Unbelievably Clueless by AngelAloft
Summary: In a house of many residents nothing is ever as private as you may believe. If you need a little guidance to find your way in a home with so many rooms, turn any corner and you may be surprised at what you find.
Categories: General Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult language
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 7864 Read: 8741 Published: 01-21-13 Updated: 06-27-14

1. It's cold outside by AngelAloft

2. Chapter 2 by AngelAloft

3. Chapter 3 Too foolish and too late by AngelAloft

4. Chapter 4 by AngelAloft

It's cold outside by AngelAloft
You know, I just don't get it? I live in this mansion see, no...no, not like I'm rich or nothing. It's a school. A place for others like myself to live and learn to control our abilities. This guy, Charles Xavier, well he kinda like opened his home up to all of us. You see I'm a mutant. I look just like a regular person does I guess, only I can do something a normal person can't. The rest of the world doesn't feel too friendly knowing people like me exist and can do the things that we can so this place is a safe haven for us. The world don't know the truth about this place other than we are a bunch of kids fortunate enough to be able to go here. Hand picked by the Professor himself; oh that's what he's called. He's probably the smartest guy on the planet. We have a lot of respect for him and what he does for us. But I'm getting away from what I wanted to tell you about. Sorta.

See there's these teachers we have who are mentors to us. And get this...they are real life superheroes living their lives in disguise! Yeah I know right! Pretty freaking awesome if you ask me, and even if you don't. They never want credit for any of the good that they do; and believe me it's a lot, but just like the rest of us they only want the right to exist without the persecution for being different. And the sweetest thing of all about them is...they are just like us with these totally awesome powers. Did I mention the guys look like movie hunks and the females,...well; let's just say they would put supermodels to shame. Go figure how they stay hidden looking the way they do. Humph. I can't figure it out. But again I'm going away from where I want to be. Somewhat.

Anyway, like there's these two teachers in particular, who even though they are waaay smart; they are dumb to what's so obvious to everyone else. Uh hem, me being the guy I am, I probably noticed it well before anyone else. Just giving credit where credit is due. Since you can't see my face right now I'll tell you I have a big cheesy grin plastered on it. What? Okay, okay,...back to the terminally clueless.

We have an actual goddess living with us and showing us the ropes so to speak. And man is she a babe, whoo. Without a doubt the hottest woman any of us have ever laid eyes on. If she knew I was saying this she would probably fry my butt. But it would be totally worth it for her to know what I think. Well..., maybe not if I'm not around to enjoy letting that bit of information out of the bag to her.

Anyway she is what all the girls would love to be and all the guys here would give their left nut to have.

I aint lying. She's got this satiny bronze skin that's smooth as butter with a body that is tighter than a misers fists. Her legs seem to go on for miles and man her eyes are bluer than the sky, but...they always seem to hold a hint of sadness. Rumor has it she has been through a lot in her life. I wouldn't know though cause she doesn't talk very much. Because of her powers she keeps herself pretty buttoned up, never shows any emotion. That being a big part of the problem I'm getting to.

Where was I...oh yeah, she has this thick mane of shocking white hair that flows to the swells of her as..., let's just say below her tiny waist. All of us guys wonder what it would be like to touch. It reminds us all of the clouds she's always high up in.

Nature is the only place she appears to be at ease in. Tending to the many flowers and plants around this place is a never ending task for her, but I have heard her humming as she does it. And you know what, everything grows under her care. Kinda like us kids, her students, even the ones she has never taught yet. It's sort of a fitting analogy for one aspect of her personality.

She seems shy and distant. But I know she is close to Miss Grey, another flaming hot teacher, who's involved with Mr. Summers. The Professor counts on Miss Munroe for a bunch of stuff. No doubt about it, she is the mother hen in this place. The heart that holds us all together. All distant foibles aside we all know she cares for us deeply. Too bad she can't open her eyes to him. The other one who is so like her.

Him being the other teacher I have been talking about. Mr. Logan. No other name, just Logan, or Wolverine if you dare. Talk about bad ass of the bad asses, that would be him. The coolest guy anyone could ever meet. Let's put it like this...his cool isn't something he puts on as a front to appear more than what he is. It comes from the inside of him and exudes out of his pores. Hell his sweat is pure cool genes elixir.

