Author's Chapter Notes:
As always I do not own these characters, just asked them to come out and play for a while and enjoyed all the time we had together.
“ORORO N’DARE MUNROE HOWLETT! Get yer sweet as…, butt out here!” he amended his word. Logan’s booming voice carried in from the mansions eastern door. All heads within hearing turned toward the appearance of the scowling faced Wolverine. His temper was something of note, but never with the white haired goddess known as his wife of nearly a year. Immediately every mind set to wondering what could have the Wolverine so upset with the one person he loved more than life itself.

“Where is she,” he bellowed to no one in particular as he continued his stomp into the mansion. Every one within his company quickly found something else to be of intense interest if his gaze fell to them with the unwanted precarious question. Self preservation from him and his wife was immediately brought to the forefront.

Logan chewed the Cuban in one corner of his mouth vigorously, demonstrating his level of frustration.

Pete had the unfortunate luck to come down the stairs just as Logan was making his way to the upper levels.

A grump and a growl proceeded from Logans mouth before audible words, “She up there tin-man?”

Unafraid though infinitely wise Peter shook his head in the affirmative.

“Humph”, not a thank you or any other words, just a doubled pace to his intended quest.

In no time at all Logan was at his destination. The attic door was closed, but not for long. In one slam it opened to allow him entry to what was still his wife’s private sanctuary. Charles hadn’t the heart to give it to anyone else since her marriage to Logan and their occupancy of the boathouse. It would forever be hers at her disposal.

“Have you lost your mind husband. Do I barge in on you in the garage?” she said with her arms crossed, standing near the balcony doors.

“Yeah”, the cigar moved to the other side of his mouth still agitated.

“Well do I scream for you all over creation when I am not aware of where you are?”

“Yeah, ya do.”

“I certainly do not let it be known to the entire school and the goddess that you have vexed me in some unknown manner.” she huffed.

“With lightening strikes and roarin’ thunder darlin’,” his eyes shone with an eerie light.

“Humph, well I have not lost my mind. I was going to tell you…”

“When after the damage has already been done. What is this darlin’ some kinda payback.”

“Do not think me so petty Logan how was I to know that TeeBee would do such a thing.” she said, raising one plucked brow as she had learned to do from him, but something else danced behind her baby blues.

Logan looked at her as if she had grown a foot in the middle of her forehead.

TeeBee, why was she talking about Mofo’s mate she had adopted as her own. Sure TeeBee and Logan didn’t exactly get along, much like Mofo and Ro at first, but he wasn’t aware of any new wrongdoing to himself from the mutt.

“What the hell are ya talking about Ro, what has yer bitch gone and done to my shit now?”

‘Oh damn’ she thought. She had reacted to the wrong oops. She was a smart woman she could cover two major faux pas with one stone if she played it just right.

Slowly she sauntered to where he stood, adding an extra sway to her curvaceous hips, her mind backpedaling all the way to find an escape for her self set trap.

“You know husband, TeeBee is only being possessive of Mofo the same as you are with all you love and care for. She cannot help that she has a hard time sharing him with you. After all you do not share me with anyone.”

“And I never will! Yer mine.” he said impassioned. “But there is a difference darlin’, Mofo aint gotta worry about my wanting to sleep with ‘The Bitch’,” hence her name TeeBee, “you on the other hand are quite different where me and every other living male is concerned.”

“Oh Logan please! That is not true and it does not change the fact that you are the only one I want.” they now stood embracing, with her playing with a lock of his hair in one dainty hand.

“I better be, but that doesn’t change why I came lookin’ fer ya and my curiosity now over what yer dog has done.”

She pulled away, walking back toward the balcony, “It is but a small thing Logan a trifle really,…”, she glanced back over her shoulder, hesitating.

A raised brow and arms crossing his chest, greeted her sight.

Damn the man was stubborn, not to mention sexy as hell.

Feeling none of the bravado she was about to display, she threw caution to the wind and went for it.

Bracing her hands on her hips and solidly planting her feet she squared her shoulders, “I am not getting ready to do anything now that I have not done a hundred times before…”

She heard the start of his rumbling growl in his chest, but she forged ahead.

“…I have never known you to turn down so simple a mission and besides that Kitten and Scott will be with me. It will be a piece of cake and I shall be back in your arms before you will even miss me.” She was speaking so fast and looking everywhere but at him that she missed the incredulous shit eating look he was giving her.

“Ya’ve gone and done it Ro, you’ve lost yer damn mind if ya think I’m letting ya do this.”

“Oh is that what we have come to now dear husband…you Let me do things?”

“Don’t go there Ro, that’s not a road ya want ta travel” his mind and hers immediately went to his own bachelor party and his restrictions per her. His poker night with the guys and his restrictions per her. His wanderlust at an end per her. The lessening of his alcohol consumption; per her. His tethering during missions per her orders and much more too numerous to think on. Damn,…the woman had tamed the Wolverine, somewhat. She needn’t know how he almost always ignored her restrictions.

