“I feel so bad for Storm; maybe I should go talk to her.” Jubilee said as she stared up at the balcony from the mansion yard. It was just hours ago that they had left Palemicus, the planet Arkon ruled and had asked Storm to rule with him. To everybody’s surprise she had said yes, but they all gave their blessing to her, all except Wolverine who seemed more furious then usual at her sudden engagement. Within days Arkon had imprisoned the X-men and planned on killing them while treating the people of that planet like slaves, and fooling Storm. When they broke out of prison, Wolverine and Beast explained to Storm Arkon’s true nature. Furious, Storm almost destroyed the planet and cancelled their engagement. She had seemed happy to Jubilee, which is why it hurt her even more to see Storm so sad now.

“No kid, she needs to figure this out on her.” Wolverine replied, not taking his eyes off Storm. She wasn’t facing them, but Wolverine knew she was crying, by the smell of saline in the air. It hurt him to see her suffering; she was a good friend and didn’t deserve this.

“I’m going to bed then, goodnight Wolverine.”

“’Night kid.”

Once Jubilee was in the mansion, Wolverine headed up to Storm’s room. He knocked but did not wait for her to open the door. He went in and she was still standing at the balcony, facing the night sky and crying. She was in her nightdress and a silk robe, which blew passed her legs as a warm summer’s breeze blew and it started to drizzle. He realized she did not know he was there. He silently closed the bedroom door and walked towards her.

“How are ya Storm?” he asked as he walked up to her and put his arm on her shoulder gently.
She tried to wipe the tears away before turning to him. “I am such a fool Logan. You tried to warn me, but I did not listen…” Her voice trailed off as she tried to fight back the tears.

Wolverine grabbed her and hugged her tight. Her head buried in his shoulders as she cried. He looked up at the sky and it started to pour, just like the sparkling blue eyes of his beloved friend. “Trust me Storm, you ain’t no fool, and I wasn’t tryin’ to warn ya…I…I just wanted you not to go. I was bein’ selfish ‘Ro and I’m sorry.”

The rain was pelting down harder now, quickly soaking Storm’s nightdress, making it stick to her body. Her nipples showed, and he noticed, but tried not to. He didn’t care how wet he got, Storm was his main focus. She was the one friend who never got angry with him or feared him. She got him, it was that simple. Just her presence comforted him, the others didn’t. He owed her the comfort she always gave him.
Storm looked up at Logan. He was looking at her, heartbroken. She knew he really felt her pain at that moment.

“I am sorry too Logan. You are a good friend, and you know how hard being lonely is…but I guess some of us were meant to be alone. You are not selfish for not wanting to let go of a friend. I know I would not want to either.” She said as she put her palm to the side of his face, and then hugged him tight again, not letting him go.

“You don’t deserve to be alone.” He picked her up and started to carry her back into the room. “Let’s get you out of these clothes before you get sick.” The rain and wind started to let up as he carried into the room.





You must login () to review.