Twenty years it's breaking you
down, now that you understand there's
no one around.Take a breath, just take a seat,
you're falling apart and tearing at the seams.
Heaven Forbid- The Fray




Ororo awoke a few hours later and determined that while she had had the best sex of her life, it hadn’t been with her boyfriend. Guilt was slowly going to overtake her. She wasn’t the type of girl who did this sort of thing.

She wanted desperately to be happy with Forge.

She looked over to Logan who was obviously awake and self-consciously pulled the sheet around her.

“What did you do to me?” she hissed as she climbed from his bed, searching for her clothes.

“Whoa, lady. Don’t even try that shit with me. I try helping you out and the next thing I know you’re stripping.” Logan growled, about to launch into a defensive rant when he saw Ororo breaking down in tears.

Regret was radiating through her every pore and he suppressed a groan. How did he make cheating okay for her? He didn’t want to feel sorry for her, but he did. “I can’t believe I cheated on Forge. With you, of all people.”

“Jesus, darlin. I wasn’t that bad in bed, was I?” He asked trying to make light of the situation but to no avail.

She turned to him then trying to dry her tears. “I always told Forge that there was nothing going on between us.”

“And there still isn’t. You had an itch, and I scratched it.” He shrugged.

“Look, Logan. Sex for you may be casual, but for me… Forget it. I’m getting my things and leaving.” She tightened the sheet around her and went back to looking for her clothes.

He rubbed the back of his neck wondering why in the hell he’d slept with her. He should have controlled himself because he knew better. But he was willing to take this like a man.

“I enjoyed what happened here, darlin.” Logan said suddenly not wanting her to leave. While she’d been in his bed, he’d dreamed for the first time since he could remember. Real actual dreams that hadn’t terrified him into waking with his body awash in sweat. She had calmed his mind with her body and closeness.

She turned back to him after finding everything. “Yeah, well I didn’t,” she snapped.

Lie

He could smell it on her.

“Sure ya didn’t darlin. Admit it, I’m the best you’ve had in a long time.” He stood then and pulled her close, waiting for her to tell him that she hadn’t enjoyed being with him. “I distinctly remember you calling out my name numerous times.”

“This shouldn’t have happened, Logan. I was drunk…"She pulled away from him.

“That excuse will get tired eventually. We fucked and had a good time. Forge could never make you come as hard as I did…” He didn’t have time to react as her hand struck him. “First ones free darlin, but you won’t get a second shot.”

“I hate you,” Ororo sneered lightly as she shoved her panties on awkwardly. Logan watched her with guarded eyes and sniffed the air.

She wasn’t kidding about hating him though. At that moment he could smell all of her contempt for him and it stung his nostrils.

“Get out,” he snapped.

“I was just leaving,” Ororo opened the door and stepped out into the hall. She kept walking in quick strides until she was inside of her loft.

She sank against the door and cried.

She had just betrayed Forge in the worst possible way. He would never forgive her for this, he would never marry her.





You must login () to review.