Logan and Storm walked through Central Park later that night. Cassandra had tried to attack Charles, but thanks to his and Hawks' telepathy, they were able to immobilize her and apprehend her. Now, Hawk was at home- although, Storm thought that she snuck out of the house to go on a ride- and Storm and Logan were out again for the night. "How's Hawk?"

"She'll be alright," Storm said. "Although, it's going to be awhile before she's going to get over this. I'm going to have to leave her at home for awhile."

"Well, at least we got that scumbag Shaw off of the street."

"Yes, now I don't have to worry about him getting his revenge on us for awhile."

Logan nodded as Storm sighed. "You alright?"

"Yes, Logan," Storm said. "I just can't help but think about how close we were. Hawk was nearly killed. Sabretooth almost got what he wanted... how much more of this can I take? Let alone Hawk?"

Logan shrugged. "Don't give up yet. I think Hawk's starting to like the department, and she and Rogue, Kitty, and Dazzler seem to get along well. What did the Captain want?"

"He wanted to know why Shaw had particular interests in us. We had to spill more about our pasts, he didn't know we were assassins. He said he wasn't going to discipline us since we have changed considerably in the last five years, but we're going to have to be on leave until Mutant Internal Affairs finishes their investigation. He's going to make sure that no one finds out about our past. I would appreciate it if you also kept quiet about it."

"'Bout what?" Logan asked, playing dumb. Storm nudged him playfully.

"You know what, faker."

Logan laughed. "Think we should head back to your apartment?"

"You'll be kicked out by Hawk in a matter of minutes if she's there. But, I don't see the harm." They heard hooves and hid behind a tree as they rounded a corner. Hawk had brought her horse to a halt. They stepped out from behind the tree. "So much for staying out home for the night," Storm said, coming out from behind the tree.

Hawk looked up, and knew she was busted. "Oh, crud."


Chapter End Notes:
I know this one probably isn't my best one, and that I'm probably grasping at straws, but I'm thinking about rewriting some of it. So, if you guys don't like it, leave some comments, but keep them clean and constructive, please.



You must login () to review.