21. Marked

Ororo stirred, her sleep breaking from the sunlight streaming through the slightly drawn window blinds. Drawing the sheet up with one hand, she traced her hand over the bed. ‘Nothing’ the bed was empty and cold.

‘It had been a dream’ she thought at first, but her aching body and sore muscles seemed to tell a different tale. Fearing the worst, she slowly removed the sheet from her face and opened her eyes. A wooden roof was the first thing she saw. A wooden roof of a wooden cabin. ‘A cabin…Logan’s cabin’ she thought, smiling softly as the events of the previous night came back to her.

After making love, she had fallen asleep in Logan’s arms, lying on top of him with him buried inside her. They had woken up a few hours later and had made love again, with Logan making her come twice with his ministrations, before entering her. They had climaxed together and had once again fallen asleep with Ororo curled up and Logan spooning her from behind, his hand draped possessively around her.

Sitting up, Ororo slowly stretched herself, the sheet falling away from her. Opening her eyes once again, she saw Logan sitting a few feet away from her, looking at her. Her hands instinctively went to the sheet, pulling it to her neck.
“How long have you been sitting there?” asked Ororo, blushing at being watched by him.
“A couple o’ hours” he answered frankly, his eyes glinting in the soft sunlight in the room.
“You should have woken me up,” she asked softly.
“Ya looked so much at peace, so innocent, so beautiful…..just like a wild nymph, I didn’t have tha heart to wake ya” “Besides ya needed the rest after yesterday night” he ended with a grin.
At the night’s mention, Ororo blushed again looking away from his heated gaze. She looked up as Logan came and sat next to her.

“Ororo…..” he whispered, drawing the stray strands of hair away from her face, tucking them behind her ear, his fingers lingering on her cheek.
Ororo leaned into his caress, her eyes closing once again as she rubbed herself along his large hard hand. Logan chuckled as she let out a purr.
“What?” she exclaimed, her large blue eyes snapping open.
“Nothin’ darlin’…just thinkin’” he answered moving his hand slightly along her cheek, his fingertips caressing her hair.
“Ummm” moaned Ororo, once again giving into the sensations his hand was providing her. “What were you thinking?” she asked, her small hand coming to rest over his, just as Logan was moving his thumb over her swollen lips.

“Yesterday morning ya called me yer cat….” he said smiling at her.
Ororo stiffened under his hands. “Logan…” she began. “I’m sor…”
“Ssshhh darlin’” he said, silencing her. “I told ya darlin’, don’t be sorry fer anything ya do….or say.”
“And anyway I wasn’t thinkin’ about me” he continued. “I was thinkin’ about ya.”
“Me” she asked, surprised.
“Yup” “Remember ya told me that I ‘purr’ when ya run yer hands thru’ my hair…and that I am like yer *personal* cat” he said caressing her cheek again.
“Hmm” Ororo sounded, once again leaning into the caress.
“Well it seems that I hav’ a cat of my own.”
“What?” she exclaimed, thinking what was he talking about. They had been together almost the entire time since yesterday morning. “Who?.....Me?”
“Yup” he chuckled, giving her a lopsided grin. “Ya just purred just now and even rubbed yerself on my hand, just like a cat.”
“No” “Not me” she shook her head. “Did I?”
Logan merely nodded his head. “A beautiful, wild, …..loving cat.”

Ororo blushed and hugged him, her head coming to rest on his shoulder. She shuddered as Logan slowly licked her shoulder at the same spot her had bitten her in the throes of passion, as he came inside her.
“Sorry ‘Ro” he apologized.
“For” she asked raising her head, her brows crossed in confusion.
“Fer this” he pointed to the bite mark. Ororo couldn’t see the mark, but running her fingers over the spot, she felt the slightly uneven flesh where he had broken skin. She smiled softly at the memory associated with the bite. However, her smile fell at the guilty look on Logan’s face.
“Logan” she said. “Don’t be sorry for anything you do….ever” she repeated his words, lifting is chin.
“And besides I bit you too” she pointed out his own bite mark.

