Finally Ororo was beginning to become travel weary. Betsy looked over at the other woman and suggested that she take a break and offered to fly for a little while.

Ororo took her up on the offer and made her way to the back of the jet to the bunks. Logan was already back there waiting when she approached.

“Hey,” she said uneasily. She remembered the look on his face when she’d told him about Forge’s kidnapping. It had been stony as he’d told her he wanted to help.

“You look like hell, kid,” he bit out and she laughed sitting down beside him on his bunk. He didn’t move to stop her, so she lay down beside him and he scooted over to allow her room.

“Logan, I don’t want things to change between us because of what happened. And because I’m going to eventually marry Forge.”

He didn’t say anything for a minute and she took his silence for something else.

“You hate me, don’t you?” She exhaled deeply. “Sex makes things difficult. It always does.”

He put his hand on her arm to stop her. “I don’t hate you, Ro. I could never hate you for making a choice.”

She smiled at that. “We’re always making choices, Logan.”

“I know and yours just happens to not allow you to have anymore casual sex with friends. I completely understand.” He moved to get up from beside her in the tiny ass bunk, but that required him to move over top of her so that his body was barely inches away from hers.

She reached up and traced his face as he braced himself on either side of her. “I can’t be Jean, Logan and try juggling two men.”

“I don’t need ya to be, darlin” he leaned down and their lips were nearly touching. Ororo made the first move, and they connected. It was a raw kiss that was powerful and needy and it transcended what they needed and what they needed to feel. They weren’t just fireworks going off, they were the whole show.

Neither wanted it to end, but Logan pulled away and spoke.

“We’re going to save him, Ro. And then I’m gone for good. You don’t need me anymore.” He kissed her forehead and then got out of the bunk.

“I’ll always need you, Logan.” She said not knowing that his sensitive hearing had heard her words.

Logan wanted to go back to that bunk to make love to the woman who set him on fire with just one kiss. He’d experience more pleasure from just her words than he ever had from one kiss with Jean. While he’d never want to compare them, he felt that Ororo would always win.
What scared him shitless was how fast she’d taken up residence in his heart. After all, he’d only come back because of her, because she needed his help at the institution.

He reached into the mini fridge they kept onboard and reached for a beer. Beer was strangely comfort food for him. He sighed as he cracked one open and listened to Betsy’s voice as they announced their arrival in Germany.

~


Logan strolled down the ramp of the Blackbird with Ororo in front of him and Betsy to his right. He looked over at the Asian beauty and smiled his most charming smile.

“So, Bets what ya’ doing tomorrow night?” He hooked an arm around her shoulders and she smiled back up him shyly. Her purple eyes regarded him nervously.

“Why, Logan, are you trying to ask me out for dinner?”

He shrugged then. “Maybe.”

Ororo’s heart jumped in her chest, she knew she had no rights or claims to Logan. Just like with Scott, she was going to take the backseat because Logan didn’t belong to her. He never had.

She turned to them. “You should take her to Chi’s. It has great atmosphere.”

Logan’s eyes widened at her suggestion but instantly he shrugged. “Sound good to you, Bets?”

Betsy gave Storm a once over as if the woman had grown another head and smiled up at Logan. “That sounds good.”

“Maybe we can double date when Forge is up to it,” Logan bit out and he saw Ororo’s face fall. His plan of trying to get her out of his head was going to have to work. For both their sakes.





You must login () to review.