Long Engagements by Stormcrow
Summary: This is a cross between Stargate and X-Men just to see how I could do it. Check it out.
Categories: Crossovers Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action, Comedy
Warnings: Adult language
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 5104 Read: 5161 Published: 12-09-05 Updated: 02-20-06

1. Setup by Stormcrow

2. ACT II by Stormcrow

3. Act III by Stormcrow

Setup by Stormcrow
Long Engagements

X-Men Fan fiction. Sinjin

Okay this is actually somewhat of an X-Man meets Stargate story. I was fooling around and came up with this. I don’t know where I was going with this but figured I’d share….


“ Okay so when are you and Forge suppose to be getting married?” asked Remy sitting across from Ororo in her office. XSE was ordered to green status for the next two rotations, something the team really needed. With Rogue off world and Lieutenant Colonial Alex Summers being transferred to her team she was playing catch up with her paper work. That was until Remy came in and started talking to her. He had become like another brother in her life, and sometimes he acted like it. Yet sometimes she thought he knew things before her, especially when it came to Logan Howlett. Secretly she hated that fact, as well as the fact that they never had been as close as she would have liked. You can always blame the XSE for that, but she had found a guy that could take her mind and possibly her heart away from that. That guy’s name was Forge, an inventor from Denver, Colorado. It was hard sometimes to get time together but it was worth it sometimes. Of course she was dreading this weekend, her Father Charles was coming to meet Forge finally and figured since he was on world he would try to spend time with Mark and her. Of course, she had to get past Remy first.

“We haven’t really set a date yet, possibly when next year. Why?” Ororo asked, her eyebrows slightly raises, with her mouth vaguely open. She gave the look when her curiosity had risen and she was waiting for information.

“No reason just curious, trying to make idle conversation.” Remy replied.

“Remy last I checked you weren’t Jonas being that he is still on Langara and you are here.” Ororo sniped smiling as she did when she was proud of herself.

“What is that suppose to mean? That I don’t do idle conversations?” Remy replied looking confused. “I think I can ramble on sometimes.”

Ororo started to smile even broader as she listened to Remy begin to ramble about how he could ramble if he wanted to. At that moment though the sound of Sgt Robert Drake’s voice over the intercom saying “Unscheduled off world activation.”

Ororo looked at Remy as she got up and proceeded to the gate room. A minute later she arrived in the control room and there standing in front of the glass was Brig. General Logan Howlett watching as the gate came to life.

“Good timing Colonial your father is about to step through.” Replied Logan.




“He’s a little early.” Rebutted Ororo as she proceeded to the gate room with Logan and Remy.

“Dad how are you?” replies Ororo as she hugs her father Charles.

“Fine as always Ororo. So when do I get to meet Forge?” Playfully answers Charles knowing that he would get a reaction out of his daughter. He missed Ororo and for all those years that he lost with her he still would sometimes kick himself for but his better half in Lylandra would not allow him for long.

At the mention of Forge’s name though Charles noticed something he noticed a few times before from Logan but never really said anything. He was an XSE General once and knew the regulations just as well if not better than Logan. Logan had a few quirks and was so much like himself that Charles came to secretly think of Logan as a son.

“Dad please be gentle. I don’t want you to scare him off before we even set a date.” Expresses Ororo.

“I can’t promise anything honey.” Charles replies as Ororo just raises her hand to her face in an expression of dread.

“So Logan how have you been?” Charles asks waiting for a patented Logan smart ass answer, and wasn’t disappointed.

“You know Charles, being a pain in the ass to any Acolyte within ear shot of a gate, helping legions of Mutants in their rebellion. Running the XSE, making sure everything is locked down including the silverware.” Answers Logan as the four of them leave the Gate room.


A little later as Ororo is changing into her civilian clothes in the locker room Charles who already is dressed walks to what was once General Summers’ office but now belongs to Brigadier General Logan Howlett. Charles knocks on the door, waiting for Logan to motion him in. Logan was on the phone with General Scott Summers and by the sound at Logan’s end it was a partial surprising one.

“Are you sure gen…Scott? I mean there has to be someone better.” Logan scratches his head with a befuddled look on his face. After a small pause Logan replies..” I don’t know what to say but I’ll think about it.”

