28. James

“Logan” the sleepy voice called out to him.
“Hmm….” came the low reply from a corner of the room.

“You are doing it again….aren’t you?”
“Doin’ what darlin’?” His voice was full of amusement and mischief, lacking the innocence he was trying to portray. He loved to watch her sleep; just like he had done the morning after their first time together….and she knew that he liked it.

A knowing smile appeared on her lips as she sat up, letting the sheet slide to her hips, purposely revealing herself to his glowing eyes, raising his pulse as raw lust filled his entire being.
“Ya are doin’ it too” he responded, his voice husky with desire. The filtering moonlight, falling on her supplemented her natural glow. Her smooth coffee colored skin, like warm chocolate, tempted him, causing him to expectantly lick his lips, her flavor still strong on them. His action didn’t go unnoticed, her eyes twinkling in the dark room, a self-assured smirk appearing on her full lips, swollen from his kisses, from their last love making.

“What are you talking about Logan?” she asked placing a finger on her chin, feigning innocence.
“Ya enjoy this…playin’ with me,” he growled, drawing closer to her.
“Not anymore than you enjoy watching me sleep,” she answered with a confident tone, which disappeared the instant his rough hand came to rest on her large breast, his fingers slowly circling the dark nipple before closing in on it, exciting it to erection, even as his mouth came down on the other, his tongue flicking over it.
“Logan” Ororo moaned, her body arching into him, her hands going back around his head, pulling him closer, tighter to her.

---

Ten months ago,

“Do you Ororo Monroe, take this man…..” the priest’s voice trailed in the background as Ororo’s eyes and attention were fixed on the man standing next to her.

Today was the day, the day she was finally marrying her soul mate….her ‘mate’, she blushed remembering their first time together, when they had bitten each other, their primal actions joining them for life.

Logan had returned to her. He had come back from the dead and tracked her down. Recalling the events of that day, she drifted away, a sense of joyous calm washing over her.

//Flashback//

“Come with me.”

Leading him with his hand grasped around hers, Ororo walked out of her study and into an adjoining room, across the hall.

Gently, pushing the door open, they made their way across the room, until they reached the *play* pen, in the corner of the room.

Peering down, Logan saw a young child *a boy* sleeping in the bed. A young boy – with mocha colored skin and a shock of unruly jet-black hair.
“My son” Ororo stated quietly, her hand never leaving his. “…..James”
“James?” he was surprised.
“Yes” nodded Ororo. “Named after his father,” she informed him.

As if on cue, the child stirred, awakened by his mother’s voice and opened his eyes.

Logan found himself looking into the sleepy eyes of the child….sleepy hazel colored eyes.

“’Roro?” Logan looked up the child’s mother, realization setting on him – black hair, hazel eyes and that unmistakable deep stare.

“Your son”

//End Flashback//


‘James’ His son. Ororo had told him – ‘His SON’.

She informed him that she had become pregnant and had been able to carry the child properly even with the possibility of medical complications. The only ‘problem’ was that it wasn’t carried a full term and that James was born six weeks premature. Thankfully, there weren’t any harmful effects and that James was a healthy, intelligent toddler.

She then told him that her pregnancy was a secret and no one knew about her son. It was one of the reasons she left the mansion. All except Charles, whom she had invited to visit his ‘grandson’ after James’s birth.

She then told him about her *marriage*.

She had worn the ring to fit in the conservative area and….to remember him by the precious *gift* of their time together. “Even after all that had happened, I still couldn’t bring myself to hate you,” she had told him. “I still hoped that you were alive and one day would come back to me.”

---

Logan had been stunned by her revelations. All his fears and sadness had been washed away by the soothing shower of her forgiveness and love….*for him*.

“Logan…say something” she had asked him, a worried look on her face. She was afraid that he would leave her again. She didn’t want that to happen….not after getting him back again. ‘If he’s back at all’ she had thought – a sinking feeling in heart.

“Marry me” Logan whispered – his mind finally able to form coherent thoughts.
“What?” his sudden proposal surprised her. She didn’t want him to marry her out of an obligation. She wanted his…

His next words halted all such *obligation* thoughts.

Taking out the velvet box, he opened it, revealing a beautiful diamond ring.....for her. “Marry me,” he repeated, getting down on one knee. “I’ve wanted this for two and half years and can’t wait any longer,” he explained. “Ororo Monroe….marry me…..plea…Mmph” his words were muffled by Ororo sweeping down to his lips.

“Yes”

---

“Ro” Ororo was jolted back into reality when Jean nudged her from behind. Looking around, her eyes fell on Logan staring up a her, a lost look on his face…her marriage…..’Oh god’….the priest had asked her ‘the question’.

“I do” she answered blushingly, a sigh of relief coming from Logan.

“With the power invested in me…” “…I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the…”

The priest never got a chance to end, before they jumped into each other’s arms, their lips locked for the first time as a husband and wife.

---

The wedding had been a joyous affair. Selling her 'business to her partner, Ororo had returned to the mansion, accompanied by her fiancé and son. To say everyone was shocked would be putting it mildly. Jubilee had fainted on the spot…her new *brother* climbing over her prone form.

Soon everything was back to normal. Logan decided to give up his security business and settle down at the school. He had a family now and just needed one thing to make everything perfect. He got that in form of a spacious five-bedroom house on the mansion grounds, with its own lawn and white picket fence.

----

“What are you thinking?” Ororo’s voice sounded in his chest as she lay over him, their breaths still labored from their intense lovemaking.

“About us” he answered, running his hand through her silken tresses.
“About us?” “What about us?”

“That how lucky I am to have both of you in my life. You make me alive, not just existing, but living in the true sense.”
“And….” asked Ororo, sensing his incomplete thoughts.
“And” Logan smiled, lifting her chin to look her in the eyes. “That how we can make it even better.”
“How?”

At Logan’s suggestion on how to *make it better*, Ororo’ eyes widening, her whole body turning red with a blush.

“Logan, we don’t know if that’s possible.” “James could have been just a fluke.”
“Well, then I say we try harder to have that fluke a second time, a third time, a….” his voice trailed off as he brought Ororo up to his lips.





You must login () to review.