All Children..... by Stormcrow
Summary: Just something I had an idea for. It will have short chapters at first but as I have the time they will get longer.
Categories: General Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action, Comedy
Warnings: Violence, Adult language
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: Yes Word count: 12801 Read: 21664 Published: 02-21-06 Updated: 09-12-06

1. All children must leave home by Stormcrow

2. All children fall by Stormcrow

3. All children fight Part 1 by Stormcrow

4. all children fight part 2 by Stormcrow

5. All children fight 3 by Stormcrow

6. All children cry 1 by Stormcrow

7. All children heal by Stormcrow

8. All children play by Stormcrow

9. all children cry 2 by Stormcrow

10. All children bleed by Stormcrow

11. All children Grow by Stormcrow

12. All Children come home by Stormcrow

All children must leave home by Stormcrow
All children must leave home

The man dressed in Red, White and Blue has been a war hero fighting on the shores of Normandy to fighting the good fight in the present. His name is Steve Rogers, though the world knows him better as CAPTIAN AMERICA. He is an Icon, a legend, a Leader. He has lead the Invaders and the Avengers through out the years and now he leads the current incarnation of the Avengers made up of Ironman, Cage, Spiderman, Spiderwoman, Ronin, Sentry and Wolverine. His demeanor unchanged as he stands in the X-men’s War Room facing the man who as a boy idealized him, a man who is like him in many ways. The man’s name is Scott Summers the one-eyed CYCLOPS. Next to him to his right sits the WHITE QUEEN, Emma Frost. In the middle of this stare down sits the man-beast samurai James Logan Howlett the WOLVERINE. The door slides open to reveal a man who has been an Avenger, a Defender, a Champion of Los Angeles, and currently an X-man Hank McCoy the BEAST.

“Steve its been awhile, how are you?” McCoy asks sincerely, and then he senses the tension in the air. “Is there something I should not be interrupting here this minute?”

“Not at all Henry its good to see you though I have to admit I miss your blue ape like form before.” Captain America approaches his old friend with a firm handshake. “We are just discussing Wolverine’s decision with Cyclops.”

“What decision is that?” McCoy interjects, his curiosity plagued by the onset.

Cyclops stares down Wolverine then turns to Henry and through gritted teeth he replies “Wolverine is leaving the X-Men on a permanent basis.”

“Uh so you will be staying with the Avengers I take it.” McCoy’s voice revealing he was not surprised and offered congratulations to his fellow feral.

“Ya don’t sound tak’n back blue.” Wolverine responds as he lite up a cigar.

“Well not even Quicksilver could keep up with the schedule you have been keeping lately my friend. You are, were a member of both Alex’s and Kurt’s team as well as an Avenger; the big guns I might add, as well as sorting out your past with those revealed memories and all. It’s bound to tire even your healing factor out.” McCoy answers logically.

“That’s not all Henry.” Interrupts Emma.

“Yes, we have decided to ask another to join our ranks.” Captain America answers freely. “Ororo Monroe.”

“My stars and Garters.” Hank responds. “Is Jessica tired of being the only female on the team?”

“I understand she’s in Africa right now though.” Captain America says. “I have sent Iron Man and Spiderwoman to ask her personally.”

“Tony and Jessica, the two most persuasive people I have ever met. Intriguing.” McCoy replies.

“I think it’s a load of crap!” Cyclops snaps. “First Wolverine comes in here says he is leaving the X-Men because he does not have the time anymore for us.”

“Correction Scott, Ah said tha Drama anymore.” Wolverine interrupted.

“Then Captain America asks if he could offer Storm a seat at the Avengers table.” Scott continues. “By taking Storm you are effectively taking away one of our field commanders and with Wolverine quitting that leaves us short handed.”

“Actually Scott we have all three rosters full on top of the teaching staff at the school. They aren’t really leaving us short handed.” McCoy states.

“Hank.” Scott looks at his blue felined friend with a look easily read by all….-your not helping-
All children fall by Stormcrow
She was an adrenaline junkie. She knew it. She loved the way her body hummed when it was in motion. She loved the pulse of adrenaline in her veins. She felt invincible, powerful. It was with this sense strength that she leveled a spinning sidekick into her opponents’ solar plexus. The man dressed in black flies back against the wall, his air forced out of his lungs. She followed him as he had flown against the wall, her fist stopping at the center of his throat; her aim true.
His name is T’Challa, King of Wakanda; the world knows his as the BLACK PANTHER. His sparring companion who just showed him his royal ass was once a thief in Cairo, then a goddess in Kenya becoming an X-man code-named STORM. She is named Ororo Monroe, soon to be Ororo Monroe wife of T’Challa; Queen of Wakanda. From the observation booth watching the display of fighting prowess Jessica Drew-Cage and Anthony “Tony” Stark collectively called SPIDER-WOMAN and IRON-MAN to the world at large.
“Only a hand full of people on this planet could match or beat T’Challa’s fighting ability. She was taught well.” Replies Jessica studying the scene intently.
“She was taught by the best there is Jess. His name is Wolverine.” Answers Tony.
“You always sound as if you admire Patc..Logan. Why is that Tony?” Asks Jessica as she looks at him.
“Ah Patch, that’s right you knew him by that name when the X-Men were “Dead” so to speak.” Tony glances at her. “Let’s say that James Logan Howlett has over come many things in his long life to become what he is now.”
“Touching but really.”
“When I crawled into the bottle everyone credits Jim or the Iron-Man or even Steve for helping me. To tell the truth it was Logan.”
********************************
A short man with wild black hair and amber eyes looks the tall dark Handsome playboy that is Tony Stark in the eyes, not needing his enhanced senses to now the smell coming off of his breath. He picks up the man from the back of an alley way where he had just been beaten nearly to death only to be rescued just know by none other than Logan.
“Yer Stark ain’t cha Bub?” Logan doesn’t expect an answer but continues “Long ‘way from home. Looks like ya mite need a place ta stay fer ‘while. Ah got a place not far from here. Help ya sober up too.”
Days later Tony awakens in a strange bed, only remembering scant images of him picking a fight with three Canadian hockey players for making a pass at one of their girlfriends. He remembers a whirling dervish of a man who came to help. Afterwards he remembers nothing. He tries to rise but the cracked ribs hinder that progress.
“Ouch.” Tony winces in pain, “What the hell hit me?”
“250 lbs of Hockey player and his friends bub.” Tony looks toward the chair by the fireplace in what appeared to be a cabin, there sat the man called Logan tending to it.
“You helped me?” Tony could barely focus.
“Ya got a pretty good concussion, five broke ribs, busted blood vessels in da left eye, right hand broken in two spots, bruised spine, and last but not least yer left arm is broken.” Logan got up and moved over closer to Tony Stark.
“Drink dis.” Logan places a steaming mug of something close to Tony’s lips.
After Tony took some he spit it out as the taste of turpentine attacks his taste buds, he says in a wheezed voice…”What is that?”
“Old recipe from Africa, at least dat is what ‘Ro said." Logan chuckles slightly.
“Why am I here not a hospital?”
“Well Ah figured you’d not want da publicity. Allowed ya ta save face so ta speak.”
“Thank you.”
“’Sides who am Ah to not allow a man like ya ta kill yerself.” Logan gives him more of the herbal tonic. “Whatever demons ya got Stark be da man I know ya can be and face ‘em.”
“What gives you the right to say something like that? You don’t know me.”
“True but I know what its like ta runaway from those demons and it ain’t good ta. Ya nev’r stop runn’n. Take it from me Bub.”
“Who are you?”
“I’m just called Wolverine but my friends call me Logan.” He extends his hand in friendship. Tony reaches for it as he says
“I’m Tony.”
***************************

