::Storm, I need you to find Wolverine. He left the mansion without a word, and has been gone in five days now::

The telepathic voice of Charles Xavier reached Ororo as she was about to descend to the ground. The winds which carried her rippled the light cloak that were attached to her uniform. She wore a dark tight fitting cat-suit, that followed her slender body. She was a tall woman with dark complexion and hair as white as new fallen snow. Even though she was tired from the long flight from Hong Kong, she still looked regal. It was not difficult to understand why people called her a goddess, as she now sped through the air. Her hair rippled around her shoulders. The mansion lay just ahead of her. From her aerial view it looked even more magnificent. The several stores building were surrounded by green grass and a small forest patch, just beside a glittering lake. Further away, a greater forest spread out. She could spot her greenhouse, and wondered briefly how her plants had fared during her absence.

::I am on my way Charles. I will see you immediately::

Ororo sighed, as she floated down on the ground at the entrance to the mansion. Dust swirled around her as she approached the door. It was a hot and bright summer day and barely a cloud marked the blue sky. This would be a perfect day to enjoy the stillness and beauty of nature. But no. She had not even returned from a mission, and now she was sent to another? No she wasn’t fair. It had been a private mission she had been on in Hong Kong, even if it had been some difficulties, she had enjoyed the visit. It had been a long flight, and she was tired from traveling.

:: I am sorry Ororo, I wouldn’t ask you of this, but you are the only adult around that I trust to look for him. I wouldn’t ask this of you if it wasn’t important::

She suppressed another sigh as she opened the door to the dark hallway. It was empty and quiet. It was just one more week until the summer holiday ended, and there wasn’t as many students as there usually was. She had hoped to take some rest this final week, to really spoil herself and take it easy. She smiled ruefully as she walked the long hallways, turned a corner and continued to the professors office. Standing at the large oaken door, she knocked once, and then entered.
The professor sat behind the big desk at the window. Worry creased the African beauty’s feature as she laid her blue eyes on the tired and much more aged professor. He sat slumped in his wheelchair, watching her approach with tired old eyes. She dropped the dusty traveling bag at the door and hurried to his side, where she sank to her knees and took one of his hands in hers. She could sense his distress and it was alarming her.

“Charles, what is wrong? You do not look well”

concern filled her voice, and she looked beseechingly at him. The professor sighed, and ran a hand over his eyes.

“I am fine Ororo. I’m just worried about Logan. He wasn’t himself before he disappeared. I have tried to find him, but I can’t get a lock on him. Not even with cerebros help”

She pushed away her own tiredness. The professor usually didn’t worry without a cause.

“Charles, you know Logan. Sometimes he needs time alone and leaves. You know he can be away for several months without letting us know”

The bald professor shook his head

“No Storm, this time it’s different. Before he left, he was barely himself. He was filled with such rage I’ve never encountered, not even with him. And there was more than rage. He was hurting, psychically. I tried to talk with him, but he shut me out, and then he left.”

Ororo could feel his worry, and she mirrored it, but tried anyway to maintain control. She didn’t have all the facts, even if it was disturbing that Logan left in that mental state, she knew he could take care of himself.

“Has anything happened while I was gone? Anything that could have upset him?”

“No, everything was calm. Most of the students are away. Jean and Scott are on vacation. Rouge, Gambit and Jubilee traveled to New Orleans. Betsy and Warren went to Britain. There are just a handful of students left. Logan stayed here, and seemed content, until that night..”

His voice trailed of. The weather goddess could see how this pained him. Her voice was gentle though creased with worry as she pushed him on.

“Tell me about it”

He slowly nodded and closed his eyes

“I never felt a pain such as his. It was so strong that it crushed my shields and made me believe I was feeling all that hurt and rage. I woke up, my feelings in turmoil and wanted to hurt something, someone even myself. It took a while until I finally could realize it wasn’t my own emotions. It took all my strength to build up my shields and find the source.”

“Logan”

He nodded and continued

“I could barely hold my shield up as I tried to communicate with him. He growled at me, and pushed me out of his mind. “

“He can do that?” she gasped. Eyes wide in chock. He nodded.

