The Blended Family by Girlwonder
Summary: Logan and Ro are married with two children. What happens when Two more show up
Categories: General Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 4573 Read: 10232 Published: 04-19-13 Updated: 05-30-13

1. Chapter 1 by Girlwonder

2. Chapter 2 by Girlwonder

3. Chapter 3 by Girlwonder

4. Chapter 4 by Girlwonder

5. Chapter 5 by Girlwonder

Chapter 1 by Girlwonder
Logan sat back in the chair in the library, his brows furrowed and rubbing his chin, deep in thought. Charles watched him closely trying to read his emotions and get a glimpse of his thoughts, but Logan was blocking him.
"Chuck are ya sure they are mine" Logan ask trying to relax in his chair.
"Yes Logan, hank has run test and both children match your DNA. But the girl seems to be a clone more or less." Charles said.
Logan sank into his chair looking sullen and a bit confused. "How the hell am I gonna explain this to 'ro" he thought to himself outloud.
"Logan with your memory loss and checkered past im sure she will be more than accepting" Charles reassured him.
"easy for you to say chuck.....your wife didnt have control over lightning and your bones aint metal" he said standing up.
"Logan, the two children are in their teen years. The boy will be 18 this summer and the girl is 15" charles said to the feral mutant as he walked out.
logan closes the door behind him and walks out of the mansions back door. In the back yard he sees he and his wifes two children playing tag with the other smaller ones of the mansion, laughing and having a good time under the watchful eyes of Kurt and Amanda, who were expecting their second child any day now. Logan continues to the boathouse to think of what has happend in the two days that Ororo was at the peace conferance with Jean.

***flashback***
"Be safe 'ro, ya know the FOH is known to attack these things, i cant take something happenin ta ya" he said watching her pack.
"It'll be fine love, you just worry about taking care of the babies, and ill be home soon" she kisses his forehead and he grunts contently at her loving gesture. He quietly watches her pack sitting on the bed. Their door opens and they both look to see kendall walking in. She bumps into the dressor and furrows her brow at it clenching her little fist. Logan smirks at his little girl, thinking itll be anyday before her claws make an apperance, he can smell it
"Baby where are your glasses?" ororo ask walking over to her daughter and picking her up.
"They broked" she says resting her head on her mothers shoulder.
"They broke? Well do you have them with you?" ororo asks rubbing her back. Kendall nodded her head and handed them to her mother. "They arent broken baby, just dirty lets go clean them." she takes kendall into their bathroom. Their son james runs into the room and jumps into the bed, then onto his father.
"Hi daddy!!" the little boy squeals hugging his dad. his son is a ball of noise with dirt on it.
"hey boy, where ya comin from" logan ask trying to settle him down.
"me and oli had dirt fight" james said excitedly. "Then uncle remy made us go inside and drink water"
"I wonder why" logan said,mostly to himslef. "lets get you in the tub, fer ya mama has a stroke at you getting dirt all over the fresh bed sheets." logan pick his son up and walks him into the bathroom. he sees ro finishing up cleaning kendalls glasses. after putting the kids to bed and telling them that she had to go on a trip, Jean and ro called a taxi and were gone within the hour.
Logan lay in bed wide awake. He felt a familiar buzz in his head, charles said he needed him downstairs. he went, first checking in Kendalls room to make sure she was ok, then his sons room for the same reason. when he got downstairs he saw Scott, Emma, Hank and Charles and immediantly thought the worse.
"What happened ta my wife" he said through clenched teeth and clenching his fist. His claws slowly making way through his skin.
"Logan calm down she is fine. but theyre are some people here to meet you." Hank said softly.
Logan raises his eyebrow. and watches his family part like the red sea, revealing two teenagers. they look at each other. the boy was a little taller than logan with a long black mohawk, slim build with a slight tan. The girl was around the same height as logan, with brown hair and big brown eyes. Both teens were stone faced while looking at him.

"Can i help you" logan asked gruffly. folding his arms across his chest.
"I dont know DAD, can you help me?" the boy said just as gruff and the girl scoffedd.

"Dad?" logan scratched his head.
"Yea when you slept with my whore mother i can along nine months later.....i met x looking for you along the way....my names Akihiro...or Daken" he said with his brow furrowed, almost looking ridiculous.