“He did that for you?” Jessica asks grinning slightly.
“Yes.”
“Sounds like him.” A voice from behind them replies, it is a voice of strength and integrity; it is the voice of Ororo Monroe.
“Tony what do I owe the pleasure?” T’Challa interjects as he shakes Anthony’s hand in genuine friendship.
“Actually we’re hear to ask something of Ms. Monroe here.” Jessica says.
“You are Jessica Drew aren’t you?” Ororo replies extending her hand. “It’s been awhile.”
“Yes it has been.” Jessica accepts it. “how are you?”
“I’m fine Ms. Drew.”
“It’s Mrs. Cage now.” Jessica corrects. “But call me Jessica.”
“My apologies..Jessica. Congratulations.” Ororo releases her hand.
“I didn’t know you two knew each other.” Asked T’Challa dumbfounded.
“Through a mutual friend.” Jessica answers.
“A dear one.” Ororo added.
“That’s right that whole Viper wedding thing.” Tony interjects.
“I’d rather not be reminded of that Mr. Stark.” Ororo says, her ice queen rudeness showing through. Jessica can sense the emotional shift and wonders why.
“Yes Tony it was not the best of times.” Jessica continues.
“Which brings us to why we are here.” Tony says confidently.
“We the Avengers would like to ask you if you’d consider becoming an Avenger.”
All children fight Part 1 by Stormcrow
All Children fight

“Why would they ask for me to join them?” Ororo asks herself as she gets out of the shower. She thinks back to earlier that day as she spoke to Iron man and Spiderwoman as they made her an offer to join the Avengers.

“We are here to offer you membership in the Avengers Ms. Monroe.” Tony motions toward her, his smile disarming.

“Why?” was all Ororo asks, her tone implies mush more though.

With a smile, Tony begins. He knows this will be a challenge, even before this meeting. Logan himself warned him.

“A few of our members have either worked with you or has been within your presence for a little while and were impressed.” As Tony speaks these words, he looks over to Jessica Drew-Cage, the Spiderwoman.

Ororo chuckles aloud, a deep throaty seductive laugh, her eyes show her amusement at Tony Stark’s remark. “I also know that Logan is a member of the Avengers. Knowing him he suggested me first.”

“On the contrary Ms. Monroe, I did.” Jessica replies as she sips on coffee brought to her by a servant of the house Wakanda. “He seconded it.”

Ororo looks over at the dark haired woman, knowing her past to her best friend Logan. She knows that they had shared a bed while he was called Patch, only six years ago when the X-Men were dead. That thought bit at her soul as she closes off that thought.

“T’Challa can tell you that being an Avenger is more than just belonging to an elitist club. We are a group of individuals that bring ideas to the table; we are very social with each other. We are much like the Police or Fireman, not just warriors. We bring together our different ideals and are allowed to mesh well. We like the X-Men fight for a bigger picture but we are not blinded by a dream, we work with reality.” Jessica continues to speak, bringing Ororo out of her trance of thought.

“Even Hank can tell you Ororo that once you’re an Avenger, you’re always an Avenger. A member of an extended family that grows continually.” Tony takes over the conversation.

“I already have a family Mr. Stark.” Says Ororo. “They are the X-Men.”

“But Ms. Monroe you won’t have to be watched over constantly because of being a mutant. You will not be feared as much and given leeway. Given contacts that in the end would be able to help the X-Men. Wouldn’t it have been easier on the X-Men if they knew more about the F.O.H. or S.W.O.R.D. or any other threat.” Rebuffed Tony. His cooperate shark persona emerging.

“I will consider it Mr. Stark. Thank you.” Ororo replied, she never looked at Jessica Drew once.

“Ororo, earlier when Tony and Jessica were here you did not look at her once. You also became resistant to the idea of joining when you found out that She suggested your membership and Logan seconded it. What is the story behind that Ororo?” T’Challa was a good man, a better king, and as observant as any she had ever met. “I know the reason you agreed to marry me was not just because you feel that you will grow to love me, its because your tired of following a dream at the cost of your life. You’re thirty and like all women and men, you began to think that you wanted a family, something to show your passing for yourself. You want a child or children, and somewhere along the line of the passing year during the “M” crisis, you realized that and it carried over back into our main stream. The man you wanted to be with was not your knight, and I was an enemy but a constant. I am a safe bet. He wasn't”

“Are you trying to chase me away T’Challa?” Ororo asks as she is taken back by the Panther’s frankness.

“Just stating a fact Ororo, my love. Being a King and an Avenger taught me insight.”

“You were also a member of the Fantastic four.”

“So was the Wolverine.”

Ororo stops for a moment speechless. What was T’Challa’s game?
++++++++++

Across the Indian Ocean on the Andaman, island chain south of Myanmar near India sits a very old plantation, bought by a man named Tod March CEO of Galactic Pictures, but in reality is only a ghost of sorts. The man has had many names since World War II, but he is better known as Johann Shmidt; the Red Skull. It is here that a group of people have been gathered under a trainer simply called the TASKMASTER to form a counter-part to the New Avengers. The leader of this group of criminals is the son of the dead Mandarin and current wielder of the rings of power he had. His name is TEMUGIN.
His second in command is a young man with a gifted mind and partial inheritor of Osborn Technologies. His name is Gabriel Osborn, younger brother to Harry and the current GREEN GOBLIN. Both young men wish nothing more than to have revenge upon the men whom they feel took what little they had. In this, they took the offer of the Red Skull to join his organization to kill those two men; Tony Stark and Peter Parker.

The others are criminals whose assorted pasts have run consistently, who also has shown promise with the right training. Emil Blonsky the gamma powered ABOMANATION, Alex O’Hirn, better known as the unstoppable RHINO, the woman called LODESTONE a mutant with magnetic abilities, Colonel-General Valentin Shatalov the latest possessor of the CRIMSON DYNAMO armor, and ZZZAX an "electromagnetic intelligence," a psionically-charged electromagnetic field which has a humanoid form.

They are simply dubbed FORCE WORKS, a mockery of a former team lead by Ironman and consisted of Spider-Woman II, Scarlet Witch, USAgent, and Wonderman. The Skull thought it fitting and over the last year after the prison breakout he had Task Master train them, it was no easy assignment as they had to place their egos to the side for a greater “good” so to say. Their first assignment was to attack Wakanda and steal Vibranium for a new weapon the Skull had obtained plans for. As they left in a stolen prototype Quin-jet the Skull smiles as he inhales on a cigarette.
all children fight part 2 by Stormcrow
All Children fight part 2


Stark Tower, within the confines of the training room two Avengers run through a matched gauntlet, the goal is not to get hit and hit the red button on the other side of the room.

“Why do you not like T’Challa?” The man called Steve Rogers better known as CAPTAIN AMERICA speaks to his workout partner WOLVERINE.

“Ah can’t put my finger on it.” Logan responds as he and Captain America leap over energy blasts within the training room.

“Could it” Cap flips “be” he twists around landing into a summersault “you are jealous?”
He lets his shield fly hitting his target, a laser turret.

“Who doesn’t” Logan tucks and rolls “know that” he slides under a mounted turret unsheathing his claws into the servo motors “but its somethin’” He rolls avoiding another blast “else”

“Care to” Cap retrieves his shield as he narrowly escapes a flying bolo net “expand on that.”

“When the” Logan flips side ways landing on his feet then executing a series of flips “X-Men” “Went” “to” “Niganda”

“Okay.” The star spangled Avenger rolls as another blast misses him.

“Panther acted” Wolverine rolls and flips as several energy spikes nail where he was seconds ago “as if he” metal rods with large blunt ends project out of the floor. Logan dodges them all, using them to flip “was aware” “of all of” “it”

“I” Steve moves forward, then flips back as a gattling laser targets him. “can” “tell you” T’Challa” “isn’t a “ “bad guy”

“Isn’t he?” Logan leaps hitting the button turning off the program.

“Your pretty good at this.” Captain America replies, “But really Logan are you sure your not thinking with your heart.”

“Nev’r said Ah wasn’t.” Logan lights a cigar, “You should try dis wit Parker.”

“No thanks, the kid is to agile.” Captain replies.

“How ya think Ah got better.”