“Yes, he did, and seems somehow able to block me out even now. But I can still sense him somewhat near. He is in the region, but I don’t know where. Please Ororo, try to find him. With such pain and rage filling him, I am afraid he will do something…terrible”

The room fell silent as Ororo felt a sudden chill. She knew what the professor was thinking. Logan might try to hurt himself. Even trying to commit suicide…She had to find him. If the professor still could sense him, it meant he was alive. But at what state? Could he be hurting...or killing someone? She stood up slowly.

“I will find him Charles. I will go immediately, but first, you have to go to bed. You do not look well and could use some sleep.”

“Thank you Ororo”

“Logan is my friend Charles. Now go to bed. I will take care of this.”

A small smile curved her mentors lips as he bowed his head.

“Yes, m’am.”

He went serious again as he looked up

“Be careful Storm. I don’t know if he will see you as a threat. Stay at a clear distance and if he tries to attack, come straight back. I don’t want you to get hurt”

“Do not worry Charles. Please. I can take care of myself.”


At Xavier’s insistence she had taken the time to wash away the dust and eaten some food before she went out again. It was nearly dark, but she had a good night vision and could see clearly. With the vague description of where Logan could be, and her own suspicions she sped through the air towards the great forest, laying some miles north from the mansion. It was a wild forest, one were Beast led his students to study the wildlife. She thought that Logan could have sought refuge there. Not many humans visited the deepest region of the forest, and it would give him the solitaire he may seek. The winds propelled her through the air. Whipping her snowy hair like a silky cloth. Her sky blue eyes where hidden behind the milky thin layer as she used her mutant talent to manipulate the winds. As the forest loomed near she descended, flying just above the high tree tops while she swept her eyes down, searching for signs of a man. It could be a futile effort for someone who didn’t know Logan. But she did. She could find him, even if he wanted to hide. She raised her head up when in the distant she heard cries from a multitude of birds, suddenly taking flight. Excitement and worry filled her as she increased the speed towards the area where the birds now were circling. It wasn’t quite a clearing, but fewer trees grew here, and the ground was higher. As she slowly descended, scattering the alarmed birds, she saw what had frightened them. At first, she could just smell blood, fresh spilt blood that seemed to fill the air, making it sickly. And then she saw the beast, hunched down, and tearing the flesh of his smaller prey. A rabbit whose limbs still twitched as razor sharp teeth tore chunks of pelt and meat from the bones. The Windrider covered her mouth in chock as she recognized the muscled frame of the beast’s body.

“Goddess Logan!”

The man tensed, muscles rippling as he slowly turned, still grasping the bloody rabbit and looked at the dark skinned woman floating in the air. A low growl vibrated within him, as eyes not belonging to the man she had come to love and respect as her friend watched her. He rose slowly, blood covered his bare chest and the torn remainders of jeans he wore. His black shoulder length hair was in disarray. It wasn’t the blood or his appearance that sent shivers up her spine. No it was the icy blue piercing eyes that was directed at her. Nothing even resembling human was in that look. He was an animal, a Wolverine, the predator. He bared his teeth and growled yet again, taking a step towards her.

“By the Bright Lady, Logan, find your self. You are not an animal!”

Fear and worry threatened to overwhelm her, as clouds gathered in the darkening sky, the weather responding to her emotions. He suddenly roared and leapt for her. Without a thought, she summoned lightning. Thunder boomed as a fork of blinding lightning struck the ground between them. Hurling her attacker hard against a tree. The wind picked up in strength making the trees sway dangerously. Wolverine rose, slowly and watched her. Rage filled his blue eyes, and he roared in anger, but he did not advance on her. Just watched the weather goddess as she tried to control the sudden storm. She realized her error the moment she struck him. He wasn’t Logan. No, the mind that filled the body, was purely animalistic and she could not reach him, using violence. Logan was still there, but buried deeply. She needed to calm the animal. Remembering stories told by the fire when she lived with her tribe in Kenya, about bold warriors who tamed wild beasts, she slowly let the storm subside. As an animal, he knew that she was strong enough to defend herself. But she would not show herself as a threat towards him. Ororo let go of the winds that carried her, and landed gently on the ground. Wolverine watched. His lips quivered, but he didn’t growl. She didn’t approach him, just stood there, silently meeting his eyes. The wary look that had been in his eyes changed to anger, and a low rumbling vibrated through his chest. She cast down her eyes, in the animal way of showing submission. By doing that, she let him know that he was the dominant, the stronger of them. She could feel him moving. Slowly moving nearer. Not moving, nor looking up, she let him approach her. He sniffed in the air, circling her but did not touch her. Suddenly he stopped in front of her. She was taller than him, but still he seemed to overpower her with his sheer strength. He moved closer, their bodies touching as he continued to sniff. Coarse hair tickled her cheeks, and she gasped, taking a step back as a wet tongue licked at her throat. He growled. Heat rose in her body, burning her cheeks. By the Goddess! What was he thinking? He was her friend, and she loved him dearly. But no force on earth could make her put up with this. The winds picked up at her command, but before her feet lifted barely an inch from the ground, he hit her, hard. A balled fist landed on her stomach, knocking the air from her. She fell back, gasping, and he leapt, forcing her down on the ground with his heavier body. The milky layer once more covered her eyes as black clouds gathered in the sky.

