A Summer of Sunsets
Chapter #12, “Something New, pt. 3”

Sometime After Midnight…
She didn’t know her way about the house, so of course he’d had to guide their already fumbling movements. Even still, they knocked several things over in their passionate haste”what, exactly, Logan cared not.

Halfway into the living room, he stopped her from backing up toward a staircase. “Too Far,” was all he breathed against her mouth, as his hands held her close to his body.

In answer, Ororo’s hands pulled down hard on the leather of his jacket, and it fell to their feet with little resistance. His shirt was next, and she smiled, pleased at the muscles that reached out even now toward her. She felt his tight biceps nearly crush her to his chest, his hands roving over her back like the man was trying to envelop her.

She could smell masculine arousal all around her, breathing deeply against the side of his face as Logan’s tongue seared the flesh just beneath her ear, and his sharp teeth nibbled on the sensitive skin of her neck. He growled again, much like he had on the back patio, and it sent a spiral of arousal straight through her to the pit of her stomach.

For a brief moment, his hands subsided, and he leaned away from her, eyes hooded and a darker grey than she remembered, as he watched her. It was a look of pure hunger she saw there, and it was echoed in her reflection within his pupils.

Moving away from her, he held her hand, and eventually she was pulled forward, following him to the soft cushions of one of the large couches. He was careful to lay her back against pillows, then hovered over her, his fists digging into the pliable fabric at either side of her head.

From her vantage, Ororo had an excellent view of his muscled torso, and her eyes traveled of their own accord down from his pectorals to the tight six-pack and couldn’t stop even when the beginnings of his ‘happy trail’ winked at her from the top of his buttoned Wrangler jeans.

Logan grunted in some surprise when he felt her fingers curl into the top of his pants, an index finger tugging gently at the silver button. In response, he lifted one hand to her face, a ghost of a caress against her cheek, then her neck and continued to the V of her shirt. He stopped just above the rise and fall of cleavage, his eyes coming up to meet hers.

Continuing their tit for tat game, Ororo popped the top button of the jeans open; Logan’s hand slid around the curve of her left breast down to the diamond-shaped, beaded appliqué that covered the shirt’s single button and expert fingers loosened the material in less time than it took to describe the motion.

He didn’t open the shirt flap immediately, however; Logan watched the rise and fall of her chest quicken just a bit in the anticipation of his move, and his own arousal heightened in the process.

Reaching out, Ororo pulled herself up to a kneeling position using his arm, and Logan settled back on his as well as he waited for her next move. Almost at the same eye level, she grinned at him, pulling his pelvis against hers by the top of his open fly jeans. She had seen the still growing bulge just off to the left side, and everything feminine in her wanted to expose it.

Logan watched her silently, his eyes shielded by a few errant strands of black hair. He had a perfect view of her cleavage now, and that fact only made him harder. Before Ororo could further explore that zipper, he grabbed her hand, bringing her wrist up to his lips, where he placed tiny nibbling kisses down the inside length of her forearm. His eyes held hers as his other hand carefully reached into the folded collapse of her shirt and briefly swept by the underside of one breast before snaking around her waist, pulling her against him.

He kissed her lips again, a deep, penetrating motion like it had been the first time. Ororo’s arms wound about his neck tightly, her exposed breasts pressed firmly to his chest.

After that, clothes seemed to melt away like butter on a warm afternoon. Lying back against the arm of the couch, Ororo didn’t feel self-conscious at all in his presence, even as he openly appreciated her body’s beauty. Tilting her head back, she sighed at the hot wet feeling of his mouth on her skin. Settling over her, Logan’s body was warm, and he wrapped his arms beneath her, stroking her back, then her side before his hand cupped one bare cheek.

A sharp sigh dissolved into an intense moan when his tongue curled around the peak of her breast. Logan’s intense attention made her squirm, but she arched her body, moving closer, and held his head to her chest in the utmost approval, begging for more.

As foreplay lingered, all she could feel was the hot throbbing between her thighs; it was uncomfortable at first in its intensity, but eventually subsided to a series of warm waves that crashed every time he touched her. After a prolonged exploration, she searched his eyes, about to beg him to put her torture at its end, when he shifted his body, arching upwards just slightly, his face still close to her ear.




“Goood Morning! W-ALK 97.5FM””

Ororo blinked, her face contorting, looking up; there was nothing there, only ceiling. In her room.

Sitting up quickly, she turned to the side, swatting the radio beside the bed as the DJ continued on in his chipper voice. She almost grabbed the intrusive device to sail it across the room, but thought better of that. Sitting back against the sweat-soaked pillows behind her, Ororo tried to calm her pounding heart and the still tingling sensation between her legs.

For the briefest moment, just before she was fully awake, Ororo had been unsure whether it was a dream or not. Hugging one of her pillows, she looked toward the dawning light outside from the terrace and admitted that she wished it not been.

A little disoriented, and with legs that still felt like Jell-O, Ro disappeared into the bathroom…for a long cold shower.

---

Downstairs in the larger study, Xavier wheeled a little closer to Erik, who stood near the wide desk at the room’s center. His expression was slightly pensive, but he remained quiet for a moment, turning a little to direct his attention to the door, which locked itself at his command.

