Author's Chapter Notes:
another short chapter but it adds to what the story is
They say in space no one can hear you scream, in the darkness that is the negative zone that is not always so. Essentially, it is a universe parallel to Earth's. The two have many similarities, but a few noteworthy differences include: all matter in the Negative Zone is negatively charged; the Negative Zone is entirely filled with a pressurized, breathable atmosphere; and near the center of the Negative Zone is a deadly vortex of unspeakable power. Since the Negative Zone is largely uninhabited, several would-be conquerors have attempted to bridge the gap to Earth and take over its population. A few notable residents of the Negative Zone include Blastaar, Annihilus, Stygorr and Noktiis. Though here is also where the Skrull hide their largest prison base hidden deep within a dwarf planet surrounded by a Dyson's sphere. They did not create this place but found it and have used it for many things from experimentation to confinement. The creators of this sphere were only called the Tyannans and that is all anyone knows of them. This place is only called Dragus Epsul and like Negative Zone Prison Alpha designed by Tony Stark, Reed Richards and Hank Pym it was to house captured humans and meta-humans of Earth so as to replace them back on Earth as the Skrull took their places.
Through the cells either lay, sit, or stand many people though there is only one here that could control the weather and is constantly restrained through drugs and an inhibitor collar. She was born in America, raised as a thief in Cairo, became a goddess in middle Africa and later a leader of the X-Men. Her name is Ororo Monroe though the world knows her better as STORM. As she lays upon her bed, her drug induced mind reclaims moments of her past, minutes and hours of times in her past before she arrived here.
*****************
It has only been an hour since she and Logan had made love as the sun peeks its rays over the eastern ridge kissing the tree line with the warmth of its beams of light. She smiles at the new day after she looks over to the wild man laying in his bed, barely covered by the still damp sheets of their sexual escapades during the early morning hours just past midnight. She sees the look of gratification upon his face with that damned smirk across his face. That man was the best at what he does she thought as a moment of peace settled over her soul. She embraced herself as her nude body felt the warm sun peaking over the tree tops that morning knowing she could not deny the real reason she had come here to him. It wasn't about a "booty call" it was about finding out if she felt anything more than lust for this man, her old friend, this nature's beast. She knew she did but she needed to know if he loved her the same way. He did. How did she know she had asked herself. She knew when he had embraced her in his sleep, whispering her name in her ear and those words he never said. Ororo closed her eyes as she remembered that moment.....
"I love you Ro."
She smiled at the memory only made minutes before and the day began to touch her skin in its warmth and peacefulness that was the early morning. That was until she saw someone walking toward her.
"Jean, your dead."
She could not comprehend what trickery had occurred until she felt something pierce her skin and instantly she fell down paralyzed, unable to move as her eyes focused the best they could onto the person. It was her. Ororo could not do anything as her mind then faded into the blackness of oblivion. When she awoke she was placed in restraints and an inhibitor collar to serve two functions; the first was to dampen her powers, the second acted like a siphon transferring her abilities to her Skrull counterpart. There in front of her stood two Skrull who stood guard over her and seven other X-Men; Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin- COLOSSUS, Rachel Anne Grey-MARVEL GIRL, Samuel Zachary Guthrie-CANNONBALL, Emma Grace Frost-WHITE QUEEN, Monet St. Croix-M, and Hisako Ichiki-ARMOR. They also were within restraints and inhibitor collars like her yet they were still unconscious.

She felt fear fester within her, then anger that only a god or goddess could muster as a Skrull pushed a button and her anger dissipated as the bliss of a drug induced Xanadu washed over her. That was several months ago. She now looked out of her energy cell, out toward the other residents of this prison planet and wondered if anyone even knew she was gone. She bowed her head allowing her hair to fall over her face as a tear dropped to the floor.
*******************************
The person that walked toward Ororo fired the tranquilizer dart that immobilized the weather witch. As she hit the ground the person that looked like Jean Grey transformed into the now dormant Ororo and placed a collar around her neck. Seconds later the impostor's eyes went white as the clouds in the sky and a smile crept over her face.
"Take her to the ship for transport. Our first operative was killed when he impersonated the WOLVERINE and we will not make that mistake again." She said as she spoke to two others that resembled Colossus and the White Queen. "I must join my husband to make sure he has taken his rightful place as the earthling BLACK PANTHER."

An hour later Logan awoke to find a note on his table written and signed by Ororo that said she was leaving for Africa. Logan did not say anything as a tear fell to the floor.


Chapter End Notes:
reviews are always welcomed



You must login () to review.