Women try to pretend they aren't staring just watching him walk. It's so obvious the man has the most masculine body any of us have ever seen. He's ripped on top of being ripped. Shoot even Peter looks up to him. He doesn't even have to try to have swagger he just does. And let's not forget his strong chiseled features, with the facial hair only he could pull off. Speaking of hair...he does have those weird tufts that are never tamed on both sides of his head. I guess that just adds to his appeal. Not to mention he scares everyone to death. He's the master of all kinds of martial arts and speaks more languages than I know of. And boy does he have a temper when riled! Well he has a temper even when he's not provoked. We've all heard that he is the most dangerous man on the planet, which doesn't surprise us. Yet, we have seen how fiercely protective he is of all of us here and this place. Like a papa bear or male lion defending his own. The man has heart, no matter how much he would like to keep it hidden.

It's no secret that he has had a thing for Ms. Grey. Much to Mr. Summers distaste. But I think that is what fuels his flirtation with her, pissing Cyclops off. and the fact that our beautiful Ms. Grey is not immune to Logan's pheromonal charms. The girls around here say he's hella sexy, while the guys say Miss Munroe is sex breathing, and she doesn't know it!

It must be nice to be the ultimate bad boy that can pull any chick he wants, but like Miss Munroe we all have heard he's been through some pretty traumatic things. And the outdoors is his calming balm too. He's always taking long walks or runs through the woods surrounding the school or out riding his hog.

Both Mr. Logan and Miss Munroe are quiet, somewhat tortured creatures who find comfort in the serenity of nature and both would fight for any of us and this school to the bitter end.

They are so much alike, yet miles apart from each other.

Neither one looks at the other and sees what could be. I guess they just see what they think is supposed to be there, not the perfect match that is right before their eyes, but just another X-man. That's what the superhero squad is called. Separately they are amazing, together they are awesome. A real force to be reckoned with.

That's why I just don't get it, Mr. Logan and Miss Munroe not seeing they are the other half of each other. So much alike. Her air to his earth. His night to her day. Her left to his right. His...oh,you get it! I know, I know I go on and on. It's because their whole situation can be so frustrating. Put each combination together and you get the best of both worlds.

Are you wondering why I have been telling you about this? Maybe because I am sitting here on the steps of the school watching Miss Munroe, looking fine as...you know, kneeling in one of the gardens tending to some kind of flower. She seems oblivious to everything, but it.

Mr. Logan is here too, looking over the grounds, really on the scary side like a predator ready to pounce. He's looking in every direction, but hers. How does a man not see her. So what if he's smoking a cigar,...smoke aint that thick! Hell I have better than twenty twenty vision, but a blind man couldn't help but turn his head in her direction.

I gotta go now. Good thing I have something to take my mind off of the two of them. I have a date with Kitty tonight.

"See ya Mr. Logan." I say in passing as I go inside to prepare for my evening. Not stopping for a response from him. I know one will be short; if at all.

He never turns his gaze in my direction either. "Humph, Popsicle." he says around his stogie.

Like I said the guy is way cool, but not smart enough to not be stupid about what's right in front of him. Thank god he isn't a telepath right about now. I quicken my steps.
Chapter 2 by AngelAloft
Author's Notes:
And the madness continues.
Oh dang! Miss Munroe stopped me in the upstairs hall to ask if anyone has seen Logan. And it didn't seem like a good thing. The papers in her hand and the inflection of her voice told me she wasn't exactly pleased.

I hadn't seen him, but ... I was inclined to follow her to see what comes of this when she does find him.

Didn't have to follow far. She's found him sitting in the kitchen eating a huge sandwich and drinking, what else, his favorite beer.

I'm not dumb I consider myself the top authority on these two. I walk into the large pantry and observe under the pretense of looking for something in particular.

She slaps the papers down in front of his plate on the table.

He gives her a sideways glance without turning his head and continues guzzling his beer.

You'd think with all that metal in his body the man would have the sense to at least be a little more ... I don't know, concerned! Okay I gotta pay attention.

"Logan," frostily.

"Storm," raises goosebumps.

She crosses her arms over her chest and levels him with a hard stare.

He raises one brow and leans back in his chair. This time his eyes travel the length of her.

She exhales; loudly.

"Something I can do fer ya?"

"I doubt very seriously if you would do what I really want you to, so I guess filling out these projection sheets for this quarter and last will have to suffice. The Professor needed them a month ago. Really Logan you are the only one who has to be coddled to do the necessary paper work around here."

He leaned back further and just continued to stare at her.

"I'll expect to have these on my desk by evening," she turns to walk away.

Before she could take a step he is out of his chair and grasps her wrist. She's definitely startled if her gasp is any indication. He's so close to her, his breath moves her hair at her ear, "What is it you would really like me ta do Storm?"

Holy cow, I hold my breath to hear better.

"What?"

