Author's Chapter Notes:
I know, I know...it's been FOREVER. Im sorry. Please review.
Ororo,

I love you. Please don't come after me.

Logan

Sean crumpled the note in his hand. He probably should never have read it. It was private and meant for Ororo's eyes only, as made apparent by the fact that it had been slipped under her bedroom door. But the curiosity was almost too much to bare. He had seen their former teacher stop by Ororo's room on his way out to God knows where. He didn't speak to anyone on his way, and there were no long goodbyes. He just left as if the years he had spent with them at the school meant nothing.

Sean didn't blame him. It was unfortunate about Scott, but the way everyone seemed to be handling this situation was ridiculous. Up until now he had remained silent, going along with Betsy's plans to "protect" Ororo. He couldn't take it anymore. He loved Ororo like a sister, and didn't want to see her hurt. And if Professor Logan is what made her happy then so be it…who was he to judge?

"What's that you have there?" Betsy demanded, her tone somehow knowing.

"Nothin'" Sean replied fisting the note.

Betsy didn't miss a beat "She needs to see that. Maybe it will knock some sense into her. If he cared enough he would stay"

"The Professor told him to leave" Sean reminded her.

"As he should have. It was a disgusting situation and I'm glad it's over," Sean felt the onset of a headache. Betsy was beyond complex when it came to her emotions which in most situations was one of the reasons he loved her so much. This was not one of them.

"Seems like he makes her happy."

Betsy snorted "Do you hear yourself? He's ancient. It would never have worked out anyway. - Whose side are you on?"

"Ororo's side, as you should be."

"Piss off!" Betsy turned to leave, but Sean gently grabbed her arm turning her back to him.

"This goes a lot deeper then you think Bets. I'm not even psychic and I can see that. Yah need to ask yerself what really upsets you 'bout all this. And it's got nothin' to do with the age difference."

Betsy snatched away from him, but she didn't leave. Maybe he was right. She considered the situation for a moment. Everything in her body told her it was a bad idea to encourage this…but then she thought of Ororo…her best friend….who after so much pain deserved to be happy…every one deserved to be happy.

They had no right. None of them did. Betsy, Jean, the Professor…They had no right to decide who was best for her. Even if being with Logan was a mistake; it was her mistake to make.

Ororo sat on the couch in front of the Professor, her eyes focused on nothing in particular. Here she was broken and bruised from head to toe, but somehow her physical pain couldn't compare to the pain she felt in her heart for Logan.

The Professor voice snapped her out of her daze. "I know you think we've cheated you out of something…" the Professor began. "But believe me Ororo. This is for your own good." The Professor added as he set his eyes on her with sincerity and compassion. It was obvious that he truly believed that he had handled this situation correctly.

Ororo wasn't going to allow herself to be…handled.

"Where is he?" she managed without breaking into tears.

The Professor sighed "Ororo-"

"God dammit!" she snapped startling the Professor. Her eyes were unapologetic. "Where is he?" she demanded. As much as it hurt, somehow she got to her feet.

She swayed a little, an aftereffect of Betsy's psychic attack, but she refused to let that stop her. She had to stand her ground. She had to be strong. The last thing she wanted was for Logan to think that she didn't love him. She had to find him so that she could tell him. That if she had the choice she would choose him…she would always choose him.

The Professor saw that she wasn't backing down, so he changed his tone to match her own. He had never seen this side of Ororo. She was being rebellious, and uncooperative….The Professor didn't like it. He swallowed the lump in his throat and said "Logan has been permanently dismissed"

Ororo bit back another curse and instead said…"Why?"

"You know why Ororo"

"Because of Scott?"

"Among other things"

"Enlighten me"

The Professor shifted uncomfortably. He didn't want to spell it out, but it seemed that he would have to. "You should be able to understand that now, since the nature of your relationship has changed-–"

"And by 'nature' you mean because we had sex."

The Professor turned his gaze away "Ororo–" he warned. The idea of Ororo, one of his most precious students engaged in sexual activity unnerved him.

"Would it be different if I were having sex with Scott?"

"Yes, N-no" The Professor fumbled. Her intensity was disorienting. He took a deep breath and collected his thoughts "Yes it would be different, but still just as unsettling. You're still a child"

"I am not a child Professor. If anything I'd say I'm the only one acting like an adult in this situation." she countered.

The Professors patience had just about run out "What was I to do Ororo? Allow you to continue your relationship with a man that was supposed to serve as a role model and a mentor for you and the other students? A man that because of his jealously and emotional instability beat Scott within an inch of his life-"

"Scott tried to kill him-"

"He damn well should have!" the Professor roared.

Ororo fell silent. It was then that she realized that she wasn't going to get what she wanted out of this conversation. The Professor was having a hard time accepting her as and adult. As long as he saw her as a child her opinions would never matter.

But she saw something in his eyes now, that she had never seen before. The Professor actually looked hurt by this entire ordeal. She supposed that being an adult also meant she had to count the cost of her decisions. What she did not only affected her but it also affected the people around her.

Then the Professors tone softened "Ororo, I want what is best for you. I honestly believe that this…thing you have with Logan is marked for destruction…for the both of you."

Her tears came freely now, and this time she didn't try to hide them.

"You have such a promising future. There are people who care about you, love you, support you. As my student I want to see you excel in your education and career. As a daughter…"

Their eyes met then, and Ororo could finally see what this was all about…

"As a daughter I want to see you succeed in life. I love you too much to allow you to ruin your chances because of the intensity of one temporary emotion."
It was the first time he had told her he loved her. It felt good to hear it. He was about the only father she had ever known. Ororo hugged him with her free arm and kissed on the cheek.

"I love you too" she whispered. Her response seemed to satisfy the Professor and he relaxed a little with the hope that things could now somehow return back to normal.

Ororo was at the door with had her hand on the door knob when she said "Please don't come after me."





You must login () to review.