- SHADY OAKS INN:HOURS LATER -

Ororo never thought that she would see the day that she would have desired a little telepathic ability. She had no idea where to start. If only she had Logan’s instincts for tracking, then maybe this would have been easier.

A part of her told her she was being ridiculous. If he wanted to be found he would have told her where he was going. Maybe Betsy had been right… Ororo shook her thoughts. No, she was doing the right thing. Doing what she thought was best. To hell with everyone else and their unreasonable selves.

It had been liberating to walk out of that house. She had finally made a decision that wasn’t based on the opinions of others. She was doing this for herself, and no one else.

“How old are you honey?” The hotel attendant with greasy hair and bad skin said snapping away at the gum between his teeth. His voice sounded slimy, and it made Ororo’s skin crawl. Creep show.

She was tired after hours of flying and a few more just walking. It was getting dark, and she wasn’t about to roam the streets in the middle of the night. She had had her fair share of that. She wanted to get some sleep and get a fresh start in the morning.

“Old enough,” Ororo said. The greasy haired hotel attendant rolled his skinny shoulders and pointed to the sign in the window.

MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OLD TO CHECK-IN.

“You got some I.D. on yah?”

Knowing full well she didn’t meet the requirement Ororo whipped out her I.D. anyway.

The attendant looked it over with a smirk, “Says here your 17.”

“18. You have to carry the one.” Ororo said smartly, and it was obvious that the attendant didn’t appreciate it.

“You a runaway?”

“Are you gonna give me a room or not?” Ororo asked.

The creepy attendant smiled revealing teeth almost as yellow as the gold cap on his incisor. “What you gone give me?”

Ororo laid some bills on the counter “Is that enough?”
He picked up the bills and counted them “It’s enough for the room, but if you want me to bend company policy? That’s gonna cost you extra” he said licking his thin and crusty lips.

Ororo didn’t like where this was going. She reached for her I.D. but he grabbed her wrist. Ororo pulled away from him instinctively, but his grip was so tight that it nearly cut off her circulation.

“Get off of me,” she warned.

“I betchyha move real good ’tween the sheets. Why don’t yah come on in back and show me some of those moves. Then maybe, just maybe we can get yah set up with a room.”

He pulled her arm so hard that it nearly came out of its socket. Bastard.

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

Logan pulled into the Shady Oaks Inn parking lot, his nostrils thick with Ororo’s scent. She had probably stopped there for the night. Good girl. She was smart to find some place safe for the night.

The world could be a cruel place. He didn’t want to imagine the things that could happen to her…especially if he wasn’t there to protect her.

Logan was prepared to sniff out which room she was in when the sound of shattering glass drew his attention. A burst of adrenaline coursed through his veins as he made his way towards the front office entrance. Ororo’s scent grew stronger as he got closer and suddenly he sensed someone else’s fear and an urgent need to get away. Ororo was in trouble. He was only a few steps away when suddenly a mans body was hurled through the glass door and hit the concrete with a harsh THUD. The mans face was bloody. He groaned only for a moment before slipping into unconsciousness. Damn.

His boots cracking over broken glass Logan stepped into the doorway and saw Ororo hurriedly gathering her bag and stuffing money into her pockets. She looked up at him, tears in her eyes, and smiled. God how he had missed her smile.

She ran into him with such force that she nearly knocked him over. He closed her in his arms inhaling her scent deep into his chest. His heart swelled because finally…she was in his arms again.

“I’m callin’ the cops!” someone yelled. And it wasn’t until then that they realized that the commotion had drawn a crowd. Logan didn’t have to say a word. Ororo grabbed her bag again and followed him to his chopper.

Ororo held on to him for dear life as the zoomed down the road. They rode for what seemed like hours before stopping. Logan checked them into yet another hotel whose attendant wasn’t nearly a greasy as the poor soul at Shady Oak Inn.

Logan clicked on the light, as Ororo entered the hotel room, which smelled stale but looked clean. Logan closed the door behind him and they stood in silence for a moment. Both of them exchanged glances between the each other and the queen sized bed.

“Sorry, it was all they had,” he said.

“It’s fine,” she smiled “I don’t mind sharing a bed with you.”

Logan refused to let himself get too excited by the idea. He should have taken her back to the mansion, but here they were…miles away, and finally, no one to disturb them. Ororo sat on the bed, and bounced a little, testing it for comfort. “Maybe now we can finish what we started,” She said her voice low and seductive in a way that surprised him. It was almost as if she had an allure that came naturally to her.

Logan growled deep in his throat. He wanted to pounce on her. Rip her clothes off with his teeth and make love to her the way he had wanted to before…Scott.

Scott, who was still somewhere between life and death back at the mansion.

-“…Do not entertain any imaginings of running off into the sunset with her. She belongs here with me.” - The Professors voice resonated in his head, but he couldn’t tell if it were a residue of a memory or a thought that had been forced on him.

Logan swallowed the lump in his throat, “Since when did yah start knockin’ over motels?”