“Charles, are you sure this is the same man? Can it be possible?” Erik sifted through the papers inside the long manila envelope, as if going through them again for the umpteenth time was going to garner different conclusions.

Perching his hands before his lips, Xavier stared into space for a long moment, his mind traveling back almost a quarter century to memories he hadn’t seen fit to visit in quite some time. Though he was a most gifted telepath, his powers stopped short of a photographic memory, and so he had to focus deliberately on the image inside his mind…he had to be sure it was, indeed Him. “I realize the chance of coincidence is astounding. But I’m sure of it. Ororo’s descriptions aside, I knew…”

“You said you found out shortly after they moved here several years ago.” Erik stopped riffling through the papers.

Charles nodded, glancing toward the door once as he felt a small group of his guests pass by. Once he was sure they had gone, he turned his attention back to Erik. “I needed you to confirm it, but yes, I’ve suspected the two men were one & the same. I just can’t believe Ororo ran into him like that.”

“Does he know?”

“He knows…” Charles said quietly, sighing audibly before he raised his eyes to Erik’s again.

“Why wouldn’t he say anything?”

“…Because I asked him not to.”

---

A Couple of Hours Later, Ororo opened the terrace doors beyond her bedroom, going outside to the patio where she sat in a cushioned wicker chair, absorbing the warm early morning sunlight. Folding her thick, soft bathrobe around her legs, she laid back against the headrest, closing her eyes & sighing deeply. Immediately, gentle, blurry images of her dream from the night before came rushing back, and she had to literally shake her head to clear it. Chuckling to herself, she couldn’t remember the last time she’d had such a vividly sexual dream. The mere thought of it sent a pleasurable current down the core of her body.

‘I feel like I’m 16 again.’ She admonished herself, watching the surf as it rolled in. Her thoughts had stayed with Logan all morning, and the night they’d spent on their ‘non-date’”if she could really call it that at all now. The lingering kisses that still had her lips tingling (and other places, too) called what they did something else, but Ororo was cautious not to jump the gun. She could tell there was something about himself that Logan was keeping from her. Even though they’d spent another couple hours after their kisses just talking on his back porch she realized just how little he’d actually told her.

At the time it had not even bothered her, as she sat reclining in his embrace, telling him about her father’s school and discussing the plight of mutants in Genosha, but now she wondered why he had done most of the listening between them. She knew he was in the military”he’d told her that much. He also mentioned being at the end of an extended leave, and seemed to look forward to going back to his post. She had no clue which branch he belonged to, or what base he was stationed out of or even why he was on such a long leave (exactly how long, he didn’t disclose).

Laughing out loud, Ororo realized she hadn’t even seen the inside of his house past the garage. “Well, I guess there’s something to be said for a little mystery in a relationship.”

Catching her breath, she lifted a brow, turning toward the west and thinking, ‘Is that what this is? The beginning of a relationship?’

---

Down the beach at that moment, Logan shook the water out of his hair, tossing a hand towel over his spiky head as he padded into the kitchen on bare feet. Grabbing a skillet from the hanging pot rack over the center counter, he set the range on and went for the fridge and his morning bottle of beer.

As he began to prepare a breakfast of scrambled eggs, maple sausage, ham and southern-style hash browns, his movements were automatic. His thoughts were anything but. Most of the night after she’d left, he had remained awake, sitting on the bench where they’d settled after the motorcycle ride. Logan had been painfully aware of the empty space she’d left beside him; her aura in the form of her unique scent sat at his side, reminding him of her soft, lithe body as she’d leaned into his arms. Even after he finally moved back into the house, he’d paced the downstairs study for another few hours, smoking five cigars in the time it took him to question every single thing he’d done that day w/ her. And a couple things he had not but wished he had.

Stirring the eggs absently, Logan turned just a little, to glance at the phone number that was still magnetically adhered to his refrigerator door. He had to acknowledge that initial curiosity was assuaged; everything that transpired after this point was completely his doing.

Standing there in an old pair of USMC sweat pants and the small towel still over his head, Logan couldn’t help but reminisce about the silken feel of her long hair, the gentle caress of her hands on his face, and who could forget Those lips”soft as velvet and full as a new moon..? ‘Whoa, fella.’ He glanced downward momentarily, smirking as he tried”somewhat in vain”to quell those sorts of memories and the uninhibited thoughts they provoked. He had already become painfully aware of just how long it’d been since those sorts of feelings had manifested themselves…

Setting his plate down on the island counter, Logan chugged the second bottle of beer, and dug into his breakfast, momentarily distracted by the cool morning breeze from the beach as it came in from the open door of the nearby foyer. Even then, only a few seconds passed before he thought of her again; it seemed that everything around him was bringing memories of Ororo Munroe back to him. With a cautiously wistful expression, he began to think maybe that wasn’t such a bad thing.



TBC…


Note: I apologize for the shortness of this chapter, but I really needed a good pause-point before the next set of events. It’s a short-un, but at least ya got a decent (:O) scene out of it, LOL!





You must login () to review.