“I have called a meeting and have brought everyone up to date on our situation.” The Professor said as he escorted the ‘new’ Ororo to the dining hall for breakfast. It had been five hours since she had arrived and although Hank was working overtime trying to fix the problem, he had made no progress. They entered the doorway of the dining hall, and Ororo scanned the table, taking note of many familiar and unfamiliar faces, when her eyes fell on one she froze. Taking her action as fear, the Professor gently grasped her hand, giving it a comforting squeeze. “I assure you are perfectly safe. I don’t know whom here you’d consider a friend or foe, in your world. But here we are all family and we all love our Ororo.”

“It’s not that, it’s just,” She paused not really caring to deluge any knowledge of her world and the people in it. “It’s nothing.” With that they entered the room and all eyes fell on the ‘new’ Ororo.

“Everyone, this is Ororo,” The Professor announced.

“Yeah well she does look like Ororo.” Rogue said with a cunning smile and Ororo matched it with one of her own. ‘Ever the smart aleck’ Ororo thought to herself.

“Ah, yes, well she will be our guest until we can return her to her world and hopefully get back our Ororo.” The professor continued as he took his place at the head of the table, as Ororo made her way to where Logan sat, taking the seat right beside him, which gained her a grunt and unpleasant look from him, but he remained silent and she simply smiled at his actions.

“So, what’s it like in your world, I mean is it like it is here?” Rogue immediately began to question, as other curious eyes looked on.

“Yeah are we all there?” Bobby added.

“Do we look the same, act the same?” Jubilee asked.

“Now, everyone don’t overwhelm…Ororo,” Jean spoke. “It’s really none of our business,”

“It’s ok Jean, I don’t mind answering.” Ororo said with a gentle smile.

“Hey,” Rogue spoke suddenly. “Ya don’t have an accent, at least not heavy like our Ro’s is.” She comment and for the first time the others, including a stunned Logan who hardly ever missed such things, took note. The comment and stares intrigued Ororo.

“No, I don’t why would I?” She asked with an arched brow as she sipped at the glass of water sitting before her.

“Well, our Ororo is from Africa.” Rogue answered.

“Really, well I am not. I have been there a few time with my parents, my mother as I’m sure you know is from Kenya, but I am a New Yorker, myself.”

“Is your mother still living?” Jean asked and Ororo frowned at the question.

“Of course she is, why would you ask…” And then the realization struck. “She isn’t alive here?” Ororo said more as a statement then a question as she slightly bowed her head.

“No, she died when Ororo was five,” Logan comment causing several at the table to look at him in wonderment as to how he had known, since Ororo hardly ever talked about it.

“Well, I suppose I should not be so surprise. Its logical that people who are alive in my world are dead here and vice versa.” Ororo said as she lifted a forkful of garlic rice to her mouth.

“Who’s dead in your world?” Jubilee asked curiously.

“Well, you are for one,” Ororo answered and Jubilee gasped. “As are you Bobby, and Kurt, and Kitty.” Ororo said sighing heavily as she again looked down, her sadness evident on her face. “We have lost many of our friends and loved ones. All have fallen due to the Sentinels.”

“The giant robots?” Logan stated.

“Yes,” Ororo replied as she looked up at him in surprise. “Are they here as well?”

“Naw, I fought them during one of our loopy episodes.” Ororo nodded her understanding.

“Well, thank God that you don’t have to fight them, and pray that you never have to witness the destruction those thing can cause. So many lives, there are only a handful of us left in the fight. Most Mutant but some humans those who aren’t too afraid.”

“Humans are working with Mutants, that’s a first.” Scott said as Logan folded his arms and grunted in agreement.

“Yes, well what else can one do when they create a monster that they themselves can’t control?” Ororo said. “When they first lost control they didn’t take action, they didn’t fight. I mean sure the Sentinels pretty much ran things, but they protected the city and they still were doing their jobs, what they were built for, which was to round up and dispose of all mutants. But as always is the case with evolution, more and more people began giving birth to Mutants, it was becoming the norm, 7 out of 10 babies born were mutants.”

“My God,” Jean gasped in surprised.

“Yes and that was their response as well, and to fix the problem, the Sentinels began rounding up not only the Mutants, but those who were parents of Mutants, and then those who they deem had ‘potential’ of becoming the parents of Mutants, and you can just imagine where that led.”

“Yeah, anyone who aint a Sentinel and aint a Mutant, is a potential Mutant.” Logan stated and Ororo nodded.

“Yes.”

“Gawd, it muss be hard livin like that. Being afraid all the time.” Rogue said sadly causing Ororo to smile at her.

“I’m not afraid, I don’t run when I see a Sentinel. We always drop the RoLo combo on them, and we bring them down hard.” Ororo smiled with pride.

“RoLo combo?” Scott repeated with curiosity.