“’Ro” he said, his pupils suddenly dilating. “Do ya know what this means?” he asked pointing first to this bite mark and to hers.
“Yes, it means… we need to be careful in the future” she joked.
“Na darlin’” he shook his head. “This bite...it’s a mark.”
“Mark?” Ororo was momentarily confused, until the true meaning of his words hit her. “Oh….mark.”
“Ya darlin’ *mark*. It means I marked ya…. I claimed ya as my own,” he explained.
Ororo smiled and ran her hand over his shoulder, over his bite mark. “Just as I…..marked you….claimed you” she whispered hesitantly. “As my own.”
“Yes darlin’” he agreed. “This means, I’m yers….fer life.”
“Just as I am yours,” she continued, her heart bursting with joy and a feeling of possessiveness. She had *marked* him and had been marked herself. It was a primal mating, something which both of them had done subconsciously.

“Ororo, are ya sure” he asked, his lips suddenly dry, his throat constricted. “Do ya want this….want me.”
“Logan” Ororo sensed his sudden nervousness and withdrawal. “I want this….I want us…more than anything I have ever wanted in my life.” “I want this even more than I want life.”
Logan pulled her tightly to him. “What did I ever do ta deserve this….deserve ya” he asked, his voice suddenly hoarse with emotion.
“You came here…into my life” said Ororo, trying to lighten his mood.
They sat like that for the next few minutes, Ororo gently running her fingers through his hair, while gently caressing his back, as Logan rode out the emotions her was experiencing.

Their peace was disturbed by a loud knock on the cabin door.
“Grrr” growled Logan at the disturbance, clutching Ororo tighter, causing her to giggle.
“Who ever it is, maybe they’ll go away” the words had barely left her mouth, when there were several loud bangs on the door, followed by a familiar voice.
“WOLVIE” cried out Jubilee. “I know you are in there and I know you can hear me. Open up, RIGHT NOW” “or I’ll break the door down” she threatened.
“Shit” grumbled Logan, looking around, he grabbed a pair of sweat pants and began to pull them up.
“She’s just joking,” commented Ororo at his sudden urgency.
“With that kid, ya never know if she’s jokin’ or serious,” he said, hurrying out the room, pulling a t-shirt over his head.

Ororo got up and tied the bed-sheet around her, inserting its end between her breasts. She could hear Logan and Jubilee talking downstairs as she searched for and found a robe hanging in the closet. Removing the sheet, she donned the robe, tying it securely, before following Logan down the stairs.

She stopped short as she heard Jubilee say, “Oh god….you did it, didn’t you.”

Jubilation Lee had woken up late. It was a holiday. Kitty had told her that school was always off on the Monday after the annual ball. Besides, she had slept late, waiting for Logan and Ororo to return from their date.

Completing her morning activities hurriedly, she ran to catch the tail end of the breakfast hour. Once there she still couldn’t locate either of them. Then it struck her. ‘He must’ve taken her to the cabin.’ Suddenly an idea struck her. ‘Oooh, this is going to be great’ she thought, rubbing her hands together as she formulated her plan to *catch them red-handed in the ACT*.

Finishing her breakfast, she hurried to the kitchen and got the cook to pack two large breakfasts. Once that was done, she silently made her way to the cabin. There was no sign of any movement. ‘Even better than I planned.’ Taking a deep breath, she started banging on the cabin door.

“Keep yer voice down kid” Logan hissed as Jubilee talked aloud at the top of her voice. “Ya’ll disturb ‘Ro.”

Just then, Ororo came to the door and Jubilee lost her bravado for a few moments.
“Morning Ms. Monroe” she said, straightening up.
“Morning Jubilee” Ororo wished, suddenly conscious of her attire and her position in the eyes of the young woman in front of her. “Would you like to come in?” she offered.
“NO, she….” Logan began but was cut off by Jubilee.
“Of course Miss,” she said pushing past Logan. “Grunt-boy here didn’t even invite me in” she added in mock hurt. “I feel so left out.”
“Ah Jubilee, don’t do that” Logan knew the Jubilee was trying to play. “I know ya and yer games. Ya came here ta spy on ‘Roro and me.”
“No, I got you guys breakfast” she retorted handing the bag to Ororo, who took it and thanking Jubilee, walked towards the kitchen.
“So how was the horizontal wrestling?” she asked turning and whispering to Logan.