"You said I wouldn't do what ya really want ... what is it?"

She leans in close, nearly touching his lips with her own. I think I hear him growl. I strain to hear. She whispers, "Go. To. Hell." She snatches her arm away and walks out.

He turns around and slams the table with both palms. Then as an afterthought his head turns in my direction. His eyes close in a tight squint. I hear his heavy exhale and low rumbling growl. He too departs, choosing the outdoors instead of Miss Munroes in house path.

Wow. I mean wow. The tension between those two is mega thick. Not to mention super charged. I know I'm missing something there. I just can't figure out what. Somehow it seems to be too obvious, but I don't know what it is. Man this is too good. I can't keep this stuff to myself.

I rush out of the room. I have to talk to someone. They'll never believe what I just witnessed, but at least I will prove what I have been saying all along. Logan and Miss Munroe would be dynamite together.

This place is full of people. But most of them are babies, too young to understand the complexity of the knowledge I have about the chemistry between our two hottest teachers. That won't hinder my aim to find someone who will get an inkling as to what I have to expose.

"Whoa, whoa ... slow down," in my haste I have rushed right into Mr. Summers, who clasps my shoulders to keep me from stumbling, "where's the fire?" We don't want anyone getting hurt. Try to be careful."

I stammer around him as I always do, he's just so hot, "Uh sorry, I didn't mean ... I uh will try ... uh ... sorry," I'm a rambling idiot. i hear a low giggle. Great Miss Grey is with him and I never even noticed her. She smiles kindly at me. I'm sure she's picked up on my thought about him being hot. Freakin' wonderful. I walk off, slowly till I round a corner, then it's back to full speed ahead.

I had no idea where my feet were taking me till I find myself climbing the stairs that lead to the roof. The teachers don't know it, but this is where us kids go to hang out. Hey don't knock it. It's actually pretty cool. No one bothers us and we can see for miles and almost every vantage point of the school is at our perusal. Yeah we know this place houses some pretty fantastic rec rooms and fancy lounge areas, but the roof belongs to just a few of us. You know ... the elder kids. Us kids who have been around the block and know a thing or two about stuff.

I finally get the door opened and I freeze for a second. Great now my eyes are gonna be burning for a week, I walk up on Bobby and Kitty in a make out session. Geesh! As they break apart they both look at me like I'm the one who needs to be hosed down.

"Gosh, interrupt much," Bobby groans.

"Trip over Kitty's tongue much," I reply.

Kitty stands there looking for all the world like she just wants to sink into the ceiling, while she rubs one arm up and down nervously.

"Look I didn't come up here to start a fight. I got information that has to be shared..."

"What is it this time, you catch the Professor talking to blue aliens again," Bobby throws his head back and laughs, or did you single handedly depower Magneto?"

I cross my arms over my chest and rubber neck him before I answer, "Well if you must know, it's better than both of those things." Now I'm gonna make them beg so I shut up.

For the first time Kitty speaks up, "Okay, what are we missing? It's plain you want to tell us real bad."

"Since you asked I saw Logan and Miss Munroe practically making out in the kitchen. That is till they realized I was there. Then they parted like the Red Sea."

Kitty eyes me suspiciously.

"Hate to break it to you kid, but the two of them don't even know the other one exists," Bobby retorts.

"Must I always be th only one with the low down as to what goes on around this place," I thump Bobby on his forehead, with the palm of my hand.

"Hey, whatcha do that for," he rubs his head.

"Hold on, hold on. Just what did you see exactly," Kitty asks wisely.

I take her hand and go to sit in our usual spot on the roof, kind of in an old Indian Pow Wow style. Before I start talking we are joined by Rogue, (Miss touch of death), Warren (the other most appealing piece of eye candy here), Peter (our very own tin Atlas) and Kurt (the sweetest little devil you will ever meet).

Quickly I catch them all up to speed and proceed with my latest tantalizing tidbit.

"And that's when I left and came here to find you guys," I'm pleased with myself, I've grown almost six inches taller.

"Gal I don't know where ya come from, but that sounds more like an I don't like ya very much throw-down instead of a spit swappin' session," Rogue throws in her two rusty cents, but pardon me that and three more will still make her two dirty pennies short.

The cute little blue elf chimes in, "Ja, pardon me fraulein, but nicht wahrscheinlich love makes, sounds to be."

"It's a good thing you are so cute," I throw back, barely able to understand what he was trying to say.

"Well apparently it was one of those I guess you had to be there type of things," Warren gives me one of his earth moving smiles. Man is he hot. Stay with the topic girl, feet on the ground. I take a deep breath.

