Logan sat back in the chair in the library, his brows furrowed and rubbing his chin, deep in thought. Charles watched him closely trying to read his emotions and get a glimpse of his thoughts, but Logan was blocking him.
"Chuck are ya sure they are mine" Logan ask trying to relax in his chair.
"Yes Logan, hank has run test and both children match your DNA. But the girl seems to be a clone more or less." Charles said.
Logan sank into his chair looking sullen and a bit confused. "How the hell am I gonna explain this to 'ro" he thought to himself outloud.
"Logan with your memory loss and checkered past im sure she will be more than accepting" Charles reassured him.
"easy for you to say chuck.....your wife didnt have control over lightning and your bones aint metal" he said standing up.
"Logan, the two children are in their teen years. The boy will be 18 this summer and the girl is 15" charles said to the feral mutant as he walked out.
logan closes the door behind him and walks out of the mansions back door. In the back yard he sees he and his wifes two children playing tag with the other smaller ones of the mansion, laughing and having a good time under the watchful eyes of Kurt and Amanda, who were expecting their second child any day now. Logan continues to the boathouse to think of what has happend in the two days that Ororo was at the peace conferance with Jean.

***flashback***
"Be safe 'ro, ya know the FOH is known to attack these things, i cant take something happenin ta ya" he said watching her pack.
"It'll be fine love, you just worry about taking care of the babies, and ill be home soon" she kisses his forehead and he grunts contently at her loving gesture. He quietly watches her pack sitting on the bed. Their door opens and they both look to see kendall walking in. She bumps into the dressor and furrows her brow at it clenching her little fist. Logan smirks at his little girl, thinking itll be anyday before her claws make an apperance, he can smell it
"Baby where are your glasses?" ororo ask walking over to her daughter and picking her up.
"They broked" she says resting her head on her mothers shoulder.
"They broke? Well do you have them with you?" ororo asks rubbing her back. Kendall nodded her head and handed them to her mother. "They arent broken baby, just dirty lets go clean them." she takes kendall into their bathroom. Their son james runs into the room and jumps into the bed, then onto his father.
"Hi daddy!!" the little boy squeals hugging his dad. his son is a ball of noise with dirt on it.
"hey boy, where ya comin from" logan ask trying to settle him down.
"me and oli had dirt fight" james said excitedly. "Then uncle remy made us go inside and drink water"
"I wonder why" logan said,mostly to himslef. "lets get you in the tub, fer ya mama has a stroke at you getting dirt all over the fresh bed sheets." logan pick his son up and walks him into the bathroom. he sees ro finishing up cleaning kendalls glasses. after putting the kids to bed and telling them that she had to go on a trip, Jean and ro called a taxi and were gone within the hour.
Logan lay in bed wide awake. He felt a familiar buzz in his head, charles said he needed him downstairs. he went, first checking in Kendalls room to make sure she was ok, then his sons room for the same reason. when he got downstairs he saw Scott, Emma, Hank and Charles and immediantly thought the worse.
"What happened ta my wife" he said through clenched teeth and clenching his fist. His claws slowly making way through his skin.
"Logan calm down she is fine. but theyre are some people here to meet you." Hank said softly.
Logan raises his eyebrow. and watches his family part like the red sea, revealing two teenagers. they look at each other. the boy was a little taller than logan with a long black mohawk, slim build with a slight tan. The girl was around the same height as logan, with brown hair and big brown eyes. Both teens were stone faced while looking at him.

"Can i help you" logan asked gruffly. folding his arms across his chest.
"I dont know DAD, can you help me?" the boy said just as gruff and the girl scoffedd.

"Dad?" logan scratched his head.
"Yea when you slept with my whore mother i can along nine months later.....i met x looking for you along the way....my names Akihiro...or Daken" he said with his brow furrowed, almost looking ridiculous.

"Hank blood test em....we'll go from there" logan said still looking at the two teens.
"Hey guys we have two rooms you can sleep in ok" Scott said to them. walking over towards them.
"We sleep in the same room." X said slightly aggravated by scott "I dont like you....dont say shit else to me" she said picking up her backpack.

"Um logan do i still need to blood test both?" Hank ask grining at his feral friend.
"Yea, blue." logan says going upstairs. back in his loft he lays in bed thinking if they are his children how will he explain it to his wife.

***end of flashback***
In the boathouse logan sits with his beer at the kitchen table, his phone rings and he sees his wife picture pop up. he closes his eyes and answers. "hey"

"hey love, everything ok you sound wiped out?"she says concerned. Logan sighs heavily. He has never kept a secret from her, even before they accepted their connection and became a couple. She was always his save haven and sanity. Right now all he wanted to do was curl up under her and be told he was going to be alright.
"When are ya comin home?" he asked softly
"Logan, your scaring me....are the kids ok? are you ok? is the house ok?" she ask almost frantic.
"yea thats all ok....its just we gotta talk." he said before exhailing again.
"Your not backing out on me are you?" she ask softly. Logan could hear the hurt in her voice.
"Never. I promised ya forever.But I might be needing some back up from you." he says
"ok....well, my speech went over well and jean has a debate tomorrow evening, then we'll be home the next morning" she says quietly
"thats good darlin', i knew it would. Since ya talk so nice an all" he says before drinking some of his beer. "the pups are good, they out running and playing with the rest of the little ones"
"thats good babe, im gonna go grab some lunch so ill talk to you in a little bit" she says softly. they say their goodbyes and hang up.
Logan looks out the window and sees kurt rounding the kids up. He looks at his watch and figures hes taking them in for lunch and naps. he smiles to himself, he loves his children. hes always been there for them but now he has two more...that arent with his wife. He feels the need to care for them but how will his wife respond. she loves children and they often talk about adding one more to the brood, but two more...practically grown at that. he puts his head in his hands and sighs at the overwhelming feelings. "Im too old fer this shit" he says to himself.
he goes back to looking out the window, he sees daken and X walking from the lake. they sit under a tree and enjoy the shade. Daken goes into his backpack and pulls out a wooden box that he hands to X. She opens it and begins to set up what looks like chess pieces. Daken searches his backpack and pulls out a water bottle, he drinks from it then hands it to X who acepts it. Logan watches them interact and wants to go talk to them but wonders if he should.


Chapter End Notes:
A/N......Its an idea ive had for a while...i just finally sat and wrote it out. let me know what you think



You must login () to review.