Logan slapped the his head. “That’s it. I’m getting ya enrolled in a Sunday school for gutter-mouthed kids. Where did ya learn all this?”
“Hey I’m from a 21st century chick from LA….DUDE, not some 19th century hairy-assed Canadian Mountain man” she quipped, rushing to follow Ororo, who was setting the breakfast on the small dining table.

As Logan and Jubilee entered the kitchen, she looked up and smiled at them. They were so much like father and daughter and at the same time, they seemed more like friends. The gruff Canadian, hardened by life’s experiences and the young and sassy Japanese –American girl, full of hope and enthusiasm for whatever may come her way. It was with Jubilee, that Ororo saw the inner Logan for the first time.

She had been intrigued by him when she first met him and although their second meeting wasn’t as *fortunate*, she soon lost her misconceptions and saw the different layers in his personality. On one hand he was the cigar smoking, beer drinking, hockey fanatic who used to fight in cage fight as a means to let out his inner beast, while on the other he was the Japanese samurai who meditated and performed Tai chi to assuage the same beast.

Looking at him right now, along with Jubilee, she could imagine herself becoming a part of his odd family, his pack as his life partner – his mate. Smiling at the thought, her hand reached out to caress his bite mark on her shoulder. ‘Marked for life’ she thought. ‘Just as I marked him.’

Logan saw Ororo’s smile and the way she caressed her ‘covered’ shoulder and had to suppress an appreciative growl, lest Jubilee got suspicious.

Jubilee left Logan’s side and plopped in to the large wooden chair, making herself right at home.
“Sorry if I disturbed you guys” she apologized to Ororo.
“Nonsense child, you could never be a disturbance” dismissed Ororo, before adding. “To either of us.”
“Speak fer yerself” commented Logan, sliding a chair back for Ororo.
“Logan” “Wolvie” came the admonitions.
“Sorry sorry” “Jubes, Ya know I am just jokin’, dontcha.”
Jubilee huffed her chest and turned her face up. “Good for you I do.”

Turning to Ororo once again, she asked. “So how was it? Is he any good?”
Ororo choked on the piece of toast she had just bitten off. “Excuse Me,” she asked between coughs.
“Aw come on kid, show some decency” Logan scolded her, offering a glass of water to Ororo and rubbing her back to calm her down.
“What!!” “What did I say?” asked Jubilee looking confused.
“Nothin” “Ya just asked yer teacher if yer *dad* was any good in bed.”
“First of all *DAD* right now she isn’t my teacher, she’s your date, your *girlfriend* and secondly, I think it is a simple enough question. It’s not as if I asked how many times, and in what poses did it.”
“But I’m like yer dad…..” insisted Logan, as Ororo continued coughing, embarrassed at the situation.
“….and you guys are together, so that makes Ms. Monroe *like* my mom.” countered Jubilee.
“There ain’t any winning against ya, is there?”
“No” answered Jubilee with mock pride.

“Well guess what, your *Mom* and *Dad* would like some time alone to themselves” Logan said, physically lifting Jubilee up, chair and all and carrying her to the front door. “So git.”
“At least tell me how was he?” she called out over his shoulder.

“Sorry about that darlin’” Logan apologized as he came back. He had sent Jubilee away with specific instructions to not to disturb them.
“It’s….OK,” said Ororo, not knowing how to respond to his apology. “I liked being called mom. I lost my parents when I was very young and it felt good to have a family of my own.”
“I’m sorry ‘Ro. I didn’t know,” replied Logan, laying a hand over hers and squeezing it.
“It’s alright. No one told you.”
“Hmm” mused Logan, standing up and pulling Ororo with him.
“Logan what are you doing?” asked Ororo, as he lifted her into his arms.
“We are going ta have a bath and then ya are going ta tell me everything about yerself, over a fresh hot meal” he stated, walking towards the bathroom.
“We!!” asked Ororo startled.
“Yes….WE….together” Logan winked at her, opening the robe.

