Bryan Alveraz had a good life.

He was young and strong, had those rough good looks that he had gotten from his father

He had a gorgeous girlfriend who he was going to propose to eventually, once his transfer was final.

In a week, He wouldn’t be guarding a holding pen for freaks anymore, and he would have everything he wanted

Shame

Three long silver claws pierced through the Kevlar vest of his uniform and into the vital tissues beneath, and all thoughts of having any life beyond this moment went with the last quivering beats of his heart

Logan pulled his claws free and quietly dragged the body out of sight.

He dropped low and sniffed the air

Two more guards were a few meters away.

As silent as the shadows, he moved toward them.

They were making a straight line toward him

Logan observed his surroundings, picking the best course of action.

The blowing wind and falling snow covered his presence well, a real hunter knew when to take advantage of such things. Logan climbed quickly up a nearby tree and perched upon a branch and waited.

He could smell their aftershave, their gun oil, the pungent aroma of a lit cigarette; they were close now, almost right underneath him.

Snikt

Landing behind them, the first guard only saw a faint shimmer, before his throat sprayed forth life blood.
He fell gasping, trying to scream, the air from his lacerated esophagus caused the blood to bubble.

The other guard struggled and cursed, trying to break free of the arm around his neck and the hand over his mouth.

“Shhh” he heard, before his neck was broken

Logan eased the body to the ground. He reached over and plucked the still smoldering cigarette from the ground and took one long drag.

“Thanks” he said before extinguishing it in the snow

Hiding the bodies was no problem in weather like this, with snowfall like this they would be covered in moments

“All Weapon X got ya was a shallow grave bud”

Logan stood and was on the move again, slipping out of sight and back to doing what he did best

He made it to the rear entrance of the facility. The area was under light guard, no more than half a dozen men,

Strange there were no dogs.

That actually made Logan feel better, People were fine to gut, always felt a shame for dogs to catch it over their masters dumb fuck reasons though.

But something felt wrong about the situation. This place should be sealed up tighter than a dolphin’s ass.

The patrols were light, and the tower guards didn’t even have the search lights on.

Logan was honestly hoping for a knock down drag out.

Every Weapon X piece of garbage in this place he wanted lying in a pool of their own spilled innards, and despite what Xavier and Summers said, that was going to be the outcome if he had anything to say about it.

He reached up and pressed the speak button on his communicator

“In place Cyke“

A moment of static.

“How does it look“ came Summer‘s response

“Six or Seven guards, their all carrying Five-Five-Sixes, few pineapple boomers, night vision goggles, no dogs.” He paused a moment and took another look up to the unmanned towers. “And no eyes up high either, something doesn’t feel right about this.”


“Taken into advisement Wolverine” Cyclops replied. “Just be ready to move when I say so, Nightcrawler will meet you on the inside, you guys get in cut the power and wait for my orders, diversion in five>’

“Wanna fill me in on the fucking diversion there Patton?” Logan roughly asked

He could almost see Summers smug expression. “You will know when you see it, Cyclops out”

Logan scoffed and hunkered down closer to the ground.

The winds began to pick up speed, and the snow began harder and faster.

Thunder boomed and flashes of lightning illuminated Logan’s entire field of vision.

He smiled slightly

He could almost see Ororo hovering over the ground letting all of the power of the elements flow into that perfect body of hers.

He would have thought her stripping down to her bare nothings and strutting to the front gate would have been just as effective.

A large crash and one of the supply trucks to the east of the compound erupted into flames as a bolt of lighting came and struck it dead center.

The guards at the gate, save but two, hurried away in the direction of the explosion.

“Your up Wolverine” Summers voice piped in

He didn’t bother to respond on the comm. “No shit”

Moving quietly he hurried along the ground to the gate.

The guard’s backs were turned, still looking in the direction where their comrades had gone,

Slowly, Logan’s claws slid out.

He would have to cut the gate silently and quickly and then do the same to the guards.

A bright flash and a puff of smoke blossomed behind both guards. In surprise they both turned and came face to face with what appeared to be a demon straight form the blackest depths of Hades itself.

“"Guten Abend!"

Before their rifles were even brought to their shoulder, a pair of swift kicks caught them both to the side of their heads.

Kurt smiled and turned around to face Logan. “You see that’s the not so permanent way to deal with red shirts”

Logan scoffed and cut the chain link away.

“Are those better than a Ginsu?”

Logan brought the claws to bear. “Yep cuts through Smart asses like tin cans and can still hack up a mean tomato”

They quickly pulled the bodies out of sight and made it around the front door.

“Cant you just Houdini us in?” Logan asked

“If you want to possibly be a part of the wallpaper and décor then sure we can try it.”

