After his conversation with Ororo, Scott decided to seek out Logan. Of course, it wasn’t hard to find him at this hour. He went to the wolverine’s favorite place; the danger room. Scott waited outside the doors for Logan to finish up a simulation. It wasn’t long before the doors opened and out came a rather sweaty Logan.

“Scooter.” Logan grunted.

“Logan, just the man I was looking for.”

“What can I do for ya?” Logan asked.

“Well, I really just need to talk to you since you plan on marrying the woman whom I consider to be my sister.” Scott started off. “At first, I was pissed off. God knows how well you and I get along. Now I am not quite as angered, after I spoke with her. Frankly, you make her happy. Logan, I have known her for most of my life and I have never seen her this happy. And, well, I guess what I’m really trying to say is that, well, I am happy for you. I also want to thank you.”

“Thank me? Fer what?”

“Yes, thank you. For being there for Ororo when I wasn't. Helping her with everything. Anyways, back to my point. Now before we end this little conversation, do you really love her?”

At this Logan was pissed. How dare someone question his love for Ororo. It took all the strength and self control he had to keep the beast tamed. Scott seemed to notice the instant mood swing and quickly added on to his question.

“I mean, Logan, you claimed to be so in love with Jean.” He paused after saying his beloved’s name. “I just want to make sure your feelings are genuine.”

“There’s a difference between love and lust, boy scout. Now, don’t get me wrong, I cared for Jeannie. I always will. I cared and lusted for her. I was so wrong to mistake that fer love. I never loved her the way you do or the way I love Ororo. Now, Ro.” Logan smiled at her name. “Ro, is a whole different story. She completes me. She gives me a reason ta live. If someone were ta tell me I could have all the answers ta my past if I were to give her up, I’d tell ‘em to shove it up their ass. Nothin’ else matters to me, expect her.”

Scott was really taken back. He could tell that Logan meant every word he just said. He knew exactly how Logan felt. With that, Scott had a new respect for Logan.

“Well then, all I have to say is congratulations.”

“Thanks. Now, I’m gonna hit the showers. How about after that you and me take the day to get reacquainted?” Logan offered.

“Sounds great.”
…………

Twenty minutes later Scott and Logan could be found walking through the halls of the school. At the start Logan did most of the talking. He told Scott about everything that has changed since he was last here. When he finished Scott was just quiet. He had shown no emotion or anything.

“So, how ya feeling?” Logan asked, surprising himself. Since when did he give a rats ass?

“As best as can be expected. It’s hard you know? Knowing she’s gone. I know that now, after Alkali. I have to accept that. I really am starting to. And I hate that.” Scott felt a lump form in his throat. He waited a few minutes before starting again. “I feel like I’m betraying her. I feel so empty and lost without her.”

Logan could not even begin to imagine what his companion was feeling. He could see the pain etched all over Scott's face and smell the agony he felt.

“If anyone would want ya ta move on with yer life it would be Jeannie. She knows, as well as everyone else, that ya wouldn’t be betraying her. She’d want ya ta be happy. She will live on through her family and friends.”

Scott knew Logan was right. It still wasn’t going to be easy, but he had to move on. Deep down, he knew he owed that to Jean.
……………
Elsewhere

“So once I give the orders, we will attack. They will all suffer. No one will be left standing. Then the X-Men will be no more, my brotherhood.”

Yes, that was his plan; to make them suffer. They ruined his life. He had lost his powers, his cause. Once again, something was taken from him. Although they came back, he was going to make sure that everyone involved in his temporary handicap would pay. Yes, Magneto was going to have his revenge.





You must login () to review.