Chapter 6


Wolverine and the others were waiting in the hall in front of the med-lab when the Professor exited.

“How is she Professor?” Jubilee asked.

“She has started to stabilize, but she is not out of the clear yet.”

“Can we see her?” Jubilee asked.

“What happened Professor?” Rogue asked.

“I am not at liberty to discuss that right now, we must wait until Storm wakes up before we can know anything else.”

“Somethin’ ain’t right here…”Wolverine growled as he looked at the Professor.

“When I can tell you more, I will. You can see her, but please do not take too long, she has not woken up yet.” Charles left and headed towards the elevator. Scott followed him.

“Professor, Storm wasn’t shot.”

“No, she wasn’t Scott.” He said as he hit the button to the elevator.

“Where was the blood coming from then?”

“Scott, I have already told you, I cannot say at this moment.” The elevator doors opened and the Professor headed towards his office. Scott stayed in the elevator, waiting for it to go back down.


Gambit, Rogue and Jubilee visited Storm for a few minutes, before Jean asked them to leave.

“I don’t get why they can’t tell us?” Jubilee said puzzled as the doors to the med-lab opened.

“Trust me chere, Stormy tell us everythin’ when she’s ready…” Gambit replied.

Wolverine was staring in the med-lab, but waited for the others to leave before entering.

“What’s goin’ on?” He demanded as he walked in.

Hank and Jean looked up at him from Storm’s chart. “I do not know everything yet, Logan” Hank replied.

Wolverine sat down next to Storm and took her hand “You know more then you’re sayin’.”

“Please Wolverine…”Hank put his hand up to silence him, but Storm started to wake. She blinked several times before realizing where she was.

Jean telepathically told the Professor Storm was awake.

“Why am I here?” she asked while trying to sit up and become more comfortable. She placed her hand on her stomach as a pain shot through and reminded her. She gripped Logan’s hand.

“What’s the matter?” Wolverine jumped up and placed his other hand on her back, rubbing it lightly.

“I am okay now,” she sighed as she breathed heavy waiting for the pain to subside.

“Logan, we need to talk with Storm privately, you can come back in a few minutes.”

“I ain’t goin’ anywhere Jean!”

“I am sorry, but Storm is a patient with privacy rights, which I do not want to violate.” Hank said.

“Please Hank, Jean. I do not mind if Logan is present. You are all my family, I have no secrets with you.”
Storm pleaded. Hank and Jean just looked at each other, then back to Storm.

“Storm, you are sure you’re okay with him being here?” Jean cautiously asked.

“You deaf Jean? She said she ain’t got a problem.” Wolverine snapped at her.

“Storm, when were you with Arkon?” Hank asked, sitting down to hold Storm’s hand.

“I do not understand, the same time you were with him Hank?”

“Ororo, my dear friend, I mean intimately. I would not ask such a personal question if it was not important.”

“I was never intimate…we shared a kiss, but…have I contracted an illness?”

“Storm, we know you were intimate.” Jean piped in.

Storm just looked at them confused. Logan was still holding her hand.

“Ororo, you conceived during your time their. You are approximately eight weeks into your pregnancy.” Hank rubbed her other hand soothingly.

“I…am pregnant?” Storm asked, just staring at Hank.

“Yes Ororo, you are with child, which is why I need to know when you were with Arkon, to know your true conception date, and for genetic testing.”

“I..was not…” she did not know how to tell them.

“She wasn’t with him!” Wolverine yelled, holding Ororo and unleashing a claw towards Hank.

“Logan, she is pregnant, you must understand…” Hank tried to convince him.

“She was with me!” he yelled.

Their mouths dropped as the Professor entered the room.





You must login () to review.