//She knew that he was acting on pure instinct, doing something he’d probably done a hundred times so she didn’t call him on it nor resisted his assistance. She simply watched him curiously with hooded eyes as he helped her adjust the zippers and straps on the tight leather ‘uniform’ he had given her. She grunted a bit as he tugged on a strap to tighten it. He grumbled a ‘sorry’ as he continued to pull and tug at her. When he finished he stood back a bit to take in his work, and then nodded his approval.

“Would you mind,” She spoke as she lifted her arms out to the sides of her body. He eyed her questioningly and she replied. “These are not necessary and would just hinder me,” She said as she shook her arms a bit and the cape that was attached to the nape of her uniform and the cuffs of each sleeve swayed.

“Roro, had those put on to help her with her flying,” Logan stated but made no move to help her.

“Well it’s obvious that your ‘Roro’ is not at all familiar with nor able to fully control her mutant powers, for if she were she’d know that she cannot fly only manipulate the winds around her and that these,” Again she flapped the fabric. “Are not necessary in fact they could be quite dangerous if she ever gets near a large fan or turbine,” Logan could only arch his brow a bit and grunt. He then moved back to her and extracted one of his blades and then effortlessly cut the material from her cuffs and the back of her uniform. “Thank you.”

“Alright,” Scott spoke out as he stood with Jean behind him making sure he was strapped securely into his uniform. “We all know the mission and our parts in it. We get in, plant the c4, get out, and then detonate. That’s it, that’s our mission people and nothing and no one is more important than the mission. If someone falls, leave them, complete the mission.”

“But Scott,” Jean spoke out her worries evident on her face.

“Jean, we have to complete this mission at all cost,” Scott spoke softly to her as he placed a gentle touch against her swollen belly. “The future of this little guy depends on.” She could only nod as the tears slipped from her eyes. He leaned in and placed a soft kiss upon her lips which she quickly deepened as she locked her arms tightly around his neck. Logan watched briefly and then with a heavy sigh turned and headed out to the Blackbird as Ororo followed closely behind him.

“I am sorry Logan,” She spoke as they entered the jet. He didn’t respond, didn’t even turn to question her. “I know that you wish your wife were here with you, fighting at your side. I know I cannot take her place…”

“You got that right lady,” He hissed out as he finally turned and faced her with a hard glare. She didn’t even feel the desire to snap at his hurtful words, because she understood that if he fell this night, he’d do so without ever seeing the woman he loved, his wife, ever again.

“We are not lovers in my world Logan but we are teammates and more importantly we are friends, and there is no one else I like having my back in a fight than you. Please know that I have your back as well, and I would gladly lay down my life in defense of yours, my friend.” She then threw him a small smile as she silently brushed past him and took the seat at the helm. Logan turned and watched her with interest as she pushed button and flipped switches and brought the jet to life, just as Scott entered.

“Wait…you can fly the Blackbird?” Scott asked as he took a seat in the co-pilot’s chair. Ororo could only chuckle at the startled looks from the two men before her.

“Of course, I actually taught you…well the Scott in my world. Coordinates set?” She asked and then waited for a replied.

“Oh…uhm,” Scott stammered as he push a few button to check their heads. “Yeah all set.”

“Then let’s go,” Ororo gracefully and smoothly lifted the jet up from its underground parking space and then flew them towards their destination.//

It was like déjà vu as he found her in the exact same location as he had the previous night, except this wasn’t Ororo, which was obvious even now as she stood with her arms wrapped around herself and staring out at nothing in particular. She turned her head slightly in his direction which told him that she was aware of his presences, so she wasn’t a girl that you could easily get the jump on or startle. That knowledge impressed him.

“I think that’s the first time I’ve smelt that on you since you’ve been here,” He spoke first as he pulled out a stogie and lit it up. “So what’s got you so worried?”

“You,” She answered without hesitation and he bunched his brow in confusion as he sat down on and nearby lounge chair.

“Me, what the fuck for,” He asked gruffly feeling he should be offended even though he didn’t know why. She smiled and chuckled as she turned to face him.

“You are so much alike, you and my Logan. Always jumping to the wrong conclusions and so easily offended, even when you’re not sure if you should take offense or not. Always ready to do battle of any kind, God how I love that about you.” She said as her eyes seemed to flash with adoration and longing, and then it dispersed leaving a sorrowful gaze. “You’re going into to battle right now, my Logan I mean and I will not be there fighting at his side, your Ororo will.”

“How do you know that?” Logan asked as he stood from his seat and stepped to her.

“I don’t know I can just feel it, can’t you feel it?” She asked and he focused for a moment and suddenly his sense seemed to come alive; the hairs all over his body seemed to come alive and his claws had that itch for release that they allows had when he was entering a battle.