Logan winced a bit at that, the thought of a desk lamp or chair permanently stuck up his ass didn’t bring any chuckles

He tired the door, locked, no surprise, and brought a hard downward slash that separated the handle and lock from the rest.

“Did you know there was no alarm?” Kurt asked sincerely

Logan forced the door open with a hard push. “Yep the very second no siren started blaring after I made the cut.”

Kurt shook his head and sighed and followed his teammate in.
The hallway was empty and only partially lit. There were no guards or base personal to be seen. Logan sniffed the air and found only time worn scents, nothing recent, his enhanced hearing picked up no sounds as well.

Kurt stayed a few steps behind, his body melding with the shadows that danced against the walls.

“Its clear, where’s the switch box?” Logan asked silently

“Hank was only able to dig up a bit on the layout, but the far end of C sector he guessed the most likely place.” Kurt answered

‘Great fucking guessing games now right” Logan sighed and moved further into the hallway. “I hope you finished electrician courses Elf, cause short of cutting the damn thing to scrap I have no clue how we shut it down.”

Kurt smiled and pulled out a small device. “No need to worry my friend, Hank gave us all we need.” He pressed a small button and red light flashed. “We just place it on the central junction box and our task is complete.”

“Humph, rather just break the damn thing.” Logan said shaking his head

It didn’t take long to get to the main generator room, there was no one along the entire route to deter them, nothing.

The inside of the compound was as empty and quiet as a tomb.

And so quiet

No distant footsteps

No far off whispers

Just……nothing

Logan sat in the eerie silence at the door to the generator room as Kurt began his search for the junction..

Logan could hear the pounding of his own heart in the stillness.

It thundered in his ears like the approaching sound of a stampede

He could feel the blood rush through his temples.

Something was wrong
It was too quiet

It was too fucking quiet

Gritting his teeth. Logan tired to force the deafening silence away from himself, trying to make it leave him, trying to drive it back.

It was maddening

Logan

It all broke like the stillness of water as a drop hit’s the surface

Logan

That voice

He knew that voice

Come to me, Come to me

He found fighting the urge to follow those sweet sounds agonizing

Logan my love…..please, I need you, don’t leave me alone here, please Come.

Logan felt as the coyote when caught in a trap. It was like gnawing a limb off to break free, but despite the pain, the first step set him free.

“Think I got it.” Kurt said, placing the device over the box. “Ok Hank said we should get clear of the room before we…Logan?” Kurt turned and saw hi teammate gone

The shadows in the halls danced and parted as Logan walked slowly toward the calling voice.

His footsteps echoed as cannon fire from a distant battlefield, his breath hot torrents of air pumping ever faster from his lungs. A familiar copper taste settled in the back of his throat.

Sweat dripped from his forehead, and his hands balled so tightly into fists they turned white.

Just a bit further My Love, you are almost there, we shall be together again

With every bit of strength in his body, Logan ran toward the calling.

His legs pumped in furious strides, his muscles straining to their fullest, he had no thought of anything else, the world had melted away and all that remained was that voice and the tremors of his heart.

He rounded a corner and a sealed door stood before him.

Logan hit the control panel but the door stayed sealed, pushing at it and shoving with all his might and it stayed closed.

Roaring, without any regard for danger or peril of his teammates, Logan unsheathed his claws and began ripping the door apart, splinter my metal splinter.

The door mocked him with every swing, with only a few pieces of metal falling away with every swipe.

Give in Love, it iis the only way

The voice in his head goading him forward, Logan let the beast arise. The adrenaline flowed throughout him and bolstered his strength and resolve.

The claws dug deeper, the swings grew harder, and the door fell as a brush would from the winds of a hurricane.

Logan stepped through.

Soft light, warm breeze, birds singing in tall trees, a sharp and pleasant scent of pine.

The beast that Logan had released calmed and crawled back into the dark corners of his mind and waited for its next opportunity to be released.

Old oak wood furniture, finely made, a fireplace burning bright in the far end of the room,

A cabin

Logan couldn’t remember but…….he knew this place.

From some long buried memory or even a dream that always slid from thought on a waking moment

He knew this place.

He walked over to the table and studied every line and corner.

Had he made this?

An old carving knife sat upon the end.

He picked it up and unsheathed it, the fine edge shimmered in the morning sun.

Morning?

It was night only a few moments ago,

Where the hell was he

“What the fuck is going on.” He ground out softly

“You are home.”

Logan turned quickly the knife gripped at a ready in his hand.

The grip on the blade melted away as wax from a waning candle.

A woman, tall and lithe, with skin the color of snow at fading day, eyes like drops of jade, and hair a color of red that hung past her shoulder like liquid fire.

She was beautiful

“I have missed you so much’ she said walking, without fear, toward the feral mutant.

Logan actually felt himself take a step back as if his very body were afraid.