Logan says his good byes and hangs up the phone and looks up at Charles with one of his patterned “How’s it going” looks.

“What can I do for you Charles?” Asks Logan watching his friend taking a seat.



“So may I ask what that call was about?” replies Charles, he crosses his arms across his chest. Looking like a father about to listen to a child. Logan examines Charles’ pose and takes a deep breath.

“It was just Scott telling me he’s about to retire and he was looking at a very short list of people to replace him.” Replies Logan.

“I take it your on that list?” replies Charles.

“I am the list.” Logan answers back. “Scott wanted the best guy for the job with the most experience.”

“What are you going to do?” Charles inquires as he leans forward.

“I don’t know.” Logan replies as he changes the subject. “So Charles what can I do for you?”

Now it was Charles’s turn to take a deep breath. He saw on more than one occasion how Logan would look at his little girl and how she would look at him. It reminded him of his wife and him in better days before she died. He noticed how Logan would hide behind sarcasms and not let many people in. It took awhile and for those who were let in they never truly get to see the under the armor. In many ways he was just like Logan, perhaps that is why Charles liked him so much.

“Logan how long have you been in love with my daughter?” Charles candidly solicits.

Logan didn’t even see that question coming. He was thrown off guard and reeling. He goes to raise up his hand and shake it a bit as he says…
“Where did that come from?”

“Me.” Charles replies clearly enjoying the situation.

“You know believe it or not Lylandra knew it as soon as she saw you two together but it was confirmed during that whole Armageddon mishap.”

“Why did you have to bring that up?” Asks Logan.

“Besides seeing you squirm that way, I just wanted to tell you that if things were different I wouldn’t mind calling you son.” Replies Charles. “Its hard to discuss something’s and I know that better than anyone but..”

“But nothing Charles, it’s the regs and I am her superior officer. There is nothing short of one of us leaving the XSE to solve that one.”



“Logan would you have?” replies Charles.

“In a minute, especially now. I mean a retired General’s pension.”

“Logan.” Responds Charles.

“She is engaged Charles to that Forge guy, there isn’t any room for me. Besides tonight I have a dinner date with a friend.”

“Whose that?”

“Mariko.”

“Who?”

“She was my uh.. wife.”

“Oh, I think Ororo told me about what she had heard from Remy. I am sorry Logan I didn’t mean to..”

“Its okay Charles, its water under the bridge.” Logan felt extremely uncomfortable as if he was being interrogated. He wanted to leave and just get away.

“Where are you going?” asks Charles this time changing the subject.

“Fazoli’s. I feel like Italian tonight.” Replies Logan. “Anything else?”

“No.”

At that point in time Ororo came up knocking on Logan’s office door.
“Sir, Dad what are you two talking about?”

“Nothing honey just asking how you’ve been and asking how Logan was handling everything.” Replies Charles as he gets up and walks over to his daughter.

“Yeah that he did.” Logan replied. “I’m about to leave so if you don’t mind.” As he was ushering them out.

“Where is he off too in a hurry?” Ororo asks out loud.

“He has a date.” Counters Charles.

“A date?” Ororo looks stunned…..




“He has a date?” asks Ororo still stunned by the news. Forge comes up beside her and puts his arms around her.

“You said that already Ororo, for the hundredth time.” He replies. “Are you talking about your dad by the way?”

“uh” she pauses “ oh no my boss.”

“The guy with the Visor?” replies Forge

“No that’s General Summers he was transferred a month ago.” Ororo utters slightly laughing.

“Oh you didn’t tell me. Whose your new boss?”

“Well actually he’s an old boss with a new job. Its General Howlett.”

“He got promoted?” replies Forge dumbfounded realizing how much he didn’t know.

“He promoted me. I didn’t tell you, I thought I did.” Answers Ororo

“Hey Ororo I heard about this place down the road called Fazoli’s and I haven’t had great Italian in a long time.” Charles announces as he walks into the room where his Daughter and Forge were.

“Okay dad not a problem. I’ll get my coat.” Ororo answers as she quickly leaves the room heading to the bedroom.

