Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of the X-men. Until I can save up enough money to buy out the character Storm Marvel has that esteemed privilege. I use the characters for the sole purpose of entertainment.



It was her scent that he first noticed before he had even saw her walking down the street. Logan had finished his last class of the evening and was locking the doors of the dojo when he spotted Ororo. She had a scent that Logan had become enamored by. It was a combination of almond oil and aloe and each time Logan was around Ororo he had to force himself to resist the urge to ravish her with kisses just to see if she tasted as good as she smelled.

Logan watched the late summer evening breeze billow around the length of the skirt she wore, the warm air moving up to caress the locks of her now shoulder length hair made her look like a goddess in motion.

“Good Evening, Logan” And the goddess spoke. Logan’s breath was hitched in his throat for a moment. But it was her smile that always did him in. The way it lit up her face and made her eyes dance with life. Oh, damn and those eyes. It was her sapphire gaze that always put him in almost a trance state. It made Logan want to gaze into them forever.

“Logan, is everything alright?” Ororo’s concerned voice snapped him out of his reverie. He was staring again. Logan knew this. But nonetheless couldn’t help it. He forced his brain to concentrate on speaking. ‘Say something. Anything.’

“Hey ‘Ro, Yeah. How ya doin’? His voice came out horse. Logan immediately cleared his throat at her questioning arched brow. Did he just call Ororo, ‘Ro? Where had that come from? He felt like kicking himself in the head.

Ororo looked at Logan while slowly repeating the name he had called her. Nodding her head in approval. “ ‘Ro…Ro, I like it.” And then she flashed the smile. That smile that bewitched Logan and yet made him feel completely at ease. Finally he could feel his brain start to function again. He smiled and let out the breath he had been holding.

“So, ‘Ro, What ya have there?” Logan said, pointing to the plant tucked under Ororo’s left arm. “Don’t tell me Moira is starting ta compensate ya in product.” He said with a brief chuckle.

“Not likely. Just doing a charitable delivery run. The plant is actually for your partner in crime.” Ororo said, shifting the plant in her arm. “Betsey’s Chinese evergreen finally came in. Is she still inside ?”

“No, all locked down fer the evening. Bets actually left awhile ago. Kept blabbing on about some date with Warren tha entire day.” Logan noticed that the smile on Ororo’s face had fallen.

“Right, Friday night.” Date night “How could I forget?” Ororo said with a heavy sigh.

“Hey, don’t worry about it. I can take tha plant for now and give it ta Bets when she comes in tomorrow afternoon.” Logan reached out to take the evergreen from Ororo’s outstretched arms.

“Thank you Logan. I should be on my way now. I’m sure you have plans for the evening. Have a good night” Ororo said through a weak smile as she hesitantly made her way pass Logan.

Logan watched as a possibly rare opportunity started to walk away from him. He remembered a few months back when he had finally caught up with Ororo to ask her out. Perhaps talk over a cup of coffee or whatever the hell it was folks did on dates. He had only asked her out for coffee that one time and she had turned him down on the spot.

Standing there watching her slowly walk away, Logan silently reasoned with himself. “Maybe coffee just ain’t her thing, but everyone’s gotta eat.” He said hopefully as he broke out into a light jog down the block to catch up with Ororo.

“Hey, ‘Ro?” Logan could see the surprise on her face when she turned around to find him at her side. “I was just about ta grab a bite ta eat. I was wonderin’ if you’d like ta grab some grub with me?” And then, there was that heavenly smile again that appeared on Ororo’s face that made her look as if she could walk on air if she chose to, reaching the heavens itself. Logan had to try not to stare at her too hard in fear that he may swallow his own tongue.

“Yes Logan, I would like that very much. I could go for a good meal.”

“So tell me what do ya have in mind fer dinner?” Logan noticed a shy smile forming at the corner’s of her lips.

“Honestly, I’m in the mood for a really nice steak. However, since I’ve been in this neighborhood I’m starting to notice that there is a server shortage of exceptional steak houses.”

Logan out right laughed at her statement, sharing the same sentiments. “A woman after my own heart. You’ll have ta trek long and far fer a good steak dinner in this city. That’s why personally I stick with making it myself. Can’t go wrong with that.”

At that very moment the words started to tumble out of Logan’s mouth before his brain could process the possible consequences. “ It’s tha same reason why I always keep a few slabs of steaks on hand. How about I cook for you?” Both Ororo and Logan stopped dead in their tracks.

Logan saw the astonishment plastered on Ororo’s face as she looked him over. Possibly to see if he was really sincere about his question. Logan silently berated himself biting away at his tongue thinking that: This was tha woman who turned ya down fer a cup of coffee in a public place. No way was she going ta accept a private dinner offer at yer apartment. Keep dreaming, bub.

“Logan…” Ororo slowly responded. “are you serious?” Logan could feel the weight of disappointment gradually coating his stomach. But then there was that smile that once again adorned Ororo’s face.

“Logan, are you telling me that you can cook?” Ororo asked with a delighted sparkle in her eyes.

Logan’s knees nearly buckled in relief from Ororo’s question to his offer. He quickly regained his composure , running his hands through his usually disheveled hair. Which was standing on end for more than one reason at the moment. Logan looked back into Ororo’s enthused eyes with a slight grin on his face.

“Well, “Ro I ain’t one ta brag, but if ya wanna see fer yerself the offer’s on tha’ table.”

Logan watched as Ororo’s eyes narrowed suspiciously. “On one condition Logan...”

“Sure, ‘Ro, anything.”

“ I get to make dessert” Ororo stated with a reassuring smile.

Logan looked at her with a sly grin “Can’t have a good meal without dessert. Looks like you’ve got a deal, darlin’.”

He said leading the way to his apartment as Ororo anxiously followed beside him trying to shake the feelings that this dinner was possibly a date.





You must login () to review.