“Ok what’s the diagnosis doc, what’s wrong with her?” Logan asked as he stood beside the medlab bed that Ororo laid on. Scott and the Professor were also in the room keeping a close vigil, while Jean and Hank ran tests.

“Well, from what we can tell, nothing,” Jean replied as she stood at the foot of the bed.

“What do you mean nothing? Jean you were there, you saw the things that Storm did.” Scott spoke.

“Yes I know, and Ororo,” Jean spoke in a gentle tone as she reached out and grasped Ororo’s foot, shaking it a bit to get Ororo’s attention. Once blue eyes locked onto green, Jean continued. “I know that it may all be scary for you, but sweetie I promise you there’s nothing wrong with you.”

“Then what is happening you me?” Ororo asked.

“Evolution,” Hank said as he entered the room from his lab. “Your powers have evolved.”

“And that’s normal?” Logan asked with a bunched brow as his hand subconsciously grasped Ororo’s.

“Yes, though it very rarely happens in a single generation and as far as we know, from what has been studied, on those rare occasions that it does happen it only happens to Alpha mutants. Only to those with the most powerful mutations or to those with the most unique mutations, and both would be the case with Ororo. Did you know my dear that you are the only mutant who has ever had the ability to control the weather, which is in essence the Earth’s biggest defense mechanism?”

“So this is happening to me because of my unique mutation ‘not’ because of my other self?” Ororo voiced the question that had been nagging at her since her new powers manifested themselves.

“Yes but maybe no,” Hank responded and all eyes in the room locked a confused gaze onto him, and so he continued. “It is possible that this is the normal course for your power’s to evolve, or your other self, as you say, could have been the stressor, or trigger, if you will, that caused your evolution.”

“And which do you believe is the cause?” The Professor finally spoke.

“I believe it is the latter. Ororo’s time on the parallel world and then her merger with the Ororo from that world most likely was the stressor. It just kicked started what would most likely have happened anyway.”

“Do I need ta worry?” Logan asked.

“No I don’t think so,” Hank answered with a smile. “Although you are without a doubt one of the toughest mutants I’ve ever come across, your mutations aren’t unique or all that powerful. The most unique thing about you is your Adamantium laced skeletal frame, but that is ‘man made’, not something ‘naturally’ a part of your mutation. But of course if you start to notice anything out of the ordinary please let myself or Jean know at once.” Logan simply nodded in reply.

“So what do my new powers entail?”

“It appears that now you have control over the weather ‘and’ the elements; Earth, wind, fire, and water. It’s the how you control them is what we need to figure out,” Jean answered with a smile.

“You know what that means, it means a lot of training to learn how to control those new powers,” Scott added as he folded his arms across his broad chest, and Ororo groaned at the thought of it.

“Scott is correct,” The Professor said. “We shall start tomorrow 10 am sharp, and until further notice you will be grounded from all missions and danger room sessions. I know you wouldn’t want to risk harming someone unintentionally, and that’s what could happen, until you have complete control over your new powers.”

“Ok,” Ororo conceded in a defeated tone. “So am I free to leave the medlab at least?” She directed to Jean and Hank.

“Yes you are free to go,” Hank answered.

“But,” Jean quickly interjected. “If you start to experience anything strange or you start feeling badly you need to let me know immediately. Anything at all, no matter how slight or insignificant it may seem, ok?”

“Yes, Mom,” Ororo teased with a smile, one that Jean matched with one of her own.




“Yer still nervous, aint’cha?” Logan asked from his spot at the kitchen counter where he stood slicing a tomato to go on the sandwiches he was making for himself and Ororo. After they had left the medlab Ororo’s grumbling stomach alerted him to her hunger and he ushered her up to the kitchen to fix her something to eat.

“Yes, very and a little scared too,” She replied as she grabbed some cheese from the fridge and moved back to the counter beside Logan.

“Well don’t be you heard Jean and Hank, it’s the natural course of things. It’s all normal,” He stated as he piled meat onto their sandwiches.

“This,” She snapped her finger and the tip of her pointer finger held a small flame. “Is not normal, at least not for me,” She then blew out the flame.

“Maybe not but that’s some cool shit though,” He chuckled and she giggled. “It’s a part of your mutation now darlin, so you’re just gonna have ta get use to it. You know Charles will help you and I’ll do whatever I can ta help.” His words got Ororo’s complete attention and she stopped in her task of slicing cheese and looked at him.

“How can ‘you’ possibly help me with this?” She asked and he shrugged.

“I don’t know I guess just doing what I’m doing now. Just be here for ya. Give ya an ear when ya wanna talk about it, a shoulder for ya to cry on or lean on when ya need to. I’ll try ta take care of all yer needs,” Logan stated with his eyes still focused on making their lunch. Ororo’s heart swelled at hearing his words and her center began to throb with desire.

“Goddess, you’ve just made me so hot for you right now,” She announced and those words garnered Logan’s attention and with a wolfish grin he turned to her, and then his smile instantly faded.

“’Ro, darlin yer on fire,” He said as he took a step towards her.

