Running away

Logan sat in the little room for what seemed like hours, waiting for some oportunity to escape. At some point, he yelled for the guard, saying that he needed to pee. The guard took so long opening the door, even when he was just outside it, that Logan thought that he wanted him to wet himself. But at last the door opened, and the guard and other two men motioned for him to come out. The new men were both tall and strong, with a military haircut and plain black suits. Special ops, surely, Logan knew them well, he had worked there, too. But it were the weapons they carried what made Logan frown. It seemed electric sticks, but modified. How and for what, Logan didn’t know. He stood up slowly, weightening his options.
“Do you really want to pee, or what?” The guard asked, and one of the men walked in, standing next to Logan.
Logan looked at him by the corner of his eyes. The man was young but seemeed very sure of himself. Logan catched a glimpse of a kevlar vest under his jacket. His dark eyes were cold, and looked at Logan like someone would look at a dead crocoach in his shoe. Or at a children killer.
“Move” He said. When Logan didn’t obey in mere seconds, he applied the weapon to Logan’s body, near his navel. Sparkling energy, that seemed to burn every nerve in Logan’s body, passed throught it, and he jerked and screamed, falling to his knees.
“This isn’t legal.” He managed to spit out, and the man laughed, a cold laugh that seemed false, but was real.
“Legal? We know what you are. A mutant and a killer. This is the lest you deserve. We are going to control you with it. Come on, if you still want to pee, get up and move.”
Still groaning, nerves feeling like if a million fire ants were bitting him at once, Logan stood up and walked out of the little room. The interrogation room was in reality the basement of the town’s police headquarters, and the three men escorted Logan upstairs, towards the bathroom. The guard was in front of Logan, and the other two men walked each in one of Logan’s sides, with those damned sticks pointing at his kidneys. Even with that, Logan would have tried to run if the headquarters and the street in wich it was weren’t full of people. There would be shooting, and some people would try and be a hero, trying to stop him. No, it wasn’t the moment, he needed to wait.
When they reached the bathroom, the gurad opened the door and let his followers go inside, himself remaining in the doorway, blocking it. The military looking men walked with Logan towards a toilet, still one in each side. Logan looked at them and shaked his handcuffs.
“Can’t a guy have some privacy? And his hands free?”
“No way. Are you going to pee, or not?” The guard asked, and this time both men pressed their weapons on Logan’s body, but without using it, yet.
“’k, ‘k, I get it.” Logan fumbled with his zip and opened his pants. “At least look away, guys. Three minutes, no more.”
The two men looked at each other over Logan’s head and shrugged, turning to look directly in front of them. At least it was something. Logan peeded, washed his hands, and the foursome walked back to the basement.
When they accompanied him inside the room, Logan looked at the table and two chairs that were its only furniture.
“Are you going to keep me in here until the trial? Without a bed or even a toilet?”
“Nope, we’re taking you to Quebec in mere hours. You’re goung to be judged by a military court.” The guard answered before closing the door.
Logan smirked. So, they were taking him out of there? Well, then he was going to use that to escape. Even if they’ll take him to Quebec by plane, the next airport was fifteen miles from the town, and in a wooded region. And he knew how to survive in the woods, at least until he could contact somebody and start looking for evidences in his favour. He sat down and started to think about his plan. He could bet that those special ops bastards were going to be glued to his ass, with those damned weapons. But he wasn’t worried. A good agent kept some secrets, even from his family and bosses. And Logan had kept his biggest secret: his claws. Three bone claws in each arm, each one one foot long. And even if he wasn’t sure that it could rip through a kevlar vest, the men didn’t have kevlar in all their bodies, so Logan would be able to get rid of them. Now, the handcuffs would be a problem… He wasn’t going to convice them to release his hands, and he couldn’t break the handcuffs, he had tried. Well, he was going to cross that bridge when he’ll reach it.
This time, hours seemed to fly while Logan sat there, thinking and planning. The door opened again and the two special ops agents (Dumb and Dumber, Logan had started to call them mentally) stepped in and grabbed his arms, dragging him up and towards the door. It seemed like they didn’t want him to pull the same not-moving trick he did before. When they reached the ground floor, Logan realized why they had spent so much time in his transfer. The headquarters were full of militars, while the streets were empty. Less than three hours ago, almost all the town had been there, shouting insults and threatening him with death, and now it was completely empty. Logan supposed that they didn’t want posible accomplices or worse, hostages, around. They took Logan to a military van, and Dumb and Dumber sit in the back with him. Before they closed the doors and the vehicle started moving, Logan could see two jeeps and four motorcycles ready to escort the van.
During the travel, Logan kept his hands between his legs, and mentally visuallized the road and its surroundings. When he thought that they were far enough for the town, he glanced at Dumb and Dumber. They were still looking at him, but Logan knew that, in their position, they couldn’t see his hands. Clenching his theet, he broke the first metacarp of his left hand, moving the tumb out of the way for the handcuff to slip out. Then, he released his claws and, in the same movement, atacked Dumb, who was at his right side, and Dumber, who was in front of him. Logan didn’t wait to cheek if they were dead or alive, he kicked open the van’s door and tossed Dumber out, before jumping himself. The van was still moving, and Logan knew that they would have perfectly well passed over him, but he also knew that they would slow down if they were about to run over one of their teammates. And so they did. Logan rolled in the ground and started to run as soon as his feet were secure on the ground. The vehicles kicked the brakes, and the motorcycles turned around and speeded after him, but Logan had the surprise on his sidech the woods before they catched him. The men in one of the jeeps started shooting and two bullets impacted Logan, one in his left shoulder and the other in his ass, making him loose a little the pace. But Logan was used to be shoot at, and both his powers and the adrenaline pumping through his sistem allowed him to continue his run. Only when he was deep enough into the woods did Logan slow down. They were following him, but he used all the tricks he knew to loose them, and soon they were informing headquarters about his escape, and asking for reinforces. When Logan was sure that they weren’t following him, he started walking towards a zone in wich he knew that were some old logs. He needed some secure place to rest and get rid of the handcuffs and the bullets.
Ororo Munroe was working on her garden, making sure that all her newly planted medicinal herbs were pecfectly sane. She took a deep breath and smiled. She was really glad of her decision of moving to Canada. She needed that: wild nature and loneliness. Maybe she would have moved back to Africa, but her mother’s natal country was at war, and she needed peace after her disastrous marriage. She needed to be herself, whatever she was, not an exotic accesory for a selfish man. Satisfied with her work, Ororo cleaned her hands in her blue overalls and started to get up.
A pair of arms grabbed her for behind. The right hand, with a handcuff in it, closed over her mouth, while the right one, claws protuding between knuckles, threathened her throat.
“Don’t move or try to scream, darling.” A deep voice said in her ear. “You choose a dangerous place to live in.”





You must login () to review.