His name is Robert Reynolds, a man that maybe the most powerful being on the planet. The world knows him as the SENTRY, and presently he stands in the monitor womb watching for signs of any trouble through out the world. The man next to him has been a loner as a hero for a while now but recently agreed to join the Avengers, his name is Peter Parker and in his new red and gold suit, he is the new and improved SPIDERMAN.

“Your alittle hard core there Sentry.”

“Why do you say that?” Sentry looks over at his teammate.

“You take monitor duty a lot.” Spiderman says as he quickly scans the multiple monitors.

“BEEP BEEP”

“oh oh we have trouble” Spiderman replies.


The Quinjet is the worlds fastest military-grade jet transport able to reach speeds of up to Mach 5.4.

“Alright people we will be there in a few minutes. Wolverine I want you and RONIN to infiltrate the palace. Spiderman, Ironman, Cage, Sentry you’re the main attack force. Spiderwoman your with me. According to T’Challa, the group of criminals includes Rhino, Abomination, the Green Goblin and Crimson Dynamo. Since Ironman and Spiderman know them, I want them to run info and lead that strike. I do not know who else is there but none of these people are leadership material. It could be a distraction.”
Captain America replies keeping eye contact with them all.


Her name is STORM, former leader of the X-Men, current girlfriend to the Black Panther. She commands the elements of the storm, making her an Omega-class mutant.
Right now, though she is standing in the way of a woman named Andria whose powers are much like the X-men’s enemy Magneto. She calls herself LODESTONE, her partner is an electromagnetic being dubbed ZZZAXX. The Black Panther went to make sure the other unknown criminal didn’t get to the palace vaults. Unfortunately she is outnumbered though not out classed.

She throws lightning at Lodestone who simply absorbs it harmlessly through her magnetic shield. Torrents of rain and wind do little to the two criminals. She raises her force in the small area to a force five hurricane but is grabbed by an unseen force.

“We will kill you weather bitch.” Lodestone laughs as Storm falls dizzy, “Remember your blood is still iron based and I can make sure I reroute the blood from your brain.”


“Why..” Ororo fights for consciousness “are” “you” her breath is labored “here.”

“To kill Avengers.” ZZZAXX taunts.

“RRRRROOOOOAAAARRRRRRR!!!!” is all Ororo hears as she passes out. The name is upon her lips “Logan?”
All children fight 3 by Stormcrow
All Children fight 3


“RRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!” Storm hears his feral call to arms, her mind dims into darkness with a single worded question on her lips.

“Logan?”

“The mighty WOLVERINE.” Lodestone coos as electromagnetic power courses through her body.

A shadowed figure follows the man called feral by some, killer by others. She wields two katana, drawn for blood. Until recently many thought she was a man, some thought her to be Daredevil himself. Her name is Maya Lopez, a Latina Native American who is deaf and was a lover of the man without fear. She was once called Echo, now she is dubbed RONIN, and student of Wolverine. ZZZAXX fires an electro blast toward Ronin only to miss, scrouching the wall behind her. Quickly Ronin points the bottom toward the being made of electromagnetic energy as a metal cable luanches. The cable passes through the near intangible creature implanting itself in a wall. Ronin then throws the sword through a window aiming at the ground.

“NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!” ZZZAXX screams as within that instant he realizes what the warrior is doing. The same tactic was done to him once before by a “powerless” other whom possessed a bow and arrow. His name was Hawkeye the Archer. As the sword pierces the ground near the window ZZZAXX flies upward.

With fluid motion the man called Wolverine slices at the woman in green and blue. Her magnetic shield saving her from a near eviseration. She smiles as she projects an electromagnetic force, grabbing the metal skeleton of her opponent. He is slammed through a wall, than into the ceiling, the floor, another wall, finally impaled by the chandlear, as his body hangs, blood pouring to the floor.


Outside the Rhino luanches himself at his full speed of one-hundred miles an hour toward everyone’s favorite non-mutant SPIDERMAN, only to find that the webcrawler flips over him. With little effort Spiderman uses his adhesion ability, grabbing the running Rhino’s foot. “Newton’s law Rhiny” The Rhino finds himself catapulted in the air, “An object in motion” toward the monster Abomanation “stays in motion.” The green skinned monstrousity never sees it coming as he is busy with SENTRY. The collision literally breaks the windows of the palace. The Green Goblin moves with uncanny manuverablity on his glider, firing energy blasts toward the flying armored avenger IRONMAN.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Come on shiny pants hit me!!!” The current Goblin is actually the son of Norman Osborn and Gwen Stacy, who aged radically along with his sister. Norman found away to stop the genetic anomaly, which was part of his mutation. Gabriel Osborn has superhuman strength, speed, agility, durability and intelligence. He is the aire apparent of Oscorp. He is a a raider, a man possessed, he is also insane.

Tony Stark, the man behind the armor, has trouble tracking this latest holder of the Goblin Mantle. Never has Ironman faced any of the Green Goblins and is finding out why they are Spiderman’s most deadly foes. The Goblin dives, barrel rolling as he dodges high energy repulsar blasts from his foe, guiding those blasts. Goblin slips and rolls creating frustration in Ironman.

“Stand still!” Ironman yells “how is it that my sensors can’t lock onto him?”

Sentry turns around as he sees the Goblin play chicken with him. Behind the advancing Goblin a repulsar blast zones in only to find a target, the Sentry. Meanwhile the Spiderman finds himself against Crimson Dynamo and the Abomanation.


“Hello Captian.” An oriential man of twenty replies as he stands over the body of the Black Panther.

“Who are you?” The man of broad stripes and stars asks.

“My name is Temugin.” The young man replies. Spiderwoman gasps.

“He is suppose to be the Madirin’s son.”

With a single thought before CAPTAIN AMERICA AND SPIDERWOMAN can react a brilliant light flashes.


Lodestone and ZZZAXX stand over the beaten bodies of Ronin and Wolverine. Wolverine begins to move, rising to his feet.

“I suppose I will have to pull a Magneto on your hairy ass Wolverine. So we can make you stay down.” Lodestone replies. Moments later ZZZAXX and Lodestone create an electromagnetic field around the feral mutant Wolverine and he begins screaming in pain as what appears to be beads of sweat appear from his pours. Then it happens, his metal rips from from his skeleton, mutaliating his flesh and muscle. The screams are heard throughout the palace and the court yard.

“Avengers break off!” yells Ironman as he where it can from.

Minutes later as Spiderman and Ironman find the source of the screams, they find Ororo Monroe, the STORM, holding a blooded Wolverine in a pool of hardened Adamintium.

“Oh Goddess Logan, why you.”
All children cry 1 by Stormcrow
All Children cry part 1

The scene is a terrible one to behold, as with any fallen hero. The place is the royal palace of Wakanda within the medical wing. Here in this place is the most advanced medical equipment on Earth save for the X-Men’s med lab and S.H.I.E.L.D.’s helecarrier. The man on the stretcher is named James “Logan” Howlett; the world knows him better as WOLVERINE. It was only ten minutes ago when his adamantium was literally ripped from his skeleton once more. The first time it happened four years ago when he and the X-Men faced the mutant Magneto. It took him two years to heal as his mutant healing factor was over taxed. The evil malcontent called Apocalypse later restored it, so Logan could become one of his horsemen. Again two others, Lodestone and ZZAXX, tore it from him. Both times Ororo Monroe; the mutant STORM was there, it tore out her heart then as it does now.

“Get WOLVERINE to med lab STAT!” Yells the star-spangled super solider CAPTAIN AMERICA as he and the cowled RONIN push Logan into the Medical ward.

Ororo looks through the observation window as they, along with the medical personal place Wolverine inside a restoration tube. She knows how bad it is, she remembers the last time.


“What has happened?” Ororo screams as she hears the alert coming in from the Blackbird as it descends into the atmosphere.

“We have a casualty!” Cyclops yells as he hits the intercom button. “Henry get to the hanger with medical equipment STAT!”