SNIKT

She froze as two deadly sharp adamantium blades sank to the ground, pinning her neck down. The third middle blade pricked the skin below her chin, causing a thin tendril of blood leaking. This was her second error. As she had showed weakness, he had every predatory right to dominate her. To late she realized that as an animal, he viewed her as a female of the same species, and maybe a potential mate. This became obvious when he continued to sniff, low growls emitting. He grinded his body against her while his lips stroke the soft skin of her neck and cheeks as he tasted, both her scent and body. His body, made heavier by the adamantium clad skeleton weighed her down, pinned her neatly to the ground. She could fry him with a lightning. The metal in his body made him even more sensitive to her lightning than most. But still, even now when nothing remained of the Logan she knew, she couldn’t bear to hurt him. He was her friend. Her teammate. She had to help him, reach him somehow, but not like this. Goddess no!

“Logan please. This is not you”

She spoke softly, despite the agony that grew within her. Impatient growls answered her.

“Logan…”

He bit her, hard, even if his sharp teeth didn’t break the skin, it still gave her pain, and she gasped. He did not wish her to speak. She lay still beneath him, her heart pounding madly against his chest. He licked the soft spot where he’d bitten her, the sensitive area just beneath her ear. He raised his other hand, to feel her soft white tresses a different sort of growling, more softly, now emitting from him. She dared to look at him, meeting his eyes for a fleeting moment, before casting them down, when his gaze turned angry again. The look in his eyes nearly broke her heart as she started to understand what had driven him to this state. For just that fleeting moment, when their eyes had met, she had glimpsed through the window of his soul. Logan was lonely. He had looked at her with longing, a wolf seeking a mate. A lone soul seeking acceptance and to belong. This was what he was feeling. It was the loneliness which had driven him to such insane primal rage, and it had hurt him. She knew Logan rarely showed emotions that he considered weak. Even though he chased and flirted with Jean, he didn’t get soft. That was one of the reasons that Jean resisted. That Logan never opened up. He always showed the macho façade, never letting anyone se what laid beneath. Realizing this shocked her to her very core. She should have known that. They all should have. But Logan was too good at keeping others at bay. He was the strong, the confidant. He battled his loneliness as he battled against the beast within him, and now he had snapped. Lost the fight against the raging animal within him, and now it roamed free, making him express his predatory instincts. The man Logan’s feelings of loneliness became the beast’s desire to find a mate. He licked the small tendrils of blood that ran from the small cut he’d given her. His hot breath caressed her skin, as his body grinded against her. She felt his tongue trail up her slender neck, wetting her lips before he covered them with his own. This surprised her. And as she gasped, he slipped his tongue between her parted lips, tasting her. It was a considerably mild kiss. Not the sort she expected a feral wolverine to give. She was too baffled and shocked to answer his tender kiss and this disappointed Logan as he turned more demanding. His lips went hard as he nearly crushed hers. His claw poked at her throat, and she started to respond to his urging. Feeling her response, he calmed somewhat, and removed the pressure at her throat. She is surprised that she is letting him…abuse her like this. Because it was abuse. He would not hesitate to rape her in this state, nor kill her if she fought him. It was not fear of death or that he would injure her, that she allowed this. No, it was because she understood him. Understood his feelings of loneliness and his constant battle to keep his emotions in check. They were not as different as it may have seen. They were both children of the nature. Expressing her wild emotions, accepting both the beauty and wilderness that she harbors. Their powers allowed them to attune with the earth. She understood the beast within him, understood his conflicted emotions. As