Chapter 4

Over the next few weeks Storm returned to her normal ways. If Wolverine did not come to her room, she would go to his to sleep. She told him she did not like feeling alone still, and he didn’t mind. They did not think it was wise to let the others know of their arrangement, mostly Logan didn’t want to listen to the psycho-analytical crap that Jean and the Professor would say to him or the big-brother macho crap from Scott.

Storm, Logan, Gambit, Rogue and Jubilee just got done with a session in the danger room. Storm was leaning on the metallic wall holding her head, a dizzy spell coming over her again.

“You look like hell doll.” Rogue said flying over to her. “I thought Jean was helping you with that?”

“I am fine Rogue, thank you.” Storm said, still holding her head.

“You mus’ not been sleepin’ well, hey Chere? You come out with Gambit and I cheer you up, no?”

“Back off Gumbo, she said she’s fine!” Wolverine said extracting his claws.

“Obviously Wolverine’s senses not as good as they say, huh.” Gambit said shuffling a deck of cards in his
hand.

“Alright boys, that’s enough.” Rogue said grabbing Storm’s arm. “I’ll take care of ya’ Storm, come on Suga.” She said leading Storm out of the danger room and up towards her room.

Once they got to Storm’s room, Rogue sat her down on her bed.

“Why don’t you tell me what’s going on Storm, you’ve been actin’ strange doll, and you won’t let Jean or Hank take a real good look at ya?”

“I am fine, really Rogue. It is not physical, but mental. I must deal with this on my own. You are a good friend Rogue, but do not worry about me.”

“Well alright, but if it keeps up much longer, promise me you’ll at least let the Professor help ya’ out, he has before.”

“I do not think I will need it, but I promise.” Storm said patting Rogue’s arm. Rogue then got up and left her room.

Wolverine waited until Rogue left her room before going in. Storm was in the bathroom splashing cold water on her face. He knew Storm wasn’t fine, he could sense it, but didn’t know what it was. He knew if it was really serious, Storm would ask for help.

“Storm, how are…” He was interrupted by an attack alarm. They ran into the hall and down towards the conference room with the rest of the X-men. The professor was waiting for them.

“I have just gotten word that a facility containing mutant registration files has been broken into. I fear it may be the friends of humanity. You must leave immediately and stop them before those files fall into the wrong hands.” The Professor said urgently.

“We’re on it Professor.” Scott said as they all started running towards the Blackbird. Wolverine grabbed Storm’s hand before she got on.

“I don’t think you should go.”

“Logan please, do not start acting like the others, I am fine.” She stared at him intensely. He let go of her arm.

“Alright” They boarded the jet and buckled in as it was taking off.

“Why you think Friends of Humanity want mutant files?” Gambit said to no one in general.

“Probably to start attacking mutants, or find out ways to attack them” Scott said while maneuvering the jet.

“I thought the government stopped collecting those files, why were they not destroyed?” Storm asked.

“My hypothesis is that the government has moved the project underground, unofficially allowing it to go on, that is the only clear reason why the files are still kept, no doubt, where the public would not think to look.” Beast chimed in.

“Get ready, we’re here.” Scott said, lowering the jet between trees, where the suspected Friends of Humanity would not see them. He lowered the ramp for them to exit.

“It’s definitely them, I can smell ‘um.” Wolverine said, pointing towards his nose.

“Remember, we’re here to stop them, not kill them.” Scott said, looking at Wolverine.

They ran towards the warehouse, there were at least twenty vans surrounding it, dozens of people running in and out with boxes of files in their hands to load onto the vans.

“Storm provide cover, Gambit and Jubilee, destroy the files. Rogue, Wolverine, Beast and I will stop the Friends of Humanity.” Cyclops commanded.

Storm shook her head and flew above them. Her eyes turned white and fog was suddenly surrounding the area. The rest ran to ambush the Friends of Humanity.
Rogue flew by two men and grabbed them by their jackets, smashing their heads together to lay them unconscious. Wolverine grabbed a driver and through him into another man, while Gambit through a card into the van, waiting for it to explode. Rogue grabbed the van and threw it into the woods, so the explosion would not seriously injure anyone.

“One down, nineteen more to go” Jubilee said excitedly.

“Get down kid!” Wolverine grabbed her and threw her to the ground, covering her. A bullet flew by his ear.

“Oh my” Beast exclaimed.

“No more mister nice guy.” Rogue said as she flew by, grabbed the man’s gun and bent it, then hitting him with it, knocking him unconscious. By this time everyone was aware of the X-men’s presence and became armed and ready to fight.

“Gambit like a little excitement” he said as he threw a glowing card into another man’s van, smiling. The man jumped out of the van and ran just as it exploded.

Jubilee then heard one van trying to start; she snuck around back and towards the driver’s side. “You’re not going anywhere mister!” She then blasted him with her fireworks, temporarily blinding him. Beast then came and threw the man from the van, growling as he did so.

By this time there main concern was destroying the files, there were too many people to fend off, and the situation was getting out of control, quickly. The men started shooting at them while trying to hop into the remaining vans. Storm used an arctic blast of ice to seal off the building, as well as the walkway. This sent the men slipping and sliding, rendering them unable to get to the vans or get a clear shot.

One van tried to drive off, and Cyclops blasted the back tires, sending them screeching into a tree.

“Shoot that weather witch down!” An apparent leader of the FOH shouted, pointing towards Storm, still blasting the walkways with ice.

“Rrrrrrgh, Noooo!” Wolverine’s claws ejected and he jumped on the man, kicking him to the ground and his claws ripped into the man’s arms, pinning him to the ground. The man screamed in agony.

“Logan, look out!” Storm screamed while a man attempted to shoot at Wolverine. Wolverine flipped around and threw the leader up and into the bullet.
The shooter then shot an angry look at Storm and shot at her. She sent a bolt of lightening towards him before the blackness overtook her.





You must login () to review.