"Hank blood test em....we'll go from there" logan said still looking at the two teens.
"Hey guys we have two rooms you can sleep in ok" Scott said to them. walking over towards them.
"We sleep in the same room." X said slightly aggravated by scott "I dont like you....dont say shit else to me" she said picking up her backpack.

"Um logan do i still need to blood test both?" Hank ask grining at his feral friend.
"Yea, blue." logan says going upstairs. back in his loft he lays in bed thinking if they are his children how will he explain it to his wife.

***end of flashback***
In the boathouse logan sits with his beer at the kitchen table, his phone rings and he sees his wife picture pop up. he closes his eyes and answers. "hey"

"hey love, everything ok you sound wiped out?"she says concerned. Logan sighs heavily. He has never kept a secret from her, even before they accepted their connection and became a couple. She was always his save haven and sanity. Right now all he wanted to do was curl up under her and be told he was going to be alright.
"When are ya comin home?" he asked softly
"Logan, your scaring me....are the kids ok? are you ok? is the house ok?" she ask almost frantic.
"yea thats all ok....its just we gotta talk." he said before exhailing again.
"Your not backing out on me are you?" she ask softly. Logan could hear the hurt in her voice.
"Never. I promised ya forever.But I might be needing some back up from you." he says
"ok....well, my speech went over well and jean has a debate tomorrow evening, then we'll be home the next morning" she says quietly
"thats good darlin', i knew it would. Since ya talk so nice an all" he says before drinking some of his beer. "the pups are good, they out running and playing with the rest of the little ones"
"thats good babe, im gonna go grab some lunch so ill talk to you in a little bit" she says softly. they say their goodbyes and hang up.
Logan looks out the window and sees kurt rounding the kids up. He looks at his watch and figures hes taking them in for lunch and naps. he smiles to himself, he loves his children. hes always been there for them but now he has two more...that arent with his wife. He feels the need to care for them but how will his wife respond. she loves children and they often talk about adding one more to the brood, but two more...practically grown at that. he puts his head in his hands and sighs at the overwhelming feelings. "Im too old fer this shit" he says to himself.
he goes back to looking out the window, he sees daken and X walking from the lake. they sit under a tree and enjoy the shade. Daken goes into his backpack and pulls out a wooden box that he hands to X. She opens it and begins to set up what looks like chess pieces. Daken searches his backpack and pulls out a water bottle, he drinks from it then hands it to X who acepts it. Logan watches them interact and wants to go talk to them but wonders if he should.
End Notes:
A/N......Its an idea ive had for a while...i just finally sat and wrote it out. let me know what you think
Chapter 2 by Girlwonder
Logan stands up from the table and throws his empty beer bottle in the trash. He walks over to the front door and exhales to himself before turning the knob. as soon as he steps outside he feels eyes on him. he watches the duo exchange looks to each other and a few words and go back looking at him as he walks up to them. they both stand upon his arrival.
"hey" Logan says gruffly. "um how ya likin it round here" he says trying to make conversation
"its ok....better than sleepin under bridges" Daken says as he shifts his weight.
"and in warehouses" X adds.
they all stand in awkward silence for a few moments.
"Are you married?" X asks. she noticed his ring on the night that they arrived and assumed he was but they have yet to see his wife.
logan nods and twist his ring around his finger. "yea...for um....six years" he says mentally counting for confirmation.
"How old is she?" daken asks. logan chuckles and daken looks at him strangely.
"she 26" logan says. Daken and X look at each other perplexed. X scratches her head.
"But aint you like over 100?" Daken ask
"Yup....but when you find the right one you know?" logan says. "oh and you guys have two little siblings." he adds. The teens both nod and sit down back to their game. Logan stands and watched them play chess. X is winning and Daken is growing frustrated.
"think before you act" X says calmly. she looks over at logan. "Are you going to stand there and watch us like were in captivity or are you going to sit and talk.?" she shakes her head no to daken who was about to make a move. Logan sits down and watches them play.
"um daken...dont be offended by this, but who is your mother?"
Daken shifted uncomfortably and grunted. "shes a whore...nuff said" he made his next move in anger and X laughed.
"told you about acting in anger" as she puts him in check mate. Daken huffs and falls back.
"set it up again!" he says as he sits up crossing his legs under him. As they set the board up again they make light conversation and are joined by two more people.
"Daddy kendall eyes are broke again" james says sitting in his fathers lap. Kendall hugs his neck from behind.
The teens look at the two little ones. X smirks a little bit along with Daken. James looks at the two older people with a little interest, Kendall bashfully hides behind her father, peeking over his shoulder. Logan smirks at his younger children.
"yall gonna say hi, or ya gonna be rude...ya know mommy dont want yall bein rude" he says softly to them.
"Hi" james said before burying his face in his fathers arm. Logan smiled and reached behind him pulling Kendall to the front.
"Kennie what ya say" he says sitting her down
"hello" she says
"hey" Daken and X say in unison. Logans phone starts ringing, its Ororo. He looks at the teens who nod for him to go answer. james and kendall watch the older kids play chess with interest.
"Uh hey darlin" he says to her
"Logan whats going on?.....i cant relax knowing something is going on with us" she says. logan frowns hearing the stress in her voice. He knows she deserves to know whats going on with their family. He sighs. "Talk to me babe" she pleads
"Well 'ro....ummm...we got some unexpected visitors." he says trying to figure out how to tell his wife.
"Sinister?" she ask
"No...ummm....my kids 'ro...they came here cause they had no place else to go" he says grimacing waiting on her response.
"how many is it logan?" she ask in a voice he couldnt read her emotions.
"two....boy an girl"he says trying to read her emotions
"are they ok?" she asks. logan still cant read her emotions.
"yea, theyre fine....what do ya wanna do ro. This isnt your problem i understand if ya dont wanna be bothered with me anymore" he says trying to distance himself from the hurt he knows her rejection will cause him.
"Ok" she sighs. "Are you ok?" she ask
"im recoverin" he says quietly
"well ill be home tomorrow afternoon" she says sounding like herself again.
"Ill be waitin darlin" he softly smiles hearing her laugh.
"Hey logan....were in this together ok." she says to reassure her husband of her commitment to him. "when i get home we'll take it from there...the Howlette family just got a little bigger a little faster."
"i love ya" he says full of releif
"and i love you" she says also releived.
logan looks over to the kids and smiles, feeling as if its all going to work out for him, for once.
Chapter 3 by Girlwonder
Logan looks at his kids and smiles. Kendall and james have settled into X's lap and are watching the older ones play chess with interest. Logan walks over and sits next to Daken. He sees him growing frustraited and helps him with his next move. Logan and Ro play chess often when the little ones are asleep. It gives them time to unwind and catch up with each other.