Shit! Change tactics she thought. The first words coming to her mind reminded her she was definitely married to the Wolverine. Never before had she thought with profanity leading the way.

“You know I deny you nothing that you truly desire dear heart,…”

Yep she was nuts.

“… so just in this I want you to be in accordance with my position in the X-men.” she again found herself sauntering towards him to wrap her silken arms about his neck and nuzzle his nose with her own.

Soft pecks were placed upon his jaw, to the corners of his mouth till she took both of his lips with persistant pressure.

Logan let her persuade him to her hearts content, enjoying her attempt. He loosened his tight jaws and line of his lips, feeling the quick smile she let slip to her own lips upon his.

He let her cajoling carry on till he knew she thought she had won him over.

Releasing their contact, he put her at arms length, a slow smile working the corners of his mouth. Hers in return was seductive yet coy.

“It aint happening!”

“Oooffhhh!” she exclaimed, throwing her arms up in frustration, “you cannot stop me. You are still the most infuriating, pigheaded man I have ever met!”, childishly she stamped her foot, after acting the siren.

Logan threw his head back and laughed. “Ya wanna bet…” the most evil grin she had ever seen him give graced his face slowly …”I’m gonna tell Chuck!” and with that he started backing out of the room, wisely keeping an eye on her before turning his back to her.

“You would not dare!” she yelled after him as he quickly left the room.

“Why you… I’m glad TeeBee pooped in your helmet and used your jacket as a pee pad.” she whispered, not sure if he was still close enough to hear her.

---

“You wanted to see me Charles” Ororo said entering the same office she had over a year ago to get her sentence of banishment with Logan, who once again was leaning in much the same position against the fireplace, with a smirk on his face she wanted to wipe off.

“Please Ororo, take a seat.” Charles gestured to the same electric chair she had sat in back then.

Once again Scott stood beside the Professor, this time his hands casually linked behind his back his face unreadable.

Ororo took in the air in the room and knew the jig was up, Logan had spilled the beans.

“Charles,” she began, not waiting for him to start this time, “you do not have to be concerned about me, you know that being an X-man is a priority with me and that I would never do anything to put anyone or myself in harms way.”

“Ororo please, if I may. You do not have to tell me the care that you take for yourself or others, but in this I have to be in agreement with Logan.”

She looked to Scott.

Scott looked to one of the windows a small smile playing at his lips.

“Traitor.” she mouthed.

Logan snorted.

“I will not be sidelined!”

“Ororo.”

“I should have been the one to tell you.”

“Yes you should have been, but in light of the fact that you did not, you are off active duty. Immediately.”

“That is not fair. It is still early.”

“Logan stood straight and growled.”

Scotts brows rose above his visor as he began to softly whistle.

“Still not a chance I am willing to take with my first grandchild.

The wind left her sails.

“But dad, I…”

“Ororo listen to me. I understand the influence you could have in this mission to Wakanda and its positive outcome. But the risks of where it will take you from there to the war torn countries surrounding it is not a position I want you or my unborn grandchild to be in. Had I known earlier I would not have asked you to take part in such a mission, even at the refusal of Prince T‘Challa‘s request.”

“Tell her Chuck”

Scott unavoidably laughed out loud.

Ororo glared at both him and Logan.

Charles ignored the antics in the room, “My being aware of your childhood relationship with the Prince certainly spurred my agreement with the Wakandan nation that your assistance would prove invaluable, but the safety of you and your child are more valuable to your husband, myself, Scott and the team. You can always revisit old acquaintances at your leisure at a more appropriate time in a safer environment.
“Or never at all.” Logan grumbled.

Again Scott smirked.

Ororo hung her head. She knew this was a battle she was not going to win. With a heavy sigh she rose to leave.

“Please Ororo I know that you would love to visit Africa again. Do not count this a punishment, but the concern of an old man who longs to hold you and your baby close just long enough to know that no harm will come to either of you. I trust you completely. It is the world in turmoil that I do not. Don’t begrudge me my own insecurities in that aspect, after all I am only a father.”

His words no longer allowed her to just leave. She turned and walked over to him behind the desk, elbowing Scott in the side in passing. Bending down she and Charles exchanged a warm embrace and kindly kisses upon each others cheeks.

“For you dad, anything.” Her anger continued to simmer, evidenced by the darkening sky outside and the roaring of thunder in the distance.

She stood to once again leave, giving him her lovely smile. As she passed Scott, he was rewarded with a tight pinch to his arm and a pursed lip scowl was thrown in Logan’s direction.

Once she was out of the room the men all exhaled deeply.