“Already there Scott.” Replies Hank’s voice responding to Cyclops last order.

“Who is it? Gambit, Jean?” Asks Ororo as she follows Cyclops down the hall to the elevator.

“Neither.” Cyclops opens the door as he steps in. He knows how close Ororo and Logan are and it pains him that he must tell her. “Wolverine.”

“What?” Ororo is stunned silent.

“I know how you feel for Logan Ororo and I am sorry. In many ways, I respect the man more than I respect the Professor. I hope and pray he will make it.” Scott places a hand on her shoulder.

“You know?” Ororo is still dumb founded as she speaks. Her mind numb as it tries to process the current information.

“Yes. Contrary to popular opinion I’m not blind nor see everything in complete black and white.” Scott and Ororo proceed down to the hanger.

Two weeks later

“Logan you’re a stubborn man,” says Ororo as she stands over him in the medical room.

“Yeah yeah I know princess.” Logan smirks, as he stands up walking bare-chested to the locker.

“I truly hate when you call me that old friend.” Ororo responds, tension in her voice.

“I need to do this ‘Ro.” Logan replies.

“You just started to get out of bed a week ago. You have nothing to prove you insufferable man.”

“I do to myself ‘Ro.”

“When your back in here do not cry to me.” Ororo throws up her hands and walks out.

“You wouldn’t have me any other way ‘Ro.” Logan says as the door slides shut.

The X-Men are in the danger room as Storm, Beast, and Xavier watch the teams progress as the team trains together. Moira is at the door as Logan, who is dressed in his fighting uniform, tells her that he wants to join in the training with his teammates. She orders him to go back to his room and rest, as his wounds are not completely healed. Logan raises Moira’s arm, as he walks into the room, telling the team that he needs to prove to himself and that he still deserves a place on the team. As the team leaves the room, Logan looks up to ask Xavier if he gets a chance to prove himself.

Xavier tells Logan that he will do as Logan asks and programs the room to release two battle droids. Logan, in a defensive manner, tells Xavier that he can eat these two walking can openers for breakfast. Though as the two droids hit the ground, Logan runs from them and the X-Men see for the first time, in Logan’s eyes, the look of fear! Logan is thrown around by the two battle droids.
“Charles stop the program!” snaps Ororo her eyes growing clouded.
“Professor please stop it. Logan is going to get himself killed!” Cyclops yells
“Logan must know his limitations and if this is the only way so be it.” Charles replies to the objections
“If he is harmed any farther Charles so help me I’ll…” Ororo is in mid sentence as Charles pushes the intercom button,
“Logan do you wish to stop?”
Logan gets up wiping his bloody nose as he smirks hiding his pain.
“I’m just warm’n up Chuck.” Logan replies and by instinct, he unsheathes his claws.
RRRIIIPPPPPP. In shock, Wolverine screams in pain, as his open wounds do not close.

“He is a survivor Ms. Monroe,” states the voice from behind Storm who is lost in thought. Ororo turns to look at her visitor.
“Perhaps Ms. Lopez but I still worry for the man.” Ororo answers
“Is there no one you wish to inform of his condition?” The Latina American Indian woman with a white hand on her face asks.
“There is.” Ororo answers as she leaves the room leaving the woman named Maria Lopez alone in the room overseeing her sensei. She truly is the RONIN she claims to be.
From a video feed the Panther, watches Ororo leave the observation room. He becomes engrossed in thought as he receives a visitor.
“T’Challa we need to speak.” His name is Tony Stark, the world knows him as a billionaire playboy and his alter ego as a superhero and bodyguard. He is the man people call IRONMAN.
“What is it Tony?” T’Challa’s posture is that of a man seething in anger, though his voice is controlled.
“Do you have any idea why those criminals attacked the Palace and not the mines?” Tony asks noting his friend’s position.
“No I don’t.”
Tony feels as though he was just lied to. “Are you sure?”
“If I did I would tell you.” T’Challa replies as he continues to look at the monitor. After a moment T’Challa speaks again. “He is a brave man to go up against those who on a power level out-match him.”
“He is a hero like all of us.” Tony replies, “Though he had other reasons to attack. Mainly to protect your fiancée and his best friend.”
“Is it only friendship they share?”
“If it was more than that would they not have tried to become more.” Tony knows the answer to that statement but he waits for T’Challa’s answer.
“Perhaps they are to stubborn.”
“Is the great Panther feeling threatened?” Tony jokes lightly.
“By him, possibly. She is to be my wife.”
“I wanted to ask you about that T’Challa. Why do you feel you need to become married now?”
“Wakanda law. The king must marry before he is 32, or he loses the crown to the next successor. Killmonmger.”
“You mean the man you beat you in ritual combat.”
To a point yes. The man who beats the wearer of the mantle in ritual combat, eats the herb and survives may become the next King of Wakanda unless the king has met all other duties of his station.”
“Marriage is one of them?”
“Yes. As well as producing an aerie apparent along with the marriage of a royal blood. I would rather marry one I love than to have one arranged.”
“So you can keep your throne?”
“Would you do anything to keep your company Tony.” T’Challa turns in response. “Under Killmonmger’s rule this land would suffer. I am the king and the king must do what he can to protect his people.”

Westchester Academy home of the X-Men and school for gifted mutants.
“Hello Ororo what can I do for you?” Scott replies. “So have you accepted that offer from the Avengers?”
“Actually this is in part something to do with that.” Ororo replies. Scott sees the emotion welling up in her eyes.
“What’s wrong ‘Roro?” Scott asks with concern.
“Its Logan. He was hurt in an encounter with a group of super criminals calling themselves Force Works.”
“How bad?” Scott leans into the monitor, his muscles are tense. For everything that has been between Wolverine and he over the years both men respect each other, and at times Logan was even more of a father than his own or the professor.
“His adamantium was torn from him.”
“Oh God. I’m sending Elixir, Hank, and Warren to your location via a blackbird.”
“Thank you.”
“He is family as you are.” Cyclops looks away toward Emma. “We all are.”
All children heal by Stormcrow
All Children heal

Stark Tower the next morning.

“We got our collective butts kicked yesterday, and one of our number is in a bed unable to be moved.” The man speaking is the current leader of the Avengers. He is CAPTAIN AMERICA.

“We were outclassed at every turn people. We are supposed to be the best at what we do.”

“With all due respect Steve they were a well trained team of bruisers who seemed to know each of our tactics. They were waiting for us.” SPIDERWOMAN replies. She has been studying the attack the Wakanda Palace and she found nothing of true value except for Panther’s family and future bride of importance.

“So what are you saying Jessica, that we were lured there for a trap.” Steve Rogers asks.

“What does a group of criminals like the caliber of Abomination, Rhino, Green Goblin, the Mandarin’s Son, ZZAXX, and Lodestone have in common. On top of that, guys I know Goblin and Rhino. Goblin is not a team player less he’s leading, Rhino isn’t trained as well as he showed. I really know nothing about Mandarin’s bouncing baby boy or the others.” His name is Peter Parker and he is the non-mutant SPIDERMAN.

“So the question is who trained them?” A stern voice sounds from the door. It is full of power and ability. She was once the Weather Goddess of Kenya, then becoming the Leader of the X-Men. Her white hair, tall lean stature, and striking beauty belays how dangerous she can be. She is Ororo Monroe, she is STORM.

Tony Stark smiles underneath his helmet. “Glad you could make it.”

“Let’s make this clear gentlemen. I am here on a temporary run, enough to make sure those people pay for their attack and damage of my friend Logan.” Ororo states as she sits down at the table, in Wolverine’s normal chair.

“We aren’t about revenge Ms. Monroe I want to make that clear.” Captain America answers.

“Then what is it?” The large invulnerable man named CAGE asks.

“There is something more than we know going on and I want the answers.” Captain America replies, “Ironman I want you Spiderman and Spiderwoman to come up with those answers. Do some digging, just make sure no one knows.”

