Storm entered her second trimester with no issues. The team had been doing extra trainings and no additional information about the Friends of Humanity had been found out by the team.

Storm entered the war room looking for Professor X, instead she found Gambit. "Well, well, long time no see Ma'Cherie. You lookin' good these days, Storm."

"Thank you Gambit. I do feel disconnected from the team these days. I was hoping I would find Charles in here."

"You no have to worry about us, we be fine. You just worry about that little one you carryin'." He said nonchalantly as he shuffled a deck of cards in his hands.

"He's right, Storm. That is your main priority for now." Professor X said in the doorway as he entered the war room.

"Professor. That's what I was looking to discuss with you. I am not disabled, I am pregnant. Even if I cannot go on missions, I should be able to help the team in some way. Now that I'm further along, Hank is not as concerned with my pregnancy. Please Charles, I cannot just sit around the mansion all day. As second in command I must assist the team."

"I understand your boredom, Storm. Perhaps you could assist Jean and I in monitoring the Friends of Humanity and finding out what they needed with those files?"

"Yes, I would love to help, Charles."

"Maybe she train us in the Danger Room too, no? Give us some good pointers?"

"Perhaps she can from the control room, Gambit. Let's not push too much on her for now."

Six hours later Storm was still in the war room going through all the news reports that may have been linked to the Friends of Humanity. "You have to eat for two now, remember?" Wolverine said as he brought her dinner. "It's almost eight."

"Thank you, Logan. I have not forgotten."

"Any progress?"

"Nothing yet. If Jean and Professor cannot track them with Cerebro, I'm not sure how much help I could be."

"Well you just focus on keeping yourself healthy. Those chumps can wait." He pulled a chair up and sat with her while she had dinner".

"Who wants pickles and ice cream?!" Jubilee exclaimed as she came in the room.

"Jubilee, thank you but that is just an old wives tale." She said as she laughed.

"Suit yourself, it's pretty good!" She shoveled a scoop of ice cream in her mouth. "Whatcha doing eating dinner in here anyway?"

"I was just reviewing news reports, my child."

"Of my old doctor getting robbed?"

"What old doctor?" Storm questioned, looking from Jubilee back to the tv screen.

"The doctor that they said got robbed, Dr. Bilkins. My foster parents took me to him when my powers emerged. They wanted to, like, stop me from being a mutant."

"What did this doctor do, Jubilee?"

"Nothing." She said, eating another spoonful of ice cream. "He took some blood, but I never went back. Gave me the creeps."

"I see." Storm said with a look on her face.

"What is it, Storm?"

"There were a few medical offices broken into, but I did not think much of it."

"What kind of medical offices?"

"Just small, independently run offices."

"Well, if you guys are just gonna talk work, I'm gonna go back to the kitchen." Jubilee said with her bowl in hand.

"Goodnight, Jubilee"

"Yeah, goodnight kid." Wolverine got up and grabbed their dirty plates. "It's gettin' late, you need your sleep. This is the first time you've worked like this in awhile."

"I'll be up shortly, Logan. I want to take a few more notes." She said as she rewound the tape she was watching.


Logan rolled over and felt the emptiness of her side of the bed. It was midnight. He threw the sheets off him and went downstairs to the war room to look for Ro. She was there, notes everywhere. She was asleep at the table. He picked her up and carried her upstairs. He noticed the slightest baby bump as be held her. It was becoming more real every day. He smiled a little. He put her to bed and kissed her forehead. "Night Ro."


The next morning Jean went into the war room and saw the notes everywhere. She started going through all of them. Charles entered and saw Jean's concerned look on her face. "What is it, Jean?"

"Mutant doctors. They've been targeting mutant doctors."

"What?" He said as he went up to the table and looked at the notes. "What do you mean, mutant doctors?"

"Doctors trying to experiment or stop mutants from developing is what she means." Storm said as she entered the room. "Jubilee notified me one of the medical offices that were broken into was an old doctor she was forced to go to. Seven doctor's offices have been broken into since our last run-in with the Friends of Humanity. When I looked these doctors up, they all were known for MST, Mutant Suppression Therapy."

"That's where they use chemo and other drugs to stop mutants from developing their full powers at puberty." Jean said.

"Which means they had files of mutants and their powers." Charles exclaimed. "Do we know of any other doctors that practice MST that haven't been victimized, yet?"

"I did not get that far, but Professor, this doctor had taken blood from Jubilee."

"They're probably trying to define the genes that makes mutant, and suppress us, or worse, identify a mutant before their powers even show. I should have picked up on this sooner." Charles sighed to himself.

"MST is relatively new, and neither one of us picked up on it, Charles." Jean said with notes in both her hands.

"We must get a list of the remaining doctors practicing this and stake out their offices."

"I will work on that this morning, Professor" Storm said from the doorway.


The Professor called an emergency meeting at ten that morning in the war room. "We believe we've discovered a pattern with the Friends of Humanity. They've been targeting doctors specializing in mutant suppression therapy. They've hit seven of them, and we've identified four more in the city." Charles stated to the group.

"Suppression? Gambit don't like the sound of that."

"They can really suppress our powers?" Rogue asked.

"At puberty, they believe they can stunt it. It has not been proven as they are basically irradiating the entire body with drugs, none which specifically target mutant genes. The idea is to treat the patient before the powers fully develop, essentially stunting the mutant gene. I believe their alternative motive is to get our dna and eventually target mutants as children and treat them before any signs of being a mutant develops."

"This treatment is highly experimental and not approved for any human or mutant use. The side effects could be catastrophic" Beast chimed in.

"Yes, further more, I believe these offices are being targeted for mutant files. There are two offices on the east side and two on the west. I want them staked out between 10pm and 2am. Cyclops, Rogue and Gambit will take the East side. Beast, Jean and Wolverine will take the west side."

"What about me, Professor?" Jubilee asked. "I'm not a kid anymore, I can help."

"No Jubilee, you stay here with Storm and myself. We will be monitoring the police scanners and news reports. We will start monitoring tonight until further notice."





You must login () to review.