“I know, that’s because I want you so badly right now,” She threw him a seductive smile as she reached out and touched his chest. They both jumped back suddenly; Logan due to the heat emanating from her touch burning his shirt and scorching his skin, and Ororo due to seeing that his words had been literal, that she was ‘actually’ on fire and had caused Logan’s shirt to catch fire. “Ahhhhhh!” She yelped as she stumped back from him and into the items on the countertop, which instantly caught fire. “Shit! Shit, shit shit!” The flames that engulfed her entire body began to grow bigger.

“’Ro, baby ya gotta calm down. Try to control it baby, try to control it,” Logan said as he grabbed a nearby dish cloth and used it to put out the fire on the counter.

“I can’t,” She screamed as she swatted at her arms to try and douse the flames. At hearing the commotion, Bobby and Rogue appeared at the kitchen door.

“Oh my gawd,” Rogue gasped out.

“Come on baby, focus!” Logan barked. “You still control the weather so conjure up some rain.” Ororo took a deep breath and closed her eye to concentrate, and when she opened them again they were white orbs, and instantly rain fell, seemingly from the ceiling, wetting everything and everyone in the room. It also effectively put out Ororo’s flames and the rain than ended and quickly as it had started. Logan rushed to Ororo, who leaned against the counter wet and out of breath.

“Good Lord,” Hank spoke out as he, Scott and Jean all rushed into the room. “What happened?”

“’Ro got a little horny and nearly burnt the house down,” Logan said as he cupped Ororo’s face in his hands and looked her over with his keen eyes, to make sure she wasn’t hurt in any way.

“Fascinating,” Hank mumbled. “I think it would be best if you returned to the medlab my dear.”




“I’m getting sick of this room and this bed,” She grumbled and Logan who stood at her bedside, chuckled.

“Sorry sweetie but it looks like you’ll be staying for awhile,” Jean said as she checked the different monitors Ororo had been connected to.

“Awhile,” Ororo repeated with a panicked look on her face. “How long is ‘awhile’?”

“As long as it takes for us to help you gain better control over your new powers,” Jean answered as she reached out and tucked a lock of Ororo’s thick hair behind her ear. “We now know that subconsciously you seem to have some control, which was demonstrated when you touched Logan’s shirt. The fabric caught fire instantly, however your entire body was covered in the flame yet, your clothes remained untarnished. The Professor is on his way and he plans to put up temporary barriers in your mind to help, but you have to refrain from all activities that will cause you to get emotional.” Ororo’s eyes widened and her mouth fell open slightly and Jean could sense that she was starting to panic. “It will just be until you’ve learned to better control your new powers.”

“”All’ activities? That will be a very difficult task,” Ororo whined sounding almost childlike.

“Darlin, ya got to,” Logan cut in. “You wouldn’t want ta cause a fire that could hurt someone, one of the kids, or burn down the house, would you?”

“No, of course not,” She responded in a deflated tone. “But you do realize that this means we cannot have ‘any’ sexual contact until further notice.”

“Huh?” Logan looked from Ororo to Jean and then back to Ororo. The two women couldn’t stop the giggles that came due to his reaction.

“Which means,” Jean spoke. “There is to be no kissing, no fondling, no intercourse…”

“Yeah, yeah it’s a Monk’s life for me until you say otherwise, yeah I got.” Logan nearly growled displaying his true disappointment at the prospect.

“Good, I’ll be back when the Professor arrives to help him with your mental barriers.” Jean said and then left the room.

“I know that you’re mad, I’m sorry.” Ororo said and Logan looked at her, baffled by her words. “I can still do things to you, for you…sexually I mean, so you’re not frustrated.”

“What are you talkin about woman? I’m not mad and this aint yer fault,” He reached out and tenderly stroked her cheek. “Yeah I’m probably gonna get a bad case of blue balls, but if you can handle the sexual frustration than so can I, besides it aint like we got any other choice.”

“Well,” She looked down coyly as she spoke. “You could…I mean if it becomes too bad, you could find relief elsewhere.”

“Hey,” He grasped her chin and yanked her face upward until her eyes were on his. “That’s never ever going to happen. I don’t want to find relief with no one except you, and that better go both ways,” He said throwing her a hard glared and she nodded.

“I will never want or need anyone but you Logan,” She answered his unspoken question.

“Good cause I feel the same way, ‘sides if it gets too bad I can do what I usually do.”

“Which is?”

“Jack off in the shower,” He answered unashamed and she smiled at him and bit at her bottom lip as flames flickered in her eyes. Suddenly the monitors started beeping and Jean rushed into the room.

“What happened?” Jean asked and she moved to one of the monitors and took the readings.

“Nothing, sorry. I uhm…I was having a…thought, about …oh I don’t even recall what it was now,” Ororo lied, and Logan threw her a knowing smirk as he arched a brow at her. I guess we can add ‘don’t think about sex’ to the list of things I cannot do’ Ororo thought to herself, and Jean shot her a quick glance, having heard her thoughts.

“Yes well try not to think about anything that might ‘excite’ you ok,” Jean commanded and Ororo blushed slightly knowing that Jean had picked up on her thoughts. “Otherwise I’ll have to give you a mild sedative.” Jean reset the monitors, and then exited the room again.

“Great now I cannot even think about sex either, this is going to be too difficult for me.” Ororo said with a pout and Logan could only chuckle as he leaned in and quickly kissed the top of her head.

“For you and me both baby, for you and me both.”





You must login () to review.