“What do you want the rest of us to do?” The man in yellow and blue with a large “S” on his costume, the world knows him as SENTRY.

“I want you, Cage, and Ronin to examine the battle site for any clues. Then I want you three to analyze anything on these people calling themselves Force Works and memorize the way the move.” Captain America orders, “Storm I want you to come with me to see an old friend.”

“Okay people you have your assignments.” Captain America looks toward Iron Man as he continues, “Tony I need to speak with you for a moment.”


Captain America looks toward Ironman, waiting for the others to leave, though he notices Storm standing near the door. She is as stubborn as Wolverine, and just as vengeful when it comes to someone she cares about.

“Did you speak with our mutual friend?” Captain America asks.

“Yes he wasn’t to forth coming with a lot of information, but I can’t help feel he knows more than he was letting on. He didn’t seem to broken up about what happened.” Ironman replies understanding that he should not say Panther’s name.

“What did he say?”

“That he has processed Vibranium in the vault and is currently in a power struggle.”

“With whom?”

“A guy named Killmonmger.”

“I have a feeling he knows more than what he’s telling us.”

“Why did you suspect him to begin with?”

“Something Logan said before our mission yesterday.”

“Alright, I’ll look into Killmonmger for you as well.”


The same day “ 1:20 AM

The Blackbird lands on the palace grounds with six armed soldiers and the BLACK PANTHER waiting for the occupants to open the door. Moments later the door opens and three X-Men appear, they are Warren Worthington III dressed as he should be; as ARCHANGEL, the man to his right who seemingly looks like a humanoid panther Hank McCoy; BEAST, and the youngest who is not actually an X-Man yet though wants to be. His name is Joshua Foley though he has been called ELIXIR because of his healing ability.

“It is good to see you again Henry.” Panther says, “He is in the Medical lab.”

“Is Ororo here?” McCoy asks.

“She is in the Medical wing with the Wolverine. She hasn’t left his side.”

Minutes later McCoy, Worthington, and Foley enter the room where Logan is held within a vat. Next to the vat is a chair, with a sleeping Ororo. Henry places his furred hand on her shoulder and gently nudges her.

“Ororo wake up.”

“Hmmm, Henry?” Ororo opens her eyes as she rubs her neck. “Goddess my neck is stiff.”

“We are here now goddess and Wolverine will heal.” Warren continues as he walks over to the vat. “Joshua are you ready?”

“Yes Sir.” The golden skinned boy called Elixir answers.

T’Challa, the Black Panther, watches as the Wolverine is taken out from the vat and in amazement watches as a golden glow washes over the comatosed man. Within minutes the glow subsides and the young man called Elixir steps back, sweat beading from his forehead. He watches as the boy nods to Archangel as if passing the torch so to speak. Seconds later Warren cuts open his palm, placing it on the mutant Wolverine. The blood seeps into the healed skin of the feral mutant and within seconds the results are evident. Wolverine opens his eyes, taking a deep breath as if he had not taken one ever. Warren smiles, as he turns to the audience, which is McCoy and Ororo.

Ororo briskly steps to Logan’s side, placing her hand on his shoulder. Her smile showing her true delight, her eyes sparkle with something attuned to love.

“’Ro you okay?” The gruff voice of Logan sounds sweet to her ears.

“I should ask the same old friend. How are you feeling?”

“Like a freight train hit me.”

“Well my friend you were hit by something, but of the Electromagnetic kind.” McCoy replies as he steps up.

“Nice ta see ya bub.”

“As the feeling is mutual I am glad to reciprocate it.” McCoy answers.

“Do you remember what happened?” Archangel asks, waiting for Wolverine’s answer.

“Just pain. Lots o’ it.” Logan answers weakly.

“Your adamantium was taken from you.” Ororo responds as her hand finds his.

“Again?” Logan asks. “What is it with magnetic personalities and my skeleton?”

That question brings out a few chuckles from the present company, lightening the mode.

“Scott sends his wishes on a speedy recovery.” McCoy replies, “It is good to see our healers brought you back to where your healing factor is no longer taxed.” Henry scans Wolverine with a tricorder-like device. “Seems your 100% healed.”

“Thanks guys.” Logan states, as he eyes in the observation room an onlooker.
The onlooker’s name is T’Challa. “Where are da others?”

“I sent them back to Stark Tower. I promised I would send them an update on your condition.” Ororo remarks as she kisses his forehead. “Get your rest my old friend.”

“Okay goddess.” Logan answers with a smirk.

Moment’s later outside of the room Ororo stops Hank and the others. “Thank you for coming as quickly as you did.”

“We are family no matter what Ororo Monroe. Remember that.” Warren says. “Tell the troll that we still thank that way of him too will you.”

“Yes we must be off. Joshua here has class in the morning, though I will allow him to sleep in.” McCoy says as he pats the golden skinned boy on the back.

“Yes Ms. Monroe I do hope you will come by to the school, a few of the students miss you.” Elixir continues.

“So what does that leave you Ororo?” Asks Hank.

“What do you mean Henry?”

“Are you going to play avenging goddess?” Warren smiles as he makes the statement. “It was Logan after all.”

“What makes you both think that?” Ororo asks.

“We know you too well.” Hank replies.

“Then can you do me a favor and get as much information on those scum. I do have a score to settle.” Ororo has no qualms about hiding her intensions from her family now.

“We’ll do what we can.” Warren replies. “Besides Scott and Emma are working on it now.”

“Really?” Ororo asks, her eyebrow rising.

“It was simple, when T’Challa gave us the information freely.” McCoy finishes

As the four stepped outside to discuss things and say goodbye Logan looks to the observation room one more and simply says, “Alright Panther come say what cha want ta say.”

The door opens into the room and the man that is the King of Wakanda walks out. He is graceful, and as deadly as he is charismatic. He passes Logan walking toward the window to the scene outside. It is a building just outside the palace. Logan gets up, walking, though carefully, to the same view. What he sees is breathtaking.

“She will stand as a beacon, shining brighter than the star that is my Wakanda, lighting the way for mankind everywhere. A tribute to our potential. An undeniable paradigm of the greatness we are capable of achieving Logan. A symbol I can touch, that represents the dream that is within us all, human and mutant. Of heights all of humanity can aspire to and the depths of human sacrifice to be.” Logan listens to T’Challa’s words, how they are so articulately selected. “The Avengers have been referred to as the worlds greatest heroes, fighting for truth, justice and the American way. As if that were some inseparable holy trinity. Truth? That is in the telling. Just calmly messaged words that very well could be nothing but well placed lies. Justice? Belongs to the judge, who sits above those who put him there because they can not trust themselves. The American way? It constantly evolves Logan out of something that proves to be true and a lie, just and more…” panther pauses for a moment, “and all men are created equal.”

“Nice speech T’Challa is there a point to it?” Logan asks.

“That complex you see is a science building, it is a tribute to my people’s way of life. Through education and care, Wakanda does not have poverty, hunger, or strife. Can you say the same Wolverine? A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There is no denying the TRUTH in them, but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth, and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find solutions? Solutions though are not easy to find. They do not present themselves in neatly wrapped packages with a bow. Like anything of true value, they have to be dug for. Sometimes in the hardest of grounds, one’s own human clay. More often than not, mining one’s self, one’s soul leads to FOOL’S GOLD, unless the lick is taken to one’s own pride. One must swallow it after breaking a piece off. A bitter pill Wolverine for a better tomorrow.”

“What do ya want?” Logan’s patience thins as the Panther’s words sink in.


“I can give you something that is better than Adamantium, and I can free Ororo from our wedding if you can do one thing for me.”

“What is that kill someone fer ya?”

“Yes.” Panther calmly replies, “without it coming to me. For that I will also give you the answers of who attacked the Palace and why.”

“Do Ah have a choice?”

“Yes. Though the alternative is loosing Ororo forever.”

Logan looks away from the window.


The present time.

“I’m glad Logan is doing better.” Captain America speaks to Storm as they walk toward the Quin jet.