"So ummm, X...do ya go by anythin' else" logan ask while showing Daken some moves he can make. He sees the girl cringe a little.

"X is short for X-23.....they had 22 failed attempts to clone you and im the one that worked" she said in a nuetral tone that was leading towards anger. Logan nods his head slowly processing. He wants to know more about these two, but doesnt want to push the issue.

"well, do ya wanna 'nother name?" he asks. kendall go over to her father and hugs his neck her little fist clenching his shirt. Logan pats her back still loking at X.

"yea....that'll be nice" she says softly. "Is she tired or something" noding her head towards kendall

"Naw, Just a pup, and her hands are getting itchy" logan says soothing her. james walks over to her offering her a piece of taffy, she accepts and buries her face into her fathers chest. "what you say to brother?"
"thank you" she says turning in her fathers lap rubbing her eyes. Logan rubs her little knuckles and can feel her little claws retracting beneath her skin slowly and he feels her tense then relax.

"let em come, drawing it out wont help her" Daken says not looking up from the board. "we all know it hurts like hell, she gotta get used to it"
logan nods undrrstandingly looking at his watch. he gathers up the smaller one and tells the big one to pack up the game. "alright guys come on, gotta feed ya" logan says hearding his youth to the boathouse. "you guys staying in here...im sure yall like a little seclusion from the mansion" he says getting the kids settled in the living room. logan could sense the two older ones calming at the scent of sandalwood and lavender. "What ya hungry for, i aint much of a cook but i can order good"

"when does your wife get home" daken asks sitting down at the table.

"tomorrow afternoon" logan says with a slight smile thinking of her return.