Bobby rubs the back of his neck before he decides to speak, "Look guys her view may not be as off as you think. We all know there is more to the two of them than they let on and besides the old saying of opposites attract just doesn't apply in their case. They are just too freakin' similar to ignore one another. The chemistry between them has got to be near nuclear explosion."

"But you forget one thing my friend," Peter spoke up, "he seems to be into red heads and she has no interest in anyone."

"Uh Pete, that's two things," I interject.

"Don't you get it ... that's only on the surface, or what they want us to see. I'm telling you there is something going on there and we need to find out what." I take the time to look each one of them in the eye.

"I'm in," says Bobby, "if they say there is nothing there then we need to help things along by opening their eyes to their blindness."

"Finally! Someone connects the dots. That little thump on your head stir some smart cells."

"I'm on your side, catch a clue ... ease up on the ego." He reaches out and pinches my cheek. Now that hurts, tells me I am thought of as the baby of the group. I'll save that argument for another time, right now we have a Jr. X-men mission and I'm too excited. Don't mean I aint smart enough to be scared almost witless.

"So Jubes," Kitty looks at me, "do you have a master plan, or are we playing this by ear?"
Chapter 3 Too foolish and too late by AngelAloft
A N: I haven't really been gone, just hindered with life. I am determined to finish what I start, so please forgive me for such a long hiatus, it couldn't be helped.


"Storm, Wolverine. . . the two of you take point. we have them just around the next corner, they're headed for a dead end. Kitty and Peter. . . you two take flank, make sure they don't circle back. . ." Cyclops shouted the commands into his com. .

The dust and debris, nearly constricted their breathing. The din of gunshots, the battle frenzy and the injured wailing was overwhelming. Helicopters overhead with the sounds of sirens and swirling red lights only added to the confusion. The city had become a war zone.

The fighting had been going on for what seemed like hours. Neither side able to gain the upper hand; until now. So much had been decimated. So many wounded. Though they fought to protect lives, the X-men knew they would be taunted as a prime cause in the conflict. It was a lie miles from the truth. Still they fought to bring about order in the midst of all out insanity.

"Jean, Hank, take care of the wounded and evacuate them to safety. Rogue, Bobby and myself will continue to hold down this safety zone."

Scott was in full leadership mode. Chaos had reigned all around them and the Brotherhood had fought against the uniformed men, who were not a part of the country's armed forces, yet almost as trained, but ruthless. Hatred had been the order of the day. Uncalled for bigotry and fear from both sides fueled the flames.

The destruction to the city was extensive within a five block radius. Casualties. . . numerous. Hatred showed no sympathy for the innocent lives caught in the mix of their impromptu, unsanctioned battle. The X-men having arrived well into the heat of it all were hard pressed to confront both sides to bring about an end to it all.

"Storm. . . can you do something to create a buffer to contain these assholes?" Wolverine spoke into his com. device. Knowing that she would hear him from her position above the blockade, while she tried to clear their lines of sight with her winds. All the while keeping the soldiers corralled with him. Soldiers who were desperately seeking an escape route.

"Wolverine, where are you going," Storm asked, seeing the feral turn to leave their commanded post.

"I smell a coward on the run and he's mine."

"Not now Wolverine, you are in no position to face Magneto alone," instinctively she knew of whom he spoke, "we have our orders!"

"You follow the boy scout, I'm going hunting."

"Logan!" No further words came, a loud shot split the air as Storms shout died on the wind and her body began to fall.

"Storm! Noooooo!" torn from Kitty's throat. "Colossus! Get Storm."

Before Peter could move, Logan was under her falling body. Colossus soon at his side.

Kitty screamed into her com link, "Cyclops, Storms been hit!"

"Everyone back to the blackbird now! Our work here is done."

Before her body could make impact, Wolverine leapt from the ground, his strong thighs spring loading him forward toward the falling goddess. Twenty feet into the air his arms locked onto her limp body. Now both propelled to earth just as Colossus' steel banded arms caught them both as gently as he could.

"Move, move. . . move," Logan shouted never releasing his hold upon Storm, once free of Peter's hold, all of them taking off to the blackbird.


Beast had been wrist deep in the blood of the goddess. Thankfully, she was a strong woman, much tougher than her grace and manner let on. The armor tipped bullet had pierced her left lung, causing it to collapse, fracturing two ribs, in the process. Between Hank and Jean the surgery and patch up on the Windrider was a quick success. After, she was kept under sedation to ease her rapid healing process, that would not even allow for scarring. An added benefit of miraculous healing abilities from housing thousands of volts of electricity through ones body.

