Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry about the loll in updating, but it couldn't be helped. Thank you to all who are reading and reviewing. Hope you like this new chapter.

Still don't own so please don't sue
Four long days. That is how long she'd had to endure their own little confinement of rehabilitation and it wasn't getting any easier

With every minute that passed she wanted to kick, throw or completely demolish something. She had come to the conclusion that Charles and Scott were playing a cruel joke on her and she didn't find it funny in the least!

The Monday folowing the cookout she and Logan had been ushered to the boathouse by Scott. The house was located at the lake but not on the waters edge, thus it wasn't a boathouse in the literal sense. Actually it was a quaint two story home that boasted an inviting porch and bay windows and was situated about fifty yards from the lake. At first glance it was obvious that the house was older than the mansion. The outer condition of wear seemed to be minimal. Maybe a fresh coat of paint with some shutters mended along with quite a few porch rails replaced was all the initial repairs that were required. With a relief Ororo exhaled, possibly Jean was right and this wouldn't be so bad after all.

However her relief was short lived. As soon as she stepped onto the porch and almost fell through, with Logan catching her and releasing her rather abruptly to Scotts arms, it was all down hill from there. Stepping inside had nearly caused her to hyperventilate. She was positive she was being punked and started looking around for the cameras. What lay before her eyes was beyond anything she had imagined. It looked as if she had turned a tornado loose and let it rampage till it fizzled out. There was nothing endearing about the stained and ravaged hardwood floors or the walls rife with holes. The place smelled like more than a few animals had found refuge within it on a frequent basis. If she wanted Logan to throw his head back and laugh at her she would have cried on the spot. She wasn't about to give him the satisfaction.

As things now stood she and Logan had puttered around the house avoiding each other like the plague, doing whatever odds and ends they could till the plumbing and electrical contractors could complete their work, which they had been informed, would be in a couple of days. Both teams had been working on the dwelling prior to the two X-mens arrival. Their soon departure was fine with Logan, seeing as how he could barely stand their constant ogling of Ro instead of keeping their focus on their work.

To stay out of the way Ororo had taken to tending to the yard and its landscaping, enjoying the comfort of being outside and the feel of the earth in her hands.

Logan had started the repairs to the outside of the structure telling himself it was the most logical place to begin with the men occupying the inside. Never would he admit that it was to be in her proximity.

One of the electrical apprentices had taken steps beyond ogling and was constantly in conversation with Ororo, often making her laugh. The pretty boy, who Logan found out was named Nathan, sought Ro out every break. Just now as she sat in the midst of a flower bed the ballsy fucker was crouching beside her, way too close, in amiable chatter. He had shared a thermos of what Logan smelled to be lemonade with Ro and now seemed to think he could monopolize her. The jackass better step back, Logan thought from his position on the porch fixing the rails, but secretly with his full attention on the pair in the yard. His stomach had been in knots since seeing her sitting amongst the flowers, none of which outshone her beauty. Damn, he had it bad for someone who apparently couldn't stomach him. Shit!

A deep voice bellowed for Nathan from inside the house and the young man seemed reluctant to part ways with Ororo. Not before he reached out and plucked a miniature pink tea rose and placed it in her hair. Logan barely caught himself before he launched off the porch at the asshole, who inadvertently was too stupid to realize he had put his life in jeaopardy. Remember the equation, remember the equation. Logan shook his head to clear his thoughts before sadly walking from the porch into the calming shelter of the woods. He never noticed the frown that marred her face as she looked at the flower she took from her hair, thinking it should have had a chance to live longer, or the same beautiful brilliant blue eyes that watched his departure.


"Hey Ororo." came Scott's familiar voice as he got out of the jeep.

Ororo stopped the tiny rain shower she had created over one of the flower beds to turn and embrace her adoptive brother in a welcoming hug. Once she released him she promptly hauled off and slugged him in his arm pretty damn hard. "Hello to you too Scott."

"Ow. What was that for!?" Scott said rubbing his now sore bicep.

"A debt I owe you."

