Sabretooth forced a drugged Storm out of the car. She stumbled here and nearly fell, had he not grabbed her wrist. "What... what do you want... with me?" she asked.

Sabretooth ignored her, and forced her to keep walking. He then led her into a room where Shaw was waiting.

XMDII

"How on earth did he find us?" Hawk asked. "How did he know where we were?"

"He's must've put a GPS on us, after he cut the wires for the gas and oil."

"Either that, or he's been tailing us and we didn't realize it."

"You and Storm have a telepathic connection to each other, right?" Logan asked.

"Ok, I know I never told you that."

"But you have a telepathic connection with Isis," Logan said. "Plus, Chuck is the most powerful telepath in the world, and he can form just about any connection to anyone."

"Say I do," Hawk said, crossing her arms. She knew it was useless, but she liked to push her limits. "Why do you need to know?"

"Can you feel anything? Sense anything from her?"

Hawk bit her lip. "It depends... my telepathy isn't the most developed yet, but it's also hard to control sometimes. I'm working on it, though."

"What does it depend on?"

"Usually if someone is in distress. I usually have to wake Storm up when she's having a night- when her mind is in distress, because I can't sleep. If it's very bad, my telepathy can go on override and I'll be shot into that mind. It also depends in how far away they are, and if I'm concentrating on that person in particular or not."

"Can you try to concentrate on her? I mean your bond with her must add to the chances of finding her."

"It does, but it only means that I can feel her pain and sense what she senses more clearly than others. The closer I am to them the stronger my senses are to theirs."

"Do you think you could try?"

Hawk paused for a moment. She knew that it would be a long shot. "I can try, but I can't give you any guarantees."

"Do it."

Hawk sighed and focused her energy on her telepathic connection with Storm. It wasn't long before she had opened it, and went into Storm's mind. She suddenly felt how Storm felt. Heavy. Very drowsy. Sabretooth must've drugged her. Her vision was a little blurry, but she could make out distinct shapes. She was in a room with two people in it. Sabretooth and... Shaw!

Hawk brought herself back to reality with a gasp. "Oh shoot, oh shoot, oh shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot!"

"What?" Logan asked.

"It's Shaw. He has Storm."

"Do you know where they are?"

"I couldn't tell. She's in some kind of dark room. All I know is that she's probably drugged with sedative, and that she's in no shape to fight."

Isis barked then. Hawk turned to look at her. You're forgetting one thing. I can track her down. Not to mention the fact that that Sabretooth creep smells like a graveyard.

Hawk giggled. Isis did have a point about Sabretooth's stench.

XMDII

Storm's senses were a wreck, but she held onto consciousness; despite the fact that all she wanted to do was go to sleep. She was tied to a chair in the center of the room; under the watchful eyes of Shaw and Sabretooth. Cold water was splashed onto her face a few minutes later. That woke her up a little bit. This was also when Shaw began his questioning. "Tell me, Ororo," he said. "Did you honestly think that I wouldn't find out about your little scheme. Infiltrating the Hellfire Club. Really? I would've thought that you would have had a better knowing about what happens when you cross us. Granted, you and the girl did defeat your opponents, so you did your jobs there."

"What do you want me for?" Storm asked.

"You are the bait. Bait for Charles. Once Ashley and your... husband, have found him, they'll track Sabretooth down and try to come to your rescue. But I have a trap set up for the girl. Once she's captured, we'll discuss more of your fates. It's really such a waste of talent and beauty." Shaw reached out and stroked Storm's cheek. She jerked away at his touch. He laughed and walked out. Sabretooth followed him out.

XMDII

"So, I'm their next target?" Charles asked, a hint of awe in his voice. "I'm flattered."

"Don't get flattered yet," Hawk said. "They're sending your sister."

"Cassandra?" Charles asked, shock and a hint of fear in his voice. "Are you sure?"

Hawk looked at Logan, then took out her laptop. And showed him the video.

XMDII

Storm pulled at the binds. The knots were tight though. She really wished she had Hawk's talent with knots. Hawk would always tell her to trace the knot and pull at each interlope. She could create some of the most complicated knots and untie them in a fair amount of time. Her hands were rubbed raw and chafed from her struggling. She finally gave up and slumped back against the chair.

