She frowned slightly. “No Darling I am afraid I cant.”

Logan almost felt the world fall from his feet.

“But this can.” She pulled out a small vial of red liquid. “I had a bit of this dabbed upon my lips when I kissed you, this love is the key to everything you want.”

Logan eyed it suspiciously. “What is it?”

“Hope my love, Hope for your life to be yours again.”

She pulled the top off and held it to him. “Drink, and start your new life from the foundations of the old.”

As much as he wanted to believe it, believe her, something just didn’t sit well with Logan.

“I don’t believe in magic potions darlin.” he said

She laughed. “This is almost as good but not quite magic, it’s a neural peptide, developed just for you.”

“Sounds like something Weapon X would make.” Logan growled, feeling that familiar twinge of rage boil back to the surface.

She gazed at him sternly. “This is your only chance Logan there is no other way, Xavier has promised you help and delivered nothing.”

The harshness of her voice took Logan aback a moment.

She immediately softens her voice and caressed his cheek. “We can be together again Logan, Us, and the whole world just waiting on our doorstep.” she ran her hand down the side of his face again.” We can live a life together.”

A life

A word as strange and as alien as no other could be to him.
“Drink” she urged him

Logan found his hand bringing the vial closer to his lips.

The sound of her breathing, the touch of her skin, her breath against his ear.

It forced his hand further to his mouth

He tasted it and then he drank.

“Wolverine!!”

A shout brought Logan out of the trance he had been under.

The vial was still half full.

The woman, Rose< looked annoyed and almost frightful for a moment before she urged him on a bit further. “Almost darling almost just a bit more.”

Logan looked at the bottle. “Why am I not remembering anything?”

“The first time comes fast, it was a concentrated dose darling, this is a bit more diluted but will have the same effect…..but you must finish it” She said the last bit with force

Logan raised the vial back to his lips

“WOLVERINE!!”

Logan turned and saw Nightcrawler staring at him

“Wolverine what are you doing.”

The world was different now, no cabin, no warm light or roaring fire.

And she was gone too

Logan couldn’t even pick up a scent.

For one horrifying moment, Logan thought it had all been a horrible wonderful dream.

But the vial was still in his hand, half full, waiting for him to finish.

He thought for a moment he could hear a faint voice in the back of his head, her voice, urging him to finish it off.

“The others have already gotten in to the base, its getting ugly out there we have to go now.” Kurt said, still out of breath form his frantic search.

Logan ignored him, still fixed upon the vial in his hands

He didn’t feel anything, he didn’t remember anything from his past.

The rage boiled up inside of him

Such a small taste from her lips had ;lunged him into the inner recess of his mind to long forgotten times, and now

Nothing

Not a fucking thing

She had been here and then she was gone

“AREYOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???” Logan screamed and smashed the vial against the far wall, making Kurt jump a bit in fright .

Logan breathed hard and fast

The rage was coming so easily now it seemed

The veins in his arms pulsed, his heart beat like never before struggling to keep up

“I HAD IT” he screamed once again into the dark hallways. “JUST GIVE IT TO ME DAMMIT” he collapsed to the floor quivering with anger

“Give me my life back” he whispered on the verge of tears of outrage and sorrow

Kurt was not sure of what to do . He had never seen Logan so angry, he didn’t know the man well, but he was certain this was not the norm

Cautiously Kurt approached “Logan?”…..Please the others need us”

Logan quickly turned his head and gazed Kurt dead in the eyes

Kurt Wagner was a believer already, but if he had not have been the look in his teammates eyes would have convinced him that there was indeed a devil

Kurt was no coward, by any means, even for a man as young as he was, but that look caused the very warmth of his blood to run cold with fear.

The red rimmed eyes of Logan saw nothing threw the haze of madness for a moment

The beast inside was stalking the cage of his mind, on the very brink of tearing free.

Kurt, Wolverine where the hell are you guys

A voice sounded out from Kurt’s com

Kurt was petrified by fear, afraid to even use his mutant talents to get away.

Kurt…..Wolverine…. do you copy?

Logan stood and slowly walked toward Kurt, as a monster from a fairy tale might stalk a child in the woods.

Kurt’s entire body screamed for him to move but he couldn’t

He could only stare into the eyes of the demon before him

If you guys are done with hide and go seek we could really use the damn help out here

A new voice came over the com, female, and Logan stopped at the sound

Ororo

Sometime soon too please

He felt all the bad things polluting his mind drain away.

He breathed steadier, and unclenched his fists.

The beast roared inside him, as the cage door to its prison slammed shut

Logan reached up and pressed the com on Kurt’s uniform

“Copy on our way.”

He took once last look behind him.

And smelled the air

Nothing

He looked down at the broke vial one, its contents sprayed across the wall and floor

“Lets go” he said and walked past his still afraid comrade

Kurt breathed out a slow and hoarse breath and crossed himself before following after.

As they left two figures appeared out of the darkness.

The light around them shimmered and adjusted

One of them clicked a button on a control panel that hung from her arm. “Glad to know the Stealth camo and the scent dampeners’ work.” She said pulling her helmet off, letting long blond hair tumble out.

The other one sighed and pulled her own helmet off. “Glad to know that tow of the most valuable members of this operation are the guinea pigs.”

The blond shrugged and leaned against the wall

The other clicked on her communicator. ”General?’

“Copy” the voice replied “were you successful”

She winced as she answered “Partly, he only took about half the dose.”

“Dammit Marsay this is a delicate fucking situation I don’t need you and Wyngarde fucking it up..”

“I was only able to go so far in sir, Regan’s illusions only do so much, if I go in to far I will be the one who is mind wiped.”

Regan Wyngarde snickered a bit at the exasperated look on her colleagues face.

“Will what dosage he took be enough.?” the general asked after a moment

“With what the good doctor told me, it will be as quick to act with only half but the desired effect should take place within a few hours, but the longevity is in question, it could last only for a few hours.”

“Good enough” the general said. “Get to the evac point on the double.”

“We are leaving the base sir>? She asked surprised

“We have already evacuated the important specimens, the others are just fodder, besides we have done what we set out to do, if only in a limited and half way competent fashion, let the freaks have their day, soon they will have more than they will have more then they could possibly swallow.”




























.





You must login () to review.