During the tense surgery, not once had Wolverine taken the time to wash the blood from his hands or change his blood soaked uniform. The smell was playing havoc on his sensitive nose and frankly he didn't care. Like the rest of the X-men, he waited anxiously for the news of their fallen second in command. a niggling guilt eating at his mind. The second it took for her distraction in confronting his disobedience to a direct order, one of the soldiers had pulled a concealed weapon and fired upon Storms hovering form.

Damn his hotheadedness. It could have cost Storm her life, for sure an unnecessary injury.

Now he sits upon the balcony railing leading to her room. Inhaling the blood free scent in the darkness that enshrouds him. A spot that is not new to him. He has been here many times before. Each time has kept his presence secret.

She despises him. He knows this. It is something that is completely earned, though no matter what his actions, still he is not forgiven.

He came to this place on a mission. To assassinate the person who means the world to her. Professor Charles Xavier. Instead he adopted the mans dream and turned his back on the deceiver who sent him there to do the task in the first place. The one he wanted to take his revenge on tonight. A man, who by his estimation is as bad as his torturers from his past. Tonight proved to him that hindsight is twenty twenty vision.

Not only did he come here under false pretenses, but he also flirted, chased and bedded her friend. All without ever telling her after he had set his sights on her. The wooing of her was not as easy as her redheaded friend. She was different. A prize. Something worth keeping if won. Too bad his quest was not truthfully made known before his deception on one count was revealed. Damn.

I can tell you this because I am privileged to his innermost thoughts. I am close to him. I have touched him and gained his memories. I alone am party to his regrets and his little happiness. I dared not touch him too long or else he would die by my gift. Strange to call such a thing a gift huh. Probably more a curse at most times. But; it is what it is.

I can never betray that that I know, but now I have set my mind along with the others to help him along the path that I know he truly desires to follow.

I am called Rogue. A title more befitting him, but it is the moniker that I have taken. I have one strong desire other than the one to be able to touch and be touched without harm. I long to touch him and feel nothing but happiness. So I have agreed to what I think will truly make that possible.
Chapter 4 by AngelAloft
“It hurts…it hurts. Please don’t touch it, I want mish Monwoe. I want mish Monwoe!” the boy cried, as he held his injured arm.

As if on cue Ororo came running from her greenhouse, brushing the soil from her hands onto her cutoff jean shorts. Knowing the physical pain one can suffer after a two week healing ordeal from being shot, her feet could not carry her to the child fast enough. Thank the goddess she was now completely well.

“What’s going on, what happened?” she asked. Kneeling down and immediately soothing the crying childs brow, brushing his hair away from his forehead.

“He was running, playing tag with the others, but he tripped on his untied shoelace.” Jubilee informed her.

“Can I see it, I promise not to hurt you,” she smiled, as she reached gently for his arm.

“Look there is Mr. Logan,” one of the children said that had been playing as well and was now standing by waiting to see what was wrong with their friend.

Logan was coming from the woods, his ears having picked up the young mutants cries.

Jubilee gave the little boy a subtle smile and nod.

“Can Mishtha Logan help, I want Mishtha Logan to look at it tew.”

Ororo turned her head in the direction of the approaching teammate. No expression showed upon her face. “If it will make you feel better, but I think we should get you to the med lab to let Dr. Summers take a look at it sweetheart.”

Without a word Logan gently touched the boys arm.

He winced, “Ow that hurts. Would the tew of you come with me? I want both of you to come.”

“I aint no babysi…”

“Sure sweetheart, whatever will make it better for you,” Ororo interrupted.

Logan gave her a side look, before scooping him up and carrying him into the mansion. “Come on bub. Someone needs to teach ya to tie your shoelaces.” he said with surprising tenderness.

Jubilee stood with a smile watching the three depart. That should buy them at least twenty minutes together with a single minded purpose. Her smile grew wider.

***

He found her in the library, just as he knew he would.

A soft wrap upon the door and he stuck his head around it, “Excuse me Miss Munroe, do you have a few minutes?”

“What can I do for you Bobby?”

“You said if we ever need help with comprehending our history lessons we could come to you.”

“Of course,…come in Bobby, take a seat. What can I help you with?”

For fifteen minutes they discussed the motivations of ancient conquerors and their effect upon society at the time.

The last seven minutes were spent with Bobby sneaking glances at the clock on the wall.

Right on time, the door opened. Rogue and Logan entered. I just don’t get the divergence of a vector field), Rogue was saying.

