Chapter 5

Logan looked and saw Storm falling towards the Earth. He started running towards her, afraid he wouldn’t get there in time.

Gambit jumped up and caught her before she hit the ground. He laid her down and inspected her, but didn’t see any evidence of bullet wounds.

“Wake up Stormy. Gambit is here now” he said shaking her.

“Move over, Gumbo” Wolverine said, pushing him out of the way and grabbing her.

“We need to get her to the Med-lab, Wolverine. Don’t fight Gambit on this one.” He pulled a card from his jacket as a warning.

“Where da ya’ think I’m going?” He said, panting as he ran towards the Blackbird, Gambit and Jubilee following him.

“Look out, lil’ one!” Gambit threw Jubilee to the ground as another bullet buzzed passed them. He grabbed a card out and threw it towards the shooter.

“Thanks Gambit.”

He helped her up and they kept running towards the Blackbird.

Beast was destroying the tires to the vans while Rogue was just destroying the vans. Cyclops was aiming at the vans getting away. In total two vans drove off, with soldiers hanging on them for dear life. A few ran into the woods, shooting aimlessly back at the warehouse as they ran.

“Where are the others?” Beast asked looking around.
“I don’t know, but we have to destroy the rest of those files!” Cyclops said as he faced the warehouse and aimed for it.

On the jet Wolverine was placing Storm on a gurney.
“What happened to her? Gambit don’t understand.”
“I don’t know Gumbo, but we gotta get back quick!”
Storm suddenly jerked up quickly and let out a horrifying scream. She gripped onto Gambit’s jacket while trying to face the pain overcoming her. The clouds started turning black and a storm was approaching.

Blood started soaking between her legs.

“Hang on chere” Gambit said cradling Storm’s face in his jacket, a puzzled and horrifying look on his face as he looked from Storm to Wolverine. “Gambit didn’t see no bullet wound over there, what’s goin’ on?”

“I don’t know Gumbo.” Wolverine started to panic and grabbed the extra com on the jet to get in touch with Cyclops. “Cyke, get back to the jet now, Storm’s hurt, we gotta go!” They heard an explosion, it was the warehouse. Rogue flew Cyclops and Beast back to the jet within seconds.

“What happened?” Cyclops asked and then just stop to stare at Storm, Gambit and Wolverine.

Storm let out a muffled scream before letting go of Gambit’s jacket and blacking out again. The skies turned clear again.

“Storm, wake-up! Help her!” Gambit yelled to Beast.

“Cyclops it is imperative that we leave now” Beast said as he moved quickly towards Ororo. Cyclops shook his head and Rogue took the co-pilot seat.

“Is she gonna…”Jubilee trailed off, tears started to come down her face.

“You don’t worry, Storm is strong, she gonna be okay” Gambit said while stroking Storm’s hair, staring at Jubilee.

The jet took off and Cyclops informed Jean and the Professor to have the Med-lab ready for when they landed. Wolverine was holding Storm’s hand.

“I know you are all concerned, but please, I need space to assess her.” Beast said staring from Wolverine to Gambit. Gambit sat next to Jubilee, staring at Storm. Wolverine sat in a seat across from them, staring at Hank.

Beast had a concerned look on his face. “Her blood pressure has dropped drastically.” He said facing Wolverine.

“What does that mean Hank?”

“We must elevate it quickly…” the jet shook as they landed. Jean and the Professor were waiting at the hanger for their arrival. Cyclops lowered the jet ramp and Beast and Wolverine rolled the gurney off the jet.
Beast took the gurney and he and Jean rushed her to the Med-lab, Wolverine tried to go with them, but the Professor blocked him off.

“I’m sorry Logan, but we can work most efficiently without a full room.” He looked from Logan to the rest of the X-men “When she has stabilized, you can see her.” He quickly exited the room, leaving no time for a rebuttal.


The doors to the Med-lab hissed as Charles entered. “Hank, how is she? What has happened?”

“She has lost a good amount of blood, but we have a done a transfusion, and she is starting to stabilize.”

“How was she wounded?” Charles asked, looking from Storm to Beast.

“Oh…my…” Jean said shocked as she looked at the blood workup.

“What is it Jean?” Charles demanded.

Beast looked at the paper, then to Charles “She…was not wounded Professor.”

“What do you mean?”

“Ororo is pregnant” Beast gulped.

“What! How did this happen? Is the baby alright?”

“One baby is; she lost the other.” Jean said, her eyes starting to tear.

Professor Xavier turned from Jean to Beast “Hank, how far along is she?”

“About eight weeks, Professor.”

“Did she loose the baby from a genetic defect?” the Professor asked, concerned.

“I don’t know Professor, it could also be from Stress or from the attack. We’ll need to run more tests to determine the cause.”

“Why do you think it was genetic Professor?” Jean asked.

“Arkon was not from this planet, we do not know how his DNA would match up.”

“Arkon professor? I know she accepted his proposal early, but you think Ororo would move so quickly that way?” Beast asked, trying to defend Ororo’s hasty decision.

“Hank, the timing does match.” Jean exclaimed.

“We do not tell the others, not until Storm knows and makes a decision” the Professor commanded. “She may loose the other one, keep a close eye on her Hank and tell me when she wakes up.” The doors hissed as he left the Med-lab.





You must login () to review.