she realized this, her response to his kiss and touch seemed natural. The sharp blades withdrew from her neck, as she embraced his broad shoulders with her slender arms. Logan trailed with his hand along her sides, the blades cutting through the layer of her clothes, without harming her skin. She allowed this, and moaned softly at his mouth as he undressed her. The tattered pieces of her clothes were thrown aside. He broke the kiss, as he started to trail gentle kisses along her neck. Her body responded to his touch. His calloused yet gentle hands seemed to ignite the fire within her, making her warm as a long time forgotten desire woke up in the African-American mutant. Her breath quickened, and she caressed his shoulders rising her chest against him as he began kissing her nipples. He was urging her, slowly and gently, making her lose herself to him and the desire with every touch. She was ready for him, when he finally entered her. His own pants thrown aside, as they both lay naked on the soft forest floor. She locked her arms around his neck, and let her fingers tangle themselves in his hair. Moaning softly she wrapped her legs around his hip, as his thrusts became more powerful. They both panted heavily, and sweat glistened on their bodies. As they neared climax, he lifted her up against his chest. She held him, as she rested her head on his shoulder, and his lips trailed on her neck. He held her firmly against him and the thrusts became intense, rocking her body. She was lost in their lovemaking and didn’t notice the weather. Neither of them did. A storm was raging around them, responded to their raw sexual emotions. Clouds rolled in the dark sky and thunder boomed as lightning struck. The air grew thick with electricity that seemed to urge them on. Logan growled as a loud boom cracked the sky, and suddenly without warning he bit her. She screamed as the pain cut through her climax. His teeth tore at her neck, biting through flesh and shed precious blood. He drank the blood from the wound biting harder as he with a final powerful thrust emptied himself inside her. Her agonized cry was answered with blinding lightning that struck the heavy man on top of her. He went rigid as the first bolt struck, his back arching and lips parted as he was about to scream. The claws popped out, and he turned his gaze towards her, if he meant to harm her, there was no time as the second bolt struck him. She could almost feel how the electricity ran through his body, before he was hurled away from her. The windrider’s face was contorted in pain, and she gasped, touching with a shaky hand the wound he’d given her. Her fingers went slick with blood. Anger boiled within her, feeding the tempest that reigned. Slowly she raised to her feet, the pain throbbed madly at her neck, and she turned towards the beast that’d hurt her. Logan laid spread eagle on the ground. Eyes staring unblinkingly up, no movement, nothing. His chest wasn’t moving. Her anger turned to terror and she scrambled to his side. Kneeling at his side, she placed her hand on his chest.

“Goddess Logan. I am so sorry. “

The sky opened up, gentle drops of rain fell down, mingling themselves with the tears that Ororo fell.

“I did not want to harm you my friend. Please Goddess, do not let him die. Logan..”

She placed her head on his cheek, softly stroking. Her hand froze as he suddenly drew breath. She watched him, as his eyelids twitched, closed and then snapped open. It was Logan, the man, and not the raging beast that looked at her, questioning and confused. She cried out uncharacteristic and embraced him tightly.

“Thank you Bright Lady. Thank you! “

“’Ro?”

His voice was crisp, hesitant.

“’Ro? Ya gonna do sum’thing ‘bout the weather?”

She gave a throaty laughter, hugging him still closer. He returned the hug, somewhat awkward.

“Oh you infuriating old…”

She broke the embrace finally and looked at him, a smile trembling at her lips. She wiped the tears of her cheeks, and at his pointed looks at the sky, she composed herself. He was himself, and he was safe. She let that knowledge calm her, and as the turmoil lessened within her, so died the raging winds, and the rain stopped. The clouds parted, revealing a starry night sky.

“Good, now can ya tell what the hell we’re doing here? And why I’m feeling…Oh…fucking shit!”