“It aint that hard darlin…”

“Do you mind not smoking that in here?” Ororo questioned at once; about his ever present lit cigar between his fingers.

He took the time to hold it up before his eyes before answering, “Yes I do.”
Quickly Rogue changed the subject, “I forgot my calculus book in my room, I’ll be right back.” in a flash she was gone.

“Mr. Logan, maybe you can offer me a different view point as to how Hitler was so successful for so long in domineering so many people.” Bobby offered, hoping to get the two of them talking.

“Assholes.”

“Hunh, what did you say?” Bobby asked shocked.

“Must you be so crass? That is no way the children will ever learn anything.” Ororo fumed.

“Really darlin? Popsicle what do you think of when I say the word assholes?”

Bobby looked from one teacher to the other. “Well first thing is jerks. Someone who doesn’t care about anyone but themselves. Pretty much selfish douche bags with little self esteem. Next is bullies, people wanting to push someone else around just cause they can. Pretty much the lowest common denominator of humanity.”

Logan sat chewing on his cigar and staring Ororo straight in the eye with a smirk. “Anything else ya need to know kid?” he huffed.

“That proves nothing Logan other than you can throw around profane words and call them answers better than anyone we know.”

So the battle of words started. She served he volleyed. He swatted, she slam dunked. Neither one saw me gather my things and leave the room. Rogue and I listened against the door for the better part of fifteen minutes before sprinting off to keep from getting caught nearing the end of their uncompromising debate.

At least they were talking now. Total time together almost thirty minutes.

***


“Excuse me Logan?” I approach him shyly while wringing my hands, hoping the tears welling in my eyes are enough for the hardened Wolverine.

He turns to me sniffing the air. I know he smells my tears. Immediately he’s sorry he did.

“Oh hell…do I even want to know half pint.” he grumbles.

Quickly I go in for the kill as to what I want. There is no playing around with Mr. Logan especially when he is this surly, which is well… all the time. Just get it done girl and stop stalling what’s the worst he can say. Maybe I shouldn’t ask that.

My mutation starts to slip and I find myself fading through the second levels hallway floor.

“Whoa, whoa whoa. Get a grip girl what’s got ya as nervous as a sinner in church?” he says while reaching out to try and help me back on solid footing.

I’m glad he can sense my distress maybe it will help with my minor subterfuge and not the total truth behind what I’m about to say.


“The other day when the Jr. X-Men were washing the cars on the drive, well I was ah…”

“Spit it out darlin’, I’m not gonna stand here till my hair turns grey.”

“Well I kinda sorta phased through Storm’s car when Warren turned the hose on me and somehow I musta gone through its computer processor. Now it’s not working and I don’t know how to tell her it was my fault, you know my affect on computers and all.” as an added bonus I nervously wring my hands.

“Yer telling me and not Storm, why.”

“Please Logan, everyone knows you’re a mechanical genius, there’s gotta be some way for you to fix it for me.”

“Not a computer chip, half pint,” he reaches out and tugs a lock of my hair, “maybe Blue can help ya with that.”

“No!” I shout too fast, now he’s looking at me suspiciously, “I mean…ah, we all know he’s good with biological stuff, not mechanical. Not like you. I was told you were the best at what you do, unless of course it’s all just an empty rumor.” I hang my head now and slyly smile, just a little.

A strong puff of air escapes his nostrils after a deep inhale and I can’t make out all the profane words he’ now mumbling, but my heart trips a beat because I know I have won.

“Damnit Half pint!”

“Oh thank you, thank you Logan!” I let my excitement show in the form of a giddy hug, that immediately turns awkward, on purpose for my part, I haveta stay in character.

“Yeah, yeah kid. But if she finds out about it anyway its yer ass and not mine in the fire, got it?”

“Got it.” I start to run off.

“Kitten,” he yells after me, “keep queen ice britches outta the garage fer the day.”

“Will do,” I yell over my shoulder, wanting to put distance between him and my subterfuge. Oh god keep me alive I breathe.

***


“Storm,” I knock on the ajar door to her office, poking my head in.

“Hello Angel, come on in.”

My wings flutter slightly as I’m certain more feathers have dropped. “Are you ready to go over the vehicle listing for the insurance appraiser, that the Professor wants.”

“Oh my, yes Warren, I nearly forgot, just give me a second to pull it up on the computers log.”

I watch as graceful hands smooth back her glorious hair before starting to rapidly fly over the keyboard.

“Um, Storm if you recall there are a few new vehicles in the garage including Logan’s that are sure to not be on the log.”

At the mention of Logan I see her faintly scrunch her nose.

