out at the flowers in the garden. Tears continued their travel out of Ororo’s brown eyes and down her dark colored cheeks. Both of them knew that it wasn’t just raining, but that the Weather Witch couldn’t pretend anymore. Talking about it clearly made Ororo’s hurt and sorrow consume her and she let it rain, but she still had fairly good control over the weather. He just didn’t know how much control she had over it.

The only sound that could be heard was the rain, but Logan could also hear Ororo’s soft sobs and irregular breathing, but finally, after a long silence, Ororo had her tears and her breathing under control. Logan watched Ororo’s face as the tears slowly slowed down and the rain continued to fall. Her breathing became slow and steady just like the rain eventually did. The Canadian turned his intense stare away from the Goddess and looked out into the gardens.

Jean Grey-Summers was a beautiful woman, he won’t deny that, but when he thought about it, he was never truly in love with her. It was lust. That’s all it was. What man won’t lust after a pair of long legs, large breasts and fiery red hair? Caring for someone and lusting after them can seem like being in love with them; Logan knows that now, he only wished that he knew that back then.

He wished that he would have just left her alone. She was taken, by the Boy Scout of all people. Logan wasn’t sure what he saw in her, why he chased after her when he knew that he’d never have a chance. But she had been sweet, and she’d been kind to him. More importantly, she has responded to his teasing, to his flirting. She made be believe that he had a chance.

Silly Girl. Only liked the attention. She wouldn’t have given him a second glance if he didn’t flirt with her, if he didn’t pay any mind to her. She would have been just like Ororo, cold and straight to the point. She would have laid everything on the table, telling him how it is and how it was going to be.

But Ororo hadn’t been cold. At least, now that he thought about it, he didn’t think that she was. Ororo was refined, regal. She didn’t play silly head games. She was clean cut and straight to the point. But when he met her, in that class room, he vaguely remembered a spark in her eyes. One of either amusement or mischief, maybe both even. It has been a wild spark, but he wasn’t sure if that was just him imagination. She had been nothing compared to the redhead once Jean walked in.

By the time the hard rain had turned into a light drizzle and the both of them were drenched, Logan noticed that Ororo’s breathing had slowed. He glanced down at the wet Goddess and gently picked her up. Ororo mumbled sleepily in protest but moved to get more comfortable in the Canadian’s arms as he picked her up bride-style. Logan gently and quietly, hushed her, telling her that she’s going to bed. In respond the African Goddess nodded against his chest and drifted back to sleep.

As Logan carried the dark skinned woman up to her bedroom; in the attic, he took time to admire her well curved body. He never noticed before, until now, how beautiful Ororo was. Now, she was the light, rather then a shadow in Jean’s light. The white hair stood out against her dark skin, and it reminded him of a halo from an Angel when the light hit it just right. And those lips.

He tenderly laid Ororo down on her large king sized bed and gently took of her leather boots and then her jacket, with the help of a very drowsy Ororo. He helped her under a soft blue bed sheet and then pulled the thick matching blue confuter over her sleeping form. Something gave him the impulse the lightly kiss her forehead, and he did just that before he murmured a ‘Good-Night’ and then turned to leave the room.

“Logan?” Ororo’s sudden voice was soft and husky with sleep. She moved deeper under her blankets and kept her eyes closed.

Ororo’s sudden voice made Logan stop at the door, with one hand on its handle, “Yeah, Darlin’?” He asked her softly and kept his eyes on the door. He could hear the blankets crackle as Ororo moved into a comfortable position for sleep.

“We’ll talk more tomorrow.” She said and paused to yawn, “After my last History class before lunch.” She said, her voice still husky with sleep, but as sleepy as her voice was, it had a hint of stubbornness in it.

Logan then turned his head to look at the drowsy Goddess, he knew that she wanted to talk to him about him, and he heard her stubbornness clearly through her husky voice. “Alright, Darlin’. We’ll talk more tomorrow. Now yah get some sleep. Yah need it.” He answered in what he hoped was a quiet voice.

“Good-night Logan.” Was the Goddess reply before she let sleep over take her sense.

“G’night, Darlin’.” Logan murmured. He stayed by the door for a few minutes and simply watched Ororo sleep peacefully. She seemed so small and fragile just a few minutes ago, and her sleeping in the large bed didn’t help the image one bit, but he knew that tomorrow she’ll be that calm, collected and the well controlled Storm. He watched her for a few more minutes before he turned to try and get some sleep himself.


Author’s Note ;; There. The second chapter. I've writen this a while ago, and now I'm just going over it, and editing some stuff. Keep that in mind, please and thank you.





You must login () to review.