“It’s a name my husband made up for us, ‘Ro’,” She gestured to herself and then to Logan. “And ‘Lo’.” All mouths at the table dropped, except Ororo’s, Logan’s, and the Professor’s since they already knew that in the other world Ororo and Logan are married.

“You two are married?” Scott questioned with a disgusted look on his face.

“Yeah, what of it?” Ororo glared at him.

“It’s just that here, you and Logan aren’t that…intimate.” Jean went about explaining.

“How do ya know that?” Logan suddenly asked and Jean instantly turned red, as Ororo turned an arched brow to him as a smirked played on her lips.

“What the hell are you trying to say Logan?” Scott asked suddenly defensive. “What you and Ororo, I don’t think so, she’s too classy.”

“Who me?” Ororo asked chuckling at the thought.

“What I’m sayin is ya don’t know, so mind yer fuckin business and don’t make comments on things ya know nothing about.” At his words, the room fell silent and Scott angrily stood and stalked from the room, with Jean right behind him. Ororo sat laughing full on as she once again ate her food. “What are ya laughing at?”

“You, it’s nice to see that even here you can aggravate the hell outta Scott.” She giggled as Logan chuckled too.

//”There is no need to be nervous, I assure you, you’re safe here.” The professor said as he showed Ororo around the mansion. She took note of the fact that it was the exact same as the Mansion in her world, however it was barren; the halls that she was used to being filled with talkative teenagers seem to hold an echo here.

“Professor,”

“Please, call me Charles.” Ororo smiled at the request she couldn’t recall her Professor ever asking this of her.

“Very well, Charles, where are all the children, the students?” She asked she they entered the library, which were overflowing with books that were housed on shelves that were all the way to the ceiling.

“I am sorry to say that we have only Marie left here with us. There rest, those that weren’t captured and exterminated by the Sentinels, ran away. They no longer felt that this was a safe haven for them.”

“Oh Profess…I mean Charles I am saddened to hear that.” Charles looked at her stunned.

“You look like our Ororo, however you are nothing like her.”

“Yes, as Logan has pointed out to me. I am sorry if you find me disappointing…”

“No not at all, it’s just that our Ororo isn’t as…I guess delicate would be the appropriate word. She a bit…harsh and crude.”

“Really?” Ororo asked a bit baffled.

“I mean when the students decided to run, she helped them pack, and told them they were cowards and not to come running back here when they found themselves in trouble.”

“I cannot imagine ever turning out anyone who was in need of help.” Ororo said suddenly angered by her other self. “How could she be so cold and uncaring?”

“When you see what we do day in and day out…in a world a cold as this one is, you have to be just as cold to survive in it. Ororo and Logan both are that way the only times they ever show any affection is with each other, and even then it’s mostly behind closed doors.” At that moment as if on cue Logan entered the room, followed by Scott and a very pregnant Jean, which surprised Ororo and delighted her too.

“Well she doesn’t look so different,” Scott said as he came forward with his hand extended. “Hey I’m Scott.”

“Yes I know,” Ororo said with a smile as she shook his hand.

“Oh yeah, I suppose we are in your world too.”

“Yes,” Ororo replied now smiling at Jean. “You look…”

“Yeah I know…big.” Jean responded as she placed her hand against her swollen belly, rubbing it slightly.

“I was going to say beautiful, I find nothing about an expectant mother to be ugly.” Scott and Jean now looked at this new Ororo a bit stunned.

“Ok, so when you said she was nothing like our Ororo, you weren’t kidding.” Scott said to Logan with a smile. “Can we keep this one?” He added winking at Ororo causing her and Jean to giggle, and Logan to growl.

“Hell naw, she goes back and Roro, my Roro returns here. Where the hell is Hank anyway?”

“Right here,” Henry McCoy entered the room still dressed in the attire Ororo had last seen him in, and she figured he had stayed up all night trying to come up with a resolution.

“Ya better have good new, little boy blue or else.” Logan said gruffly, and Ororo frowned at him.

“Boy you are truly a bastard.” She stated matter of fact, now glaring at his shocked face. “Can you not see Henry has been up all night trying to fix the problem, and the first thing he has to face after a long night is your rudeness. Really, where are you manners?” She then rolled her eyes from where Logan stood still in shock and speechless, to where Henry stood with the same express as Logan’s, on his face. “Please Henry forgive Logan, and do tell us the progress you have made. Have you learn anything new?”

“Uh..uhm. yes, yes I have in fact.” He said smiling warmly at the woman defending him. He moved further into the room and handed the report to Charles as Ororo moved to read it over his shoulders. “The problem lies in your world I’m afraid. I think it’s a Mutant there?”

“Really?” Ororo said intrigued.

“How do we fix it then?” Logan asked.

“We can’t.” Henry said with a sigh. “It’s in her world, so…”

“So they would have to fix it there.” Ororo finished for him, and he simply nodded his head.

