Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for being so long in posting. It's been done for a while, just didn't like how it turned out. Thank you to all who are reading and reviewing. I appreciate your sticking with me regardless. Hope this doesn't disappoint you guys.

As always I still don't own so please don't sue
The house was fast becoming something resembling a home. The professor wanted it restored to a habitable dwelling, with Ororo and Logan given carte blanche to renovate and decorate it in any way they so desired. "I have faith in you both." he'd said.

They had started with the two bathrooms and kitchen and moved on to the bedrooms.

True to what Scott had said two weeks ago, the appliances Ororo had ordered were delivered and promptly set up for use. She had wanted to keep the integrity of the old New England style of home it was, so she had ordered a modern equipped antique design range, refrigerator and microwave. The only concession being they weren't cast iron or porcelain enamel, but shining stainless steel.

For some reason that Logan just couldn't fathom, he chose to completely change the tiny bathrooms to fully fitted modern luxury.

The downstairs bath, he doubled in size by knocking out the outside wall to use part of the porch for a large deep tub space and more window area. He and Ororo both loved the outdoors, something neither acknowledged. They liked the feeling of nature encroaching on the inside.

The upstairs master bath, he'd also doubled to accomodate a twin vanity and a large semi-sunken Jacuzzi tub, with a separate double size shower stall with multiple heads. The plumbers had been delighted to acquiesce to his plans for both baths amenities, as it meant more money in their pockets.

Secretly he was getting a kick out of hitting Chuck in the wallet for thinking he could impose a petty punishment on him. Yeah right, he wasn't the best at what he did for nothing.

Logan had went so far as to add a small ladies vanity area, within an open arch opposite the now modern master bathroom. He gave it access through both the bedroom and bathroom. Where the hell that came from, once again he had no flaming idea.

Ororo was occupying the master bedroom, using a roll away bed the same as Logan was in the other bedroom. The only thing they needed to do upstairs was give it a fresh coat of paint and furnishings, none of which Ororo had decided on yet.

So far they were proud of the work they had gotten done in a matter of three weeks time. Doing each task with as little communication between them as possible.

After their initial spat, or whatever you would call what had happened the first week following Scott's departure, they were called on a three day mission with the team.

An alert of a mutant hate group calling themselves the FOH (Friends of Humanity), was threatening mutant owned businesses, in Chicago and Boston. The team split with Ororo heading the team of Logan, Peter and Kitty in Chicago and Scott leading Jean, Beast and Bobby in Boston. Their presence was vital to bring the hate mongers actions to the forefront of the authorities. The police in both cities were sympathetic resulting in a small cell disbanding in Chicago and arrests being made in Boston. None the less the round the clock surveillance of the businesses and following the activities of the FOH, took a heavy toll on them affording little time for sleep. Late the third evening they returned home dragging their collective behinds, hoping for a long rest.

Ororo just made it up the stairs to her bedroom in the boathouse, peeled off her uniform and collapsed on her bed.


...'TIL SHE HEARS THE SCREEN DOOR SLAMMING
RUBBER SQUEALIN', GEARS A JAMMING
LOCAL COUNTRY STATION A BLARING ON THE RADIO...

"What the...what!" Ororo quickly sat up in the bed looking from side to side.

The sound was permeating the boathouse.

Rubbing her eyes and brushing her hair from her face, with blinking eyes she looked at her watch.

"I'm going to KILL him!" she yelled, even though there was no way she could be heard over the din. Completely engulfed in anger, she threw the covers from her aching body and stomped down the stairs.

In the livingroom Logan was running a circular saw, building new window seats for the bay windows, while he had what looked like the old recreation room stereo complete with home theatre surround sound from the mansion, turned up full blast on the popular country station.

He'd just made Ororo develope a strong dislike for Garth Brooks and his song (Ain't Going Down Till The Sun Comes Up)! As if that was not enough he was shaking his ass no less!

