19. Goin’ Out with My Girl

“Sure”

“Special date…shit. What was I thinkin’?” mumbled Logan, pacing about his room. He and Ororo had finalized to go out for dinner, to help her get away from the mansion and its punks. But apart from the ‘venue’ Logan didn’t have a clue about how to *treat* someone like Ororo. All his previous ‘dates’ had been army colleagues or one night stands.

All except Jean.

Logan was happy to realize that for the first time in ten years, thinking about Jean didn’t make him want to wreck something. He felt ‘calm’ now. Yes, calm and happy. He was content with the thought that had he stayed with Jean, he wouldn’t have met Ororo. ‘And that woulda sucked, *big time*’ he thought, mentally smirking at himself for thinking like Jubilee.

‘Jubilee’ she would know what ta do. With that thought, Logan raced towards the mansion. He had to find Jubilee.

Jubilee was in the rec-room, enjoying the latest ‘chick-flick’ with her friends. Suddenly she was yanked up.
“Wha…” she began, ready to fight off her attacker. “Logan, what are you doing here?” she blurted out rather loudly.
“Ssshhh…..” came the sound from around the room.

Logan lifted Jubilee and walked out of the room. “Wolvie….wolvie….Logan, set me down NOW” she cried out into his ear, causing him to drop her. She landed with a ‘thud’ on the hard floor.
“What was that fer?” grunted Logan, clutching his ear. “Ya gonna bust my ear.”
Jubilee got up rubbing her slightly sore behind. “That is for yanking me away from the movie, and just when it was getting interesting.”

Logan grumbled something and became silent.
“So what do you want? What was so important that you lifted and carried me like a doll?” asked Jubilee, placing her hands on her hips and blowing away strands of hair from her face.
“But yer are a doll” began Logan, moving the troubling hair away.
“What do you want Logan” asked Jubilee, using his name this time. He was acting uncharacteristically nervous and sweet.
“I…uh…you know….I askedororooutonadateandidon’tknowjackshitabouthowtotreatawomanlikeher.Ineedyerhelp,yagottahelpmeJubes,” he blabbered away.
“Whoa whoa…take it easy big guy” Jubilee noticed his nervous and agitated behavior. The nerve on the side of his head was throbbing ‘hard’. “Tell me again, slowly.”
Logan repeated himself, slowly, “I asked Ororo out on a date. I don’t know how ta treat a woman like her, ya know like on a date. I need yer help. What should I do?”

Jubilee was silent for a few minutes. “JUBILEE” pleaded Logan.
“Let me think” she said, holding up her hand to silence him.

“OK” she snapped her fingers. “Done” “Come with me,” she said, pulling Logan towards the front door.

Later, Logan’s cabin

“Ya think I should wait by the stairs,” asked Logan locking the cabin front door. “Shouldn’t I go ta her room?”
“No way” exclaimed Jubilee waving her hands. “Unless you want to jump her bones before the date itself.”
“Remind me ta wash yer mouth with detergent once I get back,” he said shaking his head. “Where did ya learn all this shit-talk?”
“Oh come on Wolvie…..It’s not as if you guys haven’t done it already,” insisted Jubilee, rolling her eyes.
At Logan’s sudden silence, she gasped. “YOU haven’t.” “WOW…..and tonight is the night isn’t it,” she asked more as statement than a question. Logan merely rubbed the back of his neck and shrugged his shoulders.
“Do you want to me to give you some pointers?” offered Jubilee, getting a scowl from Logan.

“How would ya know about that?” he asked narrowing his eyes. “What have you been doin’ and with whom, cause that asshole isn’t going to stay in one piece fer long.”
Jubilee disregarded him, “NO ONE Wolvie…it’s not as if anyone can get past my *guard* ogre. And for your information, you get movies about those things, real nice ones,” she said starting to walk away.
“Yeah, I know and they are all shit in a box” he said, following her. “Hey did ya just call me an Ogre?” he asked startled.
“Come on….or do you want Miss Monroe to wait for your sorry n’ hairy ass” Jubilee said hurrying towards the mansion.
“This kid is going to be the death of me,” grumbled Logan, following the same route.

A few minutes later,

“Do you remember everything I said” demanded Jubilee.
“Yes *mother*” grunted Logan. “No smoking, no grunting and no excess alcohol.”
“…..and complement her frequently – her dress, her hair, her mood. Girls like that. Can you manage that?” she asked, but didn’t get a reply in return.
Looking towards Logan, she saw that he had gone stiff. This would have meant danger except that his eyes were bulging out and his mouth was agape.
Following his line of sight, Jubilee smiled. ‘Complements – not going to be a problem’ she thought, looking at the sight before her.