Forge stands there scratching his head wondering what just went on. Charles grins a little knowing how he felt. Many a time Charles felt that way, also knew it would not be the last.




The little restaurant had not changed in a long time and Logan liked that. He and Mariko had come here tonight to just talk and laugh. It wasn’t long ago that Mariko had called Logan to tell him she had met someone who she had come to care for. Logan gave her his blessing if that was what she was calling to ask, but it was different. She was healing and she wanted Logan in her life as a friend. They set at their normal table and ate good Italian, laughing about the antics Logan told her about. She heard about Rogue and Remy as well as Ororo. To listen to Logan actually talk to her was amazing. When they were married he hardly ever would open up to her but something was changed when he spoke about Ororo. A woman could always tell when a man was in love and she was happy for him although he wouldn’t admit it.


A few minutes later Logan stopped speaking as he saw who walked in the door. It was Charles, Ororo, and Forge. What were they doing here? Then he remembered he told Charles. What was he up to? Ororo was the first to see Logan setting with Mariko and she was drawn back. Charles saw them as well and began to walk over to them.

“Okay what are you up to Charles?” replies Logan a loud and that was when Mariko turned around as saw Ororo. She had only met her once in passing seven years before when Logan came back to her and turned into their daughter. Sometime later Logan had called her to ask how she was doing. He could never tell her what it was all about but she felt that he tried to reach out. That was enough.
ACT II by Stormcrow
The little restaurant had not changed in a long time and Logan liked that. He and Mariko had come here tonight to just talk and laugh. It wasn’t long ago that Mariko had called Logan to tell him she had met someone who she had come to care for. Logan gave her his blessing if that was what she was calling to ask, but it was different. She was healing and she wanted Logan in her life as a friend. They set at their normal table and ate good Italian, laughing about the antics Logan told her about. She heard about Rogue and Remy as well as Ororo. To listen to Logan actually talk to her was amazing. When they were married he hardly ever would open up to her but something was changed when he spoke about Ororo. A woman could always tell when a man was in love and she was happy for him although he wouldn’t admit it.


A few minutes later Logan stopped speaking as he saw who walked in the door. It was Charles, Ororo, and Forge. What were they doing here? Then he remembered he told Charles. What was he up to? Ororo was the first to see Logan setting with Mariko and she was drawn back. Charles saw them as well and began to walk over to them.

“Okay what are you up to Charles?” replies Logan a loud and that was when Mariko turned around as saw Ororo. She had only met her once in passing seven years before when Logan came back to her and turned into their daughter. Sometime later Logan had called her to ask how she was doing. He could never tell her what it was all about but she felt that he tried to reach out. That was enough.

“So that is Lt. Colonial Monroe?” Mariko replied noticing Logan’s face as she asked that question.

“Yeah.” Logan answers as he sips his beer from the longneck bottle.

“She is very attractive Logan and knowing you she is also extremely intelligent and strong.” Mariko held Logan’s free hand on the table and smiled. “You deserve to be happy.”

Meanwhile across the room Ororo, Forge and Charles await a table at the bar. The entire time Charles is grinning like a jackass chewing on briars. “This is a nice place.”

“Yeah Father it is,” Ororo speaks coolly, she places her famous poker face on, Charles knows his daughter too well. Forge just looks around not sure what to ask, until he begins to speak.

“So Charles, is it true you have one of those things in you?” Forge realizes what he says and wishes he could take it back. He wants to impress Charles, he wants to show Ororo he is a man she can be proud of. Forge can’t compete with the work that Ororo or the rest of her team does. He can’t compete with Logan.

“That thing is a Shi’ar and her name is Lylandra young man, and if you want this night to continue I suggest you ask those questions back within the XSE.” Charles states as he he continues, “You would make an excellent host by the way Forge.”

“Dad.” Ororo places her hand on her father’s forearm, signaling that it was enough.
Charles gently smiles, and with that patient Charles Xavier twinkle he places his hand on top of his daughter’s and replies….

“I just want you to be happy Ororo.” Then that glimmer disappears slightly. “ I won’t be around forever honey.”