"Does she know we here?" X asks sitting down. Logan nods his head in approval. "Is she mad?" X asks sounding nervous

"No, yall will see ro is a very understanding woman, she was more concerned with yall being ok than anything else" logan tries to reassure them. The teens both nod and let out breaths that they didnt know they were holding. "yall will like her...she um..understands our nature"

the teens nod and they all look up hearing a crash. Kendall has james in a triangle choke and hes tapping. "Oh Jesus" logan says getting up. "Hey...Hey...Hey cut the crap" he separates them. James gasp for air "You over there......you alright boy....why ya aint fight back....we gonna make you tough yet, dont worry" logan pick him up and walks him over to kendall so she can apologize to him. before he can tell her to she hugs him tightly with tears in her eyes.
"I so sawry jamie" she wails through her tears. he hugs her back and nods. The rest of the evening is rather uneventful and after a meal of pizza and soda everyone passes out on the couch.
Chapter 4 by Girlwonder
Ororo looked out of the window of the plane lost in her own thoughts of the things to come when she gets home. She sighs to herself and looks over at jean who is engrossed in texting a guy she met at the conference. Ororo smiles to herself seeing Jean go out and meet someone new, a fellow mutant cival rights leader from Texas.

"Your giddy" Ororo teases her best friend, whos more like her sister. Jean looks up and blushes trying to hide her smile.

"Yea, i guess" she says trying to downplay how she felt but her smile was giving her away. "I mean were just talking. Its not bad to talk is it....Besides Rachel says i need a boyfriend" jean says shaking her head.

"I told you that six months after the divorce" Ororo teases and jean nods agreeing. "Wait why are you taking dating advive from a three year old?" ororo ask raising her brow.

"Hell, she got a more consistant relationship than me, she should know....we all know her and James will grow up and get married" jean says laughing. "she thinks of him alot"

"and he always asks for her" Ororo said to jean. She silently pondered times when James would ask for rachel. The worst thing that could happen to him is Rachel being upset with him.

"earth to roro....you there?" jean asks before being distracted by the buzz of her cell phone. "So hows boathouse life with a husband?"
"Getting a lot more busy." Ororo answers before sipping her peppermint tea.

"Oh my god your pregnant!" jean clasped her hands in joy. Ororo shook her head at her sister and laughed.

"Uh no...far from it and this trip is proof" Ororo says looking at her Ipad searching for an app to occupy her thoughts.

"I thought you guys were trying for another?" Jean asks while nose deep in a text message blushing profusly.

"What ever text message cowboy romeo is saying must be good" Ororo teases "But i think that we might put baby number three on ice for a moment, were going through an adjustment phase"

"adjusting to what?" jean ask still glued to her phone. "Aw look at him in his work clothes.....he cleans up nice" jean shows a picture of her new beau in a pair of jeans, a cut off shirt and some work boots.

"hes cute...little but cute. what does he do?" ororo ask going back to her twitter page laughing to herself at a picture of kendall and james that logan tweeted.

"Ok hes not that little....him and logan are the same size, give or take, and his "papaw" (making air quotes) is an oil man, and his dad and now him.....i dont know what an oil man does but he drives his truck and digs all morning then he goes to meetings all afternoon." jean says sounding dreamy

"logan has two inches on him...but yea youll see the changes when we get home" ororo says looking off.

"Ok but tell me this....do we have to cut logan...ill hold him down and you can fry him" jean offers

"No, he hasnt acted up that bad yet, but thanks for offering" Ororo says looking over at jean, who is in her own world. Ororo smiles a soft smile, happy for her friend, but she is mentally sighing at the thoughts of her own homelife. She knows she cannot in good consious run out on logan, her heart wont let her, nor will her loyalty to him. Its going to be a big change but as a family they have to be supportive of each other and take it day by day. As they approach the mansion in the taxi and Ororo sighs and closes her eyes trying to will her nerves to settle. She and jean get their bags and split the bill. She walked the trail to the boathouse and took a deep breath as she turned the door knob, but the sight of her husband and children on the couch sleeping warmed her heart and she thought that they might be able to pull off a blended family, with the help from the goddess, patients, cold beer, and long hot baths.
Chapter 5 by Girlwonder
She walks over to the couch and gently pulls her husbands sideburns. she smiles softly at him as he stirs from his sleep. he rubs his eyes and focuses on the woman before him. She looks tired and a little jet lagged but still beautiful.

"Hey darlin" he says softly, so he wouldnt wake the children. Sleep still in his voice.

"Hey" she says back. she turns and heads to the bedroom. Logan instinctivly follows her. Knowing they have to have a major talk. They enter the bedroom in silence. Both wanting to speak to each other but not knowing how to break the ice. Logan sits on the bed and lays back on the pillows. Ororo goes into the closet to change her clothes. "Um logan"

"Yea" he says sitting up. looking into the closet at his wife.