“W..Who are you?” he summoned the ability to ask

She smiled at him. “Dear James, don’t you remember me?”

“James?” Logan croaked out, his voice dying away again as her eyes burned so deeply into the very core of his being.

“I know what they did to you my darling, I cant possibly even begin to imagine the pain you go through not even knowing your true name” she stood before him and softly placed a hand on his wrist and lowered the knife he still limply held down. “For your sake I think for the time being we should just stick to Logan>“

She smiled and Logan felt so strange. The beast inside didn’t even roar as he swept his eyes over her wondrous body.

He stood in awe of this being before him.

“Your Rose shall never be apart from you again.” she whispered so gently into his ear
“Rose?’ Logan was barely able to speak the name, it sounded so foreign, yet at the same time so very familiar

He pulled back and gazed into those deep green eyes. “I….know you….I think”

Those full lips pulled back into a wide grin again as she spoke. “In time my love you shall remember…….everything.” She brushed away a strand of hair from his face. “Everything that you have forgotten, everything that was taken away I will help give back to you.”

She kissed him and Logan felt his world explode

When she pulled away, Logan felt his soul become a void, things were rushing in his mind, flashes of people and places that he did not know.

It brought him to his knees

She wrapped her arms around him as he processed so many things at once.

“What is this?”

She kissed his cheek. “Your life Logan, every second of it.”

Logan’s head swam with vague memories.

A beach.

Explosions

Cries

Blood

Men moved past him franticly, some shouting orders to take cover.

Logan could feel a rifle in his hand, he gazed down and saw he was wearing a uniform.

“Corporal!”

Logan turned at the sound and faced an older and scarred man

A Captain

“Wake up Soldier, your on the bandoleer , get your ass out there fore the Krauts shoot it off.”

Logan responded as only a soldier does

Climbing over a trench he made his way towards a forest of barb wire.

Others were loading long tubes of dynamite through the underneath.

Bullets flew over his head, the sounds of the dying assaulted his ears.

He hit the ground by the others and out of training began feeding the bandoleers through.

“Hell of a day huh Jimmy?” a man, barely out of his teens, shouted to him

Logan didn’t respond he didn’t know this man’s name.

“So much for fucking Intel, said there was just going to be scraps defending this damn beach, instead we get a full garrison of fucking infantry.”

Logan said nothing only pushed the tubing further in

“That’s it Move move move”

As they cleared the radius the wire went up in a great eruption of fire.

“Take that fucking hill” someone, the captain, called. “We get through this the fucking booze is on me.”

Logan was the first to break free from the group.

He could hear people yelling in German.

He made it past what was left of the wire and saw two German infantry men setting up an emplaced weapon.

Without a thought Logan fired, both died within a fraction of a second of each other.

He didn’t stop he moved on further in, shooting anybody that wore the uniform of German army.

When his Garand was dry he used it as a club, when it broke over the skull of what appeared to be a German Lieutenant, he used his bayonet.

A bunker came into his view,

Heavy round of fire billowed out, bullets piercing German and Allied alike .
Logan ran straight on. He felt the tearing white hot burn of a bullet pierce his flesh, but he moved on never slowing

He rolled to the ground for cover, he could feel the strange sensation of his body pushing the bullet out and closing as it did.

He paid it no heed, his mind was playing tricks on him was all.

Grabbing a grenade from a nearby body, Logan rushed toward the bunkers opening.

He took several more bullets to the gut before he made it, but when he did he reached in and grabbed the infantryman manning the gun by the face

Pulling him forward Logan pulled the pin of the grenade with his teeth, and with raw strength shoved it into the officer’s mouth.

Teeth shattered flesh ripped as the German soldier tried to scream as the explosive was forced into his mouth.

Logan stood and ran. “Fire in the hole”

The explosion rocked him to off his feet

Cheers went up as the last of the reaming Germans fled

“Need a Medic over here.” came a cry as the soldier that had spoken to him before fell to his knees by Logan’s side.

Logan shook off the effects of the grenades force and stood straight up.

“Son of a bitch” the soldier said. “You took almost a dozen rounds, and your still on your fucking feet?”

Logan said nothing

He couldn’t explain it either but he felt fine, he didn’t even hurt

“You didn’t get the name “Lucky” Jim for nothing man>“

Jim?…..James?

“Ill trade ya names if ya want” The soldier said patting Logan on the shoulder, “Course who wants to be called Bucky “Bad News” Barnes”

Bucky?
The world around him shifted and he was back again in the cabin with the woman named Rose holding him close.

“What the hell was that?” he graveled out.

“Just one part of the long years of your life restored” she whispered. “But there is so much more my love”

“You can give me these back?” he asked turning to her. “ My memories, who I was





You must login () to review.