Never one to be slow as to his sister's quirky sense of humor he knew the punch had everything to do with his part in her rehabilitation. "Okay Storm I get it, you were always one to pay your debts, now can we call it paid in full or do I need to start ducking lightning bolts?" his smile showed the hilarity he felt about the situation.

"I don't know dear brother the jury is still out on that one. Besides who knows what the weather will bring about to sway my conclusion on the matter."

"Ha, ha very funny. Just so you know I don't think Jean will be too happy if any harm came to her fine specimen of man flesh." he grinned as he started flexing his muscles.

Ororo couldn't help the smile that lit up her face as she rolled her eyes skyward.

"So how are things coming?"

"Now that we have working plumbing and electricity okay I guess."

The camping equipment they were given had taken some getting used to, but Ororo had opted for discreet very early morning showers only she could manage.

Logan walked outside making his presence known after the conversatio had turned to work issues and not the playful frivolity of siblings.

"Bout damn time ya showed up one-eye." was gruffed out of his mouth around a cigar hanging from his lips.

Ororo looked at him with disgust getting the feeling he only smoked the stinky things in the house to irritate her.

Logan didn't try to hide his subtle smile at the pleasure of knowing he had pricked both of them with his nickname for Scott and his smoking in the house to irritate her. Nevertheless he snuffed the cigar out in his palm staring straight at Scott without flinching and put it in his shirt pocket.

Not letting Logan get his goat Scott shrugged his shoulder. "Same time as agreed upon Wolverine, not a minute earlier or later."

Logan knew he was right, it just felt good to be contrary.

"Um hum, whatever...arrogant s.o.b.

"Logan must you..." Ororo started.

"It's fine Ro we both know Wolverine isn't too keen on the delicate matters of life such as manners."

"Got yer manners right here bub!" he went to reach for his manhood, but Ororo grabbed his hand before he could.

"Must everything be a pissing contest with you Logan!"

He jolted at her touch and was sorry for the lack of contact once she immeadiately withdrew her hand.

Both men looked at Ororo astounded that she could say something so out of the ordinary for her.

"Oh for goddess sakes both of you get a clue and let's get to the reason for Scott's visit."

"Uh...yeah right. Well the appliances you picked out will be here this afternoon Ro, so I guess there's no more cooking on the camping stovetop."


"It wasn't so bad really, we certainly didn't starve." she said, trying to make things a little better for Scott, knowing how abrasive Logan could be.

Logan tilted his head at her in open mouthed shock. Hadn't he heard her threatening to trash the cooking equipment just last night.

Ororo watched him from the corner of her eyes realizing he had heard her tirade last night. Oh well damn!

Looking at Logan directly behind his visor Scott asked, "Would you like to give me a tour or just a word of mouth progress report?"

"We're not at the tour stage yet, but things ar comin' along fine bub."

"Good, the other supplies including groceries will be delivered today as well." Scott reached back into the jeep and pulled out their mail. "Is there anything I can give you a hand with now or later today?

"Nope, as said it's our project, we got it covered." Logan was surprised at the honesty and non-hostility he meant with the statement.

"Well everyone sends you guys their hello's and miss you's. This is from Jean Storm." and he reached out to hug her, wondering as he did if he was hearing right, a growl...coming from Logan.

"Please return it to her with a kiss as well for me Scott."

"With pleasure sis."

Scott moved to climb back into the jeep and leave.

"Wait a minute bub. Tell Tin Man to be sure and take good care of my dog and ta make sure my package is delivered with the other sh...stuff today." on a last minute whim he amended his word.

Scott eyed Logan suspiciously. "Yeah right, I'll be sure to get right to that delivery." Scott didn't even try to hide his smirk as he left or give Logan the news that Mofo had been seen with a stray bitch running near the property and hadn't shown much interest in food or anything else, but his chase of her. So like his master.

As Scott drove away Ororo decided to not let Logan get away with his cocksure attitude. Walking along side of him as he made his way to go back inside Logan could feel the anger rolling off of her in waves. He stopped in his tracks raising a brow at his indignant and unasked for sidekick. His abrupt halt caused her to stumble in her stride.

Logan couldn't help but grin thinking that someone who had always had a patent on grace had become clumsy so often lately.