"Um, why are there GI Joes in our closet?" She ask walking out of the closet with a handful of tiny action figures.

"That damn boy......i dont know how i feel about my son playing in closets" Logan says scratching his beard. Ro laughed.
"I thought your only goal for him was to be taller than you?" She asked wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I still have that one. You think he will, he so small....girl got the height." he says thinking outloud. He hugs her to him and kisses her softly.

"what are we going to do?" She asks. " We cant just let them be homeless, thats how children get taken advantage of" she says sitting on the bed, her legs tucked under her and her hair falling past her shoulders.

"Your ok with them being here?" he ask walking over to her, laying across the bed in front of her.

She traced his side lightly with her fingers, he purred softly at her touch. he turned to face her. "well we can see what they wanna to do and go from there" He says pulling her into him. she curls into his side and is soon fast asleep. Logan holds her a while longer, enjoying the feel of her back in his arms. Logans eyes cut to the door when he heard stirring from the living room. He gets up to go check on everyone. When he gets to the living room he sees X up rubbing her eyes.

"Hey ya hungry?" He ask, noticing kendall waking up feeling around for her glasses. He smiled when he saw X hand them to her.

"Yea...i could eat" she says, stretching her arms over her head. She looks over at Daken and huffs shaking her head. He was sleeping face down with his face in his arm. "he sleeps like a log...dont nothing get to him when he sleeps....the rapture could come and he'd sleep through it, then wake up mad that he missed it" She says looking over to little james sleeping the same way as Daken. "I guess he does too"

"Yea, he's a heavy sleeper. we used to have to wake him up to feed him" Logan says looking at how similar his two boys sleep. Kendall climbs into X's lap and relaxes against her. X tenses a little but soon relaxes as well. Logan was amazed because kendall doesnt take to new people fast. It took a while for her to warm up to Bobby, but she still hasnt warmed up to Scott and shes going on five, so it probably wont happen. Logan feels a light touch on the nape of his neck and turns around seeing his wife smiling at him. "why aint ya resting?" he says a little aggravated. Since theyve been together they both sleep better however, she still has bouts of insomnia and will not allow her self proper rest on occasion. Usually, coming back from a mission or a conferance.

"well you got up and i cant sleep without you" she says softly. kendall hears her mother and runs towards the sound of her voice. The little girl slows down and tries to concentrate on which way her mother was standing. "over here baby" ororo says softly. Kendall smiles at the sound and finishes her trek to her mother who kneels down waiting with open arms. Kendall rest her head on her mothers shoulder and plays with a strand of hair. Ororo kisses her head looking compleatly satisfied. "Hello" she says softly smiling at X.

"Hi" She says shyly. "How are you?" she adds nervously.

"Im well, tired but well. You?" Ororo ask rubbing small circles on kendalls back. Kendall adjust she holds her head up and looks around with heavily lidded eyes before closing them and resting her head back on her mothers shoulder. Ororo looks at her husband with a knowing look, that says shes fighting sleep.

"Im ok" X says. Shes nervous but shes calming. The woman before her doesnt seem threatening or mean. She feels as if she could trust her. At that Moment she decides to do something she hasnt done before, let her guards down.

"Im Ororo, whats your name?" She asks soothing kendalls hair down. "excuse me, Logan have you put a brush in the girls hair?"

"she wouldnt let me" Logan says bluntly, shifting his weight. X and Ororo shake their heads at his admission. Logan shrugs it off and acts unaffected.

"I dont have a name....im just called X" she says plainly. She feels shame that the lab that made her didnt even have respect enough for her to give her a name.

"oh, well then why not pick one?" Ororo suggest, sitting down on the love seat, quieting down a stirring kendall.

"That sounds cool." x says nodding her head in approval. They talk comfortably for a little while longer until everyone started to nod off. Laura went into the extra room and falls asleep quickly. Logan and Ororo put kendall in her bed. They then put james in his, and he still didnt stir. Logan and Ororo go back to the living room to put Daken on the couch.

"Ro we gotta feed this boy, hes a bag of feathers." Logan says putting him down. Ororo puts covers on him and they both watch him settle and roll over, sighing contently.

"We can do that" she says as she heads down the hall. They climb back in bed and rest comfortably in each others arms. Soon they are both in a peaceful asleep.
This story archived at http://https://rolorealm.com/viewstory.php?sid=10463