“Can you think of who this Mutant might be?” Jean questioned.

“No, we have over two hundred students there, most have not even come to realize their full mutant powers. They may not even be aware that they are doing anything.”

“Over two hundred, Whew.” Scott commented. “We’ve never had that many here not even before the Sentinels.”

“Maybe once we stop them, that will change.” Jean said hopeful.

“Yeah but we’ll need Roro for that, we’ll have to postpone our attack on the warehouse.” Logan announced.

“What attack?” Ororo asked curiously.

“We’ve located the warehouse where the Sentinels are made, the entire setup is there. And I don’t know if we can postpone it Logan, according to you they looked like they were planning to relocate, and if they do that we’ll probably lose the only opportunity we’ll ever have to end this. Once we take down their base of operation, this will all be over.” Scott explained.

“Well, we aint got no choice, we can’t take…her.” Logan pointed to Ororo, throwing her another disgusted looked.

“And why not, I am a Mutant in my world too. I am a fighter, granted we have never face Giant robots, but we have battled very tough Mutants.”

“So ya think ya can handle yaself?”

“I know I can.” She glared at Logan defiantly.

“And what the hell happens ta Roro if she’s killed?” Logan questioned Henry.

“I do not understand….”

“Will it effect Roro, hurt her in any way?” Logan asked showing genuine concern.

“I do not believe it will effect our Ororo at all, she should still be able to return here, once we find a way to return this Ororo home, whether she’s dead or alive.”

“Fine, ya can come then.” Logan huffed, folding his arm against his chest. “So long as Roro’s safe.”//

“This is ‘my’ room?” She asked again as she stood in the middle of the loft like room, taking it all in.

“Yeah,” Logan replied as he leaned against the doorframe, Roro turned to him with disgust on her face.

“It’s so…prissy.” Logan chuckled at her words. “And frilly and white.”

“Yeah, I guess it is.” Logan said as she looked about the room. “My first time ever ‘really’ seein it.”

“Really?” She asked now turning to give him her full attention. “Why is that?”

“Never been invited, never needed ta be.”

“I see, well come in, I’m inviting you.” She said as she casually moved to the bed and seductively crawled upon it. Logan stood rooted in his spot. “Aww come on, I aint gonna bite ya…unless ya want me to.”

“Naw think I’m gonna stay right here.”

“Why, ya afraid of me?” She asked as she lounged across the bed.

“Just think yer gonna try ta complicate things is all.”

“Oh, how so?”

“I know in yer world we’re married, but here we aint, we’re barely civil. We have a mutual respect fer each other, a trust and I aint gonna fuck it up messin around wit ya.”

“Messing around,” She giggled. “I merely invited you in the room.”

“Yeah, but I know a come on when I hear one.”

“Yeah.” She smiled slowly licking her lips. “Don’t worry Logan I’m not gonna force myself onto you, I’ve never had to, and I never will.”

“I get that, but it aint really you I’m worried about. I said Ororo and I don’t mess around, didn’t say I wouldn’t like ta.”

“Oh I see,” Roro spoke as she stood from the bed and moved to where Logan stood in the doorway, stopping right in front of him. “You want me but too nice of a guy to take me, my aren’t you the gentleman. Boy you look like my Lo, smell like him, act like him but he’s no gentleman, and chivalry…he killed it.” Logan chuckled at this despite himself.

“Yeah, I’ve been accused of that myself.”

“Oh so why such a nice guy now?”

“Why are ya comin on so strong, I aint yer ‘Lo’ remember?”

“Close enough,” She said reaching out and placing her hands against his chest. “I don’t see the problem here, I want you and,” She let her eyes fall to his crotch which now held a painfully obvious bulge. “I know you want me.” Logan grasped her hands and pushed her back away from him a bit.

“Like I said I don’t want ta fuck things up between me and my Ro, we aint ‘this’ close.”

“But you want ta be, so here I am, come and take me, I won’t tell her, she’ll never know.” Logan let his eyes roam over her and her smile widened in the knowledge that he was weakening to her wiles. At that moment the Professor’s voice broke the sexual tension that was filling the room.

~Logan, Ororo please come to the lab, Hank has discovered something.~

“Rain check?” Ororo said as she moved past Logan and out the door, Logan stared after her a moment before shaking his head and then turning and following her out.




“So you see I believe it is one of the students.” Hank finished his explanation of what was occurring, what had caused the swapping of two Ororo’s from two different worlds.

“So where’s the rugrat at so we can get them ta undo whatever the hell it is, and I can get home. It may be a shit hole but it’s home.”

“That maybe a problem, I do believe it is one of the students, but I do not know which one or that they’re even aware of what they’re doing.”

“Yes, I shall go to cerebro and see if I can narrow the search.” The Professor stated before leaving the room.





You must login () to review.