Emma was hooked up to an IV and a few other machines that were monitoring her body. She had a sheet pulled around her and one Dr. Hank McCoy was watching over her.

Storm sat by her bedside and watched as she awakened confused. “Where am I?” she asked.

“The infirmary,” Storm said carefully.

“Oh,” came Emma’s response before settling in again. “What happened?”

“I found you passed out but you woke up and told me about Forge before passing out again. I called Hank to drag you down here. Betsy and the kids bought flowers.” She pointed to the vase by Emma’s bedside.

“Tell them I said thank you,” and then she noticed that

Storm was dressed in her uniform before saying. “Your going after him, aren’t you?”

“Yeah, I am. Just wanted to check on you.”

“Thank, you.”

“Your welcome. Now, I’m leaving. I’m taking Betsy and Logan.” Storm turned on her heel to leave but Emma’s words caught her off guard.

“The mutant that has him, she’s powerful Storm. Omega level. Has the ability to re-open wounds that should have healed years ago.”

Storm glanced over her should. “I don’t care how powerful she is. I have to get Forge out of there.”

“I know,” Emma said. “Be careful.”

“Always,” and she was gone.

She took the elevator down to the hangar and found both Psylocke and Wolverine waiting. Logan watched her carefully. She really did love, Forge. Again Phoenix’s words came back to him to haunt him.

“Would you die for them?”

He now realized how false his reply had been. He was willing to risk life and limb for Ororo now. He was ready to risk his life for all of them. He was ready to admit that she’d been right all along about the Phoenix. The Phoenix had been a creature of pure lust, and glowing hatred. She was a being that was dead. Ororo was alive and full of life. She had a pureness that she had allowed him to taste and he wished he could take all of that into himself.

He strapped himself into one of the back seats as she and Betsy took the pilot and co-pilot chairs. He hated flying, he’d decided. Especially since nearly eight months ago, the roof of the Blackbird had come apart and Rogue had been pulled through, only to be saved by another mutant named Nightcrawler who could teleport.

He shifted uncomfortable once or twice. Betsy turned around and gave him a smile. The other woman obviously knew of his discomfort. Storm however, refused to meet his gaze or even look at him. He could tell that she was trying hard not to cry about Forge.

“E.T.A. is eleven hours,” Storm said softly. They were about to fly into Germany to find Forge. His last known whereabouts had been the U.S. Embassy there. The Embassy already knew that they were coming.





You must login () to review.