There she was; right in front of him. Five long years all he could do was hope that she was alive and now he was leaning into her nurturing touch. How he had longed to hold her, catch her scent, and see her; it was finally happening. If his senses weren’t so keen he would have thought this was a dream.

“Ro,” he finally broke the silence, “you’re alright.”

“I am. I just, I can’t believe it’s you. After all of these years.” She uttered.

Before she could speak again, he enveloped her into a passionate kiss. It was just as she remembered; rough yet gentle at the same time. Heated and full of love and need. Having him back, being kissed like that was almost painful. It was too good to be true. How she missed his embrace and touch. Leila. Having the thought of their daughter in her mind, Ororo broke from the kiss.

“Logan. There is something I need to tell you.” She started, but wasn’t exactly sure how to go on. How exactly was she to continue?

“Ro, you know you can tell me anything.” The rugged man declared noticing her uncertainty.

She nodded, then took a deep breath and continued. “Logan, we have a child together, a little girl. You have a daughter.”

A daughter. Now this little bit of information was certainly not something he expected. Logan wasn’t even sure if he could be a good father. Shit, he couldn’t even remember his own father and wasn’t that where most men learn how to be a dad? Then again, he never planned on having a relationship, or for that matter, fall in love with someone. He could do this. Especially if this child was not only his, but belonged to the goddess in front of him. Even though Logan never met his child, he loved her. He was excited to be her father and to meet her. When the realization sank in, as well as the joy, he turned to face the mother of his child. Expecting to see her brilliant smile, he frowned noticing a somber look on her face. Something wasn’t right. There was more to the story.

“What else is there ya got ta tell me Ro?”

“Logan,” her voice cracked as she fought back the tears, but failed miserably. Seeing the love of his life sobbing hysterically was like taking a knife in the gut. Logan instantly enwrapped her in his arms and did his best to comfort her.

“Ororo, did she,” Logan felt a lump form in his throat and his heart ache, “pass away?”

Shaking her head in response, “No. Well, I don’t know. She was kidnapped. Scott, Jean and I were sent on a mission. We were supposed to recover a mutant that had been detained, but it was all a hoax. We were set up. So we rushed back here only to find everyone, including the Professor, unconscious a-and, that’s, t-that is when she went missing.”

Ororo was trying her best to regain her composure, but it was no good. All the pain came rushing back just by telling the short SparkNotes version of the story. The harder she weeped the tighter Logan’s hold became. The two sat there together and cried. They mourned for their missing child and their time apart. This was something they both needed more than anyone. Neither Ororo or Logan express their feelings, let alone cry, as often as one should. Sharing such an intimate moment together was in it’s own way comforting.

After the crying had ceased they sat in Professor Xavier’s office for an hour in comfortable silence. Neither one of the room’s occupants said a word. They were both lost in their own thoughts. All Logan could think about was what he was going to do to the bastards that took his child. He’d gut every single one of them for the pain they caused Ororo and now himself. And so help them, if one hair on his daughter’s head was every out of place. Then it hit him, he didn’t even know her name.

“What’s her name?” Logan broke the silence after letting his curiosity get the best of him.

“Leila.” Ororo smiled as the name left her lips, as well as Logan.

“What’s she look like?”

“She gorgeous, Logan. Come,” she said while standing, “ I’ll show you pictures.”





You must login () to review.