Maybe you want her maybe you need her
Maybe you started to compare to someone not there
All At Once- The Fray


As soon as the two of them had entered Forge’s apartment, Ororo had Forge out of his clothes. He’d pinned her up against the wall all while sliding up the black dress with the impending need to be inside her. Gently, he’d pulled the straps of the dress down and feasted on her breast, paying them a lot of attention until Ororo had demanded that they go to the bed room right away.

They lay in bed afterwards, Forge sated and satisfied. Ororo was fine, though. She hadn’t climaxed but it was like that for her with a lot of her lovers. He pulled her close and kissed the crook of her neck.

“At dinner,” he whispered. “You seemed far away.”

“Sorry.” She smiled at his kiss. He was an attentive lover, just not a very good one. But she wasn’t with him because of that. She was with him because he made her feel good, like she was the only woman in the room. After years of competition between Jean and another woman for attention when it had come to Scott had made her that way.

“Don’t be. I understand you worry about the students. Charles left you with great responsibility.” She loved that he understood her in that way.

“I hate being far away on our dates, Forge.”

He propped himself up on one elbow and listened to her talk, with one hand drapped across her midsection. “I know. Luckily, I understand.”

“Your amazing, is what you are. Most men might not be able to handle the fact that I run a school with two other men and barely have time to go out to see a movie.” She sighed as she snuggled into the warmth that he offered.

“You’re right. But I know that you don’t have feelings for Hank.” He paused, unsure if he should mention the other man. He did. “Or Logan.”

Ororo snapped up instantly. “Why did you say it like that?”

He looked surprised. “Like what?”

“Like you want me to confirm for the millionth time that I’m not interested in Logan that way.”

Forge set up as well. “You aren’t and I know that.”

“I don’t think that you do. You always manage to bring him up, especially right after we’ve had sex.”

“Made love,” he corrected her.

“Even so, Forge. You always manage to bring him up. Am I missing something?”

“No, baby. Of course not. You know that I trust you.”

She moved to get off the bed just as the sun was beginning to break into the morning sky. “I have to go. I’ll call a cab.”

“No, I’ll drive you.”

Ororo dragged a sheet off the bed with her. “Don’t worry about it.”

“I was going to ask you last night, you know.”

She fixed the sheet around her as she tried to spot every piece of clothing she owned. “Ask me what?”

“To marry me.” He watched as her back tensed and she slowly turned.

Her face softened. “Why?”

“Because I’m sure.”

She was confused now. “Sure of what?”

“Of you. And me. Of us, Ororo. I’m sure that I want to marry you and give you everything you could want. A family.” He left that out there in the air between them as he rolled over to his night stand and pulled out a gold ring with a tear shaped diamond.

Ororo’s hand instantly flew to her mouth. Forge was out of his mind. They’d only been dating for a few months. She couldn’t marry him. Could she? She watched as he came and got down on one knee in front of her.

“I just want you to think about it. Test out the idea, Ororo.” He slipped the ring onto her right hand. “And when you have the answer, let me know. No pressure.”

No pressure, she thought. What in the hell is this ring then. She figured it out then. Last night, when he’d asked her about the future, he’d been referring to marriage. That he wanted to marry her and that he wanted to be with her for…well for forever.

“I’ll definitely think about this.” She handed the ring back to him. She stood then and collected her things.

~

Emma Frost had regaled Logan with plenty of stories about herself when she’d been a student at the Institute years ago. He’d laughed at the appropriate moments and had been the perfect gentleman.

“Wow,” Emma stated looking at the clock on the Rec Room wall. “It’s so late, or rather early.”

The sun was making its way across the sky.

Logan nodded. “Yeah, I guess it is.”

“Sorry to have kept you up all night,” she smiled her dazzling smile and stood. Logan stood then too. They’d been sitting on the couch the entire time. He loomed over her frame and mentally he compared the fact that Storm was only about two inches shorter.

“It’s fine, darlin. I enjoyed the stories.” He heard the door to the mansion quietly open and new instantly that it was Ororo Munroe doing the walk of shame at 6:45 a.m. precisely. He moved away from Emma and went to meet her.

Storm cursed her luck as she came face to face with Logan.

“Hey,” she said in an annoyed fashion.

“Hey, yerself. You look like a wreck.” He commented, wanting to say more. He didn’t need to know why she looked that way, he could smell it all over her. Forge.

The only thing he didn’t smell was her own culmination. He almost quirked an eyebrow at that but decided against it. Mainly because the headmistress of Xavier’s Institute for the Gifted was giving Emma Frost the most deadly look on Earth.

“What. Are. You. Doing. Here?” Storm managed to bite out. She moved Logan out of the way, sneering.

“Really, Storm, you should save that look for Magneto.” Emma rolled her eyes. “I’m here for what’s mine.”

Ororo nearly let her control slip but masked it well. “Well, all your old shit is up in the attic. I guess I could get the students to help locate it.”

Emma glanced over her nails in a bored fashion. She knew she was getting to Ororo and she loved it. She planted a bright smile on her face. “I’m not here because of that. I’m here to help run this school and to get my inheritance, Ororo.”

Logan watched the two of them. Both seemed to dislike the other as much as humanly possible. He smiled. With Emma around things could be interesting.

Storm glanced to Logan and realized he was enjoying the show at her expense. “Look, I’m going to go shower. Why don’t you meet me in my office in twenty minutes. We’ll talk.” She straightened up and prepared to leave.

“Storm, dear. You do mean Charles’ office, right?” Emma looked poised and undefeated, needing to have the last word.

“No.” Storm turned back. “My office.” And then she promptly marched up the stairs her white hair going into a frenzy unlike its mistress.

Logan smiled as she bounded up the stairs.

“I sense a story there.”

“There always is, Logan.” She touched his arm and traced a pattern. “Would you like to hear it?”

“Of course, darlin.”

“Good. I have so many to tell.” She walked away then in search of a bed room to finally put her things away.

She wanted to rest as well before she dueled with Ororo again.

Logan watched her retreating form and shook his head. He’d never met anyone who could rattle the resident goddess as much as one Emma Frost had in just five minutes. Obviously, the two women shared disdain for each other. He didn’t know much about Ororo’s past but he was sure that Emma was all too eager to tell.

He pulled out a cigar and journeyed outside to light up. Xavier would have been proud of Logan for that small gesture.





You must login () to review.