Author: TaCora
Rating: PG-13

Disclaimer: Don’t own ‘em, Wish I did.


Whose Line is it anyway?

Two days later, most of the inhabitants of the mansion shared a restless night with Ororo and child still the topic of much conversation.

“So, now we have a child in the mansion.” Psylocke said after finding Gambit slumped against a tree smoking. She settled herself between his thighs, leaning her back against his chest, to enjoy its rise and fall.

“Yeah we do chere.” He said blowing smoke down wind.

“Wow, she gave birth. Who bloody knew she was with anyone? And why the hell didn’t I know? I mean, I’m a telepath and I didn’t know.”

“You? Stormy keep dis secret an’ not tol’ me. Me of all people.” At this point, he was sitting upright and his red eyes didn’t deceive his emotion. Betsy turned around and was facing him knowing what she’d see in his face. “I be like a brotha ta stormy an’ she not tell me. Gambit be…”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Pissed! I can’t believe Ororo was pregnant and she didn’t tell anyone, most of all me. I am leader and she is second in command. She should have told me or the professor.”

“Actually, lover, she did tell the Charles.”

Fixing his visor as he settled into bed, he stopped all motion. “How do you know that she tol… you knew too? You knew didn’t you?” Slightly miffed, he began passing in front of the bed. Of course Jean enjoyed the sight of Scott in his boxers but she new right now was not the time.

“Yes, I knew. I was also there when they were born and again two weeks ago.”

“ That’s where you went? You said that you were…they? What’re you talking about?”

“Did I say, they? I meant, he,” she tried to cover her tracks not once but twice and both times she unsuccessful.

“He? I thought it was a girl.”



“I heard that!!! Jean, what’re you not tell me now?”

“I can’t Scott. I’ve made a promise to Ororo that I intend on keeping.”

“How much do you know?”

“No hints, husband. Just be happy for them.” Scott climbed back into bed, still perturbed but somewhat calmer.

“Them? Look, I am happy, really. But I didn’t even know Ororo was…”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Dating? Who was ‘Roro datin’?”

“I suppose, my dear, that is something that you will have to take up with our resident new mother.”

“Ah tried to, but she kep’ avoidin’ the topic like a worm ‘bout ta be bait. Ya know, Hank, you seem all to calm ‘bout all this, sugah.”

“Do I?”

“You knew, didn’t cha?” If his color blended with his emotion, he’d be a violet, velvet, walking rug at the moment. His silence gave her the answer she needed and her curiosity was well peaked.

“How’d ya keep this a secret and not tell anyone? How long did ya know? Ah bet ya know who she’s datin’. Come on, Hank.”

“No, Madame. It is doctor, patient privilege. You know that.”

“Oh, come on. Who was she datin’?”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey kid.”

“Wolvie, your back!”





You must login () to review.