Her worry that he would forget about all that trespassed here seemed unfounded as recognition filled his eyes. He looked at her, and she felt his eyes travel to the still bleeding wound, and down her body, back to him self.

“Christ”

He whispered hoarsely, raking a hand through his hair. She watched him warily and sat back, giving him time to collect his thoughts.

“Fuck ‘Ro...what have I done?”

“You were not your self Logan. Do not blame..”

She was cut short with a growl, and he snapped his eyes back to her.

“How the fuck can ya say that? Uh? For Christ sake, I nearly killed ya. I…I...raped ya”

He swallowed hard and turned his gaze from her. She drew herself closer to him, placed a hand on his arm. He seemed to want to draw himself away, but she held him, locked her eyes with him when he finally looked up.

“No Logan. You did not. No listen”

She raised her hand to silence him when he started to object.

“Even though you are strong my friend. Do you not believe I could have fend you of if you threatened to kill me? Or if you raped me? No, Logan, let me speak. Even if you think you forced your self on me. I do not believe so. I responded to you. Maybe you did not realize that, but I think you do. We made love. Once I understood you, I could allow myself to respond. Perhaps we did not make love as humans see it. Perhaps we were like...”

“Animals”

He cut in hoarsely, bewilderment in his eyes.

“At least I was…”

“We are all animals, Logan. But you and I..I think we are not as different as you may think.”

She smiled at his baffled look.

“We are both children of the nature, Logan. You have strong ties with the wildlife. I understand the animal within you.”

She hesitated, biting her lower lip. He watched her silently.

“I know why it happened. Why you succumbed to the beast within you. As we both have to control our emotions, I understood your…loneliness Logan. I too feel this, even amongst the X-men.”

“It’s different ‘Ro. Ya don’t kill people you care ‘bout when ya snap”

“Are you sure Logan? Do you think that your claws do more harm, than natures fury? Have you forgotten what happened when Doom imprisoned me? I could have killed you all then, when I was freed. Sudden blizzards and storms kill more people than your six claws could.”

He scratched his head.

“Well yeah but, that wasn’t what I meant, and besides, why the fuck d’ya want to defend me ‘Ro? I know ya could’ve stopped me if ya wanted. ”

She nodded slowly.

“I do not defend your actions Logan. I am aware that if it had been someone else, the situation may have been different. Entirely different. But as it is now. I do not blame you. You needed to let lose of the control, or it would have been worse. Be content that it happened here and now.”

“Count my blessings uh? But I can’t let it happen again ‘Ro. Hell knows what’ll happen”

“You need to let your rage loose some times. I believe that the Danger Room is a suitable place for letting your wild nature roam free, once in a while”

“Why did ya fuck with me?”

“Logan, I would appreciate if you did not say that word”

“Can it ‘Ro. Why?”

“I have told you”

“Ya said that ya understood me. That aint enough, or do ya mean ya fuck every guy that ya understand?”

“Logan”

She warned as thunder once more rolled in the sky. He did not flinch. His gaze was steadily on her. She raised her chin.

“Very well. I needed the intimacy that you offered”

Her brows furrowed as he snorted and started to chuckle.

“Does my answer amuse you Logan?”

The rolling thunder came closer.

“Jeez. ‘Intimacy’. Ya were horny. That’s why ya let it happen. No shit about understanding or that we are the same.”

A bolt of lightning lit up the sky. He turned his gaze upward and back to the angered woman beside him.

“I do not care about your petty assumptions Logan. It may seem incredulous to you, but I wanted to help you.”

“Yer saying that ya wanted to help me out with my itch?”

Her lips set in a hard line. Had she really imagined that he would understand? He twisted her words, to suit his own sordid thoughts! And he did it on purpose. It amused him, that she, the Goddess, the regal queen had made love to him…the runt! She knew she could seem distant and untouchable sometimes. But with her powers she could not express her feelings as freely as other people. Like him, she needed to control her emotions. He understood that, the bastard. She saw it in his eyes, and yet he wanted to tease her. The beginning storm faded.

“Oh grow up”

She sighed finally.

“Sorry ‘Ro couldn’t help it”

She shook her head at his wide grin.

“So”

He turned serious again, a small frown creased his forehead as he looked at her.

