He attempted to pay attention to the words coming out of the pretty redheads mouth. She was certainly a dish and attempted to keep his focus on her at all times, even though she knew it aggravated her cycloptic sweetie. An attention hog, he had guessed it about her from the start.

The other one completely opposite. It was funny how the color of their hair told the whole story. Fire and ice. Jean was warm and inviting, like a friendly flame in a fireplace. She made herself known right away, just like every human would notice the flames flickering energy. A bit noisy too.

The other, like snow. Beautiful and mysterious, but cold and un-inviting like the winter chill. And silent. Dangerous silence, like the patch of ice you don't notice on the highway. Speaking of the ice queen, a few minutes ago she had briskly walked past them without a word said. Jean had given her a dirty glance.

"So what's with you and the exotic?" She frowned slightly at his nickname for her obvious rival.

Shrugging she answered breezily, "I think she's just plain rude."

But then he saw what the real deal was. Scott ran down the stairs and into the garage, exactly where Jeans nemesis had gone. And he had also neglected to even send a word Jeans way. Glaring at the door Jean turned away and focused her attention on Logan once more. But his focus on her was shot, ever since the "wind-rider" as some of the students liked to call her, had walked by minutes before. Not to mention the boy scout had yet to make an exit from the garage. As if on cue, the doors busted open and a flash of white emerged.

Her hands were clenched into fists at her side and her eyes were set in a deadly glare. Logan mused that she looked absolutely gorgeous when in rage, but let out a sigh of relief at the fact that the stare was not directed at him. Scott fidgeted in the doorway, attempting to look commanding but failing miserably in her presence. When Storm was in the room, there was no mistaking who the one in control was. And then, as if an unexpected thunderstrike her voice boomed.

"It's not like I stole it or anything!"

Logan arched his eyebrow at the new development. Ororo? A thief? Somehow he hadn't expected that. True she seemed to carry a certain amount of street smarts that could only be obtained by living on them, but still . . . a thief? He realized right then that any guesses he had on who she was could be thrown out the window. He knew nothing about her, and that made him nervous.

"Not like you wouldn't if you had a chance."

There was a crash of lightning outside and before anyone could ever recover mahogany fingers linked into short red hair. She lifted Jean effortlessly out of her chair and turned her head painfully until she was staring into her eyes. Her gaze never faltered as Jean idly tried to free herself from her grasp. "If you have any accusations to make about me, how about you say them to my face instead of whispering under your breath like a coward. Bitch." Literally throwing her back into her seat she turned on her heel and began to walk out of the room.

The professor was in the doorway of the room, watching the whole ordeal and when Ororo tried to brush past him his hand caught her arm gently. She looked into his eyes and her features automatically softened. It was easy to see they were having their own silent conversation and Logan watched in amazement as all her anger seemed to melt away from her. Her shoulders un-tensed and he actually saw a small smile quirk her lips. Looking over at Jean he noticed the slight pain in her eyes. It was obvious she envied the bond Ororo and the professor shared. And yet another thing that confused him about her. She seemed so defiant so disrespectful, yet you could see she had nothing but respect and love for this man. He couldn't even begin to assume what kind of history the two of them had but he was pretty sure that if it hadn't been for Xavier, Ororo might have been in a very bad place. And for the first time since he had been at the mansion, he was thankful that Xavier had extended the courtesy to him as well.

He felt like a child that was being reprimanded. After the little scene between Jean and Ororo, the professor had asked him to meet him in his office. "Sounded like a damn principal. What the hell did I do?" Making his way around the professors office his eyes stopped to gaze at a picture on his desk. Picking it up he realized it was the same brazen beauty he had just witnessed downstairs, only younger. She was making her way down the stairs of a private jet and he mused that she looked like a caged animal. There was defiance and mistrust shining in her large Caribbean blue eyes.

"Defiant isn't she?" Logan frowned deeply at the professor. He hadn't even felt him come in, the picture he held in his hand was the cause of that. He hardly ever let his guard down, but somehow she always seemed to make his mind wander. The frown deepened. Not again. He didn't need to get lost in something like that again.

The professor didn't seem to notice Logans' preoccupation, his own mind lost deep in thought. "Definitely one of a kind, a gem. I believe they broke the mold when Ororo was created. I've never met a young woman with more passion, strength, and . . ." a pause, the mans brow furrowed, "defiant, dangerous." At that moment the professor looked truly old in his eyes. Silence filled the room as Logan continued to gaze at the picture of the young girl.

"So what's up prof? I have a feeling you brought me up here for more than just reminiscing about your young firecracker."

The professor smiled at the nickname, but the smile faded as quickly as it appeared. "Ororo has been a bit more . . ." he cleared his throat slightly, "animalistic lately. Before she had a pretty good hold on her rage. True she never got along with Jean, but before they left each other fairly enough alone. Now, they have clashed. Of course I don't have to tell you that, you saw it firsthand." Logan couldn't help but grin, even though the matter seemed pretty grim to the professor. "Jean has been out for your attention. She's attracted to you, anyone can see. Unfortunately whenever Ororo walks into a room all attention goes to her. That upsets Jean. Recently she has been trying to be more aggressive, and her comment about Ororo to you earlier is proof of that. Jean has never really insulted Ororo in that way."

"Get to the point prof. you're losing me here. What does this have to do with me?"

A smile crept over the professors features once again. "You and Ororo have a lot in common Logan." The look of doubt and confusion on Logans' face made Xavier laugh outright. "You both are very impatient when it comes to my speeches and explanations. And you are both individuals of great honor and respect. Much like you Ororo does not tolerate when someone shows her disrespect. That is what you saw down in the den, and you saw her reaction. I wanted to bring this to your attention for a reason. I do not have any problem with you pursuing one of these lovely ladies, but do not play with them. Ororo is very volatile, another thing you two have in common, so please be careful. And don't hurt them."

Logan arched his eyebrow in surprise. And then rage replaced the surprise. "I came in here for this! I haven't even tried to "pursue" your lovely ladies as you call them and you have the gall to give me some sort of twisted father first date speech! Sorry prof. but I don't want them, and if I did I sure as hell would not ask your permission!" He didn't give him a chance to respond and stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him. The nerve of that asshole. But one thing stuck in his mind as he walked off. He hadn't only been talking about Jean when he talked about pursuing them. He had talked about Ororo as well. That possibility hadn't even entered his mind, but now that it had, he couldn't seem to get it out of his head. . .





You must login () to review.