“Yeah I feel it.”

“What if something happens…”

“Aint nothing gonna happen to your Logan, he’s got my Storm watching his back, just like she always watches mine. Don’t you worry she’ll be able to handle your RoLo Combo.”

//“Wolverine, jump!” Storm yelled and he instinctually followed her instructions as he leaped up and grasped the plastic piping in the ceiling just seconds before electricity flowed from her body down to the metal floor she stood upon, which house hundreds of offline Sentinels, which simultaneously imploded under the electrical force. Once the smoke cleared Wolverine could finally see that Storm had juiced down and it was safe to hit the ground.

“Good job,” He threw out to her clearly impressed.

“Yes well this will only slow them down, remember until we take this ‘Master Mold’ computer offline it will be able to make them faster than we can destroy them.” She stated.

“Right so which way?”

“Just through there,” She pointed. “I just hope Scott was able to place all of his explosives.”

“Don’t you worry about Scott, he’s set them all and he’s probably already back in the Blackbird wondering what’s taking us so long to plant ours. We got one more to plant darling,”

“Then let’s not keep Scott waiting. I’ll hit them high.” She said as she took to the air. Wolverine genuinely smiled at her, flashing his canines as he nodded.

“And I’ll hit’m low.”

*SNIKT!*//

“Logan and Ororo, thank you for joining us. I apologize for waking you at such a late hour,” The Professor spoke only to be cut off by Logan.

“That’s alright Chuck we were in bed but we weren’t sleeping,”

“Oh…I see,” The Professor replied with a concerned look on his face.

“We weren’t doing that either,” Logan said as a frown marred his face and a chuckle fell from Ororo’s lips. “We were just keeping each other company. They’re doing battle with the Sentinels, the other us, in that other world right now.”

“Really, how can you be so sure?” Hank finally spoke out as he looked up from the files he had been reading over.

“Yeah, I…that is ‘we’ can feel it, and it’s getting more intense by the moment.” Ororo responded in a winded tone.

“How so?” Hank continued to question.

“It’s hard to explain. My heart’s pound in my chest right now and I’m just standing here and I’m slightly out of breath, it feels like I’ve just ran a marathon. Then there are the sounds and smells.”

“Yeah, it’s like the Fourth of July is happening in my head right now, and I smell smoke and burning flesh. I think it’s my flesh.” Logan added.

“Oh God, Logan,” Ororo cried out as she rushed to Logan and reached for him. He in turn shot his hands out and grasped her wrists. “He aint dead Darlin, already mostly healed. What about Storm?” Ororo calmed herself a bit and closed her eyes to concentrate.

“She’s exhausted…her powers…she’s nearly completely drained.”

“Then we must hurry and get you back home my dear.” Hank suggested. “We have found the student responsible for the riff, which is why we called you two down. The professor has been building up barriers in his mind all night, there’s just one left and once it’s in place it will close the riff. At least it should in theory.”

“And what happens to ‘Ro?” Logan asked.

“Well, this Ororo should go back to her world and our Ororo will return to us. In…” The professor answered.

“In theory, right. What if you close the riff and that aint what happens?”

“Then this Ororo will remain here and ours shall remain in her world.” Hank replied somberly. “But Logan my friend we do not have a choice in the matter. The riff is getting bigger and soon we may not be able to close it.”

“And what will happen if you can’t close it?” Ororo asked already knowing that she would not like the answer.

“Our two worlds will bleed over into each other, which will destroy both worlds.”

“Man it’s got to be all or nothing with you don’t it furball?” Hank could only smirk and shrug in response.

“Then we should hurry,” Ororo said.

“You sure?” Logan asked as he gently squeezed at her wrists which he still held in his hands.

“Yes, and not to save the worlds, just to save you,” She spoke softly as she reached up and cupped his face gently. “Call me selfish but I want you to live, even if I never return back to my world, back to my life and my love, I’ll be happy knowing that you’re alive.”

“Me or your Logan?”

“Both,” She said with a smile and he threw her a smirk.

“Alright let’s do this.” Logan barked out.

“I will need a moment prepare, reconnect my mind with the child’s.” The Professor announced as he closed his eyes and concentrated.

“Wait, how long will it take?” Logan asked as he stared at the Professor, whose eyes suddenly opened.

“Now,”

“Whoa,” Logan puffed out as he swayed a bit, he looked up in time to see Ororo’s body hit the floor. He tried to get to her only to collapsed himself and fall into an abyss of darkness.

//She stumbled a bit and Logan’s hand shot out and grasped her, pulling her against him before she crumbled to the floor.