“Dad don’t talk like that,” Ororo replies, “Besides I am happy.” Her smile didn’t reach her eyes, but only a few people could even detect that fact. Unfortunately, Charles was one of those few people.

Across the restaurant where Logan and his ex-wife Mariko were sitting, another conversation was taking place….

“So how long have you been in love Logan?” Asks Mariko. Her dark eyes piercing through Logan’s very soul. He could remember when they shared so much of themselves with each other, their hopes, their dreams, their love. That was before the loss of their daughter Laura, after that they crumbled apart. When Logan left the last time, he was almost a broken man. He left with no explanation, he just ran away. However, when he did finally come home, Mariko had left, unable to coup with being shut out. Soon afterward, Logan moved into his cabin and rejoined S.H.I.E.L.D.’s XSE and after seven years being promoted to the rank of General.

Logan nearly spits out his iced tea he was currently drinking when he hears his ex-wife’s question. It takes him a few seconds to recover from his coughing fit and looks at Mariko with tear-filled eyes. “Excuse me?”

“You heard me,” was the only reply Logan received from his ex-wife Mariko.

“I don’t know what your talk’n about Mariko.” Logan answers as he places his drink back on the table, glancing across the restaurant in the general direction of Ororo, Forge and Charles.

“If its those stupid regulations that’s holding you back then your missing a good thing Logan.” Mariko places her hand over her ex-husband’s in gentle reminder how well she knew him.


On the Planet designated PX3-5489 Remy LeBeau, and Dr. Douglas Ramsey accompany another team from the XSE through the gate. The group is designated XS-4, led by enigmatic Major Kurt Wagner and consists of his second Captain Katherine Pride the science officer, Captain Lucas Bishop, Lieutenant Tabitha Smith, Dr. Jean Grey and Dr. Cecelia Reyes. They are mainly a research team with first contact experience. The planet they are on has no intelligent life that was found near the gate by the previous team, though extremely ancient ruins were found. It is this team’s responsibility to analyze and catalog the ruins. Major Wagner, Captain Lucas Bishop, Lieutenant Smith and Remy span outward in a spiral pattern within one hundred yards of the site, while Remy, Dr. Ramsey, Dr. Reyes, Dr. Grey and Captain Pride examine the pictographs of the lost civilization.

“Looks like ancient Deviant to a point.” Captain Pride observes, speaking aloud.

“That means it could be Skrull, Terrain Deviant, or the D’Bari,” chimes in Dr. Reyes.

“Don’t forget the Guna,” Dr. Ramsey replies nudging Dr. Grey.

“How could we forget them Doug, you always remind us of them.” Dr. Jean Grey answers as she rubs her hands over the ancient writing.

“Yes well by the looks of these ruins it wasn’t the Guna or the D’Bari,” Captain Pride continues.

“Well I believe it is actually Skrull.” Dr. Ramsey says as he places his hand on the writing as his eyes glow. “This isn’t good.”

Seventy yards east of the current sight, Captain Bishop and Remy LeBeau stake out the deserted scene, reminding them both of a no man’s land. How long has this city not felt another being’s footstep onto its streets?

“So Remy when are General Howlett and Colonel Monroe going to get together?” Captain Bishop asks as he scans the horizon.

“At the right they’re going. Never.” Remy says as something catches his eye. “Bishop what is that over there?” Remy points out a shining glimmer in the sky.

“Oh hell. INCOMING!”

Fifteen minutes later back on Earth in an Italian restaurant called Fazoli’s; General Logan Howlett’s pager vibrates. He looks down at it and reads the number appearing on it.
“Oh no.” Logan looks up from the message screen toward his Ex-Wife Mariko and before he can say anything she simply responds..

“Go on.”

Meanwhile across the floor at the table of Lt. Colonial Ororo Monroe, Retired General Charles Xavier and the man named Forge the general’s departure does not go unnoticed.
Ororo gets up from her seat and begins to walk away after Logan when she feels a hand on her arm. She looks back to see Forge making eyes contact. She knows what he wants to say, but she needs to go after Logan, to find out what was happening. Without a word, she escapes from Forge’s grasp and walks away never looking back.