“As I am. He wanted to be here but I made him stay behind at the palace so he could rest more.” Ororo answers.

“He is one of a kind.”

“Yes he is.” Ororo states as she smiles slightly. “Where are we going?”

“To see Dum Dum at SHIELD headquarters.”

“Why?”

“To see if we can get any leads on this new FORCE WORKS.” Captain America replies, “Tony is upset at the use of the name.”


***********
So please give the reviews to tell me how the story is unfolding.
All children play by Stormcrow
All children play

It is one of the most advanced megastructures on the planet. It is two city blocks long, one city block wide. Its four super ramjet engines placed on the corners of the massive super structure holding it airborne. It is an impressive thing to behold, and a testament to man’s will and dreams. The mutant female named STORM has seen it only twice and it still astounds her. Her partner CAPTAIN AMERICA has been here more often than he cares to count and still is amazed. They are here though to get information from the current director of SHIELD, Dum Dum Dugan.

“Steve it’s always a pleasure.”

“Dum Dum. You know why we are here.” Steve replies as he shakes the director’s hand.

“Yeah I heard about that.” Dum Dum answers as he itches his nose. Steve Rogers catches it. “I don’t really know why it happened.”

Ororo catches what Dum Dum is saying. He doesn’t know why it happened but he may know who. “Mr. Dugan a friend of ours was wounded, almost killed.”

“Yeah I know about Logan. To tell the truth many countries would be happier if he did, with his current memory insight. Me, I served with the man he is one of the good guys.”

“Who is it Dum Dum?” Captain America asks.

“You, me and even Logan has faced him a few times. He’s an old friend, Johann Shmidt.”

“Where?”

“Don’t know that. Though I can tell you that it only took them thirty minutes to get to Wakanda in a Leer from the east.”

“Thanks.” The Captain says as he and Storm leave.


In a lab under the palace of Wakanda, the man once called James Howlett is submerged within a tank. BEAST, ARCHANGEL, and ELIXIR watch as the man called BLACK PANTHER begins an operation.

“How did you learn of the bonding process T’Challa?” asks Henry.

“It is a modification of Professor Kenji Oyam’s process of bonding Adamantium to bone.”

“How did you come by this?” McCoy asks once more.

“My father gained the secret while helping the Canadian James Hudson.”

“What?” Warren asks in shock.

“That is all I can tell you.” Panther replies as he continues. “I needed your healers here to ensure the bonding process does not over tax Logan’s healing ability.”

“What are you up to T’Challa?” Asks Beast silently.


Within the security hub of the Wakanda Palace, the IRONMAN shifts through security logs, and observation videos using his armor’s data and sensor retrieval system. Meanwhile outside where the Criminal’s called collectively FORCE WORKS landed their disguised Leer SPIDERMAN and SPIDERWOMAN scan the area.

“I have a theory here Spiderwoman.” Replies Spiderman as he looks at his scanner.

“What is that?” Spiderwoman is immersed in her scans.

“What if they came here as a diversion, as well as a testing phase?”

“How did you come by that?”

“Nothing was actually stolen, even after we were taken out of the picture.” Spiderman continues, “I admit a 2 pound chunk of Vibranium was taken but it wasn’t in the vault. It was on an unarmed display. Panther has two hundred guards with the highest technology available, none of them were dispatched save a small platoon. They were enough to hold back the Abomination, though they allowed the others to get past them.”

“Are you saying Panther allowed a group of super villains to attack his palace, attempt to kill his bride to be, and flattened us because he is up to something?” Spiderwoman asks, “If so Peter, that’s a stretch. I know T’Challa extremely well. He is one of the most honorable men I know next to Logan.”

“I said it was a theory.”

“Unfortunately it is a sound theory.”

“Spiderman, Spiderwoman I need to see you on the Quin-jet ASAP.” Replies Iron-Man over the comm.-link.

Minutes earlier…..


The Sentry uses his awesome psionic abilities passively scans some of the higher officers of Panther’s elite guard. Inside he feels a small prang of guilt from one, and scans deeper. “Iron man this is Sentry. We need to speak.”
all children cry 2 by Stormcrow
All Children Cry part 2

“What do you mean the attack may have been planned?” The woman called SPIDERWOMAN replies to her blue and yellow clad companion SENTRY.

“I have been experimenting with my abilities as was suggested by Ms. Frost. I recently learned how to scan peoples’ minds. It was during my practice that I happened to scan one of the majors. He was there in the security room when they discovered the jet coming in as it entered Wakanda air space. He was ordered from T’Challa himself to stand down and call us.”

“T’Challa may not have wanted his men harmed.” Spiderwoman replies.

“Look Jess I don’t know what’s going on but what I do know is that the platoon that held up Abomination was able to do it for several minutes while I was tangling with Rhino, before Sentry got there.” SPIDERMAN answers. “They backed off when Robert got involved.”

“Also according to the security logs, which were tampered with by the way, show an elapse time of 2.5 minute loop. It was a good fake but the ghost image lingered.” Says IRONMAN. “Why I don’t know but I do know that we are being suckered by an old friend.”

T’Challa stands facing the unconscious man originally named James Howlett held within the Healing Vat. The operation was a success and now it will take time to see if the experiment will take. It is not what the King of Wakanda is thinking about though. He thinks about the man named WOLVERINE.

“More often than not, when choosing a road, it’s the easy path taken. The reasons are obvious, understandable but ultimately undefendable.” T’Challa stares down at his instruments checking the readings. “ Because we were created to create ourselves. It’s the greatest gifted given to us by our creator. The problem though, is that many, a gift falls short of what they believe they deserve.”

The BLACK PANTHER then places his mask over his head, covering his face. He then moves back in front of the vat. “Born to GREATNESS is a lie and fate was invented by cowards, but DESTINY is something we hold in our hands Wolverine. My father helped Lord Darkwind after World War II and when the Lord “died”, we gave that information to the Canadian government. The Red Skull was the man that killed him to gain that secret. Even now, his grasp is felt around the Earth. He owns the Media and he tells them, those insecure men ignorantly seeking to tell people what to think. What we think, I’ve learned, is secondary to what we feel. We are not machines, we are human beings all of us. Our intellect, for better or worse is slave to our emotions. He pushes the hatred of Mutants as his party did the Hebrew and all who were different before World War II. The war that will come will bring us into another World War. It is a shadow war Logan, one you were a pawn of. Skull, Strange, Zemo, Xavier, Stark, Doom, Hudson, others and I are members of this shadow war that is actually an incredibly intricate chess game. “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” People call us some of us the Illuminati Logan and like it or not you are a pawn once more, as is the other Avengers. I need you to take care of my problem that the Skull sent without exposing me. In return I will give you the power to fight against the darkness once more.”


“Hey Cap, its Cage we have a problem.” CAGE holds a cell phone as he watches Panther from the shadows of the observation room.


TEMUGIN holds sway over a metal orb, rolling it along his hand over and under. He smiles overtly as he hears footsteps entering his room.

“Yes Mr. Schimt.”

“My dear boy, its Johann remmebr that.”

“My father called you Mr. Schimt or Skull and I learn from him. I only became part of this to show honor upon his name.”

“I know and like he I am a member of the Beschatten Sie Congress even sitting in as chairman for two terms. I came here to ask if you would like to destroy Stark and his pawns the Avengers.”

“With pleasure.”





1-German for Shadow Congress

tell me how its going, personally I am enjoying how this is panning out.
All children bleed by Stormcrow
All Children Bleed

The world is nothing but blood and thunder as a wall collapses upon the Rhino. He never realized what happened, several direct lightning strikes dismantled the villain. Meanwhile the Goblin is fighting the man named IRONMAN. The first time these two fought the Goblin outflanked and out classed the man of iron, now the tide has changed. Iron man is now matching Goblin move for move, out thinking the maniacal master of mayhem.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! Oh where oh where could Mister Shiny Pants be. HAHAHAH…uuhh?” Goblin says as he suddenly sees a de-cloaking Iron man in front of him just as a point blank repulsar blast destroys his glider. “AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!”