“”Roro, what’s wrong?” He asked with panicked eye until his head began to swim. He shook it to clear it but it only seemed to make the darkness come faster, until it engulfed them both.//

There was nothing, nothing but the darkness.

“Hello,” She called out into the darkness, and her voice resonated and her ‘hello’ called out once more.

“’Ro! (‘Ro!)” A voice echoed back in reply and a joy filled her.

“Logan! (Logan!)”

“Yeah Darlin, (Yeah Darlin,) it’s me (it’s me.).”

“I can’t see you, where are you? (I can’t see you, where are you?)”

“I’m here. (I’m here.)” He spoke from right behind her and she turned and rushed to his waiting arms. The instant they touch they were blinded by and bright, searing light.

“Logan, what’s happening?!” Ororo screamed out as the light seemed not only blinding but deafening as well.

“I don’t know Darlin, just hold on to me!” Logan yelled out over the roar that seemed to get louder and louder, and the light burnt bright and brighter, scorching them. “GRRAAHHHH…STOOOOOORM!”

“WOLVERIIIIIIINE! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!” She scream along with him.

Suddenly their minds flashed with images, sounds, smells, tastes, emotions, all of which seemed familiar like experiences they had had and at the same time felt as if they were things they had never experienced at all. Birthdays, anniversaries, a first kiss, a first heart break. Logan could vividly picture a red headed woman and he knew her name was Rose, could remember running through the Canadian Wildness as a youth, with wild wolves. Ororo pictured her first day at Xavier’s Institute, hugging her mother and father goodbye and meeting her first love Scott Summers, and then marrying her true love James Logan Howlett. Image after image, emotion after emotion, moment after moment flooded both their minds taking them to the brink of insanity until finally they both gasped for air. They took in gulps or fresh air as if they had been drowning and had fought their way up to the surface. When they opened their eyes, they instantly locked on to each other and then quickly scanned their surroundings. Ororo’s eyes fell upon the worried faces of Hank and the Professor, she focused on their mouths and they seemed to be speaking to her though she couldn’t make out what they were saying, to her it all seemed to be spoken in slow mode. She then let her eyes drift back to Logan who swiftly grasped her head between his hands, and in that second the world seemed to catch up with her, and it left her a bit breathless.

“”Ro, you ok Darlin?” Logan asked and she nodded her head in reply, taking deep cleansing breaths.

“What happened, what was that?” She asked as her mouth began to water and she quickly swallowed knowing that if she didn’t she would vomit all over Logan.

“I don’t know, but I felt it too.” He answered and then turned to Hank and the Professor for an explanation.

“The Professor successfully closed the riff and when he did you two…well you seemed to have phased in and out.” Hank stated.

“In and out of what?” Ororo asked.

“My guess would be our world and the parallel world.”

“We were in this dark room, but separated” Logan said and Ororo nodded in reply. “Then we found each other and then…it was like we were burning up.”

“Yes I too felt like we were on fire, there was a bright light and it got brighter and brighter and louder and louder, and then it was like I was in all these different places, all at once.”

“Different places?” The Professor asked curiously.

“Yes, some of it was like I was reliving my past and other parts, it was like…”

“It was someone else’s life.” Logan finished and Ororo again nodded.

“If you would allow me…” The Professor began to speak.

“Yes Professor, please.” Ororo responded without pause and the Professor then looked to Logan for approval and simply got a nod of Logan’s head. The Professor then moved to where they both sat on the floor, still clinging to each other. He closed his eyes and linked his mind with theirs, and then just as quickly as he had connected to their minds he served the links.

“It appears that you two have merged with the Logan and Ororo of the parallel world.” He shared his findings. “Your minds are filled with not only your thoughts, feelings and memories but theirs as well.”

“Oh Goddess, does that mean they are dead?” Ororo asked as she clutch one of her hands to her chest, and the other desperately held on the Logan.

“No, they are a part of you now. You two have their essences, their souls if you will, everything that they were is now living inside of you. They will live as long as you live. They sacrificed the life they had together in their world in order to close the riff. Both of our worlds are safe thanks to them and to you as well.”

“How can you be so sure?” Logan asked. “That our worlds are safe.”

“Well for one, we haven’t exploded and the riff is securely closed.” The Professor said with a kind smile. “There’s something else Logan. It seems that this event has done something wondrous to your mind, something quite unexpected.”

“What?” Ororo asked in concern.

“Some of those memories that you don’t recall and may think belong to the other Logan are in fact yours. Whatever happened to you and Ororo, it has unlocked your memories and from what I can tell ‘all’ of them.”

“Wha..what?” Logan spoke in disbelief.

“Do you know your name? I mean you true name.” The Professor asked and without much thought Logan replied.