Three hours later,

Ororo was lying on the bed with Logan resting his head against her chest, breathing his hot breath on her nipple, his stubble exciting the other. They had showered together, taking care to wash every inch of each other’s body, and Logan had carried her dripping wet to the bed, but not before bringing her to a crashing orgasm against the shower walls. They had made slow passionate love, climaxing with loud cries of each other’s names on their lips.
“I love ya ‘Ro” came the barely audible whisper from her chest.
Ororo grasped his hair and lifted his head to look into his eyes. “What…..What did you say?” she asked, her lips quivering.
Logan smiled lovingly at her, pushing himself up, he kissed her softly. “I love ya” he repeated himself.
Ororo threw her hands across his neck, pulling him to her, repeating ‘I love you’ over and over again, just as his words were ringing through her ears.

They finally made their way out of bed an hour later, with Ororo going back for another shower while Logan prepared lunch. Logan wanted to join her but Ororo and both their growling stomachs forced him to get lunch ready.

They ate lunch together, telling each other about their own lives. Ororo already knew that Logan was born in Canada. She came to know that he lost his parents many years ago and wandered the countryside, fending for himself, until a young couple Heather and Mac Hudson found him and brought him to America. They raised him as their own son and he had great respect and love for his adopted family. Both Heather and Mac had died a few years ago.

Logan on the other hand found that Ororo was born in Harlem, the daughter of an American photographer and a Kenyan tribal princess. She got her white hair and blue eyes from her mother side of the family. Her parents were killed in Cairo when a plane crashed into the hotel where they were staying. Ororo was the only one left alive and she sat for two days next to her mother’s dead body, which shielded her from the rubble. When she finally got out, she was left an orphan in a strange land. She took to stealing in order to stay alive. One day she tried to rob a white bald man, dressed in khakis. It was Charles Xavier. She was caught, but instead of turning her over to the authorities, Xavier and his wife, offered to bring her back to America and provide a home and education for her. She agreed, and has been with them ever since.

“I always knew ya had some royal blood in ya” commented Logan. “Ya have a sort of regal air – ya are different from the rest.”
“I know – my white hair and blue eyes. I used to get teased for that. I was called a *freak*. Once I was older, I took to wearing brown colored lenses whenever I was outside the institute and even tried dying my hair black, but it didn’t work out.”
“Na darlin’, ya ain’t the freak. It’s the people who call ya that.” “And, if any of them comes in front of me, I’ll gut them,” he added angrily. How anyone could call someone as sweet ad beautiful as Ororo a freak, was beyond him.
“Thanks Logan” Ororo replied, kissing him on the cheek.

They spent the rest of the day together in the cabin, returning to the mansion at dinnertime. Everyone seemed happy to see them. Everyone except Scott who was still nursing a serious nose wound, from the double punches he had received. Even he didn’t look angry, rather had a ‘sheepish indifference’ about him. It seemed that Xavier had finally had enough of his actions and had carved him a new one, or several new ones for that matter.

By next morning, the whole school knew about Ororo and Logan. Jubilee, who was already famous for being the *chink* in Logan’s ‘scary’ armor; rose even further in the student stature levels. She seemed to revel in her newfound celebrity level, milking it for all it was worth. Which other new student could boast such impressive *credentials*.

The week passed uneventfully, with Ororo and Logan falling into a normal routine. They met for their morning jogs, which Logan cancelled a couple of times for some *special* together time in the cabin. Later in the day, they had their lunch with the rest of the teachers. Whenever Ororo was free, she tracked down Logan and spent time with him as he worked on installing the security system or training the kids. Logan did the same with her whenever he wanted to take a break and knew that she would free and in her office.

They had decided to spend the weekend together at the cabin, away from the mansion residents and without any *Jubilee* induced breaks, hoped Logan.

---

Thursday afternoon, Ororo was teaching her biology class, when she felt a slight pain around her lower abdomen. Disregarding it as minor stomach ailment, she continued teaching.

Suddenly, she fell to the ground, crying out as intense pain shot through her entire body. The students rushed to her side as she clenched her abdomen, whimpering and groaning as the pain hit her again and again.
“Kitty, go get Dr. McCoy” called out Jubilee, running to the door herself.

“WOLVIE……WOLVIE” she yelled running through the corridors towards Logan’s office.





You must login () to review.