A/N: Sorry it took so long, I had problems with the fighting... Hope you like it. Oh, and anything between :: :: means thoughts.
Disclaimer: I swear they're not mine!

Bang!!:

Ororo could feel the man’s hard breathing in her neck. She was taller than him, but he seemed built like a truck, and those claws of his were pretty scaring. Maybe she could use her powers, zap him or something, but she didn’t want to think about what would happen if she failed. Swallowing a huge lump that had formed on her throath, she spoke.
“You don’t need to threaten me, I’ll collaborate with you.”
She heard a deep chuckle and felt the man’s chest ripple against her back. “Sorry, darling, I’m not gonna let anybody betray me, again. Now, move.”
Putting one of his hands around her throath and the claws of the other against her back, Logan pushed her towards the house. He kept his eyes glued to her, not wanting her to escape, but his other senses were focused on the woods. Logan knew that the soldiers were looking for him, and with reinforcements, too. He had managed to loose them for some hours, but he really didn’t expect to find anybody in the woods. He was confused about what to do, and he didn’t like that. When they entered Ororo’s house, Logan pushed her to her knees.
“Stay there, darling.” He growled at her.
Ororo looked at him angrily for a moment, until she saw the look on his face. He didn’t seem angry, he was way past the anger. Ororo recoiled slowly, stopping only when her back was against the wall, knees pulled up in front of her. She saw him roaming the house, looking in every corner for somebody hiding there. He unplugged the phone and even the computer. Logan only seemed to calm down when he realized that nobody else was there. He looked through the window and closed the curtains, then turned and stared at her.
“They wouldn’t hurt an innocent, would they?” He asked, more to himself than to her.
“Who?” Ororo asked, against her common sense that tried to convice her to run, zap him or hide, not give him conversation.
“The army, the police…” Logan answered, mumbling, still deep in thought.
Logan raised his hands to pass them trough his hair, and he stared at the handcuffs. He looked twice from the handcuffs to Ororo, remembering some old jobs and with a plan forming in his mind, and smirked. Ororo didn’t like that smirk, but before she could react, Logan strolled towards her and handcuffed himself to her. Ororo shook her arm, trying to free it, but Logan responded to that with a hard pull from his end.
“Be still, darling… You don’t want to hurt yourself, do you?” He said quietly.
“Who are you? What do you want from me?” Ororo asked, trying to distract him while she found a way to free herself… if she only could take one hairpin out without him noticing it…
“Who am I?” He seemed surpirsed, but then he remembered that there wasn’t a TV in the house. Still, she could have seen the news in internet, but it seemed the contrary. He moved his head, not really wanting to answer and get in a discussion about his innocence, not when his followers were near. “Who I am isn’t important, darling. And you… you’re my human shield. Just to make sure they don’t get violent with me.”
Ororo looked at him with fearfull eyes. She, a human shield? Against what? He said something about the army and the police, who was this man? What had he done? Closing her eyes for a brief moment, she tried to summon all her courage and continue with her plan, moving a hand slowly towards her hair, like if she was going to rub her neck. When nothing stopped her, she oppened her eyes, glad that he seemed to think that she wasn’t dangerous. Ororo took one hairpin out of her hair, noticing that her captor seemed to be focused in the window, not in her. She was trying to use that at her favour when Logan pulled her towards him, and just in time, because seconds after that a beautiful vase that was just behind her exploded in tiny pieces. Ororo looked at it and then at the window. There was a bullet hole on it. Somebody had tried to shoot her!
“They’re using silencers, shit.” Logan mumbled, and moved one step towards the window, keeping Ororo behind him. Strange from somebody who just had called her his ‘human shield’, she thought. “Hey, you out there! I have an hostage! Stop or I’ll kill her!” He shouted.
During a minute, Ororo thought that they were going to do as he said, but then another bullet ended the work the first had started, breaking the window glass. Logan growled. Ororo tried to convice herself that it couldn’t be, by any means, a growl, but when he did it again she was conviced it was real. Logan launched himself under a table, with her tagging along, even unwillingly. When he seemed sure that no bullet could reach them, he looked at Ororo like if it was her fault that they were sooting at them.
“This wasn’t supposed to happen.” He growled. “Cammon, where’s the fucking ‘To Protect and To Serve’? Are they willing to kill an innocent?” Another round of shooting, this time without silencers, was his only answer.
“I think that this means yes.” Ororo said to him, and got a little more confortable under the table. More confortable and more protected, too. “What are we going to do?”
“Run.” He answered, with a tone that showed that he didn’t like that one bit. “I could fight, but not with you being dragged along. On the count of three.”
“Wait.” Logan looked at her with a raised eyebrow. “I can take care of the handcuffs.” She showed him the hairpin. Since Logan seemed as confused as before, she sighed. “I know how to pick locks.”
A noise let them know that the soldiers were entering the house. Logan looked in the direction of the sound and back at Ororo, growling low in his troath.
“Do it. Hurry.” He ordered.
Ororo took a deep breath, forcing herself to block out all around her, focusing on the lock she needed to open. She hadn’t done that since she was a teenager, but it wasn’t something you could forget. ::Once a thief, always a thief.:: She thought. ::If my husband would see me know… :: That brought a smile to her lips, and Logan was about to ask her what did she find so amusing when his handcuff fell open. Without even a thought, he launched himself towards the four soldiers that had entered the house. They shoot at him, but that only served to enrage him more. Ororo watched him, fascinated. His movements seemed so fluid, so easy… It was like he was born to that, to the figthing. There weren’t unneeded movements, and he was able to change them in less than a second, if it was needed. It was like a dance, a deadly one.
Ororo took out her handcuff and watched the soldiers reaction. The first four were in the floor, bleeding, but there were more, much more around Logan now. Nor that their numerical superiority was helping them any. They could be trained for the battle, but it was obvious that they weren’t trained to fight against someone like him hand to hand. Instead of moving like one, as she had seen the zebras do in the sabana, they moved without count with their teammates. That, in such a closed pace like the house, was an error. The only thing they achieved was put themselves in the way of the others.
Even though he was a criminal, he had kidnapped her and threatened her with using her as human shield, Ororo found herself wanting to clap. Seeing him fighting was… beautiful wasn’t the word, it was much more, it was primal, mesmerizing. So much, that Ororo didn’t notice that she had moved out from under the table, and that a soldier was moving towards her. That is, until Logan turned around and yelled in her direction.
Ororo looked around and saw the soldier pointing at her with his rifle. She put her hands up, in the tyical surrender gesture.
“Don’t shoot. I’m his hostage.” She said, but he didn’t seem to hear her. That, or he didn’t care.
Ororo saw him starting to pull the trigger, and reacted in mere seconds. Her eyes turned white, energy crackled around her and her hair was spreaded by an out-of-nowhere wind. The same wind got stronger and raised her in the air. Logan and the soldiers looked at her in awe. Without a shadow of doubt, Ororo hold a hand towards the one threatening her, and the wind changed directions and sent him flying away.
Outside the house, unknown to Logan and Ororo, a snipper was waiting orders. He had had his rifle pointing towards Logan until Ororo showed her powers. Then, he put her in his sight and informed his superior about what had happened, asking what to do. The orders didn’t get long. Hearing them, the snipped nodded and pulled the trigger.


BANG





You must login () to review.