15. Unique

Ororo found Logan sitting on a rock overlooking the steep cliff. He had taken his coat off and had a bottle of alcohol in his right hand.

“Logan” she called out softly.
When there was no answer, she walked up to him and gently laid a hand on his shoulder. He immediately went stiff and jerked away.
“Logan….” she tried again.
“What?” came the gruff reply.
She came forward and sat next to him. “I was looking for you” she tried with a smile.
“Why”
“I missed you”
“It didn’t look that way to me” he spat out.

Ororo’s heart clenched. It was true that she had liked Warren and had lost track of time. And Logan had seen the both of them together.
“Logan…that was nothing” she tried to placate him. “Warren is new here and I was just showing him around, and introducing him to the other guests…”
Logan interrupted her, “So why did you come here? Why don’t you go back and ‘show’ him some more?”
“Logan, please don’t do this,” said Ororo, her voice cracking.
“Do what?” he said taking a swig from his bottle.
“Don’t turn me away. Please….” She pled, tears brimming in her eyes.

Logan felt like his heart was being torn out. He could see tears in her eyes. The tears he had put there. But he kept his act on.
“About time, I did it. You have been sticking to me long enough,” he said rudely.
“I thought…. I thought…you…”
“WHAT….you thought I ‘liked’ spending time with you. You thought you were my girlfriend.” he let out a mock laugh. “Hell, I can’t even stand being around you.”
Tears had started to flow down Ororo’s cheeks and as if mimicking her, dark clouds gathered in the night sky.
“Go away Ororo” Logan said, looking away.

“NO” she said gathering her courage. “I want you to look at me and tell it to my face.”
When Logan didn’t turn to face her, she said it again louder, “Look me in the eyes and tell me that you don’t care about me, that you don’t like me…..that you cannot stand being with me.”
Logan took a long swig from the almost empty bottle. He then turned to face her, his face devoid of any emotion. He looked directly at Ororo and repeated what she had just said. “I don’t care about you, I don’t like you, I can’t stand being with you.” “Happy, now go away and leave me alone.”

Ororo heard his words and she would have died at that instant but for the pain and despair, she saw in his eyes. ‘Liar’ she thought to herself.

She nodded her head and started to walk away, but not towards the mansion but towards the cliff. She was going to get the truth out of him, even if it killed her. She was almost at the edge when two strong arms pulled her back.
“What are you doin’” he yelled at her.
Ororo pulled herself away from his grasp. “What is it to you?”
“You going to just walk off the cliff. You crazy or something?”
“What if I am” “It’s none of your business. It’s not like you care for me. You already told me that.” She yelled back, her body shaking with anger and tears streaming down her cheeks.
“So you are just going to kill yourself?” he asked incredulously, drawing closer to her.
She pushed him back. “Like I said, its none of your business.”
They both stood there staring at it each other. “’Roro…” Logan whispered sadly.

“What is it Logan? What do want now? Do you have something else to say to humiliate and degrade me further.”
Logan lowered his head in shame at her words.
“I care….” he whispered.
“What did you say?” Ororo wasn’t sure if she had heard him right.
Logan looked up straight into her eyes, “I care….more than you realize…I care.”
“Did you suddenly change your mind?” “Or are you just trying to save a helpless woman yet again.”
“I CARE DAMMIT’”
Ororo shivered from his sudden outburst, “Then why lie?” she whispered to him.
“’cause it ain’t right….I ain’t right.”
“What isn’t right? You care about me and I about you” she tried to reason with him.

Logan shook his head, “I ain’t right for you. You deserve someone ‘much’ better than me. Look at me. I am short, hairy, crude, no education, no past, no name...nothing.” “You should get someone who is tall, smart, good education, one who can fulfill your every wish. Someone, like…..”
“Warren” she completed the sentence for him. Logan flinched at Warren’s name. “You think I should get what I deserve….and you think that is someone like Warren.”
At Logan’s silence she continued. “So, you think I should go to Warren.”
“You know he did ask me out, and he is smart and handsome and rich.” “I think we would make a nice couple.”
Logan merely nodded his head in defeat. Ororo had realized the truth and would go away and he would be left all alone. ‘The Good One’ he would never be that.
Ororo came closer to him, “And what about what my heart desires?” she asked placing a hand on his chest, directly over his heart.

“Ororo, I…” he tried but was silenced by her lips on his. He stood there too stunned to move, while she bent to kiss him and slowly snaked her arms around his neck, drawing him nearer.
When they finally broke apart, both were breathless and their pulses were racing, more from the experience than from the lack of oxygen.
Ororo looked at him, her eyes brimming with tears, hope, despair, lust and…..love. “What about what my heart desires?” she asked again.
Logan opened his mouth to say something to her, but couldn’t form the words. So instead he pulled her closer again. Their lips met again for a second time. Unlike the first kiss, the second one was full of passion, like a fire, which burnt in both of them and threatened to consume them.

“I love you,” Ororo whispered to his mouth, causing him to jerk back again and stare at her.
“What?” he asked, not sure he had heard it correct the first time.
“I. Love. You.” She repeated, stressing each word, her cheeks turning red under his penetrating stare.
Logan fell on his knees and pulled her down with him. “Love doesn’t even come close to what I feel about you” he said pulling her closer. “I worship you,” he said almost reverently. “Ya are my goddess….unique…different from everyone else….unique….”
“Logan….” Ororo moaned, feeling his hot breath on her neck and his large hands on her breasts, kneading them through the wet gown.
“Yer unique…..my goddess” he repeated over and over again.

Ororo fumbled to open his shirt buttons, but he held her hands apart to stop her. “Take it slow an’ easy darlin’. We have all the time in the world,” he said, planting soft kisses all over her face and down her neck, causing her to moan.
“Logan…please…..”
They were interrupted by the start of vehicles. The night was drawing to a close and the guests were leaving.

Logan suddenly got up, lifted Ororo in his arms, and started walking to the cabin, continuing to kiss her.

Meanwhile, inside the mansion

Most of the guests had left and the mansion’s residents were lounging around. Warren had agreed to spend the night at the mansion rather than go out in the storm.
He was talking to Xavier about his company’s plans, when Scott walked up to them.
“Professor, Warren have either of you seen Ororo?”
“No” both of them answered in unison.
“Oh well, maybe she went to sleep. You know how she likes to wake up early.”

“I don’t think she is in her room,” said Jean. “In fact I don’t think she is in the mansion.”
“So where is she then?” asked Xavier.
“She was looking for Logan and when I told her that he left, she went to look for him.”
“And you let her go” said Scott accusingly.
Jean was silent at his outburst. Logan was still a sensitive subject between them.
Xavier broke the silence. “Scott I think Ororo is old enough and mature enough to make her own decisions.”
“Professor…” he started.
Xavier held up a hand to silence him. “Scott we have already been through this.”

Scott huffed and started to walk away towards the door.
“Hey Scott, where are you going? Out for a smoke?” ask Warren.
“No” “Logan’s cabin. I am going to get Ororo back.” he said tightly.
“Aw man, come on….What do you have against this guy? If everyone else here is cool with him then he can’t be all bad. In fact, if Ororo likes him, then he must have *some* good in him.”
Scott gave his friend a glare, which Warren shrugged right off. “Scotty boy, you don’t scare me. I was the one who used to make you puke your guts out in the toilet after an all night bender, remember.”
Scott didn’t answer him, instead changed his direction and walked away to his room.

“So what’s the deal between, this Logan guy and Scott here? He seems to really have it in for the guy. Some old girlfriend or something,” Warren asked earnestly.

Both Xavier and Jean remained silent at his question and the truth of his words.





You must login () to review.