XMDII

Hawk followed Isis' trail as she stopped at one room. Hawk could sense Storm by now, and told Isis to fall back. She entered the building cautiously. Suddenly, her danger sense flared. Before she could even turn around, something knocked her against her head, and she was out cold.

XMDII

Isis hid behind an oil drum when Hawk told her to fall back. When Hawk had entered the building, she caught the scent of Sabretooth. Then she saw him follow Hawk in, and, before she could call out a warning to Hawk, heard a grunt of pain from her. She never saw Sabretooth come out. Isis growled, and took off the other direction. She had to get to the Captain and Wolverine.

XMDII

Storm was about to start to struggle again when the door opened. Shaw and Sabretooth came in, as expected; but, there was a third member to their party. Sabretooth was carrying someone. It took all of a second for her to realize that it was Hawk. Sabretooth dumped her onto the ground with a grunt of pain from her. It seemed as if she was just coming to. "No," Storm said quickly. "Please, she doesn't have anything to do with this."

"Same old Ororo," Shaw said mockingly. "Always were protective of those weaker than yourself. Especially this one."

"Ow," Hawk said, sitting up.

"Are you okay, Hawk?" Storm asked, watching Shaw and Sabretooth warily.

"As soon as I get an Excedrine," Hawk replied, rubbing her head.

Then Storm turned to Shaw. "Let her go, she has nothing to do with this. She didn't even want to come with me, but I told her that I needed her to come so that we could spend some girl-time together. Our girl's night was coming up, and I knew I was going to be away."

Nice stall, Hawk said.

Shaw knew she was lying though. "I'm sure you did Ororo. But, that's not going to get in the way of business." He turned to Sabretooth. "Bring the girl into the room next door. Do what you want with Ororo." Sabretooth smiled maliciously at that. Then, he walked over and grabbed Hawk by the hair. Storm started to struggle in her chair again. Hawk struggled with Sabretooth, using her ability with fire to try to burn him. She didn't succeed, and Sabretooth dragged her out of there, kicking and screaming.

When the door closed, Storm looked away. Tears started to stream down her cheeks. She knew Hawk was more than likely going to die, and it was her fault. She had told Hawk after she had rescued her that she would protect Hawk at all costs. She had failed.

XMDII

Charles and Logan were in a van, listening to Hawk through a microphone. The microphone chip was in the decoy file Hawk had made. They suddenly heard a grunt of pain from her and the shuffles of someone picking her up. "Someone's found her," Logan said.

"She's passed out," Charles replied. "I can't reach her when she's passed out. She has to be conscious."

"Did it work?" someone asked. Charles figured that it was Shaw. "Good." Came the reply after a moment of silence. They heard footsteps and another door open. Then another grunt of pain from Hawk. Then a new voice came into the picture.

"No," Storm said quickly. "Please, she doesn't have anything to do with this."

"Same old Ororo," Shaw said mockingly. "Always were protective of those weaker than yourself. Especially this one."

"Ow," Hawk said,.

"Are you okay, Hawk?" Storm asked.

"As soon as I get an Excedrine," Hawk replied.

"Let her go," Storm said, the anger was very clear in her voice, "she has nothing to do with this. She didn't even want to come with me, but I told her that I needed her to come so that we could spend some girl-time together. Our girl's night was coming up, and I knew I was going to be away."

If you need to talk to me, Hawk said telepathically, do it telepathically. Storm has the chip.

"I'm sure you did Ororo. But, that's not going to get in the way of business. Bring the girl into the room next door. Do what you want with Ororo."

The next thing they heard was screaming. The door closed and they didn't hear anything else. There was the sound of something dripping and quiet sobs. Then, there was the sound of barking and whimpering outside their van. Logan opened the back door to reveal Isis there. "What's going on, Logan?"

"Well I'm no animal expert," Logan said, turning slightly to look at him, "but I think she wants us to follow her."

"Then let's go."





You must login () to review.