Knowing he had the audacity to find her klutziness amusing, she tried to hide her embarrassment behind her anger.

"Is your ego so fragile Logan that you have this constant need to let everyone know that you are the alpha male? Can't you at least be civil without all the unwarranted animosity you so freely toss around?"

"First thanks fer the compliment darlin and second I don't give a rats ass as to whatever feelings anyone thinks I'm throwing out there."

"Oh don't assume I have paid you any such compliment Logan and it is painfully obvious that you don't care in the slightest where Scott is concerned." Her anger taking her someplace she had no idea she was going, her next words cutting him to the quick. "He is a decent man who does not deserve your loathing or personal attacks Wolverine! The only affront he has ever caused you is to be well respected and the one that Jean loves, something that even your constant pursuit of her couldn't put a stop to..."

The growl that emanated from his throat made her realize the boundary she had foolishly crossed. He leaned forward almost snarling in her face as her traitorous feet took a step back.

His own anger now at a fever pitch almost loosed his tongue to the mutual flirtation he and Jean had shared, with her giving as good as she got, but that was nobody's damn business as far as he was concerned. Hell, not once had Scott ever called him out on it like a man and no one else had the right. "What are ya 'fraid of Ro, that I'll kick ol' Scotty boys ass and make off with his gal or..." he sniffed around her head, "is it that yer jealous!"

Finding her footing and her nerve again Ororo lashed back, "Don't flatter yourself Logan," she looked him up and down, "you prove yourself more and more not to be my type. Scott is as close as a dear brother to me,...so back off!" she poked him in his chest.

"Whoa, hold up a fuckin' minute darlin, last I saw Cyclops drove away from here none the worse for wear and pardon me but I thought he was a grown man, old enough and big enough to fight his own battles. Ya and Jeannie need ta take ya tits out of his mouth and stop pussy whipping him so that he can grow a pair!"

He had finally done it, cracked her shell again making her see red. Logan knew what was coming but he'd be damned if he'd back down.

"Why you pigheaded, insufferable, ill-mannered, egotistical cad! How dare you mmmpphh...."

She was cutoff as Logan claimed her lips in a bruising kiss as he wrapped his arms around her and felt her melt deliciously in to his muscled frame. All the emotion the two of them had pent up was set free in the passion of the kiss they were sharing that flared to set their very souls on fire. There was nothing gentle about the way both wrestled in an all consuming battle of pleasure that neither one gave a damn as to who emerged the victor. Ororo wrapped her arms around his neck dragging him closer into her curves and heated embrace. Logan found his hands on the glorious globes of her ass and pulled her to the center of his aching. Damn she felt good. The overwhelming need for her was making it hard to distinguish pleasure from the painful throb of his hardened cock, that was surprisingly overruling all of his reason so quickly. They both lost all sense of anything but the pressure that was reaching the boiling point between them. Breathing was an overrated necessity that they could easily do without if left to their present state, but unfortunately they fell victim to it. Their lips broke apart from the others in great gasping pants for air that left them shaking. Logan dropped his chin to the top of her silken mane and just held on trying to regain himself. Ororo didn't know what to do, but she knew letting go of this man wasn't an option just yet. After what felt like an eternity she gained enough confidence in her voice to speak.

"What...are we doing Logan?" so softly spoken only his ears could hear her.

Logan released her at last and stepped back far enough to get a steady grip on what he knew was the reality with him and Ro. In a voice She hardly recognized as his Ororo felt the ground drop away from her feet at his words.

"Everything ya said is true darlin... and then some. I'm the worst kinda asshole and the best...thing ya can do is stay the hell away from me. Let's just get this job done and go back ta whatever kinda teammates we can be, doing our best not ta let anyone down or kill each other. The least contact between us the better."

"Logan I...I am so...sorry..."

"Don't! Just let it go Ro,...let it go."

He stomped back inside slamming the sreen door behind him.

Ororo walked back over to the flower bed she had been watering and tried to disguise her tears with the small shower she created. The bright sunshine was suddenly covered in shadow by an overcast sky. That was enough sunlight for the day.


Chapter End Notes:
PLEASE REVIEW



You must login () to review.