“A word of advice Forge, before you say anything it’s Ororo’s life and heart. She will never leave the XSE for anyone or anything except perhaps one person and he just walked out of that door.” Charles replies. “Son you know that in your heart.”

Forge looks upon Charles and knows the truth, he knows that no matter what Ororo would always be with the XSE and if it came down to it, She would leave him over it.
“Tell Ororo I had a good time tonight.” Forge answers unemotionally. “Nice to have met you.”

In the parking lot outside of Fazoli’s, as Logan gets into his F350 he smells the familiar sent of sandalwood and rain.

“Sir what is wrong?” was all Ororo says as she climbs into the passenger’s side of the truck.

“A problem with XS-4.” Logan begins, as he realizes “Aren’t you having dinner with Chuck and what’s his name?”

“His name is Forge and I was but I saw you leave and figured it was important.”
Act III by Stormcrow
The base was on high alert as General Logan Howlett entered the control room fresh from dinner. He had been beeped only fifteen minutes ago from his date with his ex-wife Mariko. Following behind him was a Nubian beauty with white hair and blue eyes. Her name is Ororo Monroe, and presently she is the leader of XS-1 a team of elite soldiers that guard against alien and mutant threats. She too was at the restaurant with her father Charles and fiancé Forge Wildfire.

“What do we have Thomas?” Logan gruffly asks taking a position to the Sergeant’s left looking out to the gate from the control room.

“We received a message from XS-4, they are under attack and have taken losses. They are penned about 100 yards from the gate,” replies the sergeant.

“Didn’t Doug, Jean and Remy go with them today?” Lt. Col. Monroe asks.

“Ready XS-7 and 5. I’ll meet them in the gate room.” General Logan answers as he turns to leave heading toward the armory.

“Sir where are you going?” Ororo asks as she matches his stride.

“What does it look like Colonel Monroe I’m going to play catch with the kids down the block.”

“Then I’m going with you.” Ororo protested. “You might need a resourceful catcher.” Logan continued to the armory never looking at her.

“The hell you are Monroe. You have a dinner you need to be at so I suggest you get out of here and back to your father.” Gen. Logan responded as he entered the elevator, “That’s an order Monroe.” The elevator door closes as a hurt Ororo Monroe simply looks at the disappearing General.

Three minutes later, the gate room door opens as General Howlett walks through in full battle rattle. “Let’s move ladies we don’t have all day. Major Grimm I want guns o’ blaz’n is that understood!”

“Yes SIR!” answers the battle hardened Major Ben Grimm.

The nine other soldiers dressed in armor and gear follows the General’s lead, as he is the first to enter the gate. The General always made it a point, when he lead XS-1 before he was promoted to lead by example and always was the first through the gate and the last to leave. Many respected that attitude; few could live up to his reputation as that type of commander. He never asked anyone to do something he was not prepared to do first. It was one of the many things that Lieutenant Colonel Ororo Monroe loved about the man who disappeared through the gate.

“Be careful.” Monroe whispers under her breath.
The restaurant is quiet with its family atmosphere; conversations are heard in low tones.

“I hear you like to invent Forge?” Charles asks, “What is it that you work on?”

“Mostly weapon systems for the government.” Forge replies testing the water, and feeling blown off by the woman he loves. “’Roro said that you were a general in the Army before you left.”

“I was.” Charles replies, examining the younger man.

“What is it like?”

“What is what like?” Charles places his elbows on the table and leans in slightly.

“You know. Other places.” Forge was watching what he was saying in case of people over hearing the conversation.

“Amazing. Never could of imagined it.” Charles answers slightly amused. “So Forge do you really love my daughter?”

“Yes I do.”

“Can you make her happy?”

“I don’t know. I’d like to try.”

“Really how?”

“Maybe after were married we could move back to DC. That way she can go back to the Pentagon.”

“Do you think she’d want that?”

“She and I had a conversation the other day and she said that she was getting tired of the way her career was.”

“You took it that she wanted to transfer away from her present place then.”

“Yes.”

“Inter…”Charles’ phone vibrates. ”..esting.”

Charles opens the phone as he pulls it from his inner pocket. “Hello?”