“You are right Warren, thank you for reminding me.” She tries to cover her distaste, but you can feel it in the air, nice try though. “Well I guess a visit to the garage is in order, are you ready?”

Too nervous to speak I nod my head as I watch her gather a pen and pad of paper from her desk, following her out the door and into possible danger. Mentally I use my texting keypad and send ‘smh’ to the others whose bright idea I’m following. How do I get myself into this stuff.


As we enter the huge multi-car structure, she’s asking me if I know if any of the cars are not on the grounds at the moment. Lamely I tell her I’m not sure. I can’t be expected to think clearly about where all the vehicles are right now because me being the same as every other male on the premises, I’m distracted by being this close to her. Damn she’s gorgeous!

However; I digress. I stop walking once I’m part way into the garage, my part in this charade almost done.

She never notices that I have fallen behind. Her eyes are glued to the trunk of her Audi R8 China Malibu blue super car. The beast of a car has a living feral elbows deep in the V10 engine and cussing a red streak bout foreign pieces of shit, hard to get to, useless pansy assed hunks of wasted metal.

“Wolverine!”

‘Bam’ his head comes up fast and hard on the open trunk.

“G damnit, Storm!”

A really wicked smile crosses her face, witnessed by the pissed off mutants helper and the man himself.

“Ya find something funny ‘goddess’.” No compliment intended, his words are dripping with venom.

“Actually I’d like to know just what you think you are doing?” Brrrrr, each word is cold as ice.

In almost painful slow motion he picks up the rag laying on the engine to wipe his hands, then takes a cigar from his shirt pocket, lighting it once its between his teeth.

“Well…”, her hands are now on her hips, making her button front blouse pull tighter and expose more of her amazing cleavage.

“Excuse me if I may, Miss Munroe,” Peter speaks up, while the two just stand staring daggers at each other, “Logan is only trying to help us out in taking a look at your car seeing as how we may have caused some electrical damage to it. Honestly he is only trying to help.” Peter hopes the ground work has been laid for a civil and amiable conversation between the two.

Still staring at the unmoving, tight lipped Wolverine, Ororo responds to Peter, “That is all fine and good Peter, but did know one think that I should be asked first, considering this is quite an expensive and intricate piece of machinery, only one of thirty. Not easily worked on by a novice.” she finished it off with a tilt of her head, stretch of her eyes and raising of her brows.

“Really darlin, there is nothing novice about me. But ya already knew that before ya threw that little barb out there. Totally missed yer mark. And once I put my mind to something there’s nothing I cant get figured out. But seeing as how ya want to spend a kings ransom repairing this hunk of shit excuse for reasonable transportation, ya go right ahead.

Peter not having missed Logan’s first two sentences, was hit with insight that maybe Bobby and Jubes weren’t too far off their rockers. Hmmm, so the two of them did share something private and personal. Now armed with the new knowledge Peter gave his parting words to the temper rising instructor, “Please don’t blame Wolverine for doing what we know he does best…in here” he spread his hands to emphasis the garage, “Ms. Munroe. He was only trying to save our hides. If anyone’s at fault here it is us Jr. X-men. Please forgive us. Wolverine was only being helpful.”

Warren watched Peter give the nod and both were out the garage in a flash.

“You put him up to saying that.”

Logan shook his head and craned his neck towards her incredulously.

“Not all of us have a hidden agenda or ulterior motive goddess.”

“You would know better than any of us wouldn’t you!”

“I’ve had enough of your high and mighty blustering Storm, at least I know when the childs been disciplined enough to have learned their lesson. But not you, you turn correction into a cruel art practiced day after day, with no one worthy enough to gain her highnesses forgiveness.”

“Some actions don’t merit exoneration.”

“What so it’s up to you to play judge, jury and executioner. I got news fer ya, shit happens! Even as mutants we’re all human, making mistakes that some see their way to pardon and help us grow from, while others like you constantly remind us that we are worthless pieces of shit fer even deigning to err in the first place and then have the nerve to breathe your same fucked up air.”

“Clemency is only granted when one is truly sorry for wrong actions. Not when they glory in pats on the back for their unethical conquests, immune to the harm done to others.”

Logan took the time to stare at her long and hard before stating, “Which is it this time, the fact that I fucked
Jean or that I forgot to get yer permission first. Either way I don’t owe you a damn thing,” he looked at her with unveiled disdain, “Yer highness.”

Crack! The solid slap to his cheek served to turn his head to the side and knock the cigar he had been chewing to the floor.

Quick hands reached out to grab hold of both her wrists in a vise grip. His nostrils flaring as he took in deep puffs of air.