"LOGAN...LOGAN...LOGAN!" she screamed, with no response, as his back was to her.

"...AIN'T GOING DOWN TIL THE SUN COMES UP
AIN'T GIVING IN TIL THEY GET ENOUGH..."

"Uugghh! Damn it WOLVERINE!?" she shouted as she crossed the short space to him and pushed him on his shoulder.

With his back to her, Logan let his wicked smile fade before turning around to face the pissed off woman he had heard all along, but ignored.

Trying to look surprised as he turned, he hollered, "Hey, what's the prob......" the words died on his lips as he took in the woman before him, with his eyes bulging and his mouth agape.

"You jackassed oaf! What's the prob...lem, ummm let's see...maybe that it's THREE-THIRTY IN THE MORNING!!!!" she emphasized, with stretching her arms out at her sides before they came to rest on the soft smooth flesh of her hips. She stood staring daggers at the inconsiderate asshole in front of her. "Well! Don't you have anything to say...speak up I can't hear you over the PARTY you have going on!" she said as sarcastically as she could.

Still nothing seemed to register with the dumbstruck man drooling at her.

"Uuhhh Ro...ya may want ta rethink what yer doin darlin. And I'm pretty sure jackassed ain't a word. I'm working cause I'm done sleeping." he found his voice, crossing his arms over his chest as he sat on the sawhorse, extending his legs as he crossed one ankle over the other, letting that too damn sexy for words smile grace his lips. And what was he doing gesturing with his hand up and down towards her? Right before he burst into laughter, no longer able to control himself.

"You've finally gone and done it haven't you Logan, you've lost your mind!" she swatted behind her back as she felt something cold and wet lick her ass. "What..." she jumped spinning and grabbing her butt to see a nightmare come to life. Mofo! Then everything went to hell. She looked down and did a full body blush. She had been ranting at the jerk, while clad only in a barely there lace bra and thong. And it took Logan's mutt licking her naked ass for it to dawn on her!

"Uugghh!" the dance she started doing trying to cover her too ample breasts, while simultaneously covering her bikini waxed vagina and string hidden ass, made the high and mighty goddess fly out the window, and the thoroughly embarrassed woman to take center stage.

"Oooohh! Ooooohh! Ooooohh!" was the song she sang as she bounced around in circles trying to cover everything getting exposed to his view, only to succeed in nothing being left to his imagination.

"Ooh, ooh ooh darlin", he cried between gulping breaths as he was laughing so hard tears ran down to his mutton chops. Slapping his thigh as her left boob came out of it's hiding place in opposition to her efforts. Logan fell off the sawhorse to the floor in stitches.

"OH YOU ASS!"

Mofo nudged her butt with his nose as she fumed at Logan, before storming off up the stairs, not caring anymore what view he got, pulling the plug to the stereo on her way.

Logan yelled, "It sure is darlin,...it sure is."

She heard his laughter even after he heard her slam her bedroom door.


Logan knew he was wrong in getting Ororo riled up for his own pleasure, but she was just too hot for words when she was royally pissed. He hadn't expected her to flounce downstairs in the state she had, but it was an added bonus.

He had tossed and turned, but sleep had eluded him. He needed to see her and look into those impossibly blue eyes. Try as he might, he couldn't stop thinking about her.

Now he stood outside her door, with a peace offering of dinner. She had been holed up in her room all day, undoubtedly too embarrassed to show her face.

"Ro, it's me,...open up darlin."

No response.

He held the tray in one hand, while he knocked on the door with the other. "Come on darlin, ya gotta eat something."

Nothing.

"I ain't gonna keep asking ya Storm, ... Don't make me break down the damn door. I know yer in there."

Still nothing.

"Okay darlin, I admit I shouldn't have..." With nothing else working he finally spoke from what he was feeling in a near whisper, "Please..."

For a long time nothing, then the door opened a crack.

Ororo was sitting on the end of the bed watching him as he made his way into her self imposed prison. A glance at her showed him that she was dressed in a cropped tee with shorts and socks. She had left her glorious hair loose, thankfully.

