3. Concerns and Heartaches

“Very well. One of the teachers will show you to your office. Once you get settled you can check our current system and go on from there.”
“If I am going to work, I’ll do it my way and that means your old system goes out the door into the recycle bin and I start from scratch.”
“It’s up to you to do as you wish. After all you are the expert.”

Logan grinned at Charles “Yup, that’s I get the big bucks.”

Charles turned to face the other people. “Is any of you free to show Logan around the school and help him in getting settled in.”

Everyone had classes expect Jean who didn’t volunteer her time. However, Charles asked her himself,
“Jean, what about you? When is your next class?”
“It’s at 3:20 PM Professor.”
“That’s great. You can help Logan then.”

Jean hesitated, but relented “Very Well sir. I’ll be waiting outside.” With that she turned and walked out the door.

The other teachers also started leaving. Ororo turned around “Do you want me to prepare a room for Logan in the teacher’s wing.”
“No Ororo that won’t be necessary. Logan will living in the main building but in the cabin on the school grounds.”
“The one near the lake.”
“The very same.”
“Ok then. See you at dinner, you too Logan.”

Logan turned to Ororo, “See you ‘Roro.”
Ororo was surprised at the nickname Logan had used to address her, but then smiled and walked away, while thinking. ‘Not even one day and he had got nicknames for half of us.’

“Anything else Chuck?”
“No, that’s it for now. Jean will help you get started. See you at dinner. Although the cabin has its own kitchen, we would like you to join us for dinner. The students and faculty dine together. It helps to develop a family atmosphere.”
“Yeh sure. What time do you want me to be there.”
“7 PM.”

“See you at seven.” With that Logan turned around and walked out the door.

Once Logan left Charles turned to the only other person left in the room.
“Yes Scott. I believe you have something to say.”
“Yes Professor. Do you think that it is safe to allow someone like Logan near young children, especially girls?”
“What are trying to say Scott? Please be more clear.”
“Well you heard what Creed had to say about him. That man is a trained killer. And did you look at the way he was looking at us. Like a predator checking out its prey.”
“I don’t know much about his past operations but I do know that he is highly regarded in his field of work and that he doesn’t work for just anyone. I had to call in a couple of old favors to get him to work for us.”
“Why the sudden emphasis on security Professor? You sound like you have an idea who is behind this.”
“I not only guessing but am sure that these thefts and last weeks attacks are the handiwork of my old friend Erik Lehnsherr. I think he trying to sully our reputation to raise his institute’s standing.”
“If that’s true, I agree with your decision to get the best security system. But I am still not convinced about the man you have hired.”
“You concerns are duly noted. Anything else?”
“No Professor.”
“Very Well then. See you at dinner.”
“Good day sir.”

With that Scott turned around and walked out for his next class.

At the same time, Logan and Jean-Grey Summers were walking silently side by side towards Logan’s new office. As they reached the office, Jean spoke while unlocking the door.
“You look good.”
“So do you.” Logan answered flatly.

They were entering the office. Jean continued.
“So how have you been doing all these years?”
“Like you care.”
“How can you say that, of course I care.”

Logan frowned, “Yeh, like you cared when you left and I had to come home to a Dear John letter.”
“Logan I am sorry for that. I didn’t know how to break it to you. You were always so emotional and passionate. I was afraid how would react.”

Sudden Logan exploded, “HOW I WOULD REACT? What did you think I would do? Blow you brains or gut you with a kinfe. Did you think so low of me? What did you take me to be, an animal.”

Jean flinched and stepped back in fear, “No, that not what I….”
Logan cut her off “Save it Red. Save it for your loving husband. The ‘good man’ you brought home to your parents.”
“Logan I….”
“Leave.”
“I still care about you.”
“LEAVE”

He stepped back leaving the way clear for Jean, who ran about rubbing tears from her eyes.

Once she left, Logan ran his hand through his hair in frustration and then “Yaah….” Punched the wall, indenting the dry wall.





You must login () to review.