“You are hurting me! Let me go!”

“Obviously it wont be the first time. Damn it Storm I’ve had about all the punishment I’m gonna take from ya. I’m not some dog fer you to kick around and I say yer a fucking hypocrite. You take fergiveness fer yer past screw ups and then walk around like yer shit don’t stink. All the time holding mine up on a neon sign.”

“Mine does not include trying to commit murder, backstabbing a teammate or just flat out being an asshole!”

“Yer right, yers was just thievery and let’s not ferget impersonating a ‘Goddess’.”

Thunder rippled across the sky outside in boisterous discord.

Storm tore her wrists from his hold. Anger marring her beautiful face. “Do not ever touch me again, or by the goddess I will…”

“Will what Ro, ya can’t do any worse to me than ya already have, myself included. I get it I won’t dare to sully yer perfection with my murderous hands again…ever! I may be an asshole fer my past, but yer a stone cold bitch in the present.”

She’d be damned if she’d be goaded any further or brought to the edge of seeing red by the likes of him. Her answer turn on her heels and stiffly walk away.

***



How dare that book lay upon her nightstand, as she literally threw it against the far wall.

That decorator eyelet lace white pillow had no business resting easily on her bed as it met the glass balcony doors.

Of all the egotistical, chauvinistic, pompous, self absorbed, unfeeling …

Her temper nearing its peak to a dangerous outburst had to be calmed. The wind had suddenly appeared swaying large branches in its wake. Anything not bolted or heavy enough to withstand its gusts was easily tossed about to find a new resting place.

*”Calm Storm … is there something I can do” the Professors voice spoke soothingly in her head.

Taking a deep breath and smoothing her hands over her hair she replied in kind, “I am fine Charles, … I just need a moment. Thank you … it is nothing I can not handle.” a heavy sigh punctuated her mental response.

*”I am here if you need me.” just as quickly as his voice appeared it was gone.

Soft rapping upon her door drew her attention. Anything would do to distract her from her raised temper with the resident Wolverine. “Who is it?”

“Kurt, fraulein.”

“Please come in Kurt.”

With a little obvious nervousness, the blue mutant opened the door and stepped into her room, leaving the door open, as it was only appropriate.

Tired from her rant Ororo took a seat at her desk motioning for Kurt to do so as well. He propped himself on the edge of her chaise.

Knowing the shyness of the young mutant before her she prompted, “Is there something I can help you with Kurt?” A small smile finally gracing her face. The youth at the institute forever being her soft spot.

Kurt at last finding his voice again rushed in, “Pardon me fraulein, I could not help but notice in passing that something was wrong with you.” his eyes glanced toward one of the windows and the still calming wind.
Now her turn to appear nervous, Ororo twisted a little in her chair, at once ashamed and embarrassed that her temper had gotten the better of her to the notice of those at the mansion. “Please Kurt, accept my apologies, I have not meant to alarm anyone,” she hesitated before venturing on, looking for the right words, … “I just … had a trying episode. I’m much better now.”

A smile beamed across his handsome face, “I am glad you are, good now fraulein.” The wheels obviously turning in his head he ventured on, “It would seem herr Wolverine has had a … episode as well.”

Stunned for an instant at the astuteness of the young man before her, and his statement, Ororo took her time before speaking once again.

“It would seem that today has taken its toll on more than one of us in residence here. Hopefully … Logan will find the same … ease that I have, before the day is through.”

“Ja, I say so only because I came across him in the woods, … saying your name about something, as he …”
Kurts stopped talking.

“Yes.”

“Well … he was chopping a tree.”

“There is nothing strange in that Kurt. Maybe he had something he was reminding himself to talk to me about, in saying my name.”

“No fraulein, you misunderstand, … he was … clawing a tree,” Kurt held up his hands into fists to emphasize his words, “and he was very upset. Even growling.”

Ororo was at a loss as to how to proceed. Thankfully kurt rose to his feet making his way to the open door.

“I am sorry if I overstepped fraulein, it’s just that, well when someone has done something that upsets us, the only way to get over it is to forgive them and move past it. Otherwise we will be forever unhappy, no. To be unforgiving brings an impossible weight to carry around and only destroys us. I know as X-men … unity and goodwill is very important.”

Slowly she rose and walked toward him. Placing her hand on his, that now held the doorknob, she spoke softly, “Thank you.”

And with that she stood alone in her room once again. Thoughts churning in her head, but serenity now in place of outward turmoil.
This story archived at http://https://rolorealm.com/viewstory.php?sid=10436