Author: TaCora
Rating: PG-13

Disclaimer: The kids are mine. Marvel owns the rest ‘Nuff said


Almost Complete Family


“Wolvie, you’re back! I missed you, missed you, missed you, a lot”

“Yeah, I can tell kid. What’re ya doin’ up? You should be catchin’ Z’s or somethin’? Go on kid. I’ll catch up with ya tomorrow.”

“Aw, alright Wolive. But there’s a lot I need ta tell ya like about Storm and her baby.”

“Really? A kid?” He feigned excitement.

“Yeah, a lot had changed since you’ve been gone!”

“Night kid” Jubilee leaned in to kiss Logan’s cheek and was greeted with a familiar but odd smell for Logan. Burrowing her eyebrows she decided to ignore it for the moment.

“Night, Wolvie.” She turned and left to go to bed but that one thought was running rampant through her mind. Why did Wolvie smell like baby powder? Maybe it’s not him. It must be me. If Storm has me change one more diaper I may just demonstrate how sick it makes me. It’s a good thing I like the kid. Was it me or did he not sound so surprised about Storm? She thought.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Didn’t think I’d get rid of the kid so easily.” He said talking to the baby seat that was delicately hidden on the other side of the door and out of Jubilee’s sight. “Good boy! Ya know when ta stay quiet. You’ll like Jubes when ya meet her officially. She’s like your big sister, she just don’t know it yet!” That got a bubbly giggle from the baby and he Stopped to wipe his son’s mouth. “’kay now, ya really gonna have ta be quiet so I can get ya to your ma and sister.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the attic loft

Lyrical words of sunshine and love could be heard as a lullaby for a sleepy child. “Logan, where are you and my son?” She thought looking down at her daughter. “Do you miss daddy and your brother as I do?” They tiny pair of gray eyes and pouty mouth answered her with a yawn. “Of course you do.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the hallway...

“We’re almost there kid, just another… Damn, someone comin’. Don’t tell your ma I said damn either.”

“Not to fear old friend it is only I.” Rounding the corner, Hank made his appearance known although he knew Logan could smell him already as he smelled Logan. Gotta love those animal senses.

“So this would be the young man that Ororo misses so much.”

“Awww, she misses me!” Logan joked.

“I said young man, my friend.” He said looking over the top frame of his specs, taking a closer look at Hunter. “The only difference between Hunter and his sister are their hair and eye color.” His observation was correct of course. Where she has white, wispy curls and Logan’s gray wolf-like eyes, Hunter, has dark, obedient curls and Ororo’s sky-born eyes. They were outward reflections of their parents.

“Here, let me help you to the attic. If I don’t, it will be long before you reach your destination. Betsy and Remy, I believe, are still out of the mansion. So if we hurry, we will get there undet…” Halfway through the word undetected, Charles surprised them by hovering right in front of his office.

“Hey, Chuck!”

“Logan, how are you?” he asked rather nonchalantly.

“Funny, Chuck. How long did you know I was here?”

“Oh, not long. Hunter gave it away. Babies do not know how to shield their thoughts.” He reached for Hunter and held him in on his lap. “He is truly a magnificent child. I suppose he takes after his parents.”

“Thanks, grandpa. I think I better get him to his ma before he gets hungry. I am all out of the milk she expressed delivered. If he doesn’t eat soon, it won’t be a pretty picture.”

“Yes, I agree that is best,” he said handing the child over to his father.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her daughter thankfully asleep, Ororo took what little time she had to shower. With the baby situated in the center of her king size bed and pillows surrounding her, just in case she rolled over, Ororo made her way to the bathroom leaving the door open.

It was what she need. She needed every inch of her renewed body to be pelted by the pressure and massaged with by the heat of the water. She didn’t think she would have too long before she awoke, so after twenty minutes she forced herself from the shower. Wrapping herself in a cotton towel, she used her hand to clear the fogged mirror and see her new reflection.

“You look tired, Darlin’” She was startled by his voice, not expecting him to be there. “Logan, I hate when you do that, but it is very good to have you back and most importantly have my son back,” She said enjoying the heat of his chest pressed against her back and his arms woven around her toweled body.

“Your son? I thought he was ours,” he said nuzzling his nose deeper into her neck, savoring her aroma.

“Yours, mine, ours. It is all the same to me.” The rumble from his laugh caused his facial stubble tickled her at the base of her neck effecting a squirm out of his grasp and a bout of giggles.

“You know, ‘Yours, Mine and Ours’ is a good movie. They had enough kids to put the Brady Bunch to shame.”

“Oh yeah? How many?” she said peering at her son, whom Logan placed carefully next to his sister.

“I’d say more than10, maybe 16 or more,” He answered coming up behind her, placing one hand around her waist and the other on her thigh.

“If you believe that we are having that many children, you are sorely mistaken,” she said trying to concentrate as the hand resting on her thigh drifted upwards to a place he has gotten to know well. “Stop that, you animal.”

“Grrr, Baby.”

“I can not believe you just said that. Apparently, that was a result of one too many Austin Powers movies with Jubilation.”

“Look who’s talkin’ with your I’m-too-sexy-striptease and Ms. I’m-a-contortionist. I think that’s the night they were conceived.”

“They are beautiful, Hunter and Ananya. Thank you,” she said turning in his arms to face the face she’d wake up to everyday for as long as they shall live. “Thank you for making me love again. Thank you for your commitment. Thank you for allowing me the chance I did not have with my parents. The X-men is our family, but now WE truly have a family, with each other and OUR children. They will demand more from us than we know and I look forward to all that is to come. But I would be lying if I said that I was not afraid.”

“Ororo, first I should be thankin’ you. You’ve given me a past, present, and a future. But, love, I think I got ya beat in the fear department. Don’t let that get around, I still have a reputation,” he said while managing a grin. “I don’t wanna mess this up. I ain’t perfect, but…”

“You are far from perfect and that is just the way you will stay. If we teach our children perfection they will never have anything to strive for because they have everything, but you and I know that there is no such thing as perfection. We can teach them what we know and allow them to make their own mistakes, but they will be great in whatever they do. With all that said, Kiss me.”

“You’re pretty bossy lady.”

“I agree, but right now I will settle for being desirable.”

“Windrider, you’re the most erotic woman breathing in all the world.”

“Now, words like that will get you everywhere. Now shut up and kiss me.” Leaning in towards each other, heads tilted slightly to their respective rights were not allowed to meet in the awaited embrace.

“Wahhhhh” They both let out a sigh. “We knew it would be like this. We are being beckoned.”

“I am sure he’s hungry. We ran out of expressed milk. Now he can get it from the…”

“If you wish not to end up in the med lab, it would be wise not to finish that sentence!”

After nursing Hunter, Ororo and Logan fell asleep at extreme ends of the bed and on their side so they had a clear view of their children and each other.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outside

“Remy, I should have gone to bed an hour ago. I am exhausted. Will you join me?”

“Oui, Remy will join you soon. I jus’ wanna check in on Stormy before I do.”

“Okay love. See you soon.” After kissing him, she made her way to her room and he made his way to the attic.





You must login () to review.