“I understand sweetheart.” Charles answers after a moment. “I’ll tell him. Yes. I’ll be there afterwards. Goodbye.”

After Charles closes the cell phone that Ororo gave to him just incase of emergencies while he was on planet side he looks over to Forge.

“Let me guess something came up.” Forge says as his eyes tell Charles of his disappointment.

“Sorry.” Charles replies as he gets up from the table, his grin becoming apparent as he leaves.



Charles enters the control room of the XSC hearing the familiar noise of the alarms as the gate activated.

“Medical team to the gate room. Fatalities and injured reported.” The Sgt’s voice rang over the loud speakers.

“Ororo what’s happened?” Charles asks with a perplexed look on his face.

“The Kree attacked one of our teams on PX3-5489 where we had found ruins.”
Ororo replies. “We’ve taken losses, its still unclear who yet.”

“Where’s Logan?”

“He went with the back-up squads to get XS-4 out.”

“Oh no.” Charles replies as he sees his daughter’s face as she had said those words. He then looks to the gate as people come running through it. One of the last running through is Remy Lebeau with his P90 firing back through the gate. Then the gate closes as the injured and dieing are brought to the med lab, among them is General Logan Howlett on a stretcher.

Ororo had turned at his words to witness the entire scene, everything was moving in slow motion for her at that moment. As she saw Logan, her heart sank and a feeling as though someone had punched her in the stomach emerged.
“Logan?”




In front of the gate stood a pulpit, on the right hand side of room a coffin with a closed casket; an American flag draped over it, the blue field placed on the upper left facing the crowd. Flowers decorating the room, chairs placed at the ramp of the gate’s base in seven rows with twelve seats in each. All the seats were full, a detachment of seven Marines stood on the far left of the room behind the gate. The right hand side, on the ramp stood a row of people, one of them was Charles, another Rogue looking somber with her gold tattoo upon her brow, Remington Lebeau next to her, Major Ben Grimm after him, Dr. Douglas Ramsey after him. Ororo stood at the pulpit, her eyes showed how tearful they had been, but she showed her unemotional shroud as always.

“We are here today to pay tribute to a hero.” She looks over to the casket.
“Each of us can say many good things as we all have stories of our encounters.”

Ororo’s mind cascades back to earlier that morning as she gives this eulogy of a fallen loved one.

“Forge I think…” Ororo almost fumbles, “I am sure..” She finds her resolve as she stands in front of him with her dress uniform on, her hair of winter white held in a bun. “that though I do care for you deeply, more than I can say, I can’t marry you.”

She remembers the look on Forge’s face as she said those words. He was hurt, his heart breaking.

“Why?” He asks, his voice slightly cracking as he speaks.

“I can’t give you my entire heart, ever.” She tries to reign in her emotions as she holds back the tears. She feels as if she is about to explode with tears and a torrent of sadness, not for what she is saying but for what it is doing to a good man. “That part of my heart is was for another.”

After a moment, Forge leaves the bench where the two had just spoken.

“We all loved our fallen hero. Our world will be a lonelier place now.” After the eulogy, Lt. Col. Ororo Monroe walks down the ramp, past the seated personal, to the casket as she runs her hand over it with an affection she rarely showed but always possessed. Afterwards she left the room, walking toward the elevator.

Ororo enters the infirmary walking over to the drawn curtain and opens it. She sits down next to a man named Logan Howlett, the general, the hero, the object of her love. She places her hand on top of his as he looks at her.

“How did it go?” Logan asks, a breathing tube strapped around his nose.

“Jean would have liked it.” Ororo answers as she squeezes his hand.

“I’m sure she would have.” Logan says, “I’m sorry ‘Ro. I know she was your best friend.”

“When will you be released Logan?” Ororo asks, noticing him using his nickname for her instead of her last name as he does at work. She though always called him Sir, until now.

“In a few weeks.” Logan noticed it.

“Good, then maybe I can go fishing with you at your cabin.”

“I’d like that, but wouldn’t….”

“He and I are no longer seeing each other Logan.”

The end…….
This story archived at http://https://rolorealm.com/viewstory.php?sid=1365