"I figured ya were hungry, so I brought ya something." he said placing the tray on the bed beside her, backing away.

She never looked at it, just him and every move he made.

"Look Ro, I ah told ya, ya were right, I'm an asshole...,but I don't want ya ta hate me...but I don't know how ta apologize and make ya believe me cause that ain't something that I do...that ain't me," damn this was hard. Nervously he rubbed the back of his neck.

Her blue eyes still held him.

"Say something darlin. ... Yer not gonna make this easy for me are ya?"

Silence.

Steel gray eyes searched blue for anything to say all was alright.

She turned her head and looked out the window. The first sign to him that she was at least there. She was hurt and he had to make it right. But he was too far away. With steps heavy as lead, Logan walked over and sat on the other side of the tray on the bed. Needing to make contact with her, he reached out and held her hand.

She didn't snatch it away. Whew.

For a minute he just felt her soft hand in his.

"I remember the first time I saw ya darlin. Ya had this don't get too close look on ya face and don't try breaking through my defenses. But it didn't make me blind to the fact that ya were gorgeous... beyond belief. The most beautiful thing I had ever seen,...I wanted ta reach out and touch ya hair, I wanted to find out if it felt the same as it looked," he raised his free hand, but lowered it. "I've known ya were a woman ya had ta earn. A lady ya had to fight ta deserve. More than I could ever hope ta have...so far removed from someone like me," he felt brave enough now to look from her hand to her face, that he only saw in profile, as she still looked out the window. "That didn't stop me from wanting ya...just never thought ya'd want an ol' canuck like me, so I stuck ta adoring ya from a distance."

She turned her head searching his eyes. His hand softly touched her face, stroking her cheek.

He took a breath and continued, "Jeannie and I...well, she looked at me and I smelled desire on her, even though she wouldn't admit it, and I thought I stood a chance with her knowing that. I'm not proud of me and Jeannie's game, but it felt good ta feel wanted...in a loving way after the life I've lived. It never went beyond the game." he said flatly, "I could only play the fool for so long, realizing I'd never get the girl...feelings just kinda died in me. What I thought was love was just false comfort that never lived up to the real thing. All the time I saw ya and..." he choked up and swallowed back emotion, camouflaging it he hoped with clearing his throat, "I saw ya, I always did, and I knew I had made a mistake in trying ta have Jeannie, cause I sure couldn't have ya after that. I fucked up Ro, going after what I thought I could get, cause I couldn't have what I really wanted. I didn't really love Jeannie, I just had hope for something better than I'd known."

He stood up and walked to the open door.

"I'm sorry for making ya miserable ta be a part of ya life,...ya don't know how sorry," he said over his shoulder, starting to leave.

"Logan."

He stopped but didn't turn around.

"What was I wearing the first time you saw me?"

"What...why?"

"Please..."

"Yer X-man uniform."

She hung her head and wanted to cry, "Thank you Logan, but you are wrong."

"No darlin...I'm not. Chuck's office wasn't the first place I saw ya. It was after my fight with Sabertooth."

"But you were unconscious!"

"Not every closed eye is asleep or can't see Ro. After my fight I smelled what I thought had ta be heaven, so I peeked with the last bit of strength I had and I thought I was there cause an angel with white hair was leaning over me. Just never thought I'd make it ta heaven ya know. And for the record in Chuck's office ya had on a white blouse, black leather pants and boots.

Ororo walked over to Logan and took his hand to turn and face her. Once they were face to face she wrapped her arms around his neck and whispered into his ear, "Thank you." softly she kissed his cheek.

Logan returned the hug with as much strength as he dared, without causing her harm,...never wanting to let go.


Chapter End Notes:
Explanation for Ro's question, coming up. Don't be too harsh yet. (smile)
No this is not movie verse, just whatever cooks up in my mind from all verses.



You must login () to review.