Chapter 2: Sleep/Rest? HA!

Logan was just finishing up the kitchen counters, as he smiled softly at the memory of what had just happened. Ororo entered the kitchen quietly, and looked over at Logan to see that he was smiling at nothing, and he seemed to be staring off into space. So, she stealthily sneaked up behind him, and wrapped her arms around his waist and whispered, “What is the great memory that is making our Logan smile?”

When he felt someone placing her arms around his waist, he dropped the dishrag on the counter and turned around, giving her a shit-eating grin, “Nothin’ darlin’…” He pulled her a bit closer to him and whispered, “Shouldn’t ya be in bed?”

Ororo smiled innocently, “I can get around just fine Logan… Have you finished cleaning our mess?”

Logan smiled down at her, and finished wrapping his arm around the rest of her petite form. “Actually, I jus did; the room is spotless! Now, let’s get ya to bed…” For some reason, his hand then moved over to her cheek, to brush some hair out of her face. He retracted his hand almost immediately, and looked at her. She looked dazed, like she wasn’t herself, and completely out of it. “Ro’ yer burnin’ up!”

Logan went to take her pulse, but she swatted his hand away, finally admitting to him, “It is a tad bit warm in here…”

He looked at her suspiciously as she began to sway a bit, “How are ya really feelin’, Ro?”

She looked up at him; he had been a completely different person now than he was less than two hours ago! Why? Why did he suddenly care? Why was he caring for her when she was completely capable of taking care of herself?

She shook her head slightly, and quietly replied to his question “You are that concerned? Well, if you must know, my head is spinning… and… and… I am having chills, but at the same time I feel like I am inside an oven.”

Worry made itself appear on the face of the gruff man, as he decided to tighten his grip around his waist “Are ya dizzy ‘Ro?”

“M’juss fine…” She replied, her way of speaking slight slurred as she laughed nervously.

Logan gazed at her was she began to lean on him a bit more, and he put both his hands on her cheek to try and steady her, “Are you sure Ro’?”

She put her freezing cold hands on his. By now, her eyes were half closed by now, and her speech slurring much worse “M-maybe… It’d b-be a good idea… I-if I sat down a moment…”

The unwell Weather Goddess began to feel weak, and she reclined her body against his for the support that she needed, that at the moment she did not have. Logan lifted her, ever so slightly, and with one arm around her waist, and another holding her elbow as he guided her through the swinging doors and toward the den.

He caught her suddenly as her legs finally gave out on her. Dammit! I should get her to her bedroom instead of the couch. He thought and picked her up slowly, not wanting to make her dizzier than she already was.

Ororo abruptly noticed what was going on, and began to protesting instantly, “Oh… Logan… No, d-don’t… I’m fine… J-just put me down, I’ll walk…”

“Are y’kiddin’ Ro? Ya practically just crumbled onta me… I don’t mind carryin’ ya anyway,” he argued back, whispering the last part.

Pulling out of his embraced, she shook her head saying that she was fine enough to walk. But when she did stand on her own, she started to stumble because of how weak she was. After hearing her mutter something about just being a little bit dizzy, Logan shook his head in dismay, sighing in frustration, “Nah, it’s not darlin’! So here’s what yer gonna do… Yer gonna swallow yer damn pride, and yer gonna let me carry ya upstairs, got it?”

Ororo looked at him, surprised at the tone he was using with her! Angrily, she looked at him raising her voice “Logan, I do not need your help! I can ta--” She was cut off by her own cough attacking her.

Logan went over to her and patted her back softly, all the anger he had been directing toward her just seemed to have dissolved. As her cough became worse, she was just barely able to rasp out, “Can you…*cough, cough* …Some… *cough, cough, cough* wa... ter…”

He nodded, and helped her sit on the couch. After having her seated, he quickly put his hand on her forehead. Frowning, he went into the kitchen to get her a glass of water. While in there, Logan realized that Ororo would raise hell against getting some rest, so he opened a cabinet door, and brought out a small bottle. Pouring two pills into the glass of water, he waited for them to liquefy, before going back to her. She accepted the glass appreciatively. Drinking it she winced as it assaulted her tender throat again, “Thank… you… Logan…”

Logan nodded, “Don’t mention it… I’m here to look after ya, ‘Ro, at least lemme carry ya yer room.”

She struggled to stand a bit and looking into his large, deep brown eyes, and gulped “Alright Logan…”

Picking her up slowly, making sure she’s comfortable in his arm. She shivered slightly, and Logan asked her is she was cold and she shook her head. He gave her a lopsided grin, “Alright darlin’, tell me when you get uncomfortable…”

She nodded and closed her eyes as Logan’s soft pacing and heartbeat lulled her to sleep. He watched the rise and fall of her chest before continuing to the staircase. As he climbed the stairs, she began to fidget, and mumble thing in Swahili. To try and calm her, he brought up on of his hands, and brushed away a strand of hair from her face, while he watched her relax slightly; he planted a kiss on her forehead and continued up the stairs.





You must login () to review.