His eyes, almost on their own accord, traveled up toward the sky. Watching, mesmerized, the violent ballet she performed. Pirouettes, succinct, graceful dances with debris, lasers and metal. The startling contrast of snowy white against the black of her uniform hypnotizing him, so much that he didn’t see the huge slab of concrete flying at him. That is until it knocked him on his ass. Focus ya dumb mutt, this is not the time.


He was at wits end with his brain lately. Ororo would creep into his thoughts at the most inopportune moments. A couple of days ago, his mind wandering had caused a rather messy oil leak while working on his car. Last week, her simply walking by the rec room, with that intoxicating scent that lingers, distracted him to such an extreme that he lost 100 dollars to Scott, missing the last shot during a pool game. Every time he would let his mind get lost in his rather primal and erotic musings, all the women that used to star in these fantasies, Jean being one of his favorites, would unwillingly transform into the white haired temptress. Not to mention her behavior after their eventful night…


She wasn’t clingy, like he was sure Jean would be. He hadn’t expected clingy. He had expected a cold shoulder, avoiding glances, but he got neither. The fact unnerved him, and with a certain apprehension he came to the realization, that the beauty elicited that particular emotion in him from the beginning. She didn’t broadcast what happened between them, but she didn’t act like nothing happened either. The change in her behavior towards him was subtle. To anyone who paid close enough attention it was noticeable, and to him completely and utterly irresistible.


When she entered a room he was in, her eyes didn’t automatically search him out, but she didn’t avoid his glances purposely. If their eyes would happen to meet her lips would turn up at the corners and she would nod in greeting, her eyes glowing with a mix of amusement and a spark of lust that caused his insides to stir. Holding his gaze for a short time, then smiling fully and bringing her attention to the task at hand. She never tried to attract his attention, by some typical female ploy. Another trick Jean used quite often. Not that Ororo would have to resort to that, because to his own annoyance his eyes would search her out almost automatically.