Ororo was dressed in a sleeveless soft-lime colored, floral printed dress that ended just below her knees, showing off her perfectly rounded calfs. Just the barest hints of her cleavage was visible and her long slender neck was accentuated by a single gold pendent in her neck. She had matching earrings with emeralds inlays. Her long white hair were brushed back over her back, although some of them fell over her shoulder to the front. She had minimal makeup up on and what drew Logan’s attention most were her full red lips. His throat was suddenly dry, coherent thoughts having left his mind.

Ororo blushed at Logan’s reaction as she made her way down the stairs and came and stood in front if him.
“Logan” she said softly.
“Logan” she tried again, laying a hand over his shoulder, breaking his stupor.

“Uh…Huh….’Ro,” said Logan staring up at her.
“Is…Is something wrong” asked Ororo, suddenly conscious under his gaze. “Marie helped me select the dress…maybe I should go change,” she said, starting to turn away.
Logan immediately grabbed her hand, “Nnnn” he managed, still not able to form words.

“You’re joking….just look at him” piped up Jubilee, voicing his thoughts. “He’s turned into a grunt n’ drool machine and you want to change your dress.” “The only time you will get out of the dress is when he tears it off you.” Ororo blushed deeply at this remark.
“Scram kid” grunted Logan, scowling at Jubilee, causing Ororo to giggle harder and Jubilee to roll her eyes.

Logan offered a hand to Ororo, “Shall we” he offered, wanting to get away as soon as possible.
Ororo smiled at him, talking his hand, both of them walking to the front door.
Logan has asked Xavier to use one of the school’s private cars for the night. He would have been happy to use his bike, but Jubilee insisted that ‘any leg spreading’ on the first date should only be in the bed.
Opening the passenger door, he helped Ororo get in before rushing over to his side.
“Don’t forget what I taught you” yelled Jubilee as they pulled away.

“So you like the dress,” asked Ororo, mentally thanking Marie for forcing her to wear that dress. ‘A piece of Southern charm…. Logan will flip out’ she had said.
“Ummmnnn” whimpered Logan, still gathering himself.
“And do you like it on me?” she asked, referring to his comment from the night of the ball and gaining a smile from Logan.
“I like anythin’ on ya darling,” he said in a mischievous way, looking at Ororo directly in the eyes. “But best I like is with nothing at all” he ended, causing Ororo to blush a deep red and look down.
Things improved from them on and soon they pulled in to a parking stop next to a small house/building.

“I’ve never been here,” said Ororo as Logan helped her out. “How did you find it?”
“Uh….Sage” said Logan, looking at Ororo for any reaction. She looked at him curiously, causing to sigh in relief. “We came here a coupla times when I came ta New York earlier.” “It’s before I started working at the institute,” he added to make things clearer.
Ororo merely smiled and entwined her fingers in his. She knew Logan’s relationship with Sage and that had lain to rest any *demons* or *misconceptions* she might have had.

With that, the two lovers made their way into the restaurant.

Once they were seated, Ororo took in the surroundings. It was a small place, just like the mom and pop places she had heard Marie talk about. It was hard to believe that there was a such place just next to the Big Apple, the noise capital of the world.
“I love it,” she said suddenly.
Logan gave her a slight smirk and grasped her hand. “I thought ya might.”
Ororo squeezed his hand, “You are a very private person.”
“Ya noticed huh” Logan winked at her.
“Yes” she mused. “I might have ‘noticed’ once or twice.” “You know I almost expect you to have a ‘small’ one room cabin in Canada. Your own personal hideaway.”
Logan smiled at her. She didn’t know how right she was. “I do,” he said.
“You DO”
“Yup” “Although it’s not a one room one. And I have taken someone there.”
“Hmmm, let me guess” said Ororo, closing one eye and scratching her chin thoughtfully. “Jubilee”
Logan nodded his head. “I’d like ta take ya there one day” he said growling softly. “That is if ya want ta.”
“I’d love to,” gushed Ororo.

They were interrupted by the waitress. Soon they were digging into their respective plates. They had missed lunch and were starving. Logan had ordered a medium-rare steak while Ororo had ordered a small salad and the seafood surprise.

“I thought ya were a vegetarian,” commented Logan.
“No” “Although I prefer vegetarian dishes, once in a while I like to indulge myself….you know….*special* circumstances” she added, causing Logan to gulp.

‘What am I nervous about’ he thought, clearing his throat. ‘It’s going to be her first time, not mine.”





You must login () to review.