“Howlett, James. My name’s James Howlett.”

“My word,” Hank exclaimed with a smile.

“Wait is that real, I mean is that my memory or the other Logan’s memory?”

“It is yours Logan, or should I call you James now?”

“Naw, I’ve been Logan for as long as I can…guess that aint true no more, but James, it just don’t seem like it belongs to me at least not yet.”

“Very well Logan. We shall start our ‘new’ sessions next week. Now that you have all your memories I think what I can do is help you sort them out, make sense of them, and try to get them all in order from the beginning to the end. It has been a very long couple of days, you two should take the rest of the week off, and I’ll get Jean and Scott to take over your classes until Monday. Go get some sleep and that goes for you too Hank.” Hank simply nodded.

“Goodnight all,” Hank added as he followed the Professor out, leaving Logan and Ororo to linger behind them.




Neither could explain why it had taken them so long to reach Ororo’s loft each step coming slower and slower, nor why Logan had walked her to her bedroom door. They stood in an awkward silence for several long moments before Ororo finally spoke.

“It’s been a crazy week,” She said around a nervous giggle.

“Yeah,” Logan said with a chuckle as he rubbed the back of his neck. “Yeah it has. I feel like I’ve been awake for ages, I’ll probably sleep for the rest of the week.”

“I plan on soaking in a bath for the rest of the week. Fighting giant robots gave my muscles a major workout.”

“You weren’t hurt were you?” Logan asked with concern in is voice and his eyes, as he reached out and grazed his knuckle across her cheek, and Ororo found her eyes drifting shut as she leaned into his touch.

“No,” She sighed out and then she realized what she was doing and her eyes shot open and she swiftly moved back from his touch. “No, we cannot do this Logan. It is all so strange, these feelings. It is not right. It is not real.”

“It feels right and it feels real,” Logan stated as he took a step closer, pinning Ororo’s back right up against her door. He leaned in so close his hot breath tickled her lips, and she opened her mouth slightly and lifted it closer to his, as her eyes again drifted shut. An unexplainable need filled them both and was so intense they both trembled from it.

“But they’re not ours, Logan, surely you must know that. What I’m feeling right now, what you’re feeling, these feelings they belong to them, not us. This is not ‘us’ Logan,” She whispered and her lips brushed against his.

“I know what I feel ‘Ro, what I want and what I want right now more than anything is to be inside of you,” He then cupped her face in his hands and captured her mouth with his and they both sighed and felt as if they had finally found the release they had both been waiting a lifetime to have. But before the kiss could deepen Ororo pulled back, slightly out of breath.

“We cannot do this Logan, please stop. You must…because I do not think I have the willpower to.” Her pleading tone wreaked havoc on Logan’s emotions. His mind was in turmoil; part of him urged him to stop before he did something that would cause him to lose the friendship and trust he’d formed with Ororo, but another part of him a very basic, primal part urged him on. It screamed at him, ‘Want her, Take her, Have her’. With a regretful and frustrated growl, he leaned back in and recaptured her lips in a hungry kiss and Ororo’s resolve broke and she was the one to try and deepen the kiss, but Logan ended it as abruptly as he had started it. He took several steps back away from her and they remained that way, standing across from each other, their eyes locked on to each other in a lustful gaze, both their chest heaving up and down with their pants, and their minds racing with wanton thoughts.

“Maybe the Professor can do something to block these feelings,” Logan finally spoke out. “I’m sorry ‘Ro if I scared you, or crossed the line…”

“You did not,” Ororo quickly interjected. “And please do not think that the ‘feeling’ was not…is not mutual, but they are not ‘ours’,” She said waving her hand between them. “And I do not think it is fair to act upon them, it would be disrespectful.”

“To who, darling?”

“To the other Logan and Ororo,”

“You heard the Professor Darlin, we’re them and they’re us. They’re a part of us now and so are their feelings, but I’ll ask the professor tomorrow if there’s a way to block these feelings if you want.” She thought about it for a moment and then slowly nodded, as she bit at her bottom lip to keep herself from take it back.

“Good night Logan,” She said and then quickly entered her room, and shut the door behind her. She stood at the door, contemplating opening it and calling Logan back to her room and into her bed, but she couldn’t seem to find her voice, and so she reached out and rested one of her hands against the door. On the other side of the door, Logan seemed to be fighting a similar demon; debating whether to kick in the door and take her as he yearned to do, but he locked the thought away, and simply rested one of his hand against the door, and after several long moments he turned made his trek down to his own bedroom, while Ororo moved and flopped back upon her bed, forgoing the hot bath she had planned to take. The night would be a very long and restless one for both of them.





You must login () to review.