Scott looked at Logan pointedly, who now flopped in the chair she had left empty. “You are a dead man, you know that right?”

“Shut the hell up, don’t remind me.”

The Professor pulled out a bottle of brandy from the bottom drawer of his desk. Scott procured three snifters from the side bar, all waited till Charles poured hefty drams in each. With raised glasses in silent toast they threw their heads back and savored the warm liquor.

Silence filled the room for a brief moment as thoughtful smiles crept up on each of their faces, followed by happy laughter from each.

---

As Logan approached the boathouse he heard the sounds of heavy panting coming from the bushes to the left of the porch. He didn’t need to be completely sober or psychic to know that Mofo and TeeBee were going at it …again! “Good boy,” he slurred.

Entering the house there were lamps still lit leading to the stairs. No matter how angry she was at him, he was always welcomed in his own home.

With steps that were slightly askew, he made his way up the stairs to the master bedroom. The sconce on his side of the bed was still lit, but the curvaceous form under the cover on the opposite side had its back turned to it.

Uncaring he sat his heavy bulk down hard on the bed, wavering as he lifted his leg to take off one shoe then the other. He had won a victory today, a rarity against the woman behind him and he was going to savor it for as long as he could unhindered by thoughts of her retaliation.

Knowing her as well as he did, he knew she wasn’t asleep by the sound of her breathing. The hour was late, way late, but again he didn’t care, the copious amounts of alcohol he had drank with the encouragement from the men in the mansion, especially Scott, had spurred on his current episode of rebellion toward the woman laying in his bed.

Not to mention he was going to be a father. A father. So hell yeah he celebrated the way every man on the face of the earth did who was happy about it. He got as shit faced, stinking drunk as he possibly could. Of course Scott helped him along tremendously. The bastard,…no no, the buddy, no ... the bastard. Oh hell he couldn’t think straight.

As with every night he got under the covers devoid of a single stitch of clothing. After much persuasion he had convinced Ororo to start sleeping the same as himself. So he thought, in actuality she had always done so, as she hated being entangled during her sleep in night clothes.

Still not caring one iota about the wrath he knew he was going to face, his resolve still strengthened by alcohol, he snuggled close to her wrapping her in his arms and breathing heavily into her hair.

“You stink, and I hate you!” was punctuated with a backwards elbow to his ribs.

“No ya don’t darlin, ya love me more than you can say, the same as I love you and I feel like celebratin’.”

Quickly she turned around to face him still locked in his arms, “Now who has lost their mind,… I said I hate you and you will not touch me.”

“Ya mean like this,” his hands wandered from her back to cup and squeeze her irresitable derierre, already a growl escaping him as he pulled her closer to his already turgid manhood.

“You really are despicable and out of line and totally unfair and stinking and…”

Her next words were captured by his mouth passionately conquering her own. He knew his battle was won when her attempt to keep him at bay quickly weakened to puny pushes upon his chest.

“You were sayin’ darlin,” he teased.

Breathlessly she answered all the fight gone from her, “I hate…you” even still she nibbled his neck, unable to break contact with him and the fire he had stoked.

“Then hate me a little while longer darlin. Did I ever tell ya how unbelievably hot ya are when I get ya good and pissed. All that rage ya throw at me just makes me know ya were made fer me and me fer you. Nobody else could ever get inta my heart the way ya have. And even though I know ya love me with every part of ya, I don’t mind the heat of yer temper, and oh yes ya do have one darlin,” he nibbled the tip of her nose at her look of unbelief she was giving him.

She knew he spoke the truth, so she gave herself over to the inevitable. Her consuming love and sometimes rage filled passion for him.

The flame of their coupling was fueled by words unusual to their mating dance.

‘I hate you’, hate me more' , became the bellows to their fire. Over and over it was repeated, with overwhelming vehemence, till the bliss of their joining was complete.

Laying sated in each others arms, softly she said, “You deserve only the best things in life my heart, no matter what your past has been ,” tenderly she cradled her still flat abdomen, “and you have given me a part of yourself that can only make me love you more.”

Gently he stroked her hair from her face and the man that had thought himself undeserving of love whispered to his heart that beat outside of his chest, within his arms, “If I had ta fight forever ta hold ya fer just one day I would do it over and over again fer a thousand lifetimes. And if I could stop Mofo from getting into yer unmentionables I wouldn’t. I owe him a debt fer getting me a summers confinement with ya. He got yer rage ta open a door fer me inta yer heart and that’s the only place I want ta be. I love ya Mrs. Howlett, raging temper and all.


Chapter End Notes:
This has been a longer journey than I anticipated, but I would like to thank all of you who stuck with me to the end. Your faithfulness to read and when you had the chance to review, have meant a lot to me. You were the reason I determined to see this through. MY Rolo family rocks and is truly the best. AngelAloft



You must login () to review.