Ororo shook her head with a laugh, “I wasn’t stealing. I only took what was mine. Trust me, that guy had it coming.”

“I’m sure he did” Logan said. He was impressed. It shouldn’t have surprised him that Ororo was able to take care of herself. She was strong in that way.

“You don’t look happy to see me,” She said standing. If he was going to reject her she at least wanted to be somewhat eye level.

“What are yah doin’ out here?”

“I love you,” she said as if no other explanation was needed because for her, there wasn’t.

She moved in on him until they were inches apart.

“Just like that huh?” he said his eyes focused on her inviting mouth.

“Yeah, just like that,” she said putting her hand on his chest.

Logan lost his resolve.

His mouth came down on hers, and he pulled her against his chest so tightly that she nearly lost her breath.

Ororo made a sound deep in her throat as he lifted her into his arms and carried her to the bed. The bothersome pillows went flying and she giggled when his shirt got stuck when he pulled it over his head. An ache began to pulse between her legs. The same ache she had felt before when he had touched her. He helped her off with her shirt next, peeling back one of the cups of her bra so that he could devour the hardened nipple underneath. Ororo arched into him as he sucked and massaged the sensitive flesh with his tongue. When he couldn’t get to her other breast as fast as he wanted, he ripped it off of her, the straps snapping as easily as papier-mâché in the rain.

When she was completely naked, his hand dipped in between her thighs cupping the wet swollen flesh there and she moaned as he slid two fingers deep inside. Ororo spread her legs wider urging him to go deeper. Her hand found the tight bulge in his jeans and she massaged him here coaxing a sound of pleasure from Logan she had never heard before, and was delighted that she had been the cause of it.

He had only stroked her a few times with his fingers before she arched her hips into his touch. “Ohmygod,“ she whimpered as she struggled to breath, clawing at his shoulders as an orgasm exploded inside her with such force it nearly rocketed her off the bed. His hand was soaked, and his head full of her delicious sweet scent. Still coming down from her sensational high she watched with hooded eyes as Logan removed his jeans and pulled off his boxer briefs.

He poised himself between her legs his erection hard and jutting out in front of him. He massaged the head of his shaft against her wet opening, and just as he ready move forward he heard her whisper.

“Wait, wait. Do you have protection?”

Her question snapped him back to reality. She saw the hesitation in his eyes.

“I want this,” she whispered kissing his quickly on the lips. “I want you.”

Logan was still hard and ready, but he climbed off her nonetheless. He sat on the edge of the bed coming to grips with something he had been too blinded by the heat of the moment to realize.

Ororo could have kicked herself for ruining the mood. Maybe he didn’t like to use protection. Had she turned him off?

Logan pulled his boxer briefs on and up over his softening erection.

“I’m sorry,” she said leaning up, her bare breasts touching his back. “I didn’t think about it when we were together before-- And I love you, but I just don’t want to get pregnant. At least not right now. Maybe, one day in the future.”

Logan shoved away from the bed, and started putting his clothes back on. Suddenly Ororo felt very self conscious. She pulled the sheets up to cover her nakedness.

“Did I say something wrong?” She asked genuinely confused about what was happening.

He was fully clothed now, saved for his socks and boots “No, yah said everything right. I just--I really screwed up here.”

Logan grabbed her discarded clothes from the floor and held them out to her “Here, put yah clothes on kid.”

Ororo’s eyes narrowed “Kid? Logan, what going on here?”

“I’m takin yah home. That’s what’s goin’ on.”

Ororo just stared at him in silence.

“Put yer clothes on!” he barked.

His tone startled her for a moment, but it was immediately replaced by anger. Ororo wrapped herself up in the sheets and snatched her clothes out of his hands. She went into the bathroom and slammed the door behind her.

She was back out in a flash, no tears in her eyes, just hurt, and anger.

“What is with you?” She demanded.

Logan shook his head. He didn’t know how to answer her.
“I don’t know.” he admitted.

“Not good enough,” she choked, but still no tears appeared in her eyes.

Logan shrugged “That’s all I got. Get yer things. I’ll be outside.”

“Go to hell!” She screamed. A crack of lightning roared someplace close outside and the smell of ozone, damp and woody, fill the small room. Ororo picked up the old school rotary phone next to the television and hurled it at his head.

Logan managed to duck it, and the phone slammed into the door shattering to pieces.

“Calm down!” he demanded, but she was on him then slapping at his face and chest. Logan tried to hold her still but she raged out of control twisting this way and that.

“Stop it! Hey--dammit--Stop!” he said forcing her arms behind her back. Her chest pressed harshly against his as she stared up at him with harsh unwavering sapphire eyes. She wasn’t struggling anymore, just searching his face for answers.

He wanted to kiss her, but he had to go through with this now.

“In a year you’ll forget all about me” he promised, loosening his grip on her.

Ororo shoved him away, her chest swelling with grief.

“I don’t want to.” she said and finally the tears fell, and so did the rain…



TBC w/The Final Chapter of: 6 and ½ Weeks





You must login () to review.