The first time they had touched after that night, he had half expected her to flinch away but was pleasantly surprised. He had to admit the situation was instigated by him. It had been days since he had felt her unimaginably soft skin against his and he couldn’t get it out of his mind.


~~~ He walked into the kitchen and spied her searching the refrigerator for a snack. Jean was sitting at the kitchen island and as soon as he walked in she waved enthusiastically, purposely making a show of her low cut top. Scott sat next to her flipping through a magazine.


Without a word Logan walked around the island and stood behind her, resisting the urge to reach out and touch. She backed up out of the fridge slightly, her backside enticingly close to bumping in his waist. Her hand still holding the fridge door open, she straightened and turned, her mouth forming an adorable ‘o’ of surprise when she was met with his chiseled chest. There was the faintest glow of a blush that formed on her cheeks and her eyes widened slightly, her other hand resting on his arm for balance. His arm snaked around her waist under the pretense of holding her up. Recovering quickly, she met his eyes, a glint of mischief in her gaze.


“Hello stranger,” she murmured, and then without missing a beat, reached back into the fridge and brought out a beer with an amused smile.


“Thanks darlin’,” the muscles in his arm twitched to life when her fingers skimmed over the sensitive skin between his knuckles where the blades hid. He noticed she let her fingers linger there for a bit too long as she handed him the beer. She acknowledges his thanks with a silent nod and when she met his gaze yet again his breath hitched in his throat.


Her aquamarine eyes were clouding over with white from the intense lust that burned in them now. He could see her nipples hardening through her shirt and when she inhaled her chest rose and they brushed against him, causing her to bite her lip and him to hold back the moan that was building in the back of his throat. As quickly as the moment came, it passed, as she turned away from him and back to the fridge.


That’s when he realized that his arm was still around her waist, his hand now resting on her belly. Not ready to end this encounter just yet, his fingers deftly slid under the fabric of her top, brushing over the taut muscles causing them to shiver under his touch. He inhaled the scent of her hair, a smell purely feminine and purely her, now mixed with the unmistakable hint of arousal.


Emerging from the fridge she brought with her a bowl of berries and as she moved past him she let her hand trace over his abs, her nails gently tugging at his belt buckle. It took all the strength of will he possessed to not bend her over the counter and take her right in the middle of the kitchen.


And that’s when he remembered Scott and Jean. Turning around he found them both staring at him curiously. Barking out an angry ’what’ he stalked out of the kitchen, the bulge in his pants reminding him that it wouldn’t be so easy to get Ororo out of his system.~~~


“Hey Logan, would you like to help out your team anytime soon?” Snapping out of his train of thought Logan swung and connected with the head of one of the droids, the glare Jean was sending his way boring into the back of his skull. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed a large piece of debris flying toward a distracted Ororo. No way she can see that. And without thinking he lunged at her, his body connecting with her and trapping her against a wall.


“I’m not on your team,” she stated, a bit amused when she’d realized what he’d done.


“Is that the thanks I get for being your savior?”


Shaking her head slightly, she grabbed the back of his neck and brought him inches away from her lips, brushing them over his jawbone and up to his ear. “And why do you think you should be the one who saves me?” Her eyes shone defiantly and he felt that same need to dominate her, as he had those weeks ago. That primal, purely animalistic need of taking and making her his. Nostrils flared, his hand wrapped around her throat, his thumb tracing her jaw. Rubbing his nose below her ear he inhaled her scent, a feral grin on his lips when he felt her breath catch.


“Because I know how you taste.”


And just like that he gained all control, she felt it slip completely away. Images swirled in her mind of that night, and even though she had placed her hand on his chest to push him away, now she felt her fingers wrap around the material of his uniform and pull him painfully closer. She knew she should stop this, this was not the time or place. The curious glances and aggravating questions from the others would never cease after this display…”And how do I taste?”


All the dirty, nasty, blood boiling answers waited at the tip of his tongue. Words that would leave her panting and desperately clawing at his clothing. He knew how to bait a woman. In most situations he didn’t have much to say or chose not to say it, but when the opportunity arose for seduction, he had a silver tongue that never failed him when it came to the opposite sex. But looking into those captivating, sparkling blue eyes his heart swelled.


“Like heaven.” He hadn’t meant to say exactly what his heart was telling him, and by the look on her face she hadn’t expected the answer. The shock crumbled her resolve and before she could build her walls up again he saw the absolutely breathtaking look of vulnerability in her eyes. His words had broken her, opened her completely to him and before she could stop it her eyes widened and a single tear rolled down her cheek. Her lips parted slightly as he cupped her face in his hands and tilted it up, her eyes begging him to close the distance between them.


“Ororo are you all right?” At the moment she could have fried their ever vigilant leader.


“I’m fine Scooter, no harm done. I wasn’t watching my back and Wolverine decided to save it for me. Got the wind knocked out of me and nothing more. Really I’m fine. Hey red, you have a problem?” Everyone turned to see Jean glaring at Storm. She proceeded to turn red when everyone caught her and ‘humphed’ indignantly. Turning away she muttered something under her breath. “Green isn’t a good color on you Jean.” Jean spun on her heel just as Ororo turned away. Before Ororo could react a piece of metal caught her square in the back, bringing her to her knees.


“Jean! That is enough,” Xaviers voice boomed. He had wheeled himself into the danger room after seeing the commotion.


“I’m sorry professor,” Jean lowered her head in shame.


Ororo was still on her knees facing away from everyone, her fists clenched and resting on the ground, her body shaking. Slowly, in front of everyones eyes, every piece of debris in the room started to rise off the floor.


“Come on Jean,” Scott started, but then noticed that Jeans face was contorted in shock.


“It would seem that Jean isn’t responsible for this particularly immense display of power.”


“But professor, then who…” Henrys voice trailed off as the professor stopped next to Ororo and placed his hand on her shoulder.


“My child,” he began, and everything slammed down to the ground. “Ororo my dear child,” but before the professor could finish she shrugged his hand off and stood.


“Don’t. Just keep her away from me.” With furious strides she walked into the womens locker room.


“Very well X-Men let’s leave her be for now. Jean please come with me to my office.” Slowly the awe struck X-Men filed out of the training room, all but one.


Authors Notes: I know I know a bit of a cliff hanger. Look at our resident wind rider with her bad ass new powers. I always knew she had it in her! LOL Well tell me what you think, I love reviews and new ideas! J





You must login () to review.