“What happens now?”

“What do you mean?”

She raised a snowy eyebrow.

“Well…I don’t know about you. But this is pretty big. Ya gonna tell Chuck what happened? Ya gonna be alright?”

“I do not think that Charles needs to be informed about what transpired between us Logan. And I am fine. Let us just leave this...experience behind us. I think that would be the best course of action.”

“Ya sure?”

He sounded surprised.

“Do you not agree?”

“Ya just wanna forget about this? Like a bad dream or sum’ thing?”

“No Logan. It was not an unpleasant experience.”

A slight blush crept to her cheeks. And she was very thankful for the darkness of her complexion that hid this.

“On the contrary. I enjoyed it until…”

His eyes traveled to the wound at her neck. It had stopped bleeding, but still it pained her. He winced slightly.

“I’m sorry”

“I have sustained worse injuries Logan. It will heal like everything else. Maybe I should be flattered.”

A smile touched her lips.

“Huh?”

“You realize what this means?”

He looked confused, and then it dawned on him. He swallowed hard.

“Oh fuck”

“Well. It seems that you consider me as a worthy mate”

A low growl vibrated through his chest. She chuckled slightly.

“Do not worry. I will not tell anyone. It will be our secret. But to be serious Logan. I think it is for the best if we leave this behind us. You are dear to me, and I feel no resentment.”

He cleared his throat several times before he spoke again.

“If yer sure. So sure. “

::Ororo::

The professors frantic voice filled her mind, and she winched as his shout was almost painful.

::Charles I can hear you.::

She replied calmly and mouthed Charles name so Logan would understand that she spoke with their mentor.

::Thank God!::

Relief washed over her, and she felt a sudden guilt that she hadn’t contacted Charles. He must have been worried.

::I could not find you Ororo. What happened? I noticed the weather changing and I could not communicate with you. Are you alright? Did you find Logan?::

::I am fine Charles. Logan is here with me, and he is himself...and safe.::

::For fuck sake Chuck. I hate having people in my head::


The professor had let Logan join their telepathic conversation.

:: I’m happy to hear you again Logan. I’m sorry for my intrusion, but I had to make certain that you were alright. Now I’ll leave you. Are you returning to the mansion soon?::

::We will return immediately, Charles::


She promised him, and raised to her feet. Logan raised an eyebrow.

::Good. I’ll see you soon then::

The professors consciousness left them.

“’Ro...yer going to see Chuck now?”

“Yes. I presume we are ready? I will fly us to the mansion”

“I’ll use my legs thank you. If it was meant for me to fly, I’d been given other powers. But ya can’t go see Chuck, not now, not like this”

She sighed and folded her arms against her chest as he rose to his feet.

“Why not?”

“Well..”

A sheepish grin twisted his lips, and his eyes raked over her body.

“If ya plan to give the old man a hard on, then I guess it’s ok.”

Her eyes went wide as she realized that they were naked. She looked for her clothes, but they lay shredded on the ground, useless. As where his pants. Well, she’d have to fly straight to her attic anyway to take a shower, and put on some clothes. She shook her head.

“Very well. Can you manage to enter the grounds without anyone seeing you?”

“Hmph! What do I look like?”

She smiled.

“Ofcourse. I will see you later then, Logan.”

She started to call on the winds to lift her up to the sky. He stepped forward and took her hand. Startled she looked at him.

“Thank you”

Simple as that. She bent forward and placed a gentle kiss on his cheek.

“Thank you my friend”

She responded. Understanding passed between them as their eyes met. He watched her when she slowly rose in the air. Craning his neck, he followed her flight until the darkness of the night hid her from his view. A multitude of emotions raged within him, he could not sort them out. But there was one feeling, that grew as the Windrider disappeared. It was a feeling of ownership. Somewhere now deep within him, he felt that she was his. He could feel the beast within him raging once more.

“Mate. Mine.”

He growled, before it could be suppressed. Logan went cold.
“Fuck” he whispered. Then he began to run.

-fin-

--------------------------------------------
what do you think? should I write a part two? There seems to be some issues left, at least on Logans part. But I don't know if I do the characters justice =/ I consider this short fic as a testwritning =)





You must login () to review.