“Batter up SENTRY!” The electronic synthesized voice of Tony Stark.

The yellow and blue clad Sentry drops Crimson Dynamo as he finds his mark, his fist connecting to the Goblin; sending him flying through a tree. “Home run.”

“RROOOOAAARRRRRR!!!!” Abomination screams as he fights the masked RONIN and CAPTAIN AMERICA. The two dodge the mammoth gamma filled monstrosity that is Emil Blonsky. He lunges as Ronin leaps high, grasping his neck from behind, Captain America slides under his legs, slicing the Achilles tendon with the star spangled shield. Ronin clasps the Abomination’s ears, then stabbing the left eye. Blonsky screams in pain as Ronin knuckle punches the behemoth in the area of the cerotic artery. The gamma-powered man falls unconscious.

“Nerve point.” The masked Ronin replies.

Two-hundred yards from the main battle the criminal Lodestone attacks everyone’s friendly neighborhood SPIDERMAN and SPIDERWOMAN. She is a mutant with magnetic abilities, though her powers are less than that of Magneto. “I’m going to rip out your heart bug-boy.”

“Like I haven’t heard that before. By the way those fashion senses of yours, green and purple with a big metal…hey what is that anyway?” Spiderman replies as he flips spinning his web line toward his opponent. She laughs as she throws up an electromagnetic field. That was only a distraction though as impact webbing collides with Lodestone’s eyes, mouth and nose. She tries to scream but cannot breath. That is when she feels a small prick and oblivion takes over. “Thanks Ben for giving Tony the idea.” Replies Spiderman as he looks at his red and gold gauntlets.

CAGE stands the onslaught of the being called Zzzaxx as his invulnerability is pushed to the limit. “Is…that all…ya got…lightbulb?”

“You will die fleshling!”


“Says…you.” Cage then pulls out a palm-sized device from his jacket and smiles as he activates it. It is then that the energy that Zzzaxx is expanding toward Cage becomes absorbed along with ZZZAXX. “Meet the energy absorber, compliments of Xavier University.” Cage collapses as he still smokes.

The Mandarin’s son TEMUGIN faces the feral WOLVERINE. The younger Asian man smiles loosely as he shoots a beam from one of his treasured rings. The mark is a miss as the savage Wolverine dodges, leaping over and about. “What can claws do to me the wielder of the rings of power?” He fires a telekinetic force bolt at Logan, hitting him fully. Wolverine smiles as a demon would do as it feeds upon a soul. “Sorry bub but I’m improved.” Wolverine unsheathes his silver claws, slashing in the air. The ripple effect is as follows. The energy that was absorbed from the TK impact was channeled through the VIBRANIUM laced skeleton of the feral Wolverine and now he chooses to release it as a wave of energy from his claws. Temugin freezes and pays the price. He is beaten.

Hours later the Avengers stand over the criminals as they are imprisoned in Wakanda.

“Welcome to de team Ro.” Wolverine replies as he places his hand on her shoulder.

“It was temporary Logan. Though I rather enjoyed it. I am also glad you are well.”

“Yeah bout that, I have ta go in a few days. I was asked to go on a mission. I’ll see ya later goddess.”

“Where is he going?” Ororo asking no one in particular.

“He has to pay a debt.” Replies Spiderwoman.
All children Grow by Stormcrow
All Children grow

The world was nothing but blood and fire for the mutant dubbed WOLVERINE here in the darkest jungles of Wakanda. He is on the hunt, like some primordial predator lost to antiquity. His prey Erik Killmonger, the only man who stands in the way of Panther’s claim to the throne without having to marry Ororo Monroe, a princess though her mother was exiled.

“So Ah have become a lapdog fer T’Challa’s games. So be it, anything fer ‘Ro.” Thinks the man trapped within the animal. “Its funny, Ah remember everything from the witch’s little reality shift, and ah know Ah am not a mutant. Ah was born to a people dat never should have existed. Thanks to an immortal named Adam Destine and his luv’r djinn bitch. From them three tribes were brought forth. The Destine family, the moon tribe, and the bear.”

I see the headlights on the highway
I'm standing in the rain
Gonna hitch a ride to nowhere
Shake off Mary Jane
Ashes to ashes
Leave it in the dust
Don't worry about missin' me
You do what you must whoa

“The Moon tribe and the Bear fought each other over and over until they were wiped out by our own bloodshed but Ah was cast out fer a trail of blood before hand. Ah was three or four at the time. Ah was found by wolverines and thanks to mah empathic ability toward predators they accepted me as one of their own. Ah was captured by trappers, one of them was to become my “grandfather”. He gave me ta his son James who has lost his child and his wife Elizabeth was in an asylum. Ah was young and then met da groundskeeper who called himself Logan. He had a son named Dog, it was his scent that I knew, somewhere. He was my real father’s brother. He left the moon tribe but Ah don’t know why. As ah grew older Ah met my first love if not mah greatest. Her name was Rose and she a good friend, it wasn’t till dog attacked her that Ah realized Ah loved her. When mah “mother” saw my uncle kill mah “father” and Ah killed him with my claws she went insane. Logan never expected me ta be of the moon tribe, the look on his face was of horror. The damage Ah did to him could not heal quick enough fer his ability. He died quickly.

Change no you can't change me
Into something I could never be
Sure nuff plain to see
That you can't, you can't change me.

Rose and Ah fled. It was a few years later when Ah walked into a bar and saw a man who would be my mortal enemy fer life. His name was Creed but the world now knows him as SABERTOOTH. He was older than Ah and we fought. There was no contest, Creed beat me and left me fer dead. He killed Rose and left. I remember what he said as he threw me off a cliff. “Sorry Runt but bein’ what we are there is no other way.”

I didn’t know what that meant till now. He was a member, if not the last, of the Bear Tribe. We are blood bound to kill each other. The curse of our “Grandmother” follows through us. Ah do know he too was given to a family at birth, as our ways mostly, though some are allowed ta stay to keep the tribe true. Though they were religious and “punished” him greatly. He knew what he was from the beginning and he accepted it. We are both forces of nature, more than human. We fight to keep a balance, Ah don’t know why but we do. I left and traveled to Japan met my first wife Itsu, who was pregnant with my child when she was murdered. I went to the mountain of the Demon to become a weapon. I embraced my nature, became what the Moon tribe was. They were a race of warriors born and created by our “Grandparents” to protect the earth from all things that would harm it, including the people who lived on it. My tribe is over 100,000 years old and was born when “grandmother” fell from the heavens and Adam Destine was called Dagon the fallen. The Bear tribe was to be our safe guard, yet they were jealous of our role and wanted it. A war began, causing both tribes to neglect our charge, mother Earth.

Afterwards Ah left Japan to fight in the first world war. I then fought in the second world war, teaming with my ancient enemy Creed. We decided that it was not worth the fight anymore until he killed in cold blood without needing too.

Are we losing our connection
Are you somewhere on the line
Yeah I'm hearing your suggestion
But it's too late, too late here tonight
So many reasons
Everybody's out of time
I'll take my chances baby
Ooh ooh and take what's mine

Ah became a weapon at Project Weapon X, becoming a tool for them until Ah escaped. Ah was later found in the wilds by Heather and James Hudson, though Ah wonder why they would have come in the middle of the northern wilderness for a honeymoon. The reason Ah was there was to come home, on a instinctive level Ah followed the way to the caves, finding nuthin but the dead. On that animal level Ah saw the spirit of our “Grandmother” and she explained it all to me. Ah did not remember till now. Ah was then a member of Alpha Flight, yet another tool. Ah left Department H after Xavier offered me away out. Ah no longer wanted to be a tool, but again Ah was. That was when Ah met Jeannie and Ororo. They were beautiful, and I wanted Ororo but she was not in my league so Ah turned to Jean as a replacement, and deep down she reminded me of what later turned out to be Rose.

