After the devastating attack from Cerebro, and nearly getting killed in the chamber, Storm thought they were home free when they caught up to Logan who saved their lives from the spillway. However, that was not to be the case. Helping Kurt carrying the Professor, they reached a door that Logan opened. Storm was almost out when a hand grabbed her and put her in a choke-hold. Her shoulder got wrenched also, but it wasn't anything compared to sting she felt on her neck.

"Let her go," Scott ordered, his eyes glowing.

Sabretooth laughed. "And what exactly are you going to do, glasses? If I hold her in front me like this..." Storm gasped as he jerked her right in front of him, making her vulnerable and him invulnerable. "You can't get to me."

Scott backed off.

"But, I can," someone said behind them. There was a familiar SNIKT! Sabretooth whirled, as Logan stabbed. She gasped as one of his claws got in the abdomen, and another scraped by. Luckily, Logan pulled back before the wound could get too deep.

"Just let her go," Logan said, seeing the pain in her eyes.

Sabretooth's hands suddenly released Storm. She dropped to the ground groaning, as Sabretooth growled. Either Jean or Xavier was controlling him, which was a small relief. Jean rushed over to her friend, Scott supporting her. "Are you all right, Storm?"

Storm nodded, although she was still grasping her side. When she removed her hand, the bleeding had stopped. She looked at Jean gratefully, who nodded.

Then they all headed outside. When they reached the helicopter pad, there was nothing there.

"That helicopter was right here," Logan said.

Sabretooth came out again a moment later, but this time, Storm had the weather on her side. Her eyes had gone completely white, but she didn't let anything loose... yet.

Jean turned to him, a small smile on her face. "Looks like your boss left you."

Sabretooth growled, and seeing that he was outnumbered, and that there was no way he was going to get to the weather witch without a fight, he stalked off into the forest. Suddenly, the jet crash-landed in the snow.

Everyone clambered in, knowing they had very little time to get in and out of here. A few minutes later, they got the jet up into the air.


Chapter End Notes:
Okay, sorry about the ending. I know, I didn't kill Jean off. Let's just say I used the novel ending. Hey, don't get me wrong I prefer the movie ending, but, I don't really know what else to add.

Anyone notice that I didn't use Hawk this time?



You must login () to review.