Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of the X-men. Until I can save up enough money to buy out the character Storm Marvel has that esteemed privilege. I use the characters for the sole purpose of entertainment.

A/N: To anyone who is still interested in this fic i hope you enjoy the read and i will try to update on the regular. I'm trying to get the creative juices flowing. So here's chapter three. Sorry that its not that lenghty




“Ororo, come on now you dunna ‘ave to do that. Put the plant down. I swear if I did’na ‘ave closing hours you’d live in this nursery.” Moira said teasingly while summoning Ororo to follow her back inside the shop.

Ororo looked to her with a lazy smile, grabbing a rag to wipe the soil from her hands before heading from the backyard plant nursery into the shop.

“So quick to rush me out today Moira? Careful I may take offense that you don’t enjoy my company. ” Ororo said jokingly while leaning against the walls of the shop with crossed arms.

“Ha! Right now the state of your feelings is the least of my concern. It’s not everyday I can twist the arm to convince the likes of Mr. Cassidy to take me out.” Moira said coming from behind the shop counter with her purse in tow under her arm.

“So unlike yourself my dear, I ‘ave a date this evening.”

“Watch it Moira, for your information I do go out on...dates.” Ororo said to the older woman with a satisfied smirk.

“ Going to the movies alone with an extra large bucket of popcorn at your side does’na count as a date Ororo.” Moira quickly moved out of the range of the soiled rag Ororo had thrown in her direction.

“Alrigh’, I get the point no need to get all defensive. I’m just trying to bring to your attention that the time you spend at the mov…urm…I mean on “dates” could possibly be spent on what you are going to do with that building of yours. I mean come on Ororo, its already been five months and…”

Ororo rolled her eyes and shook her head blocking out Moira’s usual ramblings as she walked behind the shop counter to take off her gardening apron. Moira was heading into her same schpeel about the inquiry and state of Ororo’s building. Ever since the first day that Ororo had strolled across the Help Wanted sign in the window and entered ‘The Scottish Day Lily’ flower and plant shop; Moira had always been curious of why a woman who could afford to purchase an entire building for herself would want to work in the dirt.

Truth be told Ororo loved working at Moira’s shop. Each time she ran her fingers through the soil in the nursery she felt as if she was burying a little piece of her past away forever. The pieces that she could never fully control were wrapped up with the nightmares, the sins and the deaths. The years of her past were like an open wound that would continually pus over to bleed and break through the scabs she had created in her life.

But when her fingers dug through the soil she felt the wounds heal as she buried her past deep into the earth. Working in the nursery was like Ororo’s tourniquet. She had created a self made bandage to stop the painful bleeding of her past. And with every plant and flower she potted in her soil of sorrow she watched the petals and leaves bloom into beauty. She could only wish the same for herself though she knew she deserved much less.

So dealing with Moira’s occasional inquisitiveness was something that Ororo did not mind bearing in order for her soul to gain a minuscule of daily satisfaction.

“…just not natural is all for a woman to live in a building by herself. I mean just look-” Ororo leaned over the counter top having already tuned back into Moira’s worrisome fussing to cut her off.

“Yes Moira, just look at the time.” Ororo said while motioning to the clock on the wall. “I thought you had a date and here you’re spending precious time fussing over lil’ ole dateless me.” She said feigning innocence.

Moira looked at her watch “Oh my, the play starts at eight and I know Sean will ‘ave a fit if we ‘re late for 'Mama Mia.'” She placed the straps of her purse on her shoulder and headed toward the door in a rush before abruptly stopping to turn back to Ororo.

“ Oh I almost forgot, Ororo, can you be a dear and deliver the Chinese evergreen after you lockup? The address in on it and everything I believe its close by in your neighborhood, it should’na take you out of your way too much. I would ‘ave had Roberto do it but he had to leave early” Moira said with a knowing smirk. “He had a date this evening also.”

At that statement Ororo grabbed her apron from the counter and threw it at Moira. “Okay, I’ll shut up. But that was a wee bit of a weak throw.” Moira said as she closed the door behind her humming the tune to Abba’s ‘Dancing Queen’.

Ororo smiled laughing at her purposeful miss of Moira with the apron. She walked over to the plant that was already packaged to be delivered to scan for the address. Moira was right about one thing. The address was definitely in her area. Ororo picked up the plant and tucked it under her arm as she began to lock up the shop for the evening with a smile on her face before she made her way to a certain neighborhood dojo.


A/N: Thanks For Reading. Reviews are Always Welcomed. And of Course Gives Me The Motivation to Continue. But No Doubt I'm Goin' to Keep Keeping On Anways. My Apologies If I Screwed up Moira's Accent, But...Eh..::Shrugs Shoulders:: I tried.





You must login () to review.