Change no you can't change me
Into something I could never be
Sure nuff plain to see
That you can't, you can't change me

Now I am a tool for Panther. It is my lot in life, but fer the last time. Ah love Ororo and though she may never love me, Ah will be there as her stone, she is connected to Mother Earth like me, she is a force of nature. I will always be there for her, and though Ah am doing this so Panther does not marry ‘Ro in hopes Ah can win her as Ah attempted ta do before that entire house of M crap, all I want is fer her ta be happy. Am ah doing this ta make her happy? Or am Ah doin it fer me?” With these last thoughts Wolverine stops and looks to the heavens. He looks down at his hands as he then pushes a button on his gauntlet. “You have ta love Tony’s toys”

Moments later Logan hears her voice over the comlink, and he inwardly smiles.
“Where are you Logan?”

She is his STORM, and he does love her but what could he offer her. She needs to be taken care of, she needs to be loved, and most of all she needs to be allowed to love the person she is with.

“Ro are ya alone?”

“Yes Old Friend.”

“If Ah asked you somethin’ Ah need ta know tha truth.”

“Anything Logan.”

“If..” He pauses not sure what to really say “Ah had actively pursued you more than ah did would it be you and me getting married instead of ya runnin to T’Challa?”

“Logan what are you saying?”

“Please answer tha question ‘Ro.” His chest tightened at her possible refusal. He is doing something he hates; he is opening to be left vulnerable.

“I do care for you Logan, more than that you and I are friends and I don’t want to lose that.”

Are we losing our connection
Are you somewhere on the line
Yeah I'm hearing your suggestion
But it's too late, too late here tonight
So many reasons
Everybody's out of time
I'll take my chances baby
Ooh ooh and take what's mine

“I understand. Be happy Princess.”

“Logan wait. Let me finish for once you stubborn man.” He hears her say quickly before he is about to severe the connection.

“What.” His voice a little harsher than it should have been.

“What are you about to do?” Ororo asks.

“Can’t tell you. Its an oath I have ta finish.”

“Please be careful Logan. Come back to me whole.”

“I don’t want to lose you ‘Ro. If Ah did I know I could face another day but Ah don’t know fer how long.”

“The only way you’d lose me is if you leave me.”

“Did I leave you?”

“Not yet.”

“’Ro do you love him?”

“T’Challa? No, but in time I could. I do care for him now.”

“Did you ever love me?”

“Lo…” she swallows as she is taken back by the question..”Logan I…”
she tries to breath but can’t. She feels as if the wide open walls of Avenger’s Tower will fall onto her. “I never…I never stopped.”

Logan breaths easier, not realizing that he was holding his breath. “Ya nev’r told me.”

“Did I have too?”

“No. Ah just thought you felt differently about me is all.”

“We will speak later okay. I have to go.” She replies as she sees T’Challa walking toward her.

“Tell him hi fer me.”

The link is severed.

Change no you can't change me
Into something I could never be
Sure nuff plain to see
That you can't, you can't change me

An hour later Logan stands facing the man called Erik Killmonger. He can see the man for what he is, he is a monster.

“Killmonger.”

“You are his assassin?”

Logan looks toward a camera and smiles. He takes a deep breath as he replies.

“Who is he?”

“The false ruler of Wakanda.”

“Don’t really know him personally. This is about kill’n you fer yer crimes bub.”

“Then I shall kill you first!” Killmonger screams as he charges. Logan unsheathes his Vibranium claw cutting off Killmonger’s arm. With a scream, the man falls clasping the stump that was once his arm.

“Renounce the throne Killmonger now.” Logan whispers in his fallen opponent’s ear. “Or I will kill you.”

“Never.” Whimpers Killmonger. Wolverine is about to kill this man as something enters his mind. “The only way you’d lose me is if you leave me.”

“Did I leave you?”

“Not yet.”

Logan pauses for a moment then sheaths his claws. “I have beaten you Killmonger. By Wakandan law the one who beats the panther is the panther.”

“You have to eat the root and survive.” Killmonger whispers.

“That is true. Do you have a it?”

“Yes.”

You know you're something to see
But you can't no you can't change me
You're somewhere in tomorrow
I'm stuck here in today
Got more trouble than a man can borrow
When you're livin' it up livin' in outer space

Moment’s later Killmonger sees Logan ingests the root and after a few moments witnesses Logan smile after he wipes his brow from the sweat. “Looks like I survived.”

“NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Two days later Logan stands in front of T’Challa and shows him the security footage from Killmonger’s encampment.

“Do you want my throne Wolverine?”

“No. You are the true king of Wakanda.”

“Do you want what was promised?”

“Its up to her not me Panther.”

“Is that right.” Panther turns to look toward a camera. “Ororo please come here.”
All Children come home by Stormcrow
All children come home

“Come in Ororo.” T’Challa replies as he looks toward a camera.

Logan grins, knowing she would have been watching. Nothing T’Challa does surprises him.

“’Lo Ro.”

“Old friend.” Ororo replies. She then looks toward her future husband and raises an eyebrow. “ So you made a deal with Logan to get your “mantle” back?”

“There was never truly any deal as you think goddess.” T’Challa replies, “ I couldn’t bare to see you hurting more than you were when the Wolverine was hurt. It also afforded me an opportunity to rid my land of Killmonmger. Say what you will, it was a win-win situation for Wakanda. The deal was that you choose to either stay or leave with your companion. I would not give you to anyone. You are not an object, but a person.”

Ororo looks toward her soon to be husband as clouds begin to swirl outside. Her anger and inner turmoil showing within the very weather, “So you two made a deal?” She looks to Logan.

“Ro the deal was that if he put the Vibranium in me Ah would take care of Killmonmger for him. Noth’n else. ah just didn’t kill’m, Ah made h’m lose, forfeiting the mantle to me.” Logan walks toward Ororo as a friend, “You told me that you loved me. Then why did cha accept T’Challa’s offer?”

“Logan, for years I loved you. Ever since the day I saw you in the mansion that first time I was infatuated. I was so young then. Why do you think I judged you harshly until you put me in my place so to speak. No man ever did that, not even T’Challa. Yes, the Black King controlled me, but no man ever dominated me the way you did, without doing a thing. You treated me as an equal, you never were intimidated by me, you never held my hand and treated me like something fragile, you forced me to improve so I could feel an equal to you though I was on a level of power that dwarfed you. You flew after Jean though, then Mariko. When she died it tore me apart because you were in pain, yet you moved on. I compared all the men I loved to you, an animalistic passionate man, and they never measured up.” Ororo hugs her old friend with love, “ We were on the road to something more than what we were before Wanda transformed the world. It revealed our most basic wants Logan, hidden deep in our subconscious minds. Something we personally wanted. You wanted to be this rebel savor who fought the same government he belonged to. When you remembered who you were, you never tried to come for me. I was a queen in my homeland. I felt something missing yes, and though T’Challa tried to woo me then, I refused. Why I couldn’t say until now. It was you. I love you more than I can even realize but we are not meant to be together in this life, not in that capacity. I do love T’Challa on many levels, and I am happy with him. You are an eternal samurai, constantly at war with yourself, never at peace. That is what makes you who you are, with me you would be a warrior without a war.”

Logan looks down at her hands clasped in his rugged ones and he kisses them. What she said is true, but there is more. “An Animal knows what it s and accepts it Ororo. A man may know what he is but questions it all. In those questions, there is turmoil, but when you are there, that raging sea calms. I am at peace. How do I know what I ought to be or want to be with out you there? You make me dream, live, grow, and change into the man I want to be for you.”

“For now give me the time to get to know you again.” Ororo replies. She looks toward her husband to be then with remorse she walks toward him. “T’Challa, my king. I am sorry.”

“Don’t be Ororo. You are always the Queen that you aspire to be.”

“Then its time to call a new place home. Stark Towers.” Ororo says leaving the throne room of Wakanda.

The end.
This story archived at http://https://rolorealm.com/viewstory.php?sid=1593